PDA

View Full Version : Yemeni Terrorists attempt Chicago Synagog mail bombs

Tyburn
11-01-2010, 06:27 PM
:blink: I am surprised that noone has posted the headline news this last week about the foiled attempts to mail bomb places in Chicago??

Two different planes left Yemen in the middle east, each of them was enroute to Chicago in the United States. One of them stopped at Dubai in The United Arab Emerities, one of them stopped at East Middlands Airport in England. These were UPS mail flights, which had obviously stopped for refueling of some type.

Dubai discovered a suspect package, that was removed and distroyed when it was considered a bomb threat. East Midlands found an actual bomb (although whether is was fully assembled they arent sure) within a package addressed to a Jewish Synagog in Chicago. They also, in the same plane thought they found some kind of bomb inside a mobile phone.

Most of Northern Europe have banned incoming non passenger planes from Yemen in responce...The United States of America...seemingly hasnt done anything :blink:

Here is the major blow...the tip off about these Bombs came from a former Guantanamo Bay inmate. One wonders if this was just a dry run...or a real foiled attack.

A woman in Yemen was arrested...and then released when it was discovered her identity had been stolen as the sender.

Neezar
11-02-2010, 03:01 AM
:blink: I am surprised that noone has posted the headline news this last week about the foiled attempts to mail bomb places in Chicago??

Two different planes left Yemen in the middle east, each of them was enroute to Chicago in the United States. One of them stopped at Dubai in The United Arab Emerities, one of them stopped at East Middlands Airport in England. These were UPS mail flights, which had obviously stopped for refueling of some type.

Dubai discovered a suspect package, that was removed and distroyed when it was considered a bomb threat. East Midlands found an actual bomb (although whether is was fully assembled they arent sure) within a package addressed to a Jewish Synagog in Chicago. They also, in the same plane thought they found some kind of bomb inside a mobile phone.

Most of Northern Europe have banned incoming non passenger planes from Yemen in responce...The United States of America...seemingly hasnt done anything :blink:

Here is the major blow...the tip off about these Bombs came from a former Guantanamo Bay inmate. One wonders if this was just a dry run...or a real foiled attack.

A woman in Yemen was arrested...and then released when it was discovered her identity had been stolen as the sender.

Very interesting.

Neezar
11-02-2010, 03:19 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101102/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/mail_bombs

Though al-Qaida core is based in the lawless tribal regions of Pakistan, offshoot groups have sprung up in other countries, including Yemen and Algeria. The Yemen group is the most active affiliate and has become a leader in recruiting and propaganda, especially in the West thanks to its English-speaking, U.S.-born spokesman, Anwar al-Awlaki.

Hmmm....

Just wait until they settle down in New York.

Neezar
11-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Something smells fishy about this....

First they say how innovative they are:

"It shows that they are trying to again make different types of adaptations based on what we have put in place," said John Brennan, President Barack Obama's counterterrorism adviser. "So the underwear bomber, as well as these packages, are showing sort of new techniques on their part. They are very innovative and creative."

Then tell how stupid the plan was, lol

Activating a bomb by cell phone while a plane is in midair is unreliable because cell service is spotty or nonexistent at high altitudes. Further complicating the plot, it be would unlikely for terrorists in Yemen to know which planes the bombs had been loaded onto and when they were airborne.

:laugh:

flo
11-02-2010, 08:12 AM

That arrest was wag the dog for sure. They have to be appearing to do something...they wouldn't want the State Dept. stepping in and actually doing what's RIGHT; halting all mail/packages from Yemen, pull all visas, etc., until Sana'a comes up with proper screening that is approved - or better yet, overseen by US State Dept. or Homeland Security.

The Yemeni govt. made sure in their statement regarding the arrest to mention that the woman was accompanied by a female relative. Wouldn't want to anger the nutcase jihadis, you know.

In the meantime, I'm sure our state dept. and Big Sis at Homeland Sec. will do the usual - NOTHING. Some UK and US officials actually had the cojones to say the "system worked" which is a big frickin' joke as it was the Saudis that tipped off the Brits, who passed the intel on to us.

flo
11-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Great points in your comment#3, Denise. Pathetic, isn't it? Especially when they're fooling around with our lives.

Tyburn
11-02-2010, 12:32 PM
There is a skeptic in me who also says...isnt it interesting that the timing of these Bombs to Chicago (isnt that Obamas home town?) Happens the weekend BEFORE the Mid Terms.

What a delightful distraction for Barack :ninja:

The only reason I think its pure cooincidence is because Barack HASNT jumpped all over it, like you would expect him to if the whole thing were a rouse to avoid a mid term collapse...which...we may not consider important...but if he hopes for a second term of Office...its actually quite essential for him to get reasonable results.

I dont know...maybe thats out of order...but...I know that the US and England have had their eyes on Yemen this year, because the terrorists there are quite vocal...the packages never went off...noone seems to know if they were real bombs or not even.

flo
11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
There is a skeptic in me who also says...isnt it interesting that the timing of these Bombs to Chicago (isnt that Obamas home town?) Happens the weekend BEFORE the Mid Terms.

What a delightful distraction for Barack :ninja:

The only reason I think its pure cooincidence is because Barack HASNT jumpped all over it, like you would expect him to if the whole thing were a rouse to avoid a mid term collapse...which...we may not consider important...but if he hopes for a second term of Office...its actually quite essential for him to get reasonable results.

I dont know...maybe thats out of order...but...I know that the US and England have had their eyes on Yemen this year, because the terrorists there are quite vocal...the packages never went off...noone seems to know if they were real bombs or not even.

I agree with you, Dave that the timing is a coincidence but I also think his admin. did take advantage of it; remember that Rahm is famous for saying "Never let a crisis go to waste". IIRC, this is the first time that Big Sis, Pres. Obama, John Brennan ALL gave televised statements with pictures, color commentary, etc. They usually don't like to say much of anything about what is going on in counter-terrorism.

Not that I blame him; before an election, a pol needs to use what he can. Cynically, Rahm is right.

Tyburn
11-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I agree with you, Dave that the timing is a coincidence but I also think his admin. did take advantage of it; remember that Rahm is famous for saying "Never let a crisis go to waste". IIRC, this is the first time that Big Sis, Pres. Obama, John Brennan ALL gave televised statements with pictures, color commentary, etc. They usually don't like to say much of anything about what is going on in counter-terrorism.

Not that I blame him; before an election, a pol needs to use what he can. Cynically, Rahm is right.

Its funny how States are notorious for trying to muddy the waters like this isnt it. :ninja:

Does anyone know yet how badly Barack was defeated :huh:

I suppose its to early to tell...its only 6pm here :blink:

flo
11-02-2010, 07:58 PM
The first polls don't close for 2 hours. Our polls on the west coast close in 7 hours and Alaska is after that so it's going to be a long night.

But a fun one!!! :happydancing:

My prediction is 61 gains in the House and 6 pickups in the Senate (tie) although I'm hoping we can eke out 7 to take it.

flo
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
New Black Panthers are back at the same Philly voting location to "greet" voters.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/politics/local_politics/New_Black_Panther_Party_Spotted_At_Philadelphia_Po lling_Place_110210

Sworn testimony from Dept. of Justice employees (former and current) makes it clear that the Obama admin. will NOT pursue voter intimidation charges in cases where the historical roles are reversed so I don't expect anything to come of this. Pathetic.

Tyburn
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
what I want to know is...will he be screwed in congress after the mid terms...thats all I care to know :laugh:

I do hope the answer is yes :laugh::laugh:

I'm sorry...but after what he's done to his own people with the health reform...what he hasnt done with the rest of the world...and the shyte storm over BP...I dont want to see Barack Obama past 2012 :ninja:

Neezar
11-03-2010, 02:13 PM
what I want to know is...will he be screwed in congress after the mid terms...thats all I care to know :laugh:

I do hope the answer is yes :laugh::laugh:

I'm sorry...but after what he's done to his own people with the health reform...what he hasnt done with the rest of the world...and the shyte storm over BP...I dont want to see Barack Obama past 2012 :ninja:

Finally! We agree on something. :laugh:

Tyburn
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Finally! We agree on something. :laugh:

:laugh: statistically it was due to happen soon :laugh:

Well...:huh: did he get it in the head...or what :huh:

Neezar
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM
:laugh: statistically it was due to happen soon :laugh:

Well...:huh: did he get it in the head...or what :huh:

I know. But it is like that ugly clown that jumps out at you in the Fun House. You know it's coming but it still scares the hell outta you.