PDA

View Full Version : Paul Daley On Training Thai Boxing In Holland

snakerattle79
11-09-2010, 12:46 AM
http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.com/2010/11/paul-daley-on-training-thai-boxing-in-holland

You historically split your training camp between the UK & Mikes Gym in Holland, how did that relationship begin?

Well, back in the early cage rage days, I fought Joey van Wanrooij who was from Mikes Gym at the time. He put up such a good fight, we became friends at the after party and stayed in touch. I then started following a lot of Melvinís [Manhoef] fights and we became friends.

Mike wrapped my hands for a fight at the old Cage Rage and we became good mates from then, we stayed good friends and I asked if I could come over to Holland and he was like no problem. They looked after me really well, didnít charge me, and fed me, so for that past 3 or 4 years Iíve been going over there.

Whatís it like training in Holland compared to the UK?

In Holland youíre in the bottom of the food chain, there level of Thai boxing is so high, they do it in day in day out, every single day; the levels are so high, you are literally fighting to stay alive when you train over there [laughs], itís really good.

logrus
11-09-2010, 02:24 AM
Who cares about Daley, hes just a grade A scumbag.

Spiritwalker
11-09-2010, 02:51 AM

Can you imagine if he pulled that crap on a fan favorite..

logrus
11-09-2010, 05:04 AM
Can you imagine if he pulled that crap on a fan favorite..

Probably would have been banned from anything in the US and most likely wearing a brand new pair of cement shoes. :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
you think if BJ, Brock or GSP pulled that crap they would be gone from the UFC? ... i don't .... daley is still an ass, but what he did isn't any worse than what palhares did and he is still in the ufc ... for now ...

Spiritwalker
11-09-2010, 01:12 PM
you think if BJ, Brock or GSP pulled that crap they would be gone from the UFC? ... i don't .... daley is still an ass, but what he did isn't any worse than what palhares did and he is still in the ufc ... for now ...

Renato got dumped after his choke of David Heath.. Renato was pretty much a fan favorite.. and he was dumped HARD.

I don't know that GSP would do something like that.. Maybe Brock would to Mir.. Baby Jay to a few..

Rousimar Palhares?? All he did was make a claim at the WRONG time and paid for it by getting beat... claiming someone is cheating and punching someone after a round had CLEARLY ended.. and choking someone with a ref trying to beark a hold.. is totally different..

Paul Daley got what he deserved. If possible.. I think he should have been fined or worse...

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2010, 02:05 PM
i am talking about palhares holding the heel hook for too long ... renato was on his way out anyway ... BJ held the choke on Pulver and dana did nothing ... dana saw that daley had no TDD and was strictly a striker and got rid of him ...

Spiritwalker
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
i am talking about palhares holding the heel hook for too long ...

He was suspended for 90 days for that..(granted that was prolly the same legnth of time for the medical).. and "said" that he didn't feel the tap.. and if I remember correctly, he broke the hold when the ref stepped in...

renato was on his way out anyway ...

Huh?? He had JUST had a 10 fight win streak broken by Chuck and got KO'ed by Lambert.. losing 2 in a row means your on the way out???

BJ held the choke on Pulver and dana did nothing ...

I didn't see Baby Jay hold his choke on Jens any longer than some guy named Hughes did to Trigg in Hughes/Trigg 2.

dana saw that daley had no TDD and was strictly a striker and got rid of him ...

If that's the case.. the a WHOLE lot of fighters would be gone. Not the best argument there..

And holding a choke.. like Renato did was lame.. hold a choke to "get a point across... is done all the time in the BBJ world I play in... you give your partner respect..or they take it.

What Daley did was classless crap that has no place in a sporting enviroment.. same as Renato.. (though I can't not totally dislike him).. and neither should be in the top of the food chain for the sport...

There is the one guy.. (can't remember his name).. who had grabbed the cage.. and stomped the head of a guy... has a huge history of that crap.. he is back in the UFC.. I think that guy should never be licensed...

but hey.. that's just me.

hughesfan4life
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM

:laugh:could'nt put it any better myself logrus!!!!!!

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2010, 07:28 PM
He was suspended for 90 days for that..(granted that was prolly the same legnth of time for the medical).. and "said" that he didn't feel the tap.. and if I remember correctly, he broke the hold when the ref stepped in...

Huh?? He had JUST had a 10 fight win streak broken by Chuck and got KO'ed by Lambert.. losing 2 in a row means your on the way out???

I didn't see Baby Jay hold his choke on Jens any longer than some guy named Hughes did to Trigg in Hughes/Trigg 2.

If that's the case.. the a WHOLE lot of fighters would be gone. Not the best argument there..

And holding a choke.. like Renato did was lame.. hold a choke to "get a point across... is done all the time in the BBJ world I play in... you give your partner respect..or they take it.

What Daley did was classless crap that has no place in a sporting enviroment.. same as Renato.. (though I can't not totally dislike him).. and neither should be in the top of the food chain for the sport...

There is the one guy.. (can't remember his name).. who had grabbed the cage.. and stomped the head of a guy... has a huge history of that crap.. he is back in the UFC.. I think that guy should never be licensed...

but hey.. that's just me.

here is a vid of gilbert yvel ko'ing a ref, yet he is in the ufc ..... say what you want, if dana likes you and you pull crap like that, you ain't getting cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUE1KlUv92Q

Spiritwalker
11-09-2010, 07:42 PM
here is a vid of gilbert yvel ko'ing a ref, yet he is in the ufc ..... say what you want, if dana likes you and you pull crap like that, you ain't getting cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUE1KlUv92Q

Show me one time that someone in the UFC cage did something like that.. and is still in the UFC. Just one.

Gilbert Yvel is the guy I was talking about.. I coudln't remember his naem...

I agree he shoudln't have been brought back into the UFC...

but after 3 straight losses he was cut after UFC 121.

And regarding that specific incident.... During Yvel's November 2004 match with Atte Backman, at one point, the referee separated the fighters, as they were falling over the ropes in a clinched position. Yvel refused the attempts by the referee to get the fighters to resume the clinched position away from ropes, swatting the referee's hand away when he attempted to guide the fighters back together. After a number of unsuccessful attempts to restart the fight in the clinched position, Yvel suddenly punched the referee in the head, dropping him to the canvas, and then kicked him while he was down. This was Yvel's 3rd disqualification in six years. Although this ref was the manager, and trainer of the opposing fighter, leaving speculation that Gilbert was being unfairly officiated.

Doesn't mean that it was justifed.. but if the UFC wants to give someone another shot.. they can.. don't mean I have to like it.

rearnakedchoke
11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
what dana white says and what he does is two different things .. he said karo wouldn't fight in the ufc again and he re-signed him .... if dana likes you, or you have the potential to make him money, you can do whatever you want and he'll keep you around ...