PDA

View Full Version : Williams vs Martinez

J.B.
11-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Paul Williams just fought like an idiot again, and he got KTFO in the 2nd round. He walked right into a left hand after taking a bunch of punishment in the first round for trying to fight on the inside and with his back against the ropes. Williams is a talented fighter, but he got laid out in brutal fashion tonight. It was bad...

He's shown once again that he has poor defense and is easily lured out of the style that gives him the best chance at success. Consider the Williams hype-train of being the most feared fighter officially derailed at this point. Williams may need to come back to welterweight if he can't handle the power of guys at middleweight, and if he's not going to improve his defensive technique.

J.B.
11-21-2010, 04:55 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1120/box_williams_martinez2x_576.jpg

logrus
11-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Paul Williams just fought like an idiot again, and he got KTFO in the 2nd round. He walked right into a left hand after taking a bunch of punishment in the first round for trying to fight on the inside and with his back against the ropes. Williams is a talented fighter, but he got laid out in brutal fashion tonight. It was bad...

He's shown once again that he has poor defense and is easily lured out of the style that gives him the best chance at success. Consider the Williams hype-train of being the most feared fighter officially derailed at this point. Williams may need to come back to welterweight if he can't handle the power of guys at middleweight, and if he's not going to improve his defensive technique.

Ohhh come one JB, tell me how you really feel lol..

Good to see Sergio got his payback though :laugh:

logrus
11-21-2010, 04:57 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/1120/box_williams_martinez2x_576.jpg

That picture is a close second to Evans Machida KO lol.

rockdawg21
11-21-2010, 04:59 AM
Ouch, forget about saying everybody has ducked him. Maybe some of the other fighters saw things we all didn't.

J.B.
11-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Ouch, forget about saying everybody has ducked him. Maybe some of the other fighters saw things we all didn't.

They all saw a very tall WW/MW guy who provides a considerable threat with very little drawing power. That's why he never landed a big fight with Floyd, Manny, or Shane. This fight was his chance to posture for a fight with one of those guys, but he lead with his chin and paid a heavy price for it. I still wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Williams/Martinez rubber match down the road, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the same outcome.

rockdawg21
11-21-2010, 05:17 AM
True.

I'll bet he goes from #3 p4p to #10 first thing in the morning. Too bad for Williams, he had a golden opportunity to start landing big fights.

J.B.
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/33052/martinez-williams-fight-112f12.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/33052/martinez-williams-fight-1222.jpg

JavierDLC
11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Ohhh come one JB, tell me how you really feel lol..

Good to see Sergio got his payback though :laugh:

OMG I Cant Believe it i think I just Agreed with you :wacko:

Sergio won the first fight and he looked great in this one. I can't believe Emmanuel Stewart was so Convinced Paul Williams was wining the FIght :Whistle:

I can see Mayweather vs Martinez now :)

This Can be A Sick A$$ fight :laugh:

**Imagine if he was wearing UFC gloves?**

I think I press rewind like 30 times!!! I was blasting my surround sound and that was a Huge Punch!!!

J.B.
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
I can't believe Emmanuel Stewart was so Convinced Paul Williams was wining the FIght :Whistle:

He did?

I was watching UFC at the same time, and I had the volume turned down on this fight.

JavierDLC
11-21-2010, 10:50 PM
He did?

I was watching UFC at the same time, and I had the volume turned down on this fight.

Yeah after the fight it was Emmanuel and Mike Pappa talking about the fight and Emmanuel was in disbelief that Sergio landed that one punch while Paul was clearly fighting the perfect match or so he says :rolleyes:

How would you see a possible fight with Floyd?

It probably wont happen since Sergio is not a huge draw but he has looked amazing in hes last fights.

J.B.
11-22-2010, 12:03 AM
http://imgnook.com/2LCo.gif

J.B.
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah after the fight it was Emmanuel and Mike Pappa talking about the fight and Emmanuel was in disbelief that Sergio landed that one punch while Paul was clearly fighting the perfect match or so he says :rolleyes:

How would you see a possible fight with Floyd?

It probably wont happen since Sergio is not a huge draw but he has looked amazing in hes last fights.

Williams hardly fought the perfect fight, and the evidence is posted all over this thread. :laugh:

I think Floyd would probably take a pretty easy decision, but he certainly wouldn't stand in front of Sergio or let himself get pressed up against the ropes for very long. Williams could have out-boxed Martinez, but he got caught being a tough-guy and paid a the ultimate price in a fight. Floyd's movement and speed would frustrate Martinez and slow down his output like he has done to most of the fighters he's faced. Obviously, Floyd isn't getting any younger and one day those skills are going to diminish, but at this point I still think Floyd is superior to Martinez. Sergio can obviously throw some heavy shots, but I don't see him getting to Floyd enough to finish him.

JavierDLC
11-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Williams hardly fought the perfect fight, and the evidence is posted all over this thread. :laugh:

I think Floyd would probably take a pretty easy decision, but he certainly wouldn't stand in front of Sergio or let himself get pressed up against the ropes for very long. Williams could have out-boxed Martinez, but he got caught being a tough-guy and paid a the ultimate price in a fight. Floyd's movement and speed would frustrate Martinez and slow down his output like he has done to most of the fighters he's faced. Obviously, Floyd isn't getting any younger and one day those skills are going to diminish, but at this point I still think Floyd is superior to Martinez. Sergio can obviously throw some heavy shots, but I don't see him getting to Floyd enough to finish him.

I agree J.B. I think it would be a good fight none the less :)

The first Fight was close but I still think Sergio won.

Look at Sergio's Face when he knocks him out as Paul is going down. Hes like HOLY SH!# !!!!!!!!

Llamafighter
11-22-2010, 02:12 AM
How long was he down for? That was nasty.

JavierDLC
11-22-2010, 02:22 AM

I think I heard it took him 45 sec to start moving :scared0015:

Imagine if he was wearing little UFC gloves :scared0011:

J.B.
11-22-2010, 02:23 AM

He was down for at least 3 minutes, but I don't think it was more than 5. When they got him up he was still pretty messed up.

J.B.
11-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Look at Sergio's Face when he knocks him out as Paul is going down. Hes like HOLY SH!# !!!!!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/33052/martinez-williams-fight-11212.jpg

JavierDLC
11-22-2010, 02:37 AM
http://www.boxingscene.com/uploads/33052/martinez-williams-fight-11212.jpg

Sergio Is such a nice Guy very respectful. Its hard to believe he started boxing in his early 20's

Hope he gets a Big fight against Mayweather or Pacquiao.

I'm 100% Mayweather camp but Sergio deserves a big well paid fight. He made 1.05 million for the destruction of Williams.

J.B.
11-22-2010, 02:47 AM
I like Sergio too, he is definitely a worthy opponent for anybody at junior middleweight or middleweight. Glad to see he was able to pull off KO of the year! :)