PDA

View Full Version : Christian Fighters

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 02:23 PM
You may list them in this thread, its nice to know who our Brothers in Christ are.

I start with a strange one...I always thought that Diego Sanchez was a Budhist or something like that...but I read a blog of His recently...that made me wonder...is he Christian??

In his blog thanking people for support in Londons UFC he says I feel so blessed by the Lord. :huh:

MattHughesRocks
03-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Matt Hughes :)

VCURamFan
03-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Rich Franklin

warriorlion
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
You may list them in this thread, its nice to know who our Brothers in Christ are.

I start with a strange one...I always thought that Diego Sanchez was a Budhist or something like that...but I read a blog of His recently...that made me wonder...is he Christian??

In his blog thanking people for support in Londons UFC he says I feel so blessed by the Lord. :huh:

he's catholic apparently. read something about it a while ago when he was dating ali

matt wyman(spelling)

VCURamFan
03-01-2009, 04:30 PM
he's catholic apparently. read something about it a while ago when he was dating aliI think Diego is just a conglomeration of anything spiritual. He takes yoga & meditation & Catholicism & Chi & Earth Energy & whatever else he thinks works & just rolls 'em together. I don't really know anything about his personal walk, but just guessing from what he has allowed the public to see, I'd guess not.

Krupp
03-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Melvin Guillard's supposedly Christian. Roger Huerta might be one. Those are the only two that come to mind. How ironic both are LW's.

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I know that Leonard Garcia is one...so is that Tom Egan fighter who fought in Dublin :)

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Jeremy Stephens
Randy Couture

Vizion
03-01-2009, 08:38 PM
The Nog team on Ultimate Fighter all seemed Christian to me, at least when (forget the name-the next GSP guy) prayed at the table they all had bowed heads, AND he finished "In Jesus name, amen".

Anderson Silva
GSP both cross themselves

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Spencer Fisher
Jens Pulver
Patrick Miletich

warriorlion
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
couture thanked God after one of his fights but never mentions christianity in any of the books i have read on him. not even in his own bio, becoming the natural.

not sure that he is a christian.

Maglorius
03-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I think couture is. I can't remember if it was after he beat T.S. or after he beat Gonzaga he thanked Jesus for dying on the cross and the US soldiers over seas.

Crisco
03-03-2009, 06:12 PM
couture thanked God after one of his fights but never mentions christianity in any of the books i have read on him. not even in his own bio, becoming the natural.

not sure that he is a christian.

I don't think he is born again. A lot of people tend to thank jesus and give him a shout but have no clue.

Fred
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Vitor Belfort

CAVEMAN
03-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Christian is a term that gets thrown around alot anymore. Christian means Christ-Like! You have to look at the fruit in their lives. Are they bearing Christ like fruit??????

Chris F
03-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Christian is a term that gets thrown around alot anymore. Christian means Christ-Like! You have to look at the fruit in their lives. Are they bearing Christ like fruit??????

Amen so very true. The real list is much smaller if we hold to those standards. In the Old forum we had this discussion and it got very heated and emotional.

NateR
03-03-2009, 10:28 PM

He was likely raised Catholic, most Hispanic families are. However, like the word "god", "lord" could really mean anything. I could be a generic god-image, but not refer to the true GOD of Christianity.

NateR
03-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Matt Hughes :)

Mark Hughes

Also, Matt Lindland is a Christian, even though I was kind of shocked to learn that.

Randy Couture is supposed to be a Christian, but he's not really showing the fruits of it in his life right now (married to a woman that he cheated on his first wife with).

Jonlion
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Mark Hughes

Also, Matt Lindland is a Christian, even though I was kind of shocked to learn that.

Randy Couture is supposed to be a Christian, but he's not really showing the fruits of it in his life right now (married to a woman that he cheated on his first wife with).

I would only say that we dont know everything that went on there with Randy. I think overall Randy always acts in a Christian way but i dont really know.

VCURamFan
03-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Mark Hughes

Randy Couture is supposed to be a Christian, but he's not really showing the fruits of it in his life right now (married to a woman that he cheated on his first wife with).Wrong, actually (never thought I'd be able to say that to Nate!). On Thanksgiving break his first semester in college, Randy knocked up an ex-girlfriend. He then married her. After a while, he got bored with that & cheated on his wife with Tammy, a fellow coahc at OK St. Then that started to get old, so during TUF 1, he met Kim & started cheating with her. Tammy found out & got pissed, so Randy divorced her & married Kim. So here's Randy's record:

1) Pre-marital sex
2) Extra-marital sex
3) Divorce
4) Marries mistress
5) Extra-marital sex
6) Marries mistress

NateR
03-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I would only say that we dont know everything that went on there with Randy. I think overall Randy always acts in a Christian way but i dont really know.

We know that he cheated on his wife and eventually divorced her and married the woman that he had an affair with and is unrepentant about the whole situation. What else is there to know?

Primadawn
03-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Wrong, actually (never thought I'd be able to say that to Nate!). On Thanksgiving break his first semester in college, Randy knocked up an ex-girlfriend. He then married her. After a while, he got bored with that & cheated on his wife with Tammy, a fellow coahc at OK St. Then that started to get old, so during TUF 1, he met Kim & started cheating with her. Tammy found out & got pissed, so Randy divorced her & married Kim. So here's Randy's record:

1) Pre-marital sex
2) Extra-marital sex
3) Divorce
4) Marries mistress
5) Extra-marital sex
6) Marries mistress

That's the problem with men who marry their mistresses...they create a vacancy...

Tyburn
03-04-2009, 12:23 PM
That's the problem with men who marry their mistresses...they create a vacancy...
:laugh:

Crisco
03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
We know that he cheated on his wife and eventually divorced her and married the woman that he had an affair with and is unrepentant about the whole situation. What else is there to know?

We all make mistakes. Randy may be say he is a Christian but I don't think he is really saved.

Tyburn
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
:blink: I thought everybody loved Randy Couture, I'm quite suprised that so many are questioning his Faith...I dont know enough to say...as a counter ballence...I do know that he served in the U.S Forces and therefore would have been willing to sacrifice himself for others...sure he's got some grave sin by the sound of it...but Christ also said that Greater Love hath no man then to lay down his life for a friend...whether or not he IS a christian...he does still mention GOD :mellow:

Crisco
03-04-2009, 01:44 PM
:blink: I thought everybody loved Randy Couture, I'm quite suprised that so many are questioning his Faith...I dont know enough to say...as a counter ballence...I do know that he served in the U.S Forces and therefore would have been willing to sacrifice himself for others...sure he's got some grave sin by the sound of it...but Christ also said that Greater Love hath no man then to lay down his life for a friend...whether or not he IS a christian...he does still mention GOD :mellow:

Randy spent all of his time in the army pretty much wrestling he just as well could have been in college or something.

I love Randy Couture. I'm just saying I don't think he is really saved. He may have faith but I'm guessing he just doesnt know what it is. Like Nate always says believing isn't enough. Even the Devil believes in God.

As a fighter and person outside of Christianity he is great from what I hear. He is humble.

Infact he may well be a decent Christian if it wasn't for him screwing around on just about 2/3 of the wives he's had.

Neezar
03-04-2009, 02:32 PM
:blink: I thought everybody loved Randy Couture, I'm quite suprised that so many are questioning his Faith...

Surprised? :mellow: Even though it happened the last time that you started this thread? Wow. History really does repeat itself. I think instead of discussing whether fighters are Christian or not, we should discuss which forum members are Christians. Or maybe whether catholics are true Christians or not. Chances are that is where this will eventually lead.

Woohoo! Fun times ahead! :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Maybe he wasn't a Christian then but is now? Not all of us were born and raised that way :wink:

MattHughesRocks
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Surprised? :mellow: Even though it happened the last time that you started this thread? Wow. History really does repeat itself. I think instead of discussing whether fighters are Christian or not, we should discuss which forum members are Christians. Or maybe whether catholics are true Christians or not. Chances are that is where this will eventually lead.

Chuck
03-04-2009, 02:41 PM

You know a real Christian wouldn't post something like that.... :Whistle:

:D

Crisco
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
You know a real Christian wouldn't post something like that.... :Whistle:

:D

Zing! :tongue0011:

I was watching big love the other night and this baptist minister comes up to the family and basically shreds them to pieces.

Then thel ittle girl says wow he was scary and the mother says yes honey all baptists are.

I lol'd really hard and no one else knew why but all I could do was think of Nate hehe.

Chuck
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM

How would you know that?? :unsure-1:

Chuck
03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Wrong, actually (never thought I'd be able to say that to Nate!). On Thanksgiving break his first semester in college, Randy knocked up an ex-girlfriend. He then married her. After a while, he got bored with that & cheated on his wife with Tammy, a fellow coahc at OK St. Then that started to get old, so during TUF 1, he met Kim & started cheating with her. Tammy found out & got pissed, so Randy divorced her & married Kim. So here's Randy's record:

1) Pre-marital sex
2) Extra-marital sex
3) Divorce
4) Marries mistress
5) Extra-marital sex
6) Marries mistress

What's the point? And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way Ben.. I'm just saying I don't get the point of your post.

Are you just listing the order of his discretions or is there a bigger implication?

CAVEMAN
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
As finite humans, we do not know a persons heart. Only GOD can see that. However, Jesus did say by their fruits you will know them. All of us struggle with sin, even true christians can struggle with it for a season. But if you truly are saved, the LORD will deal with you. Sometimes the LORD will even take you home!

Adrian Rogers had an analogy in one of his messages about this. He said it would be like a parent taking a child to a birthday party. And while at the party, the child gets into all kinds of trouble by being mean to other kids, destroying the birthday cake, unwrapping the presents, etc. Of course the parent warned the child several times during all of this and even spanked the child a few times. Despite this, the child kept misbehaving. Finally the parent is so embaressed, the parent tells the child, "Come on, I'm taking you home! Your not going to stay around here and ruin my good name!"

GOD said I am holy, therefore you be holy! There is a world full of unbelievers watching.

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 05:32 PM

Actually he is born again Christian... He's not buddhist, nor Catholic...

Tyburn
03-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Finally the parent is so embaressed, the parent tells the child, "Come on, I'm taking you home! Your not going to stay around here and ruin my good name!"

Thats EXACTLY what GOD confirms is the reason behind his reconciliation with the Jews, People assume that he will cleanse then because he loves them, but thats untrue, he chose them because he loves them, but now he's chosen them he's stuck with them because the whole world knows who they represent. He redeems the Jews to save his name from being eternally spoilt by their bad behaviour for that would lead his name to be a laughing stock amoung the heathern and unbelievers....I cant remember which prophetic book he goes on about this in...It goes on for pages, He's really upset and really embarrised about the situation, He cant understand why they dont just do what he says and stop making him look bad...and he gets a bit angry that they take him forgranted :mellow:

Tyburn
03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Actually he is born again Christian... He's not buddhist, nor Catholic...
:) thats why I asked. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-05-2009, 05:49 PM
:) thats why I asked. :laugh: Well its good 2 ask cause now ya know :wink:

County Mike
03-05-2009, 05:55 PM
http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Tyburn
03-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Well its good 2 ask cause now ya know :wink:
:w00t: yes, now you have educated me :laugh:

Jonlion
03-09-2009, 12:48 AM

Well how far do you hold him it against him, yes he has committed a sin but how do we know that in every other action he is desperatly trying to live in a good Christian way?

I am not saying what he has done is correct but that doesnt stain him a christian person for his entire life.

From what i recall as well, i know Matt in his book says that afterwards he had judged Randy without knowing the full facts and felt he should have been there more as a friend.

All i am saying is that we dont know what was happening in that marriage and what problems were there and how much Randy agonised over some of his actions. Furthermore, do we know for certain he had sex with her?

I only plead caution because i believe you more than anyone knows how people judge Matt Hughes without knowing the real him and the real story behind it. I would dare to say the same about Randy and yourself before judging him.

The point being, perhaps there is more to know......................?

Maglorius
03-10-2009, 04:51 PM
I am always looking for Christ in someones life, ie singers, actors, fighters and when I hear them thank Jesus or hear them sing about him I am always wondering, are they real believers. I am not in their personal circle so I cannot say for sure but Caveman hit the nail on the head. That we will see fruit by how they live their lives. If someone claims to be a Christian but is living in a sinful way and is unrepentant, than there is a good chance they are not truly reborn. We can't assume all are sheep. Now it is different to be struggling with sin:punch: than to be living in a sinful manner and unrepentant about it. I just hope that with these guys in the position they are in and the influence they have on people that they are true Christ followers and can use the gift God gave them to glorify and honour him.

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I am always looking for Christ in someones life, ie singers, actors, fighters and when I hear them thank Jesus or hear them sing about him I am always wondering, are they real believers. I am not in their personal circle so I cannot say for sure but Caveman hit the nail on the head. That we will see fruit by how they live their lives. If someone claims to be a Christian but is living in a sinful way and is unrepentant, than there is a good chance they are not truly reborn. We can't assume all are sheep. Now it is different to be struggling with sin:punch: than to be living in a sinful manner and unrepentant about it. I just hope that with these guys in the position they are in and the influence they have on people that they are true Christ followers and can use the gift God gave them to glorify and honour him.

Well, there really is no way to know if someone is truly repentant or not. I know Christians who sin, say they are repentant, and turn right around and do it again. They seem awful non-chalant (sp?) about it and just seem to have the stance, "We are all sinners. No one is without sin. We can't live without sinning. It's gonna happen. If you are saved then you just ask forgiveness and move on." They act like it is no big deal. :unsure-1: I don't understand this way of thinking.

IMO, you can only name who claims to be a Christian. There is no way to know another man's heart.

Chuck
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Which brings us again to the question:

How do WE know which sin is unrepentant or not?

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 05:03 PM
What makes someone a real believer? To walk a perfect path like Christ? I guess in a sinner then, because I am no where near perfect nor do I claim to be. I thank Christ and pray to him to give me the strength to get through my days and nights and I am being REAL....Maybe before casting others out and sounding pessimistic you outta be on your knees asking Christ to help you to be more tolerant and less judgemental towards others....

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:05 PM
What makes someone a real believer? To walk a perfect path like Christ? I guess in a sinner then, because I am no where near perfect nor do I claim to be. I thank Christ and pray to him to give me the strength to get through my days and nights and I am being REAL....Maybe before casting others out and sounding pessimistic you outta be on your knees asking Christ to help you to be more tolerant and less judgemental towards others....

I didn't get the feel that he was doing that at all. :unsure-1:

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Which brings us again to the question:

How do WE know which sin is unrepentant or not?

Pinch, poke....:laugh:

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I didn't get the feel that he was doing that at all. :unsure-1:
I did..Im not trying to offend anyone or they're feelings, but why should one try to decipher who is real or not? Honestly now. No matter if it was presented in a nice caring way its the message and basically it sounds judgemental in my lil world...

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:17 PM
I am always looking for Christ in someones life,(sounds good, we all want people to be saved) ie singers, actors, fighters and when I hear them thank Jesus or hear them sing about him I am always wondering, are they real believers. I am not in their personal circle so I cannot say for sure (okay, I don't see any casting out here, he can't be sure because he doesn't know them) but Caveman hit the nail on the head. That we will see fruit by how they live their lives. If someone claims to be a Christian but is living in a sinful way and is unrepentant, than there is a good chance they are not truly reborn. (That sounds familiar. I believe the Bible tells us this.) We can't assume all are sheep. (of course not, we all know where 'assuming' will get you.) Now it is different to be struggling with sin:punch: than to be living in a sinful manner and unrepentant about it.( sounds very fair, sounds like he would give them the benefit of the doubt - he recognizes that even good Christians can struggle with sin and that in itself doesn't mean they aren't a good Christian) I just hope that with these guys in the position they are in and the influence they have on people that they are true Christ followers and can use the gift God gave them to glorify and honour him.

Sounds pretty optimistic and gracious to me.

I am not trying to argue. Everyone percieves things differently. I was just surprised.

Chuck
03-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Sounds like a pretty optimistic person to me.... I agree with Denise.. I think you may have taken this post the wrong way.

Originally Posted by Melissa Villaseņor
What makes someone a real believer? To walk a perfect path like Christ? I guess in a sinner then, because I am no where near perfect nor do I claim to be. I thank Christ and pray to him to give me the strength to get through my days and nights and I am being REAL....Maybe before casting others out and sounding pessimistic you outta be on your knees asking Christ to help you to be more tolerant and less judgmental towards others....

More tolerant and less judgmental? Kinda like your post??? :blink:

Chuck
03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Sounds pretty optimistic and gracious to me.

I am not trying to argue. Everyone percieves things differently. I was just surprised.

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's twice!!! What thread are you posting in next???
:happy0198:

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:23 PM
I did..Im not trying to offend anyone or they're feelings, but why should one try to decipher who is real or not? Honestly now. No matter if it was presented in a nice caring way its the message and basically it sounds judgemental in my lil world...

:w00t: I agree! Dave started a thread like this on the old forums and we fought (pretty aggressively) about it. I was very hot about it. You see, Dave, went off on a horrid tangent when someone on here claimed that another member wasn't a true Christian. He literally went ape shyte. Well, when he started this thread I felt it was basically the same principal. He was inviting people to point out and decide/judge someone's Christianity! Then it was my turn to go ape shyte. lol. If you go back and read my earlier post you will see my reference to this old war wound.

However, I still maintain that I don't think Mag was being pessimistic or casting anyone out. :)

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's twice!!! What thread are you posting in next???
:happy0198:

I'll follow you this time. :laugh:

Tyburn
03-10-2009, 05:27 PM
:w00t: I agree! Dave started a thread like this on the old forums and we fought (pretty aggressively) about it. I was very hot about it. You see, Dave, went off on a horrid tangent when someone on here claimed that another member wasn't a true Christian. He literally went ape shyte. Well, when he started this thread I felt it was basically the same principal. He was inviting people to point out and decide/judge someone's Christianity! Then it was my turn to go ape shyte. lol. If you go back and read my earlier post you will see my reference to this old war wound.
However, I still maintain that I don't think Mag was being pessimistic or casting anyone out. :)

No I think that thread was about representing Christ and ministering in a heathern environment. For example, wearing a Christian Apparel in a Club *gasps in faux horror*

:ninja:

Neezar
03-10-2009, 05:27 PM

I have gotten myself all pissed off again! Dave! Where the hell are you? :angry:

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 05:48 PM

lol War Wound thats a good one!! haha.. :)

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a pretty optimistic person to me.... I agree with Denise.. I think you may have taken this post the wrong way.

More tolerant and less judgmental? Kinda like your post??? :blink: Good thing I don't post often on religion huh.. I would really have ya'll mad.. :w00t:

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
No I think that thread was about representing Christ and ministering in a heathern environment. For example, wearing a Christian Apparel in a Club *gasps in faux horror*

:ninja:

What's "Christian apparel"??

County Mike
03-10-2009, 06:11 PM
What's "Christian apparel"??

"Jesus Didn't Tap" T-shirts?

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 06:15 PM

He did verbally submit, right?

County Mike
03-10-2009, 06:23 PM

No. He only questioned "Why?".

Chuck
03-10-2009, 06:27 PM

yes He did.

warriorlion
03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah there was that whole, into your hands i commit my spirit

County Mike
03-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, he didn't tap to the people. That would have been something like refuting his claim as the son of God or whatever. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

rearnakedchoke
03-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Nope .. He fulfilled the scriptures ...

Chuck
03-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Nope .. He fulfilled the scriptures ...

by submitting to the Fathers will :wink:

rearnakedchoke
03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
by submitting to the Fathers will :wink:
so he didn't verbally submit to the people, but to God ...

When people wear "Jesus Didn't Tap" they are talking about to the people that whipped him and made him bear the cross ... in the end, He is God and could have stopped it from happening, but He didn't as He was fulfilling the scriptures .. Well, that is my take on it, I will probably get corrected by someone (Nate)

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Mark Hughes

Randy Couture is supposed to be a Christian, but he's not really showing the fruits of it in his life right now (married to a woman that he cheated on his first wife with). Sounds like my ex-husband!! Same story and they have they're nerve all of em! Wait im judging again my bad... But you get it =)

Tyburn
03-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I have gotten myself all pissed off again! Dave! Where the hell are you? :angry:
here I am :frantics:

Tyburn
03-10-2009, 10:16 PM
or Army of the One for example :)

Tyburn
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Not exactly.

He had doubt and hesitation in the Garden of Gethsemene during his Passion...but it wasnt submission...it was more like aggreeing to a particular "Game plan" So if you want to say he submitted to the will of his "Corner" then yes...doesnt every fighter?

He did not submit to the Devil. Far from it. The Devil was hoping I am sure that Christ would save himself for that would be to lose "heart" and give up the victory of claiming back his People.

Death was not the Final Bell...it was simply the end of the Second round

The Devil was winning on Points in the eyes of the Judges perhaps...but during the Third...Lucifer got KTFO. The price was paid...Satan lost the bet and sealed his own fate with his pride and arrogance and ego. Perhaps the ultimate playing possum from Jesus....and naturally winning the fight two rounds thus far, I'm sure Lucifer felt confident that the Cross would change Christs mind.

It didnt. Christ followed the insturctions of his Corner even in a difficult situation :)

So...No Jesus didnt tap. :)

rearnakedchoke
03-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Not exactly.

He had doubt and hesitation in the Garden of Gethsemene during his Passion...but it wasnt submission...it was more like aggreeing to a particular "Game plan" So if you want to say he submitted to the will of his "Corner" then yes...doesnt every fighter?

He did not submit to the Devil. Far from it. The Devil was hoping I am sure that Christ would save himself for that would be to lose "heart" and give up the victory of claiming back his People.

The Devil was winning on Points in the eyes of the Judges perhaps...but during the Third...Lucifer got KTFO. The price was paid...Satan lost the bet and sealed his own fate with his pride and arrogance and ego. Perhaps the ultimate playing possum from Jesus....and naturally winning the fight two rounds thus far, I'm sure Lucifer felt confident that the Cross would change Christs mind.

It didnt. Christ followed the insturctions of his Corner even in a difficult situation :)

Right, and Jesus knew he was in for a battle when he said Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me, yet not as I will, but as You will

Neezar
03-11-2009, 02:57 AM
Not exactly.

What an analogy.

Tyburn
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM

What an analogy.

Sometimes I suprise myself :ashamed:

Llamafighter
03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Not exactly.

I'm talking about when he was on the cross. didn't He say "it is done and "gave up his spirit"?

Tyburn
03-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm talking about when he was on the cross. didn't He say "it is done and "gave up his spirit"?
He said "into your hands I commend my Spirit"

But he wasnt fighting against the being he said that to. And his physical death was not the end of the match.

So he submitted to the will of his corner and camp, of course...but not to his opponent. :)

Lucifer was betting on Christ saving himself. Lucifer didnt think Christ would have the heart to actually go through with his own death at the hands of his own creation. Lucifer was betting that he wouldnt have the stamina nor strength to go all the way to death. At some point, Christ would have quit, would have steped down from the cross and spared himself.

Doing that would have cost him his whole creation. It would all have gone to Satan, pinkslips style. Satan would have claim to all creation through the Law...because noones perfection could have saved them.

In order for Christ to tap out, he'd have had to stop the trail, stop the passion, stop the torture, and stop the crucifixition, all of which he could do, and could have done at any point in time during. But once he had died...then the tables were turned. The sacrifice was like the point at which a fighter gets hurt and the other suddenly pounces.

Some scholars, and myself, believe that Christ not only died, but that the human part of Christ which was capable of sin, capable of temptation, and acted as the Human side of the bridge, actually went to Hell, the very act would have obliterated such a place. For if Hell is a place without GOD...were GOD to enter it...where would the Devil hide? where could he go but into the presence.

it was that desolate day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday where, in chronology, the decisive war was won.

Llamafighter
03-11-2009, 07:26 PM
In order for Christ to tap out, he'd have had to stop the trail, stop the passion, stop the torture, and stop the crucifixition, all of which he could do, and could have done at any point in time during. But once he had died...then the tables were turned. The sacrifice was like the point at which a fighter gets hurt and the other suddenly pounces.

The passion, the torture and crucifixtion affected his conscious, human being. when he spoke those words and gave up his spirit he ended his worldly suffering. He didn't submit to his opponent (fighters don't in the cage) they submit to the ref. Who was the ref in this situation? I don't have to tell you that. Who was Christ talking to?

Tyburn
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
The passion, the torture and crucifixtion affected his conscious, human being. when he spoke those words and gave up his spirit he ended his worldly suffering. He didn't submit to his opponent (fighters don't in the cage) they submit to the ref. Who was the ref in this situation? I don't have to tell you that. Who was Christ talking to?
GOD and Christ are the same person. When Hughes fights...is he also the Ref?

The Bout isnt ended with a physical death. This is a spiritual war. You can die and still be fighting for one or other side. Its simply a different round, the action continues.

What Christ did was more like pick up his opponent, walk to his corner, slam him and then ask "what do you want me to do now...finish him? OKAY I'll do that then"

You got to know that GOD cant be the Ref...he's biased. Would you let Patrick Miletich Ref a Title Fight for Hughes against GSP?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Crisco
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
5) You know your addicted to MMA... when your discussing whether Jesus Christ did or did not tap out.

Tyburn
03-11-2009, 09:02 PM
5) You know your addicted to MMA... when your discussing whether Jesus Christ did or did not tap out.
:laugh: :ashamed:

Moose
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Jesus "hung" in there til the job was done.

Tyburn
03-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Jesus "hung" in there til the job was done.
:blink: *cringe* :laugh:

Llamafighter
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM
GOD and Christ are the same person. When Hughes fights...is he also the Ref?

The Bout isnt ended with a physical death. This is a spiritual war. You can die and still be fighting for one or other side. Its simply a different round, the action continues.

What Christ did was more like pick up his opponent, walk to his corner, slam him and then ask "what do you want me to do now...finish him? OKAY I'll do that then"

You got to know that GOD cant be the Ref...he's biased. Would you let Patrick Miletich Ref a Title Fight for Hughes against GSP?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I still think He submitted His mortal form losing the mortal battle (physic=ally dying) in order to win the Immortal war.
I understand your points, however.
:wink: