PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick

J.B.
11-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Deshawn Jackson of the Eagles said they were "like pit-bulls, ready to get out of the cage" after last night's trouncing of the Redskins...:rolleyes:

Apparently, he forgot that Michael Vick was his quarterback...:Whistle:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/25/alg_michael_vick_preseason.jpg

Certainly, he is as controversial as Brett Favre, yet unlike the Vikings leader who, at this point, is playing for the Cal Ripken award rather than the Lombardi Trophy, this season Michael Vick is looking like a potential MVP candidate.

So, what does everybody think of Vick's return to the spotlight this season?

Are you happy to see that he turned his life around and is doing well again?

or

Should the Eagles ignore his 6 touchdowns on Monday night, start Kevin Kolb, and ship Vick off to PETA headquarters never to be seen again?

:ninja:

Bonnie
11-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Deshawn Jackson of the Eagles said they were "like pit-bulls, ready to get out of the cage" after last night's trouncing of the Redskins...:rolleyes:

Apparently, he forgot that Michael Vick was his quarterback...:Whistle:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/25/alg_michael_vick_preseason.jpg

Certainly, he is as controversial as Brett Favre, yet unlike the Vikings leader who, at this point, is playing for the Cal Ripken award rather than the Lombardi Trophy, this season Michael Vick is looking like a potential MVP candidate.

So, what does everybody think of Vick's return to the spotlight this season?

Are you happy to see that he turned his life around and is doing well again?

or

Should the Eagles ignore his 6 touchdowns on Monday night, start Kevin Kolb, and ship Vick off to PETA headquarters never to be seen again?
:ninja:

Is this a rhetorical question? :unsure-1:

If not, why mess with a good thing. Don't go mess'n with the mojo! :ninja:

He is very fast! The man can move it..move it..move it. Sure wish Brett could move like that--could have saved himself from some of those hard hits he's taken with that tissue offensive line.

I'm glad he's doing so well; they should continue to let him start/play. :)

J.B.
11-17-2010, 06:56 AM
I can't imagine what will happen if he gets a 50 million dollar contract during free agency or wins a Super Bowl...

There will be activists everywhere.
Personally, I can't get enough of Vick's alter-ego, Ron Mexico...

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/ac/Michael_Vick.jpg

If the Eagles wanna keep Kolb, we'll take Vick down here in the desert. :devil:

matthughesfan21
11-17-2010, 07:13 AM
Is this a rhetorical question? :unsure-1:

If not, why mess with a good thing. Don't go mess'n with the mojo! :ninja:

He is very fast! The man can move it..move it..move it. Sure wish Brett could move like that--could have saved himself from some of those hard hits he's taken with that tissue offensive line.

I'm glad he's doing so well; they should continue to let him start/play. :)
He's always been a great runner but he's worked very hard to get back to the top and he has turned himself into one hell of a qb...His feet are still a very deadly weapon, but his arm maybe even more dangerous, first play of the game, that pass to Jackson was sick...the Maclin TD was awesome also...He's throwing deep deep passes right on the money...I hated him after everything happened, but he served his time and seems to have changed for the better, and he has put in a lot of effort to be a great person and player, so I am happy for him and damn he is fun to watch

County Mike
11-17-2010, 10:58 AM
He served his time.

Eagle fans booed him when he first came to Philly. Now they love him. It's all about getting the wins. As long as he keeps winning, Eagles fans will forget about his crime.

JavierDLC
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
He's always been a great runner but he's worked very hard to get back to the top and he has turned himself into one hell of a qb...His feet are still a very deadly weapon, but his arm maybe even more dangerous, first play of the game, that pass to Jackson was sick...the Maclin TD was awesome also...He's throwing deep deep passes right on the money...I hated him after everything happened, but he served his time and seems to have changed for the better, and he has put in a lot of effort to be a great person and player, so I am happy for him and damn he is fun to watch

I agree 100%

I am a loving,caring and Proud owner of 4 Pitbulls and I hated Vick for what he did but Like you said he did hes time and has made an effort to becoming a better person so Im happy for him.

Bonnie
11-17-2010, 04:28 PM

You did realize that's what I was saying too in my post didn't ya--that they should stick with what's working...meaning Vick? :unsure-1:

He served his time.

Eagle fans booed him when he first came to Philly. Now they love him. It's all about getting the wins. As long as he keeps winning, Eagles fans will forget about his crime.

Looks like he's really turned things around. :) As to the fans, keep 'em happy... :laugh:

Bonnie
11-17-2010, 04:30 PM
I agree 100%

I am a loving,caring and Proud owner of 4 Pitbulls and I hated Vick for what he did but Like you said he did hes time and has made an effort to becoming a better person so Im happy for him.

I have to admit, they scare me, but I hate to see any animal mistreated.

billwilliams70
11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
He certainly VICKtimized the Redskins, that's for sure!

Later.

rockdawg21
11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
He did the time for his crime. People just need to stop bitching or go be a judge themselves if they want to punish criminals.

rearnakedchoke
11-17-2010, 06:48 PM
i have always been a fan of vick and thought when he came back his best days were behind him ... so glad to see he is even better ... as to what mh21 said, his throws are perfect and his feet can get him outta some problems ... philly sure has a team that can go deep ... hopefully he wins the superbowl and gets a huge contract .... i really think MV is a changed man and he is proving a lot of people wrong ... poor kevin kolb ...

rearnakedchoke
11-17-2010, 06:51 PM
oh, and JB, great RM shout out ..

logrus
11-17-2010, 09:24 PM
I dunno about MVP, hes played against sub par teams all season. The only interesting win came against Indy I believe. Besides he has only played 6 games, 5 because the first meeting with Washington he got put on IR.

Still are a handful of games bro so who knows, right now though its a big NO!

matthughesfan21
11-17-2010, 09:43 PM
You did realize that's what I was saying too in my post didn't ya--that they should stick with what's working...meaning Vick? :unsure-1:

:

Yeah I know what you meant, but I was just building off what you were saying about his quickness, I was pointing out that his passing is great now too and then I added some of my other thoughts...Sorry for confusing you, I didn't feel like editing the quote because I was being lazy or something:laugh:

flo
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Personally, I can't stand the dog-killer. But, as several have said here, he did his time and should be able to earn his living.

There's no comparison, IMO, between Vick - whose side career was exploiting, torturing and killing dogs - to Favre, who is apparently only guilty of indecision on his retirement date, throwing interceptions and sending TSA-themed pictures to a woman other than his wife.

flo
11-17-2010, 11:01 PM
But you're right, JB, they are both certainly controversial.

flo
11-17-2010, 11:03 PM
It's all about getting the wins.

Yeah, that's what is pathetic about ML sports.

J.B.
11-17-2010, 11:59 PM
oh, and JB, great RM shout out ..

You know it brother!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oyqxiyaFP9w/SpXxWQjJzFI/AAAAAAAAAEM/7MS36EZiME0/s400/mexico.jpg

http://rangelife.typepad.com/rangelife/images/ronmexicoidhitit.gif

J.B.
11-18-2010, 02:21 AM
I dunno about MVP, hes played against sub par teams all season. The only interesting win came against Indy I believe. Besides he has only played 6 games, 5 because the first meeting with Washington he got put on IR.

Still are a handful of games bro so who knows, right now though its a big NO!

I don't think it's really fair to say he doesn't deserve it because of their schedule. We know that every game is tough to win in the NFL, even the crappiest teams don't typically lose by more than 7 or 10 points. Even then, the final score isn't always a true indicator of how close a game really was.

So, why should Vick be considered?

Vick is the highest rated QB in the league this season, and even with missing 3 games, his number of attempts per game are still almost on par with other QB's, so it's not really a true case of being rated higher due to less playing time when you think about it. Not to mention that Vick obviously doesn't always sit in the pocket and will scramble if he feels he has too.

Vick has thrown ZERO interceptions this season. It's tough enough to go one game without tossing a pick in today's league, let alone 6 games and over 150 attempts. If Vick manages to keep this up the rest of the season, he is on par to break Bernie Kosar's record for most consecutive attempts without an INT (308).

Vick is tied for 7th place in rushing touchdowns this season, with 4. Now, there are always a few QB's in the mix because of goal-line situations with option or sneak plays, however Vick is still the highest QB of those in the mix and he is still ahead of some the leagues star half-backs. I don't think that stat surprises most people, but it speaks to exactly what kind of player Vick has been, and that is a play-maker. Being a play-maker is one of the top priorities of a MVP candidate because it's a key part of what wins football games.

If the Eagles keep winning with Vick performing as he has, and he remains healthy the rest of the season, I don't see how he won't be considered amongst the top 3 candidates, if not the shoe in. Obviously, guys like Brady, Manning, Rivers, and others are up there too, but if I had to pick somebody today I would have to give Vick a strong consideration. Injuries do have a major effect on a players ability to be a "Most-Valuable" player, because clearly you are not very valuable on the sidelines. However, Vick has consistently stepped up and delivered in every performance thus far, and it's especially hard to ignore him after the way he played on Monday night.

logrus
11-18-2010, 06:15 AM
I don't think it's really fair to say he doesn't deserve it because of their schedule. We know that every game is tough to win in the NFL, even the crappiest teams don't typically lose by more than 7 or 10 points. Even then, the final score isn't always a true indicator of how close a game really was.

So, why should Vick be considered?

Vick is the highest rated QB in the league this season, and even with missing 3 games, his number of attempts per game are still almost on par with other QB's, so it's not really a true case of being rated higher due to less playing time when you think about it. Not to mention that Vick obviously doesn't always sit in the pocket and will scramble if he feels he has too.

Vick has thrown ZERO interceptions this season. It's tough enough to go one game without tossing a pick in today's league, let alone 6 games and over 150 attempts. If Vick manages to keep this up the rest of the season, he is on par to break Bernie Kosar's record for most consecutive attempts without an INT (308).

Vick is tied for 7th place in rushing touchdowns this season, with 4. Now, there are always a few QB's in the mix because of goal-line situations with option or sneak plays, however Vick is still the highest QB of those in the mix and he is still ahead of some the leagues star half-backs. I don't think that stat surprises most people, but it speaks to exactly what kind of player Vick has been, and that is a play-maker. Being a play-maker is one of the top priorities of a MVP candidate because it's a key part of what wins football games.

If the Eagles keep winning with Vick performing as he has, and he remains healthy the rest of the season, I don't see how he won't be considered amongst the top 3 candidates, if not the shoe in. Obviously, guys like Brady, Manning, Rivers, and others are up there too, but if I had to pick somebody today I would have to give Vick a strong consideration. Injuries do have a major effect on a players ability to be a "Most-Valuable" player, because clearly you are not very valuable on the sidelines. However, Vick has consistently stepped up and delivered in every performance thus far, and it's especially hard to ignore him after the way he played on Monday night.

I understand the idea of not excepting strength a schedule as a reason, but he has played against some of the worst ranked DEF in football. Wash 32, Jax 28, Det 21, Ind 18. Ad in they are ranked#3 in Offense with half those games under another QB.

Right now it really still is too early to just except defeat and hand him the award.

J.B.
11-18-2010, 07:08 AM
I understand the idea of not excepting strength a schedule as a reason, but he has played against some of the worst ranked DEF in football. Wash 32, Jax 28, Det 21, Ind 18. Ad in they are ranked#3 in Offense with half those games under another QB.

Right now it really still is too early to just except defeat and hand him the award.

I agree that we shouldn't just hand him the award, obviously there is still plenty of football left. I was merely suggesting that at this point in time, he is surely a candidate, and if his numbers continue to hold up to what they have been then he would surely be in the mix amongst the top few players.

Going back to the teams he has played against. He also put up over 100 rushing, 175 yards passing, and 1 touchdown against the number one defense in your very own Green Bay Packers. Besides, we see time and time where poorly ranked defenses play great defensively many weeks, but end up giving up big yards on a just few plays. We also see top ranked defenses get burned too.

logrus
11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
I agree that we shouldn't just hand him the award, obviously there is still plenty of football left. I was merely suggesting that at this point in time, he is surely a candidate, and if his numbers continue to hold up to what they have been then he would surely be in the mix amongst the top few players.

Going back to the teams he has played against. He also put up over 100 rushing, 175 yards passing, and 1 touchdown against the number one defense in your very own Green Bay Packers. Besides, we see time and time where poorly ranked defenses play great defensively many weeks, but end up giving up big yards on a just few plays. We also see top ranked defenses get burned too.

I think hes a candidate as well, but the media is pretty much acting like the MVP award is his. By the end of the year is all is good, he still will have played 4 less games then everyone else on the list.

Well we never schemed for a game against Vick, besides he only put up 1 touchdown on us and was sacked 3 times. Not only that but late in the game on 4th and 1 we stopped him. :tongue0011:

J.B.
11-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Well we never schemed for a game against Vick, besides he only put up 1 touchdown on us and was sacked 3 times. Not only that but late in the game on 4th and 1 we stopped him. :tongue0011:

:laugh:

Scheme or no scheme, I can't imagine McCarthy was too happy seeing a QB break for a 30 yard run, or pick up over 100 yards on only 11 carries.

JavierDLC
11-18-2010, 09:10 PM
I have to admit, they scare me, but I hate to see any animal mistreated.
Ah come on Bonnie how can this beautiful faces cause any Fear :)

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/MAC.jpg
MAC
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/Z-1.jpg
"Z"
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/X.jpg
"X"
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/JavierDLC/SPIKEY.jpg
SPIKE

J.B.
11-18-2010, 09:14 PM
awesome dogs Javier :cool:

My buddy has 3 pit-bulls now, and I have known lots of friends with pit-bulls and I wouldn't say any of them are any more ill-tempered than other dogs I've had or known.

JavierDLC
11-18-2010, 09:24 PM
awesome dogs Javier :cool:

My buddy has 3 pit-bulls now, and I have known lots of friends with pit-bulls and I wouldn't say any of them are any more ill-tempered than other dogs I've had or known.

Thank you J.B :)

I think it all depends on how you treat them and the attention they get.
My dogs have been around my kids ever since they where born and they are wonderful with them.

J.B.
11-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Thank you J.B :)

I think it all depends on how you treat them and the attention they get.
My dogs have been around my kids ever since they where born and they are wonderful with them.

I totally agree

bj44
11-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Pitbulls are usually less likely to attck humans then other dogs... But there agressive as hell to other dogs from my expierience... I love pitbulls but hate pitbulls owners who think that there dog can take a Lion or grizzly bear cus of how much "game" they have... Its just a dog...

rearnakedchoke
12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
vick leading the pro bowl voting ... looks like a lot of people forgive him

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/12/08/michael-vick-pro-bowl.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

J.B.
12-08-2010, 11:39 PM
vick leading the pro bowl voting ... looks like a lot of people forgive him

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/12/08/michael-vick-pro-bowl.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

I hope he wins the Super Bowl

rearnakedchoke
12-20-2010, 01:56 PM
i am bringing this up in this thread because he was a big part of that comeback ... but man .. that game was awesome yesterday ... being up 21 with 8 minutes to go should be a win, but philly played awesome to win that in regulation ...

J.B.
12-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I would love to see the Eagles knock the Falcons out of the Playoffs, then win the Super Bowl.

VIVA RON MEXICO!!!!

http://blogs.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/blog/ron-mexico.jpg

Seriously, Vick gets my vote for MVP.

rearnakedchoke
12-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I would love to see the Eagles knock the Falcons out of the Playoffs, then win the Super Bowl.

VIVA RON MEXICO!!!!

Mine too .. but Brady will get it as i think votes for desean jackson and vick will be split ...

Miss Foxy
12-20-2010, 02:11 PM

VIVA RON MEXICO!!!!

I hate the Falcons!!!!!!! My Saints biggest rivals!! :punch:

J.B.
12-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Mine too .. but Brady will get it as i think votes for desean jackson and vick will be split ...

Brady is having a great season, and nobody could argue against a vote for him either. I just personally think Vick has been such a huge game-changer all year long that he can't be denied. He's shredding defenses through the air and on his feet like he's playing college ball, and he had a very low level of expectation coming into this year. Between the MNF game against Washington, the comebacks, and the general boost he has provided everybody around the Eagles team this year, I have to give it to Vick.

J.B.
12-20-2010, 02:17 PM
I hate the Falcons!!!!!!! My Saints biggest rivals!! :punch:

The ratings for a Eagles/Falcons NFC Championship game, in Atlanta, would be through the roof...

That would be some EPIC football...:wink:

rearnakedchoke
12-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Brady is having a great season, and nobody could argue against a vote for him either. I just personally think Vick has been such a huge game-changer all year long that he can't be denied. He's shredding defenses through the air and on his feet like he's playing college ball, and he had a very low level of expectation coming into this year. Between the MNF game against Washington, the comebacks, and the general boost he has provided everybody around the Eagles team this year, I have to give it to Vick.

no doubt ... he is for sure the MVP in my books .. but i have a feeling he'll be left out ... just my hunch ...

and yes, atlanta/philly will be crazy ...

VCURamFan
12-20-2010, 04:04 PM
The ratings for a Eagles/Falcons NFC Championship game, in Atlanta, would be through the roof...

That would be some EPIC football...:wink:
Holy crap. that'd be awesome!

J.B.
12-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Holy crap. that'd be awesome!

Vick was hurt when they played there earlier this year, and they didn't even have him come down to the sideline...:ninja:

That would be very crazy to say the least...That crowd would boo so loud...:laugh:

VCURamFan
12-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Vick was hurt when they played there earlier this year, and they didn't even have him come down to the sideline...:ninja:

That would be very crazy to say the least...That crowd would boo so loud...:laugh:
I almost wish that it'd be like the NFL version of LeBron's return, but Vick doesn't have a trade-marked entrance. :laugh:

J.B.
12-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I almost wish that it'd be like the NFL version of LeBron's return, but Vick doesn't have a trade-marked entrance. :laugh:

As long as they don't use that song by Baha Men, I would love it...:laugh:

matthughesfan21
12-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Amazing comeback yesterday, I find myself rooting for Vick more and more...I never had a problem with him on the field, but he paid for his mistakes and has won me over and man oh man is he fun to watch...It's between him and Brady for the MVP, but it goes to VIck in my book, but I doubt it happens