PDA

View Full Version : Published Letters in Fighters Only

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
:ashamed:

People will probably know that Fighters Only Magazine is regarded as the top Magazine for Mixed Martial Arts in England, it was founded by Ian Freeman, but is now managed and Edited by my Favourite Journalist, Mr Hywel Teague... I have issues Eight through Thirty Two unbroken. I picked up again from Thirty Six to the present day Forty Eight Issue.

The reason I'm missing a few is coz I wasnt quick on the re-subscription :sad:

Anyway, the Magazine went through a revolution in between Issue Twenty One and Twenty Two...and shortly thereafter I began to take more notice. I began to write to the Editor on the reception of every Issue from Thirty Six when I decided to Re-Subscribe....my Letter was first published in Issue Forty Two when I won Letter of the Month Award

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2580/67124699.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67124699.jpg)

I was published again in Issue Forty Four

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9649/31917816.jpg (http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=31917816.jpg)

and I just discovered I was published yesterday in Issue Forty Eight

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9016/55412928.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=55412928.jpg)

I have two goals for this year. My First is to be introduced to Hywel Teague in person. This is possible as he attended Cage Gladiator Events periodically, and I attend them...continually :laugh:

My second Goal is bloody ambitious if I do say so myself....by the end of this year I want to have my own Artical published in that Magazine :w00t:

until then I'll keep writing feedback letters :ashamed:

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Kelly Crigger is one of the authors you have in your post!! I am going to keep more of an eye out for his name in Fight magazine and other MMA sites. He's great. He's the guy who drove us to Walter Reed Hospital, Dave. Did you know that?

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Kelly Crigger is one of the authors you have in your post!! I am going to keep more of an eye out for his name in Fight magazine and other MMA sites. He's great. He's the guy who drove us to Walter Reed Hospital, Dave. Did you know that?

~AmyNo, & you certainly never mentioned how cute you think he is.:Whistle:

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 10:08 PM
No, & you certainly never mentioned how cute you think he is.:Whistle:

Well I'd never do anything that unprofessional. :tongue0011:

Dave better not start picking on my favorite Army man or I'll kick his a$$. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Well I'd never do anything that unprofessional. :tongue0011:

Dave better not start picking on my favorite Army man or I'll kick his a$$. :laugh:

~AmyI believe it!

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 10:52 PM

~Amy
:scared0015: its a small world isnt it. He wrote as a guest author. What you have to remember is that the above is an edited version of my full letter. His artical wasnt to bad...but he made a silly parallel...he said words to the effect of the UFC doesnt need the WAMMA, and until the WAMMA has the UFC its a hollow institution. I aggree entirely. But then he said that it was like America and the UN...well thats just untrue. American CREATED the UN in part...the UFC did not create WAMMA...America despite what popular opinion is in the US is still involved in the UN...The UFC and WAMMA dont even speak to each other so ive heard.

I expressed all of that by I have no control over what bits they publish...its usually the most dramatic bit I write...so I'm not picking on him...but his anaology was well off...and he was writing for an English Audience which would have seen right through his attempts at saying America needs the UN as little as the UFC need WAMMA :laugh:

You say he's cute? I didnt get to see his picture :rolleyes:

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 11:06 PM
:scared0015: its a small world isnt it. He wrote as a guest author. What you have to remember is that the above is an edited version of my full letter. His artical wasnt to bad...but he made a silly parallel...he said words to the effect of the UFC doesnt need the WAMMA, and until the WAMMA has the UFC its a hollow institution. I aggree entirely. But then he said that it was like America and the UN...well thats just untrue. American CREATED the UN in part...the UFC did not create WAMMA...America despite what popular opinion is in the US is still involved in the UN...The UFC and WAMMA dont even speak to each other so ive heard.

I expressed all of that by I have no control over what bits they publish...its usually the most dramatic bit I write...so I'm not picking on him...but his anaology was well off...and he was writing for an English Audience which would have seen right through his attempts at saying America needs the UN as little as the UFC need WAMMA :laugh:

You say he's cute? I didnt get to see his picture :rolleyes:

He's a happily married man, we talked about his kids and everything. But yes, he is cute. :angel: He writes for several things including Fight magazine. He also wrote a book. I haven't read it yet but I plan to order it soon. I posted a link to a picture of him in the thread in the woodshed about a cool military website. Bonnie wanted to see what he looked like. :laugh: He was very nice, very professional.

~Amy

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
He's a happily married man, we talked about his kids and everything. But yes, he is cute. :angel: He writes for several things including Fight magazine. He also wrote a book. I haven't read it yet but I plan to order it soon. I posted a link to a picture of him in the thread in the woodshed about a cool military website. Bonnie wanted to see what he looked like. :laugh: He was very nice, very professional.

~Amy
:ninja: really. I got one copy of fight magazine...but I wasnt to impressed with the quality of their stuff...it was like Fighters Only PRE Issue Twenty Three...just lots of bits...and when I wrote to tell them they had Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler still down as being at MFS :rolleyes: they just sent back a pretty standard "thanks for letting us know" letter...I wasnt able to get a foot in the doorway.

Say...If I see him writing in FO again, I'll scan his artical for you to read (not sure you can get FO in the US...and it would only be his artical not the whole Magazine... :frantics:

I shall go take a look at your thread...dont think ive seen that one :cool:

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 11:13 PM
:ninja: really. I got one copy of fight magazine...but I wasnt to impressed with the quality of their stuff...it was like Fighters Only PRE Issue Twenty Three...just lots of bits...and when I wrote to tell them they had Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler still down as being at MFS :rolleyes: they just sent back a pretty standard "thanks for letting us know" letter...I wasnt able to get a foot in the doorway.

Say...If I see him writing in FO again, I'll scan his artical for you to read (not sure you can get FO in the US...and it would only be his artical not the whole Magazine... :frantics:

I shall go take a look at your thread...dont think ive seen that one :cool:

Cool. Fight magazine has Mayhem writing some articles for it. They are hilarious. It isn't as good as say Texas Monthly, but for an MMA mag it's my fave.

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 11:16 PM

You say he's cute? I didnt get to see his picture :rolleyes:Ummmm...it's a great analogy. The UN likes to pose & posture & talk about have they have power, but the only time their decrees have any umph is when the US enforces them. If the US said "You know what, this is stupid, we're out!", then the UN would take the moral high ground & blow & bluster, but eventually fall apart.

Similary, WAMMA is pointless with the UFC. They can blow & bluster about MMA needing a governing body (which I completely agree with), but without the UFC, it'll all fall apart soon, especiallyif Fedor somehow ends up in the UFC.

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Ummmm...it's a great analogy. The UN likes to pose & posture & talk about have they have power, but the only time their decrees have any umph is when the US enforces them. If the US said "You know what, this is stupid, we're out!", then the UN would take the moral high ground & blow & bluster, but eventually fall apart.

Similary, WAMMA is pointless with the UFC. They can blow & bluster about MMA needing a governing body (which I completely agree with), but without the UFC, it'll all fall apart soon, especiallyif Fedor somehow ends up in the UFC.
...and heres why the analogy doesnt work.

America jointly set up the United Nations to stop other countries acting unilaterally after Nazi Germany. She has abandoned it now because it does the job its meant to do...and it does that even to her!! Thats why she dislikes the UN...because it limits her in the same way that it limits everyone else...which was partly by HER design

WAMMA wasnt created by the UFC, WAMMA wasnt created by the UFC to stop a single insitution gaining a Monopoly, Its developed that completely on its own...

What you guys have to face is that YOU are responsible for the creation of the UN and its working PERFECTLY doing EXACTLY what you in part designed...what its showing is that the US thinks its above the Law...that its perfectly alright for other Nations to be restricted to prevent dragging her into War...but she can do what she likes...and btw...thats Public Opinion...until The US pulls out of the UN...which it wont and cant, because even if you dont, your government understand the above.

You are not above the law...your just lucky that England chose to follow you and Russia and China didnt care much....otherwise you would have had great problems then a foolish French Veto :ninja:

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Cool. Fight magazine has Mayhem writing some articles for it. They are hilarious. It isn't as good as say Texas Monthly, but for an MMA mag it's my fave.

~Amy
:huh:

you know he's doing a stint on an MTV show soon called "Bully Beatdown" :laugh: :laugh:

He's not everyones cup of tea :unsure:

Chuck
03-02-2009, 11:36 PM
My second Goal is bloody ambitious if I do say so myself....by the end of this year I want to have my own Artical published in that Magazine :w00t:

until then I'll keep writing feedback letters :ashamed:

It's really not that ambitious Dave.... you're a very talented writer... not only do I think you can do it.... but if you remember my PM..... I'm already predicting it!!! :)

VCURamFan
03-02-2009, 11:38 PM
You are not above the law...your just lucky that England chose to follow you and Russia and China didnt care much....otherwise you would have had great problems then a foolish French Veto :ninja:I'll be honest: I'm thankful for the support we received in the War, but know this: it was not necessary. The heavy lifting has been down by America & the English/Australians/etc. have been really helpful, but it's not like they swung the war in our favor. It would have been much longer & harder without them, but the end result would have been the same.

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
It's really not that ambitious Dave.... you're a very talented writer... not only do I think you can do it.... but if you remember my PM..... I'm already predicting it!!! :)
We're talking about Hywel Teague here though...he's like the kinda tallent in writing I wish I was...he's exceptionally tallented...its gonna take more then a reasonably good writer to be acceptable to him. :unsure-1:

TexasRN
03-02-2009, 11:50 PM
:huh:

you know he's doing a stint on an MTV show soon called "Bully Beatdown" :laugh: :laugh:

He's not everyones cup of tea :unsure:

He's funny, he entertains me. Sometimes that is all it takes for me to like someone.

~Amy

Tyburn
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
I'll be honest: I'm thankful for the support we received in the War, but know this: it was not necessary. The heavy lifting has been down by America & the English/Australians/etc. have been really helpful, but it's not like they swung the war in our favor. It would have been much longer & harder without them, but the end result would have been the same.
The only reason you could fight two wars at once, was because you had more troops then just YOUR armed forces...and let me tell you...you couldnt do a third front.

Also it depends what war your talking about. In Hellmand...yeah it WAS pretty much down to England, and in Basra...yeah...same story. Your forgetting that your allied helpped you conqure in the first place.

want me to tell you why you couldnt have done it without another member of the security council on your side? Because your country is geographically TOO FAR away from the wars it fights...your munnitions, your aircrafts need storing, moving along, refueling...where the Hell do you suppose that takes place???

You'd have effectively have to do it completely by ship..not sure thats possible with afghanistan...though it would have been possible with Iraq...though whether you would have actually won...who knows...and before you say anything else...understand that what gave you the ability to have allied forces...was the fact that England went along with you...do you think Canada, Austrailia would have jumped to your aid AGAINST our wishes?? They are commonwealth! They are your allies because WE are your allies....and on serious matters...I very much doubt they'd break with the Crown to follow what was largely thought of as an Illegal War by every other soverignty besides England and the United States

This is precisely the embodiment of the United States that makes it EXTREMELY hard work and rather UNrewarding, to be your allies...

Face Facts...NO man is an Island...that include America...if you go beyond your means you will be responsible for the collapse of your Super-power...as we nearly saw didnt we with the greedy sub-prime market, and the foolish bankers...you'll be the death of us all if you dont LISTEN to what other Nations say who have BEEN where you are, for A lot longer then you.

Soooo the analogy is poor...and whats poorer is that its written to a European audience who knows in depth stuff that the U.S public opinion is choosing to ignore. :angry:

Hughes_GOAT
03-02-2009, 11:56 PM
The only reason you could fight two wars at once, was because you had more troops then just YOUR armed forces...and let me tell you...you couldnt do a third front.

Also it depends what war your talking about. In Hellmand...yeah it WAS pretty much down to England, and in Basra...yeah...same story. Your forgetting that your allied helpped you conqure in the first place.

want me to tell you why you couldnt have done it without another member of the security council on your side? Because your country is geographically TOO FAR away from the wars it fights...your munnitions, your aircrafts need storing, moving along, refueling...where the Hell do you suppose that takes place???

You'd have effectively have to do it completely by ship..not sure thats possible with afghanistan...though it would have been possible with Iraq...though whether you would have actually won...who knows...and before you say anything else...understand that what gave you the ability to have allied forces...was the fact that England went along with you...do you think Canada, Austrailia would have jumped to your aid AGAINST our wishes??

This is precisely the embodiment of the United States that makes it EXTREMELY hard work and rather UNrewarding, to be your allies...

Face Facts...NO man is an Island...that include America...if you go beyond your means you will be responsible for the collapse of your Super-power...as we nearly saw didnt we with the greedy sub-prime market, and the foolish bankers...you'll be the death of us all if you dont LISTEN to what other Nations say who have BEEN where you are, for A lot longer then you.

Soooo the analogy is poor...and whats poorer is that its written to a European audience who knows in depth stuff that the U.S public opinion is choosing to ignore. :angry:

where's Nate when you need him, Ben?:tongue0011:

Tyburn
03-03-2009, 12:04 AM
He's funny, he entertains me. Sometimes that is all it takes for me to like someone.

~Amy
Do I entertain you :ashamed:

TexasRN
03-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Do I entertain you :ashamed:

Yes you do. :)

~Amy

Tyburn
03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Yes you do. :)

~Amy
:laugh: probably just as well :w00t:

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 12:10 AM
where's Nate when you need him, Ben?:tongue0011:My guess is that Nate doesn't care. He & Dave have had this argument a million times before, & it always ends the same way: Dave completely holds that the US would have been useless with the allies & fails to accept that the US could have easily spread troops to cover each task that our allies were given. Nate gets tired of having the facts he presents being ignored, so he leaves.

Hughes_GOAT
03-03-2009, 12:12 AM
My guess is that Nate doesn't care. He & Dave have had this argument a million times before, & it always ends the same way: Dave completely holds that the US would have been useless with the allies & fails to accept that the US could have easily spread troops to cover each task that our allies were given. Nate gets tired of having the facts he presents being ignored, so he leaves.
get him Ben :laugh:

Tyburn
03-03-2009, 12:15 AM
My guess is that Nate doesn't care. He & Dave have had this argument a million times before, & it always ends the same way: Dave completely holds that the US would have been useless with the allies & fails to accept that the US could have easily spread troops to cover each task that our allies were given. Nate gets tired of having the facts he presents being ignored, so he leaves.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well...now that we can aggree on something...perhaps you can cease your nonsence...Having done Strategic Studies during the time of the invasion...I know afew things...like I said...the major issue wouldnt have been troop number...it would be getting the troops to the warzone...with no where to refuel and reload. :Whistle:

TexasRN
03-03-2009, 12:16 AM
:laugh: probably just as well :w00t:

Yeah, boring people annoy me.

~Amy

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 12:17 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well...now that we can aggree on something...perhaps you can cease your nonsence...Having done Strategic Studies during the time of the invasion...I know afew things...like I said...the major issue wouldnt have been troop number...it would be getting the troops to the warzone...with no where to refuel and reload. :Whistle:And so how is it that the US would not have been able to stretch the supply lines that far but the UK & Australia were magically able to deploy troops wherever they wanted?

Buzzard
03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Dave, those can't be your letters, it appears that all of the words were spelled correctly.

Neezar
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
...and heres why the analogy doesnt work.

America jointly set up the United Nations

WAMMA wasnt created by the UFC,

Dave, are you saying that two things have to be exact or that they have to be created in the same way to properly use them in an analogy?

If you are then I disagree.

Can an analogy not refer to just one function or relation of two things?

I would think 'yes'.

That is why you fail to discredit the analogy.

Sometimes it seems like you take any opportunity to turn something totally unrelated in it's original context into something to support your political agenda (which usually feels like it is bashing the US).

note: This is where you usually throw in how you are biased and favor (US) Americans. It reminds me of a saying here in the south. You can get away with saying anthing mean as long as you end it with 'Bless your heart.' (Ex. "You sure got your Momma's ankles, didn't you? Bless your heart." ) It is almost like you think you can insult the US in anyway imaginable as long as you say 'but I love her.'

Tyburn
03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Dave, are you saying that two things have to be exact or that they have to be created in the same way to properly use them in an analogy?

If you are then I disagree.

Can an analogy not refer to just one function or relation of two things?

The point is WAMMA and UFC have never had any relationship, they grew completely independantly of each other. The UFC doesnt host, dones perform any function has absolutely nothing to do with WAMMA

The U.S has a lot to do with the UN, it part created her, part manages her, hosts her etc

So the analogy of saying that the whole rest of the world is Hollow is crap...especially when the US IS part of the United Nations...its heavily involved in it, always has been. See...I doubt you've even read his artical in the first place, so you dont know exactly what a propergandar machine that was in the first place.

...I dont go out of my way to insult...but when someone like Ben starts to say that really the United States doesnt need her allies...thats just bloody rude, especially when she does.

Max
03-03-2009, 06:43 PM
It reminds me of a saying here in the south. You can get away with saying anthing mean as long as you end it with 'Bless your heart.' (Ex. "You sure got your Momma's ankles, didn't you? Bless your heart." ) It is almost like you think you can insult the US in anyway imaginable as long as you say 'but I love her.'
the way dave is acting also reminds me of a saying I have heard before.
"Number 2 will always hate number 1"

Crisco
03-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Not to mention the UK has been sucking the muslim teet quite a bit these days. I won't be surprised if you participate in the UN's proposal to ban defamation against muslims.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 07:06 PM
...I dont go out of my way to insult...but when someone like Ben starts to say that really the United States doesnt need her allies...thats just bloody rude, especially when she does.Dave, you presented a point of view, I presented mine. You offered a rebuttal & I offered mine. If you think I'm so blantaly wrong, then show me how & where. I'm sorry if my opinions upset you, but at least I'm honestly expressing them & offering to debate with you, not tossing out back-handed comments while responding to someone else's post.

Tyburn
03-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Dave, you presented a point of view, I presented mine. You offered a rebuttal & I offered mine. If you think I'm so blantaly wrong, then show me how & where. I'm sorry if my opinions upset you, but at least I'm honestly expressing them & offering to debate with you, not tossing out back-handed comments while responding to someone else's post.
You offer your opinion, I offer mine.

Sometimes I sugar coat things more then others. When I hear that its an opinion that the United States doesnt really need its allies, I wonder about how that might make those who have been killed for standing up with you feel. I myself was in London when Terrorists Bombed us, because we stood up with you. You will excuse me if I find your notion that you dont need, and therefore truely dont give a care about your allies as abhorant when they are dying for YOUR cause.

I also told you already, your Allied strength isnt so much in the troops you can use from your friends, but their Countries that you can use in order to get close to the fight, in order to get TO the fight...havent you been listening AT ALL to the Star Wars stuff thats going on in Eastern Europe? In Order to get coverage for YOUR protection, you need US to act as hosts for your listening Station...you are trying to befriend Eastern Block Countries...Russia doesnt like it...If Russia can convince, by turning on and off the gas the Eastern Block that its livelihood depends of Russian supplies...then they will tell you where to go...and YOU cant get coverage without them.

Perhaps you forget I live less then half hour from Menwith Hill...an American Stronghold IN MY COUNTRY, for YOUR protection...how else do you think you have advanced notice of incoming missiles???

So...why bother trying to be tactful with someone who gives no regards to their Allies and honnestly thinks they can do it on their own...and rather then just shyte stiring with Andreas...perhaps you answer the conundrum I give you.

Without your Host Nations...how do you get coverage and protection for yourself? Without your Host Nations, how would you GET your troops TO the fight quickly enough to be effective??? So if your honnestly debating, answer my points?

Max
03-04-2009, 01:26 AM
You offer your opinion, I offer mine.

Sometimes I sugar coat things more then others. When I hear that its an opinion that the United States doesnt really need its allies, I wonder about how that might make those who have been killed for standing up with you feel. I myself was in London when Terrorists Bombed us, because we stood up with you. You will excuse me if I find your notion that you dont need, and therefore truely dont give a care about your allies as abhorant when they are dying for YOUR cause.

First off Dave its not just our cause the cause of all the countries who stand with us. Second you seem to forget that the US have military bases all over the world. Not all of the countries in which we have military bases agree with the war in Iraq but we still will get supplies from those bases to help fight the war.

Neezar
03-04-2009, 06:33 AM
See...I doubt you've even read his artical in the first place, so you dont know exactly what a propergandar machine that was in the first place.

Well, I have to be nice to you....for now. :mischievous: So, I will let this drop. But would you be so kind as to scan said article so we can read it for ourselves?

:)

Tyburn
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
First off Dave its not just our cause the cause of all the countries who stand with us. Second you seem to forget that the US have military bases all over the world. Not all of the countries in which we have military bases agree with the war in Iraq but we still will get supplies from those bases to help fight the war.
Those are in your allied Countries Max...No Allies...NO BASES!

...I think those countries who allowed you to use them and were not in favour with the war didnt react for two reasons...first, by the time the Invasion was complete, the UN had decided the war was alright after all...secondly...they fear you...your bases are already well established in your allied countries, getting you out might not be easy for a country not as powerful as yourself...but there are places you havent go to yet...like the Eastern Block...not letting you in, in the first place is far easier done.

Besides...I already pointed out, one thing that helpped the US greatly, was the fact England, another power on the Security Council backed you up. Theres not much chance against a powerful union like that, that the UN would be able to do anything much about putting sanctions on those countries that help you...thus...why not help? We substantiated your cause to the rest of the world, we played as your advocate in Europe and in the United Nations...all I'm looking for is for some of you to recognise that you NEED friends and that OUR losses are worthwhile..

DONT pretend that this was everyones cause...Afghanistan maybe...but where you lost support from the world after 9/11 was with the sudden switch and jump to Iraq. That largely is your war, rather then everyones.

Tyburn
03-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Well, I have to be nice to you....for now. :mischievous: So, I will let this drop. But would you be so kind as to scan said article so we can read it for ourselves?

:)
Why do you have to be nice to me :blink: thats...unusual :laugh: I will scan it in and post it in this thread tonight for you to read :w00t: