PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs Margarito

J.B.
10-12-2010, 08:22 PM
http://squaredoctagon.com/index.php?page=61

Pacquiao vs Margarito, the countdown begins

10/12/10 - by JB

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bMlfuwohkIs/TJCcFxojLcI/AAAAAAAAAdQ/N5oWEijBWdI/s1600/Pacquiao+vs+Margarito+Official+Banner+-+Horizontal.jpg

Boxing has had one hell of a year in 2010.

When the year started, the enitre boxing world was consumed in debate over the prospect of seeing the sport's number one and number two pound for pound fighters squaring off. However, the long awaited battle between Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0) and Manny Pacquiao (51-3), never came to fruition. Both sides seemed to be trying to get the other to budge on one thing or another, and like so many great fights in the past, the fans are stuck playing the waiting game. I could break down the details about random blood testing and ten million dollar penalties for being overweight, but I am as tired of that stuff as the rest of you.

After that mess, in March we saw Pacquiao move on to face the durable welterweight, Joshua Clottey, in the first boxing match at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington Texas. The fight was a very one-sided affair with Pacquiao throwing over 1,200 punches, while only landing on 399 of them. Clottey seemed content to play it safe and go into a shell defense, unable to really mount anything against the fiery Filipino.

Mayweather eventually moved on too, and he set up a May 1st bout with Shane Mosley, a fight that boxing fans had been pondering for over a decade, but weight divisions and pay-per-view draws always seemed to keep the two away from each other. The fight was a huge success, and Mayweather won a rather convinving unanamous decision over the 38 year old Mosley, despite being severly rocked in the second round.

After the Mayweather/Mosley match, the most logical next step was to head back to the negotiating table and work towards making the super-fight with Pacquiao and Mayweather happen this Fall. Ahh, but this is the sport of boxing my friends...we couldn't just make things simple, could we? Again, I am not interested in boring you with a bunch of he said/she said garbage. That's for all the "real" journalists/sportswriters. People who have followed the story know most of those details, and if any of my readers would like my comment or opinion on one quote or another, shoot me an email and I will reply. The bottom line here is, the fight isn't going to happen in 2010. Although, in round two of the negotiations it had seemed as if we were very close to it being a done deal (I know, it was like that in round one too), when Mayweather seemed to completely back away from knowledge or involvement in any negotiations at all. It was strange, and certainly did seem like an odd move for Mayweather. Rumors as to why have been vast, but the general consensus has been that Floyd did not want to fight again in 2010, be it for tax purposes or otherwise. We also know that since then, Floyd has ran into some public relations and legal troubles of his own.

So then, after becoming a Congressmen in the Philippines, Pacquiao declared that he still wanted to fight again this year to stay fresh, and to show that he could handle both professions. With Mayweather obviously playing hard to get, Pac-Man's promoter Bob Arum decided to move forward with a match against the much bigger, but highly controversial, Antonio Margarito (45-6).

In January 2009, Margarito was at the center of a controversy involving illegal knuckle pads inserted into his hand wraps that were discovered in the dressing room just before his TKO loss to Shane Mosley. The California State Athletic Commission subsequently suspended Margarito and his trainer, Javier Capetillo, for one year. Since then, there has been a massive amount of negativity directed at Margarito, labeling him a cheater and calling for him to be banned from the sport. Although the year has since passed, California has still denied Margarito a fighting license, and even though most states typically uphold the findings of commissions in other states, Margarito was cleared to fight in August by the Texas State Athletic Commission. This, naturally opened the door for Arum to call Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, and get the gears spinning towards a second fight this year at the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. The date was set for November 13, the contracts were signed, and now we are just over one month away from another great matchup in 2010.

Here is footage from the Press Conference for Pacquiao vs Margarito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NltgHZ9_HzU

This is what I posted my latest blog about, and since it's just over a month away I figured we could use another thread on this fight. :laugh:

rockdawg21
10-19-2010, 03:18 AM
Already got my tickets and hotel room reserved, WOOHOO!!

==============================================

HBO has released the 24/7 schedule starting this Saturday, October 23 @ 10:30 PM ET/PT.

I don't get HBO so I'll check them on YouTube. Once I find the eps, I'll post the links on this thread.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=31959
Episode #1: Series Premiere.

Debut: SATURDAY, OCT. 23 (10:30-11:00 p.m. ET/PT)

Other HBO playdates: Oct. 23 (midnight), 24 (8:00 a.m.), 25 (7:30 p.m., 12:15 a.m.), 26 (12:30 a.m.), 27 (noon), 28 (4:00 p.m.), 29 (9:30 p.m., 2:45 a.m.) and 30 (11:00 a.m.)

HBO2 playdates: Oct. 24 (12:10 a.m.) and 26 (8:30 p.m.)

HBO On Demand availability begins: Nov. 1

Following the press tour announcing the fight, Manny Pacquiao (51-3-2, 38 KOs), the newly elected congressman from the Philippines, opens camp in Baguio City, Philippines, while the recently reinstated Antonio Margarito (38-6, 27 KOs) opens camp in Oxnard, Cal.

Episodes two and three of 24/7 PACQUIAO/MARGARITO debut on subsequent Saturdays – Oct. 30 (10:00-10:30 p.m.) and Nov. 6 (10:45-11:15 p.m.) – while the finale debuts Friday, Nov. 12 (9:30-10:00 p.m.), the night before the fight. All four episodes will have multiple replay dates on HBO and will be available on HBO On Demand.

The executive producers of 24/7 PACQUIAO/MARGARITO are Ross Greenburg and Rick Bernstein; senior producer, Dave Harmon; producers, Jonathan Crystal and Abtin Motia; writer, Aaron Cohen. Liev Schreiber narrates.

J.B.
10-19-2010, 03:35 AM
That's awesome man, it's gonna be a great fight. :)

rockdawg21
10-19-2010, 03:41 AM
Yeah, I'm mad excited. Just hope Pac is taking Margarito seriously. He may have been a cheater, but he always had an iron jaw. Regardless, I think Pac will be ready.

I'm excited to get there early for all of the festivities! I'll definitely be snapping tons of photos.

J.B.
10-19-2010, 04:14 AM
I don't see how Antonio Margarito will be able to handle the volume that Manny throws. Margarito has never been the type of fighter it takes to beat Pac. He doesn't fight from the outside with the jab, and he's not slick like Floyd.

I think Manny will just come in...set his feet...let off 3-5 punches...step back and adjust....then repeat...

Long night for Margarito IMO.

Then, who knows...maybe Floyd will get his personal situations sorted out so we can finally see this fight we have all been waiting for next Spring, or maybe Floyd goes to jail and Manny ends up fighting JC Chavez Jr. in a giant spectacle in Manila or Mexico City before riding off into the Pinoy sunset alone on top of the Boxing world...:laugh: at least that's the word on the street...lol

rockdawg21
10-19-2010, 04:22 AM
Yeah, that's the thing I'm thinking as well. Margarito is tough and durable, but he's all straight forward. Manny should be too slick for him as long as he's working on his speed and Roach said he's getting there now and will peak at fight time. I see this being like Pac fighting DLH where speed kills.

As for Floyd, he's taking ducking Pac to a whole new level with the Ustream rant and beating up his ex. I mean, it was pretty bad when he was talking the steroid crap and Roger making up "a-side meth". But it became really obvious how badly whe wanted to avoid Pac when he beat up his ex and threatened his own children. :laugh: Don't get your panties in a bunch JB, I'm joking here! :tongue0011:

If Pac wants to ride out on top, it'd be hard to argue against being one of the top 3 P4P of all-time if he would fight and defeat Paul Williams. That would be incredible! Can't say I'd blame him for avoiding that one though, Williams is a f'ing best.

J.B.
10-19-2010, 08:32 PM
Yeah, that's the thing I'm thinking as well. Margarito is tough and durable, but he's all straight forward. Manny should be too slick for him as long as he's working on his speed and Roach said he's getting there now and will peak at fight time. I see this being like Pac fighting DLH where speed kills.

As for Floyd, he's taking ducking Pac to a whole new level with the Ustream rant and beating up his ex. I mean, it was pretty bad when he was talking the steroid crap and Roger making up "a-side meth". But it became really obvious how badly whe wanted to avoid Pac when he beat up his ex and threatened his own children. :laugh: Don't get your panties in a bunch JB, I'm joking here! :tongue0011:

If Pac wants to ride out on top, it'd be hard to argue against being one of the top 3 P4P of all-time if he would fight and defeat Paul Williams. That would be incredible! Can't say I'd blame him for avoiding that one though, Williams is a f'ing best.

:laugh:

This is my 6,000 post, and I was trying to think of something good to use it on. So naturally when I read this I had to bite...:)

The Mayweather stuff, I could care less about. I've been up and down that road with numerous people, and I know how a lot of people feel about him. The truth is, people have always overly criticized Floyd's Boxing career since the De La Hoya fight and my thing has always been about seeing the whole picture for what it is and comparing it to history. Once people honestly sit back and do that, they see Floyd ain't much different from anybody else. As for Floyd "the person", he's obviously an imperfect one, but I also don't think he is the monster that writers like Rick Rockwell would have us believe. Also, speaking of writers, I'm going to give Michael Marley some brownie points this week for some comments he made this week on BTR about Arum being full of hot-air. Marley has written some hit pieces about Floyd and others that I never liked, but he does know the sport and from time to time he does break some good information.

Now, on to the real meat and potatoes of my response...

Top 3 P4P of All-Time if Pac beats Margarito and Williams? I can't agree with that.

Williams is a hell of a fighter, but he will always be criticized for exploiting smaller guys his entire career. The only guy in recent memory that was even as tall as Williams was Andy Kolle, but Williams has dwarfed basically every other opponent. Mayweather fought Marquez at 147 and everybody threw a hissy fit, but Marquez is 5'7 and Floyd is 5'9... WTF is a 6'1/82" reach Paul Williams doing fighting a 5'7/69" reach Verno Phillips?

Anyway, Pac is an All-Time-Great, but he and Mayweather still need to fight to answer some questions about this era, and even then it's hard for me to see either of them truly cracking the top 25 on a lot of lists. There are arguments that can be made for both men to put them inside the top 15, but no way either guy is top 5 in my opinion.

And that my friend is post 6,000...now it's time to blow this pop-stand and go pick up my copy of EA MMA :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
10-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Margarito via plaster of paris

J.B.
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Margarito via plaster of paris

Pacquiao via Plaster of Pinoy

rockdawg21
10-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Can't find this on YouTube yet, but there is a VOB file available on MegaUpload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYXNRULM
Password: sweetboxing

Typical video programs like RealPlayer and Windows Media Player don't play VOB files, so you might want to download the VLC Media Player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

J.B.
10-24-2010, 06:57 AM
thanks rock! u da man :cool:

rockdawg21
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Pac/Marg 24/7 Ep 2:

1/2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iONf95qHB04
2/2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXTKcixAiw

rockdawg21
11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Pacquiao will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live tonight (11/1/10).

JavierDLC
11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
I use to not care about Margarito but Im kind of liking him now:) He seems like a cool dude :) and very humble.

Is it jut me or is all the winning and bitching from the Pacquiao camp starting to be annoying?

rockdawg21
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Pac should be taking Margarito seriously. Plaster of Paris or not, Margarito is a dangerous opponent and if Pac isn't taking him seriously, he could lose. I completely understand the concern from Pac's camp. I still think Pac will take him, but there's no reason to tkae Margarito lightly.

I'm tired of the whining from Margarito about the plaster of Paris in his hand wraps. As if he didn't have a clue. I agree with Pac when he said, does he think we're stupid?

JavierDLC
11-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Pac should be taking Margarito seriously. Plaster of Paris or not, Margarito is a dangerous opponent and if Pac isn't taking him seriously, he could lose. I completely understand the concern from Pac's camp. I still think Pac will take him, but there's no reason to tkae Margarito lightly.

I'm tired of the whining from Margarito about the plaster of Paris in his hand wraps. As if he didn't have a clue. I agree with Pac when he said, does he think we're stupid?

Didn't you think it was funny when Margarito was getting hes hands wrapped and then out of nowhere he pulls out like a 12" x 12" piece of concrete and puts it on hes hand so they could wrap it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Pac will beat him in a decision. (It would be nice for Margarito to KO him though :ashamed: )

I also think its okay for Pac's camp to worry about him not giving hes 100% anymore and him just thinking about hes Congress. But its annoying to here them moan about it after every sentence they speak!

rockdawg21
11-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Didn't you think it was funny when Margarito was getting hes hands wrapped and then out of nowhere he pulls out like a 12" x 12" piece of concrete and puts it on hes hand so they could wrap it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think Pac will beat him in a decision. (It would be nice for Margarito to KO him though :ashamed: )

I also think its okay for Pac's camp to worry about him not giving hes 100% anymore and him just thinking about hes Congress. But its annoying to here them moan about it after every sentence they speak!
LOL, he better not, Roach might call off the fight. You can be sure Roach is going to be VERY serious about it. I'd laugh a lot though! :laugh:

Well, I can't say I blame his camp. It's a bit annoying, but at the same time, let's say you're working in a kitchen and you're unable to cook because one of the dishwashers isn't doing his part to help the team. Pac's being that guy right now.

It's a tough spot for everybody involved, but if the dishwasher wasn't washing dishes so I could have clean pots/pans, I'd be bitching all the time too.

JavierDLC
11-02-2010, 03:55 AM
LOL, he better not, Roach might call off the fight. You can be sure Roach is going to be VERY serious about it. I'd laugh a lot though! :laugh:

Well, I can't say I blame his camp. It's a bit annoying, but at the same time, let's say you're working in a kitchen and you're unable to cook because one of the dishwashers isn't doing his part to help the team. Pac's being that guy right now.

It's a tough spot for everybody involved, but if the dishwasher wasn't washing dishes so I could have clean pots/pans, I'd be bitching all the time too.

LOL HERE I FOUND THE LINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXTKcixAiw

CHECK OUT THE 1:50 MINUTE MARK :happydancing::happydancing::happydancing: :happydancing:

rockdawg21
11-02-2010, 04:06 AM
LOL HERE I FOUND THE LINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeXTKcixAiw

CHECK OUT THE 1:50 MINUTE MARK :happydancing::happydancing::happydancing: :happydancing:
LOL, can't believe I missed that! I was driving while listening to it though so I wasn't able to watch any of it, just listening.

rockdawg21
11-06-2010, 04:29 AM
Pac will be featured on 60 Minutes this Sunday:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/04/60minutes/main7022083.shtml

rockdawg21
11-10-2010, 02:35 AM
24/7 Episode 3:

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLVgSq0H7vM
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eiM2cDRZ1c

rockdawg21
11-10-2010, 06:46 PM
As if I didn't already think Margarito was a big enough piece of **** for fighting with loaded gloves, now he's mocking Freddie Roach's Parkinson's Disease? What a ****ing piece of ****! I hope Pac hits Margarito so hard that he suffers from Parkinson's later in life as well. **** Brandon Rios too.

Karma is coming for both of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPNkNHo7OwM&feature=player_embedded#!

Buc Nasty
11-10-2010, 07:05 PM
As if I didn't already think Margarito was a big enough piece of **** for fighting with loaded gloves, now he's mocking Freddie Roach's Parkinson's Disease? What a ****ing piece of ****! I hope Pac hits Margarito so hard that he suffers from Parkinson's later in life as well. **** Brandon Rios too.

Karma is coming for both of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPNkNHo7OwM&feature=player_embedded#!

Seconded. If he somehow comes out of Saturday night with a win I hope he gets fed to Floyd. f:censored:ing piece of s:censored: and Rios is a c:censored: too.

Apologies for the anger!

Llamafighter
11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
They both showed their true colors. I hope Manny beats Plasterito into a living death.

rearnakedchoke
11-10-2010, 08:03 PM
what a couple of douchebags ... LOL ... margarito gonna get a whoppin ... pac should wear an "I support SB 1070" shirt to the ring .... and after he wins .. celebrate with a burrito and corona ...

J.B.
11-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't always like to be bold in predictions, because that's usually when the unthinkable happens...

but... I think Tony is gonna get whooped so bad at Cowboys Stadium, people are gonna think Wade Phillips is his corner-man.

rockdawg21
11-11-2010, 12:40 AM
LOL, I love this photo!

http://www.myboxingfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/DSC_0512-500x433.jpg

JavierDLC
11-11-2010, 05:00 AM
I don't always like to be bold in predictions, because that's usually when the unthinkable happens...

but... I think Tony is gonna get whooped so bad at Cowboys Stadium, people are gonna think Wade Phillips is his corner-man.

LOL!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rockdawg21
11-11-2010, 11:45 AM

LOL, I overlooked your statement. Yes, I agree. He decided to make this personal and you can be sure Pac will go for the kill. Say goodnight early for Margarito.

J.B.
11-11-2010, 11:18 PM
I don't wanna come off as sounding rude, because that's not my intentions...however, seeing as how the comments from Marg and Rios got so much attention, and they subsequently apologized, I just figured it should be said... Freddie Roach kinda had that coming to him.

Roach is a great trainer, and I have praised him numerous times for his talents and accomplishments, but the truth is that Freddie talks a lot of s**t.

Granted, he is justified in trashing Marg for the wraps, but we have been there, done that. You can't have Manny sit there and say we need to give him a second chance, then also tear him apart every time the media asks about the wraps. I get it though, it's all part of the hype and Marg makes for a good "bad-guy" in this fight, but this is still what happens when you keep running your mouth about people. They start talking s**t right back. Hell, I've personally been a part of, and watched it happen right here on this forum, it's no different.

It was definitely in poor taste to make jokes about a condition that anybody in this sport could end up with, but thats hardly the reason I will be cheering for Manny on Saturday. Bottom line, Antonio got caught doing something that is about as dirty as you can get in this sport. I personally put people who cheat with loaded gloves lower than I put guys who use PED's (I am also not saying Manny uses PED's, just making a comparison).

rockdawg21
11-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Margarito and Rios both publicly apologized. Garcia was able to talk to Roach in person and Roach accepted the apology. I still think Margarito is a POS, I always will, but it's good to see they're moving on.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/11/11/boxing.pacquiao.roach.margarito.rios/

rockdawg21
11-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Pac - 144.6
Marg - 150

Weigh-in video HD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqD6R6jpLH8

rockdawg21
11-13-2010, 04:31 AM
I'll be leaving San Antonio in the morning to go to Dallas for the fight. Just so you all know, press, HBO 24/7 aside, this is going to be a one-sided ass-whooping of Margarito. Think Pac vs. De La Hoya and Cotto.

Mark my words, one-sided ass-whooping of Margarito. :punch:

Photos to come! Take care/ingat!

Llamafighter
11-13-2010, 04:49 AM
I'll be leaving San Antonio in the morning to go to Dallas for the fight. Just so you all know, press, HBO 24/7 aside, this is going to be a one-sided ass-whooping of Margarito. Think Pac vs. De La Hoya and Cotto.

Mark my words, one-sided ass-whooping of Margarito. :punch:

Photos to come! Take care/ingat!

Dude, have a great time. the 24/7 made it look like a close match but I agree with you 100% and I can't wait to see it!

J.B.
11-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Have a good time man! :)

J.B.
11-14-2010, 04:55 AM
Great fight :)

Tony seemed to come back strong in the 8th...but Pac just outclassed him...

Seriously, who pops off a 4 or 5 shot combo in the 11th round without seeming tired the way Pac did?

I honestly felt like Manny didn't open up enough towards the end when he probably could have finished Margarito but still knew he had it in the bag, but I would never hold that against any fighter. Tony had the size and strength, but not nearly the skill or heart to compete with a guy like Pac, and we all knew it.

Manny did his job tonight, I just hope the fight with Mayweather happens in 2011 because it means a lot to the sport.

logrus
11-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Maybe Pac died years ago but Skynet keeps sending back a better and better Pac Man.... :frantics:

J.B.
11-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Maybe Pac died years ago but Skynet keeps sending back a better and better Pac Man.... :frantics:

No s**t right?

Seriously, who pops off like Manny does in the late rounds? Nobody.

The guy just seems to have a little button that he pushes in the later rounds that allows him to throw multiple shot combos with the same pop he had in the first 3 rounds.

Manny is the man. :cool:

logrus
11-14-2010, 07:28 PM
No s**t right?

Seriously, who pops off like Manny does in the late rounds? Nobody.

The guy just seems to have a little button that he pushes in the later rounds that allows him to throw multiple shot combos with the same pop he had in the first 3 rounds.

Manny is the man. :cool:

Tell me about it. Manny just seems to be able to go from first gear to 6 in a blink of an eye and to do it with crazy pin point accuracy. There is no wasted effort when Manny fights, his punches have purpose and he seems to always throw in high combination's.

I really thought Marg was going to use his reach a lot more in back up and pop Manny when he came in and then sucker him into the corner and ropes to work the size. In the end I had it 119-109 for MAnny with round 6 being the only round I thought Marg one cleanly.

logrus
11-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Not to be a jerk but.....

Mayweather should keep dodging Pacquiao

ARLINGTON, Texas – Antonio Margarito entered the ring standing five inches taller and weighing 17 pounds more than Manny Pacquiao.

By the ninth round, Margarito’s right eye had been nearly closed. His nose was bent. The rest of his face was bloodied and bruised. So pronounced was the destruction that Pacquiao kept turning to the referee and begging him to stop the fight, to end his massacre of this bigger, stronger man.

“Look at his eyes,” Pacquiao said he pleaded to the referee. “Look at his cuts.”

Somewhere Floyd Mayweather had to be watching this beatdown. He had to be watching this incomparable talent defy all known properties of size and strength. And he had to feel reassured about his recent career decisions.

For Mayweather, ducking Manny Pacquiao has never seemed so smart.

If Mayweather has any brains – and for all his fool’s antics, he most certainly does – he’ll keep dodging the superfight the world wants.

All the motivation he needs is to look at those busted-up cheeks of Antonio Margarito.

Pac-Man (52-3-2) won a unanimous decision Saturday here at Cowboys Stadium over a courageous but clearly outclassed Margarito. He won a title in his eighth weight class even though he didn’t bother to even get close to the contracted 150-pound weight limit. He officially weighed 144.6 and entered the ring at 148. Margarito was bulked up to 165 and the hour leading up to the fight had Pacquiao’s team accusing him of trying to take illegal stimulants.

Margarito may as well have snorted the 50-yard line. Nothing can stop Pacquiao and deep down Mayweather has to know that includes him. Step into the ring with Pac-Man these days and you leave a swollen mess (Miguel Cotto, Oscar De La Hoya, Margarito).

“I promote both Antonio and Miguel Cotto,” said Bob Arum of Top Rank Boxing. “Both of them got an ass-whipping from Manny. I ran out of my own guys. He’s beat all my guys.”

Mayweather (41-0) is a different class of fighter than those men. He’s a darting, defensive wizard who would offer the most formidable technical challenge to Pacquiao. It’s why everyone wants to see the fight made.

At this point, though, Pacquiao has separated himself and each hellacious beating he hands out serves as a new round of caution. Pacquiao isn’t just fast. He isn’t just skilled. He is a destructive force. And increasingly he’s shown to possess a formidable chin. If Pacquiao can put his back on the ropes and take the best shots of Margarito and Cotto, you wonder how the lighter-punching Mayweather could possibly hurt him.

“I can’t believe I beat someone this big and this strong,” Pacquiao said.
Manny Pacquiao's beatdown of Antonio Margarito was a brutal as it was impressive.
(Chris Farina/Top Rank photo)

Pacquiao’s winning wasn’t a surprise (he was more than a three-to-one favorite). Margarito’s face being turned into a mangled mess as some fans screamed from ringside for the fight to be called was. Why the ref and ringside doctor allowed it to continue remains a mystery. Pacquiao disabled Margarito’s reach, height and strength advantage with barrage after barrage of swift, precise combinations. It was equal parts brilliant and brutal.

“My opponent looked bad and I wanted the ref to stop,” Pacquiao said. “I didn’t want to damage him permanently. That is not what boxing is about.”

Margarito refused to quit – “I’m a Mexican and we fight to the end,” he said. His corner said they couldn’t throw in the towel on such a warrior. It was all so foolish; their fighter caught two or three extra rounds of savage punches.

“He has the worst corner,” said Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach. “It probably ruined his career by not stopping the fight.… He might never fight again. He took too many unnecessary punches.”

That’s the danger of stepping into the ring with this guy. He’s not just winning fights; he’s altering, if not ending, careers.

Mayweather has found a hundred ways to avoid Pacquiao and increasingly it all makes sense. He was right to demand strict drug testing. But as the Pacquiao camp moved significantly on that issue and agreed to a reasonable timetable, Mayweather ran out of viable excuses. His mouth has run too long and too hard to reverse course now. So instead we keep getting delays and excuses and self-destructive behavior.

“After this great performance, Mayweather needs to put up or shut up or move out of the country,” Roach said. “Face it, Manny’s way above him at this point. I remember when [Mayweather] was ducking Margarito. If he doesn’t fight Manny now we know this guy should retire.”

Both Arum and HBO’s Ross Greenburg said they’d reach out to the Mayweather camp again this week but why would this time be any different? The pile of money – maybe $100 million plus – remains on the table, but now both Mayweather and his trainer/uncle Roger are dealing with significant legal issues in separate domestic violence incidents.

“We wouldn’t want to be blindsided by something like a trial,” Arum noted.

Legal woes should serve as one more roadblock that Mayweather can use. If you’re Floyd Jr., what’s the rush anyway? How many opponents need to be sent to the hospital to try to avoid being the next one?

Mayweather has never faced a relentless force like this. They just don’t exist. Pacquiao threw an astounding 713 power punches and landed an equally astounding 53 percent of them. It’s what carved Margarito’s face to bits.

It was ugly. It was violent. It was an unmistakable message to the one opponent everyone wants to see next.

No one dodges a punch like Mayweather. And the best way to slip Pacquiao’s blinding combination is to keep finding a way to stay out of the ring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Au0hjoiU_mLpoEK3Z4L1.TeUxLYF?slug=dw-pacfloyd11410

J.B.
11-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Right...because Floyd Mayweather is Margarito, Clottey, Hatton, or De La Hoya... :laugh:

Yahoo sports and Dan Wetzel need clicks, it's too bad the only way they think they can get them the day after Manny destroys Antonio is to write an article with Mayweather's name in the headline.

Don't bother telling the world that a signed contract was in Arum and Pacquiao's hands for two weeks before they threw a hissy fit about taking random blood tests last December. :rolleyes:

matthughesfan21
11-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Right...because Floyd Mayweather is Margarito, Clottey, Hatton, or De La Hoya... :laugh:

Yahoo sports and Dan Wetzel need clicks, it's too bad the only way they think they can get them the day after Manny destroys Antonio is to write an article with Mayweather's name in the headline.

Don't bother telling the world that a signed contract was in Arum and Pacquiao's hands for two weeks before they threw a hissy fit about taking random blood tests last December. :rolleyes:
+1

i don't like PBF, and i don't have a problem with manny, but PBF isn't ducking him, if anything its the other way away...take your blood test and fight

J.B.
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
+1

i don't like PBF, and i don't have a problem with manny, but PBF isn't ducking him, if anything its the other way away...take your blood test and fight

The writers and critics are right about Floyd not taking the fight with Manny when they had the 2nd round of negotiations this Summer...

However, even Bob Arum knew it was all about waiting until next year for tax purposes.

Floyd has some obvious personal problems right now, and has been pretty quiet in the last two months. It's ridiculous that the writers have nothing else to talk about in the hours immediately following a great fight between Pacquiao and Margarito.

How come we don't see articles that call out Top Rank for making all these in-house fights for Manny? Nobody seems to say much about that, as if it's just a coincidence that Arum gets a paycheck from Manny, and Margarito, and Clottey.

I like Manny and I like Floyd. I would love nothing more than to see the fight happen, but there really are some writers who don't deserve to get paid to talk about sports. Writers like Iole and Wetzel go out of their way to write article that praise Floyd when he is on top but then they love to kick him when he's down. Those two goofballs want the fight to happen more than anybody so they can write a ton of useless articles about it, yet Wetzel thinks it's cute and witty to write an article that says Floyd SHOULD duck Manny. It's beyond stupid.

J.B.
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
OMG...on the front page of Yahoo they have Kevin Iole's article posted and he's saying today that Manny has a case for being the best Boxer ever...

Sorry Pac-Fans, I like the guy, but he is NOT the best boxer ever. Not even close. He is an ATG, but we already knew that.

It's sickening that Yahoo pays these guys to write about fights when there are so many skilled people without jobs in this country.

rockdawg21
11-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Just as I predicted, easy win for Pac. I think any real boxing fan can see that one.

The stadium is incredible! As you're coming up to it, it reminds me of the scenes in Independence Day where the UFOs are coming over the tops of the cities. It's really THAT big! Had a blast at the fight, but it was kinda tense where we were sitting. This is the first time I've ever been to a major sporting event and felt a little threatened for cheering for whom I wanted to win. Everytime Pac would do something good, show his face, etc., the crowd booed like crazy and the guys around us would boo real loud directly at us. It was totally ****ed up! Next time I go to a fight where Pac is fighting, I'll buy higher-priced tickets so I don't have to deal with that type of behavior. Rant over, lol

I've got 5 videos but the 10 minute one (the fighters' entry) is going to take about 3 hours to upload to YouTube. I've also got about 200 photos that I'm uploading to FaceBook right now. I guess for everybody to see those, I'll probably have to put them on photobucket though.

Anyways, I'll post again when they're up and running.

logrus
11-15-2010, 12:24 AM

I knew you would get a kick out of that article lmao..

+1

It was Floyd who pretty much backed down the second go round, maybe it was to get a mental edge on Manny or maybe Floyd knows the only fight he could win at this time was against an ex...

OMG...on the front page of Yahoo they have Kevin Iole's article posted and he's saying today that Manny has a case for being the best Boxer ever...

Sorry Pac-Fans, I like the guy, but he is NOT the best boxer ever. Not even close. He is an ATG, but we already knew that.

It's sickening that Yahoo pays these guys to write about fights when there are so many skilled people without jobs in this country.

He may not be the greatest of all time, but he has given notice that he definitely deserves to have his name mentioned in the same breath as others. An that there is simply no way you can put Floyd ahead of Manny any longer.

J.B.
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM
That's awesome that you had fun Rock.

People can be idiots, especially at events with a bunch of booze involved. They can boo all they want, their guy has a broken orbital bone for them to worry about. :laugh:

You can link FB pictures just like any other pics so you don't have to use Photobucket.

logrus
11-15-2010, 12:39 AM
That's awesome that you had fun Rock.

People can be idiots, especially at events with a bunch of booze involved. They can boo all they want, their guy has a broken orbital bone for them to worry about. :laugh:

You can link FB pictures just like any other pics so you don't have to use Photobucket.

Kinda odd cause it seemed like it was a really pro Manny crowd. Watching the fight everytime he would flurry the crowd went nuts.

Never been to a boxing event, but for baseball, football, hockey, basketball games the opposing fans have been awesome to get involved with.

J.B.
11-15-2010, 12:49 AM
I knew you would get a kick out of that article lmao..

It was Floyd who pretty much backed down the second go round, maybe it was to get a mental edge on Manny or maybe Floyd knows the only fight he could win at this time was against an ex...

He may not be the greatest of all time, but he has given notice that he definitely deserves to have his name mentioned in the same breath as others. An that there is simply no way you can put Floyd ahead of Manny any longer.

Why, because he beat Margarito?

Manny wouldn't fight Shane, and Shane trounced Antonio just like Manny did.

Floyd and Manny need to fight each other to answer that question at this time. There is nobody else in the talent pool with the exception of MAYBE Paul Williams who could validate one guy over the other right now. Now, if Floyd goes to jail or doesn't fight top comp in 2011 and Manny DOES, then you may be able to say he will have surpassed Floyd. However, that all depends on who Manny fights and if Floyd fights. I'm not saying Floyd is "ahead" of Manny or vise-versa. What I am saying is that there is a reason we have been waiting for this fight for 2 years, and it's because of how closely matched these two are. In terms of raw talent and boxing technique, I think Floyd is better than Manny. In terms of power and toughness, Manny is better than Floyd. Manny is the only one fast enough to give Floyd problems, and Floyd is the only one fast enough to give Manny problems. It's a true super-fight.

If you wanna mention Floyd not taking the fight during the second negotiations, that is fine, but tell the whole story. Tell the part about about Arum playing games in the media and trying to put deadlines on negotiations so that he could force Floyd to submit to their demands. Talk about the first round of negotiations where Manny balked. Or, even just mention the fact that Manny has made contract negotiations a pain in the ass in the past just like Floyd has, and not just with Floyd either. He did it with Oscar and Hatton too. Basically, if it's not a Top Rank fighter, Arum and Manny have had problems negotiating.

If Manny, Arum, and Roach think they can just walk over Floyd, then why did they need a 10 million dollar "over-weight" clause? They always say that Manny's role is to fight the bigger guys and thats why he wanted Margarito, so why do they need 10 million dollars if Floyd weighs 148 pounds? Manny was already in the same realm as the All Time Greats before the Margarito fight. Beating him was a great accomplishment, but it doesn't change where he is in terms of history at this point in time.

I wanna be clear, I'm not trying to dump on Manny or be a hater, I'm just calling it like I see it and pointing out some very questionable logic when people start crapping all over Floyd.

J.B.
11-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Kinda odd cause it seemed like it was a really pro Manny crowd. Watching the fight everytime he would flurry the crowd went nuts.

Never been to a boxing event, but for baseball, football, hockey, basketball games the opposing fans have been awesome to get involved with.

There were a lot of Mexican fans there, so I'm sure it was a good mix.

J.B.
11-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Note to Kevin Iole...

Manny is a legend, but THIS is the GOAT

http://cyberboxingzone.com/images/robinson-sugar-ray-22.jpg

and I would be glad to argue that with anybody...:laugh:

J.B.
11-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Logrus, question...

Would you put Manny ahead of Chavez?

what about Pep, Duran, Louis, Ali, or Armstrong?

:huh:

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 01:51 AM
For those who didn't get to see the fight, here is the link to the torrent. It's really big, about 2.2gb, so it'll take a while, but it's got to be HD quality at that size: http://torcache.com/torrent/F9192EF35A83377E3FD8F3809B6A822CF736511F.torrent
Use a torrent client like BitTorrent to download it: http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download/complete?os=win

For my photos, here's the FaceBook link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2088404&id=1127080218

J.B.
11-15-2010, 02:04 AM
For my photos, here's the FaceBook link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2088404&id=1127080218

sweet pictures man :)

$50 to park? :scared0011:

J.B.
11-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Marg needs surgery to remove an eye muscle that is lodged in his fractured orbital...

http://sportsnickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/margariotface.jpg

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 02:37 AM
First video is up. Pac & Marg's entrances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuyjCkxqnnE

More videos to come.

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 03:03 AM
Marg needs surgery to remove an eye muscle that is lodged in his fractured orbital...

http://sportsnickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/margariotface.jpg

Here's the video I uploaded. This was between round 11 and 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvz3_QiDoB8

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 03:04 AM
The crowd was able to get the wave going for a little while during the Brandon Rios fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfHKY5BXLL4

J.B.
11-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Here's the video I uploaded. This was between round 11 and 12.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvz3_QiDoB8

Dude, that screen must be so huge when you are in that building...and those videos are really good. :cool:

I would definitely like to check that out one day. Maybe I'll make a road trip the next time the Cardinals play the Cowboys in Texas.

logrus
11-15-2010, 03:31 AM
Why, because he beat Margarito?

Manny wouldn't fight Shane, and Shane trounced Antonio just like Manny did.

Floyd and Manny need to fight each other to answer that question at this time. There is nobody else in the talent pool with the exception of MAYBE Paul Williams who could validate one guy over the other right now. Now, if Floyd goes to jail or doesn't fight top comp in 2011 and Manny DOES, then you may be able to say he will have surpassed Floyd. However, that all depends on who Manny fights and if Floyd fights. I'm not saying Floyd is "ahead" of Manny or vise-versa. What I am saying is that there is a reason we have been waiting for this fight for 2 years, and it's because of how closely matched these two are. In terms of raw talent and boxing technique, I think Floyd is better than Manny. In terms of power and toughness, Manny is better than Floyd. Manny is the only one fast enough to give Floyd problems, and Floyd is the only one fast enough to give Manny problems. It's a true super-fight.

If you wanna mention Floyd not taking the fight during the second negotiations, that is fine, but tell the whole story. Tell the part about about Arum playing games in the media and trying to put deadlines on negotiations so that he could force Floyd to submit to their demands. Talk about the first round of negotiations where Manny balked. Or, even just mention the fact that Manny has made contract negotiations a pain in the ass in the past just like Floyd has, and not just with Floyd either. He did it with Oscar and Hatton too. Basically, if it's not a Top Rank fighter, Arum and Manny have had problems negotiating.

If Manny, Arum, and Roach think they can just walk over Floyd, then why did they need a 10 million dollar "over-weight" clause? They always say that Manny's role is to fight the bigger guys and thats why he wanted Margarito, so why do they need 10 million dollars if Floyd weighs 148 pounds? Manny was already in the same realm as the All Time Greats before the Margarito fight. Beating him was a great accomplishment, but it doesn't change where he is in terms of history at this point in time.

I wanna be clear, I'm not trying to dump on Manny or be a hater, I'm just calling it like I see it and pointing out some very questionable logic when people start crapping all over Floyd.

Hey Floyd didn't want any part of Mosely as well and had to wait til the man was pushing 40 before he took that fight. If your going to call it, call it fair, right, right lol. Besides I didnt get the whole story down on thread status, bottom line Floyd didnt want the second fight with Manny, with his whole, hey I already fought 3 months ago, I want to take the next 6 months off"... (loose quote)

Nothing new, all promoters want to push and pressure fighters to sign. Seriously, why have a #1 ranked guy and want to sit on him for 6 months because someone is unwilling to sign. To many negs come from that. I don't blame promoters who do that as long as the fighter is willing, an maybe Manny is one of those guys who wants guys lined up so he keeps that high level training.

It wont even take til 11 for someone to step up to take on Manny, I have a doubt it will be a long while before Floyd signs a fight deal.

I hate Floyd outside the squared circle, inside he is a defensive freak, but I still feel Manny is the better, more experienced fighter as of 11/10.

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 03:37 AM
Nelly gave a mini-concert prior to the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzA7U9j1YFM

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 03:39 AM
Dude, that screen must be so huge when you are in that building...and those videos are really good. :cool:

I would definitely like to check that out one day. Maybe I'll make a road trip the next time the Cardinals play the Cowboys in Texas.
Yeah, those screens were incredible. If you look around the 10th photo or so that I posted on the FaceBook photos. That's the view of the stadium as soon as you go through the door. The stadium is so cool in that, you don't have to do any outdoor walking. All stairs are located within the complex, which gives it such a massive size whereas all other stadiums I've visited have the ramps/stairs on the outside. No wonder parking is $50, lol

I was literally in awe driving up to the stadium, you can see it for miles. Then as I walked inside, back in awe again, then I saw our seats, and was in awe again. It's definitely worth the trip if you want to go there! And Dallas Cowboys fans are cool at the game. I attended a Chiefs game there a few years back and the fans were all cool even though we were winning and were on the Cowboys side. No worries.

logrus
11-15-2010, 03:44 AM
Logrus, question...

Would you put Manny ahead of Chavez?

what about Pep, Duran, Louis, Ali, or Armstrong?

:huh:

Ha, I wouldn't put him above Chavez or Armstrong lol, Cant say much bout Armstrong, but Ali fights and Chavez fights were always interesting and exciting. PErsonally watching Manny was like watching Chavez for me.

Serious now in the last 10 years rank the top 15 or 10 fighters.

J.B.
11-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Hey Floyd didn't want any part of Mosely as well and had to wait til the man was pushing 40 before he took that fight. If your going to call it, call it fair, right, right lol. Besides I didnt get the whole story down on thread status, bottom line Floyd didnt want the second fight with Manny, with his whole, hey I already fought 3 months ago, I want to take the next 6 months off"... (loose quote)

Nothing new, all promoters want to push and pressure fighters to sign. Seriously, why have a #1 ranked guy and want to sit on him for 6 months because someone is unwilling to sign. To many negs come from that. I don't blame promoters who do that as long as the fighter is willing, an maybe Manny is one of those guys who wants guys lined up so he keeps that high level training.

It wont even take til 11 for someone to step up to take on Manny, I have a doubt it will be a long while before Floyd signs a fight deal.

I hate Floyd outside the squared circle, inside he is a defensive freak, but I still feel Manny is the better, more experienced fighter as of 11/10.

Again, you leave out the part about Shane turning Floyd down numerous times when Floyd was coming up. I do call it fair, and that's exactly why it's a constant battle when trying to discuss a lot of the propaganda that is put out there by fans and some boxing writers. I am critical of Floyd when he deserves it, but he has so many haters simply because of his personality that very few people have a fair understanding or view of Mayweather.

Floyd, like many fighters at the point he is at, only wants to fight once or twice a year. The Pacquiao fight is a huge draw and he will make an easy 50 million from it. He just made close to 40 million against Shane, so why would he want to pay taxes on 90 million when he can wait until next year and let the hype get bigger? This is something that has been going on in Boxing for YEARS.

To say that one is better than the other in terms of rankings is meaningless. This is about legacy, and the whole boxing world knows these are the two best fighters of this era and they are at the same weight. Hence, they NEED to fight or this will always be debated.

rockdawg21
11-15-2010, 04:01 AM
Last video. Drinking beer/having supper prior to the fight. This place had a slide so my wife wanted to make a video instead of shooting photos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDwLss0_fA

logrus
11-15-2010, 04:11 AM
Again, you leave out the part about Shane turning Floyd down numerous times when Floyd was coming up. I do call it fair, and that's exactly why it's a constant battle when trying to discuss a lot of the propaganda that is put out there by fans and some boxing writers. I am critical of Floyd when he deserves it, but he has so many haters simply because of his personality that very few people have a fair understanding or view of Mayweather.

Floyd, like many fighters at the point he is at, only wants to fight once or twice a year. The Pacquiao fight is a huge draw and he will make an easy 50 million from it. He just made close to 40 million against Shane, so why would he want to pay taxes on 90 million when he can wait until next year and let the hype get bigger? This is something that has been going on in Boxing for YEARS.

To say that one is better than the other in terms of rankings is meaningless. This is about legacy, and the whole boxing world knows these are the two best fighters of this era and they are at the same weight. Hence, they NEED to fight or this will always be debated.

Cant yell at me for quoting boxing writers from The Ring magazine lol. :tongue0011: :frantics:

J.B.
11-15-2010, 04:17 AM
Serious now in the last 10 years rank the top 15 or 10 fighters.

okay, I am gonna back 15 years because a lot of guys started in the 90's...

This is my opinion, like any "rankings", but I do have sound logic behind my selections, especially the top 5. Some of the guys could easily flip flop with others in their rank, and some guys could still move up on the list.

so here goes...

15. Miguel Cotto

14. Winky Wright

13. Oscar De La Hoya

12. James Toney

11. Lennox Lewis

10. Marco Antonio Barrera

9. Erik Morales

8. Wladmir Klitschko

7. Juan Manuel Marquez

6. Shane Mosley

5. Joe Calzaghe

4. Bernard Hopkins

3. Manny Pacquiao

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

1. Roy Jones Jr.

J.B.
11-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Cant yell at me for quoting boxing writers from The Ring magazine lol. :tongue0011: :frantics:

they are owned by Golden Boy now, and they have said a LOT of conflicting things over the years. :laugh:

logrus
11-15-2010, 04:32 AM

This is my opinion, like any "rankings", but I do have sound logic behind my selections, especially the top 5. Some of the guys could easily flip flop with others in their rank, and some guys could still move up on the list.

so here goes...

15. Miguel Cotto Didnt have him

14. Winky Wright Didnt have him

13. Oscar De La Hoya

12. James Toney

11. Lennox Lewis

9. Erik Morales

8. Wladmir Klitschko 50/50

7. Juan Manuel Marquez

6. Shane Mosley

5. Joe Calzaghe Didnt have him

4. Bernard Hopkins

3. Manny Pacquiao

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

1. Roy Jones Jr.

Well I pretty much had a similar list I marked the names I didnt even put down. I didnt know you liked W Klitchko what do you think of Vitali K ??

they are owned by Golden Boy now, and they have said a LOT of conflicting things over the years. :laugh:

Exactly, so where does one go for unbiased information. ?? lol

ohh and they are affiliated with yahoo sports lol....

J.B.
11-15-2010, 04:41 AM
Well I pretty much had a similar list I marked the names I didnt even put down. I didnt know you liked W Klitchko what do you think of Vitali K ??

I like Vitali, and one could easily place him on the list, but I certainly feel Wladmir is the more talented pure Boxer, so I didn't really see a place for Vitali unless it's just ahead of Cotto or Winky Wright.

Also, how could you not have Calzaghe?

I know he was relatively protected in his career, and he took advantage of an old Hopkins and Jones, but he still fought a decent share of some really good fighters and he retired 46-0.

Hatton could easily be at 15 over Cotto on my list, and higher up on some other people's list, but I put Cotto one notch above Hatton because I personally feel Cotto is the better boxer.

Exactly, so where does one go for unbiased information. ?? lol

The trick is to go everywhere and keep a level head about what's being said. Writers can literally become the biggest bandwagon jumpers in the world. They love guys when they are on top, and they love to kick them when they are down. Look at Brett Favre. :laugh:

Everybody is a little bit biased when formulating their opinions on some things from time to time, but some writers literally go off the deep end. Kevin Iole is a perfect example. Sometimes he writes great stuff, and he does know a lot about both boxing and MMA, but sometimes he just has these fanatical emotionally charged pieces that take things over the edge, and they usually come right after a big event or major fight. Then when things aren't so hyped up, those writers go back to the middle of the road again.

I try not to be like that when I blog on my website. I always try to be as fair as possible while still holding firm in my opinions.

Chris F
11-15-2010, 05:03 AM

so here goes...

15. Miguel Cotto

14. Winky Wright

13. Oscar De La Hoya

12. James Toney

11. Lennox Lewis

9. Erik Morales

8. Wladmir Klitschko

7. Juan Manuel Marquez

6. Shane Mosley

5. Joe Calzaghe

4. Bernard Hopkins

3. Manny Pacquiao

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

1. Roy Jones Jr.

I think Hatton is better at his prime than Cotto and if you are going to have Wladimar ranked so high and have Lewis and Tooney on there you got to have Chris Byrd. Sure he has since past his prime but he did beat Vitali and took Wladimar 12 rounds in one of their match ups. I think Byrd in his prime easily beats Lewis in his.:)

J.B.
11-15-2010, 06:16 AM
I think Hatton is better at his prime than Cotto and if you are going to have Wladimar ranked so high and have Lewis and Tooney on there you got to have Chris Byrd. Sure he has since past his prime but he did beat Vitali and took Wladimar 12 rounds in one of their match ups. I think Byrd in his prime easily beats Lewis in his.:)

Like I said about Hatton, he could easily be argued above Cotto and be higher on some people's lists, but I personally think Cotto would whoop him. Today or 7 years ago. Hatton never took boxing serious enough in my opinion. He used to balloon up in weight all the time and party, then have to cut like 40 or 50 pounds in camp. Then after Floyd and Manny beat him he just fell to pieces, that knocks him down a lot in my book.

Byrd could be argued for top 20 of the last 15 years, maybe...:unsure:

But beating Vitali by technical decision because of a shoulder injury and beating Evander Holyfield in 2002 doesn't say much to me personally. He did beat Tua, but went to a draw with Golota and then of course he got smashed by Wlad in their rematch. I would certainly favor Lewis over Byrd, and I think most people would, but that would have been a great fight to see. Still, just to add him because of those things would be like adding Medgoen Singsurat because he knocked Manny Pacquiao out in 1999 and is 70-6 with wins over every scrub and tomato can in Thailand.

James Toney and Lennox Lewis certainly deserve to be mentioned in the top 20 boxers from 1995 to 2010. Obviously, people will differ on where certain fighters should be, but that list is just how I would rank the top 15 because he asked. I would also say that Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather could easily be argued for the top spot, but I personally feel that what Roy Jones did, and the way he did it between 1995 and 2004 is more impressive than both of them at this point. Floyd and Manny both have some time left in the sport to achieve more, and so does Miguel Cotto, and a lot of other great looking up and comers, only time will tell. :)

Chris F
11-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Like I said about Hatton, he could easily be argued above Cotto and be higher on some people's lists, but I personally think Cotto would whoop him. Today or 7 years ago. Hatton never took boxing serious enough in my opinion. He used to balloon up in weight all the time and party, then have to cut like 40 or 50 pounds in camp. Then after Floyd and Manny beat him he just fell to pieces, that knocks him down a lot in my book.

Byrd could be argued for top 20 of the last 15 years, maybe...:unsure:

But beating Vitali by technical decision because of a shoulder injury and beating Evander Holyfield in 2002 doesn't say much to me personally. He did beat Tua, but went to a draw with Golota and then of course he got smashed by Wlad in their rematch. I would certainly favor Lewis over Byrd, and I think most people would, but that would have been a great fight to see. Still, just to add him because of those things would be like adding Medgoen Singsurat because he knocked Manny Pacquiao out in 1999 and is 70-6 with wins over every scrub and tomato can in Thailand.

James Toney and Lennox Lewis certainly deserve to be mentioned in the top 20 boxers from 1995 to 2010. Obviously, people will differ on where certain fighters should be, but that list is just how I would rank the top 15 because he asked. I would also say that Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather could easily be argued for the top spot, but I personally feel that what Roy Jones did, and the way he did it between 1995 and 2004 is more impressive than both of them at this point. Floyd and Manny both have some time left in the sport to achieve more, and so does Miguel Cotto, and a lot of other great looking up and comers, only time will tell. :)

this is why such list in every sport are impossible because you canlt really see. Especially when delaing with weight classes. Hatton was indeed a slacker and like you said Cotto is not done yet. I happen to think Byrd was great in the arly part of his boxing life. Not so much so in the latter years. Most of your list there is not much to argue about :)

JavierDLC
11-15-2010, 06:36 PM

I think your just Trolling now :rolleyes:

JavierDLC
11-15-2010, 07:02 PM

It just shows you how much people Hate Floyd remember the Marquez fight?
Floyd weighed in what? 5 lbs. over and everyone was calling him a cheater and blah blah blah. Tony comes in 17 pounds over and Manny "Steroids" Pacquiao beats him and it all of a sudden turns Pacquiao into the 8th wonder of the World!

Please!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

logrus
11-15-2010, 07:39 PM
this is why such list in every sport are impossible because you canlt really see. Especially when delaing with weight classes. Hatton was indeed a slacker and like you said Cotto is not done yet. I happen to think Byrd was great in the arly part of his boxing life. Not so much so in the latter years. Most of your list there is not much to argue about :)

That list was nothing more then me trying to keep JB from rambling off boxers from the last 100 years. Though it was good to see that we do have a similar group of guys from the last 10 years. It also proves in the last 10 years you can not keep Manny out of arguments about great fighters.

It just shows you how much people Hate Floyd remember the Marquez fight?
Floyd weighed in what? 5 lbs. over and everyone was calling him a cheater and blah blah blah. Tony comes in 17 pounds over and Manny "Steroids" Pacquiao beats him and it all of a sudden turns Pacquiao into the 8th wonder of the World!

Please!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Manny not bothering to get to 150 and staying at 144 is a lot different then Floyd refusing to cut 5 more pounds for a weight limit he wanted lol.

Funny you talk roids when your American Hero the loud mouth of real estate has not said anything to the public in 3 months... :laugh:

Now go troll, the big people are talking.... :tongue0011:

J.B.
11-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Floyd was not really over-weight for the Marquez fight.

He made it clear from day one that he wasn't going to fight at anything less than 147, and if I remember right he actually weighed in at 146. Yes, he did pay a penalty to Marquez, but it was a last minute agreement that was made to appease JMM's side and stroke their ego. Marquez was the one who called Floyd out, but Floyd knew that was the perfect fight for him to come back and look good while setting up the stage for a Pacquiao fight. Who better to fight than the guy a lot of people think beat Manny, and the number 2 P4P at the time?

Just thought I would point that out...again...:laugh:

JavierDLC
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
That list was nothing more then me trying to keep JB from rambling off boxers from the last 100 years. Though it was good to see that we do have a similar group of guys from the last 10 years. It also proves in the last 10 years you can not keep Manny out of arguments about great fighters.

Manny not bothering to get to 150 and staying at 144 is a lot different then Floyd refusing to cut 5 more pounds for a weight limit he wanted lol.

Funny you talk roids when your American Hero the loud mouth of real estate has not said anything to the public in 3 months... :laugh:

Now go troll, the big people are talking.... :tongue0011:

Im sorry to hear that, theres always SUBWAY if you wanna lose weight :w00t: :w00t:

Chael Sonnen will be back and he will talk the same if not more trash don't worry about him. We are in the Boxing/Pacquiao thread.

I'm Sure Floyd will call him out next year and the fight wont happen because Pacquiao is going to announce hes retirement in December.

Floyd will probably fight the winner of Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams around April or May where I think and Hope Martinez will win.
Floyd will destroy Martines in a one sided decision.

Two days after the fight is announced.
Manny will announce hes return to boxing and he will fight another Top Rank champion in some Middle Weight championship bout where the champion will meet him at a Catch weight. Manny will win the 9th championship and become the president of the Philippines. :rolleyes:

to be continued.....

J.B.
11-15-2010, 08:17 PM
Here is what Marley is saying...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32858

Arum's Plan To Make Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Happen

By Michael Marley

GRAPEVINE, TEXAS—It is indeed true that, in prior attempts to make a Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Manny Pacquiao super bout, Bob Arum of Top Rank acted like a raging bull in a China shop.

But the shrewd, turning age 79 in three weeks head of Top Rank makes all his moves with careful consideration. But Arum's latest m.o., his new tack is to push for a Floyd-Manny mega-fight so it can come to fruition either next May or November.

There is also the backup plan, that's why supplicant "Sugar" Shane Mosley and his new adviser, the Houston rap and boxing mogul James Prince, hovered on the sidelines at the Pacman-Margarito post-fight press conference inside Cowboys Stadium.

Not only is Mosley, who says he is still a vice president and shareholder in Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy outfit, spreading his wings to choose his own matches as his career winds down at age 39, he also revealed to me that he will soon launch his company, Sugar Shane Mosley Promotions.

But that's in the near future, let's look at what the canny Arum will set into motion next week vis a vis the electrifying Pacman and the undefeated Mayweather.

Step #1 - This coming week, “I will have [Top Rank VP] Todd [Duboef] place a call directly to Floyd. Todd will ask one question and one question only, and that is whether Floyd wants to fight Manny.”

Step #2 - ''If Floyd's answer is yes about fighting Manny, then Todd will ask for Floyd's express permission to call his criminal lawyer and to ask the lawyer if he can be sure if Floyd will be available, not on trial or otherwise occupied, on specific dates.”

Step #3 - ''If Todd gets a good answer from the lawyer, then Todd calls Floyd directly one more time. Todd will ask Floyd, who is your chosen representative, who should we sit down with to to put this fight togther? We don't care who Floyd says, who he picks, be it Don King, Golden Boy or anyone else.”

So there ya go...Shane Mosley. :laugh:

J.B.
11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Manny will announce hes return to boxing and he will fight another Top Rank champion in some Middle Weight championship bout where the champion will meet him at a Catch weight. Manny will win the 9th championship and become the president of the Philippines. :rolleyes:

Can you say Chavez Jr.?

http://www.juliocesarchavez.net/images/julio-cesar-chavez-jr.jpg

JavierDLC
11-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Can you say Chavez Jr.?

http://www.juliocesarchavez.net/images/julio-cesar-chavez-jr.jpg

Yup I can see it happening :happydancing: now.

It should be illegal because Manny could *God forbid* Kill him :scared0015:

J.B.
11-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Yup I can see it happening :happydancing: now.

It should be illegal because Manny could *God forbid* Kill him :scared0015:

Nahhh, Manny is a merciful guy...You could tell he let off the gas on Marg because he was concerned with how bad he looked. That fight would be huge in Mexico City or Manila though.

Truth is, the onus really is on Floyd right now to step up and do what he can to get this fight made. The leverage he gained when the first talks fell through over the drug tests, and his victory over Mosley, have started to fade in the public perception. The Ustream video was just silly, but it became compounded by the situation with his ex-girlfriend only a few weeks later. Now, after Manny's destruction of Marg, and Mayweather's looming legal battle, the blame gets shifted back to Floyd for not getting the fight made.

Even though Floyd will probably never see the inside of a jail cell and we may go all of 2011 without getting to the sentencing phase if he is found guilty, it's still important that the fight happen as soon as possible. The timing is as perfect as it possibly could be from a fight perspective, and I wouldn't suspect he would actually want to take another extended layoff unless he really is mentally removed and wrapped up in legal issues.

If Floyd were to fight the winner of Sergio Martinez/Paul Williams, and Manny opted to take some time away to tend to his political duties, that wouldn't surprise me either. However, it would have to be Pacquiao that backs off, otherwise Floyd will take the hit. Floyd can't leave the Pacquiao fight on the table and try to go after another fight at this point.

logrus
11-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Im sorry to hear that, theres always SUBWAY if you wanna lose weight :w00t: :w00t:

Chael Sonnen will be back and he will talk the same if not more trash don't worry about him. We are in the Boxing/Pacquiao thread.

I'm Sure Floyd will call him out next year and the fight wont happen because Pacquiao is going to announce hes retirement in December.

Floyd will probably fight the winner of Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams around April or May where I think and Hope Martinez will win.
Floyd will destroy Martines in a one sided decision.

to be continued.....

Its the bulking season now, more protein and more carbs. Since IL gets freakin frigid there's no point walking around at 190. Besides I want to break 315 pounds on my flat bench...

He will be trash talking soon enough sadly...

Its a bit annoying to hear people talk about Floyd when he has only fought one time this year...

J.B.
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Its a bit annoying to hear people talk about Floyd when he has only fought one time this year...

Oh c'mon..:laugh: Who else should we be talking about?

Besides, it's not like Manny is fighting every 3 months either. He's fought twice this year. Clottey barely fought back, and Manny only landed like 19% of those 1200 punches. I give Manny all the credit he deserves, but let's be realistic.

If Manny and Arum do play games with negotiations and then they go after Mosley, what would you think of that?

JavierDLC
11-15-2010, 10:18 PM

Besides, it's not like Manny is fighting every 3 months either. He's fought twice this year. Clottey barely fought back, and Manny only landed like 19% of those 1200 punches. I give Manny all the credit he deserves, but let's be realistic.

If Manny and Arum do play games with negotiations and then they go after Mosley, what would you think of that?

I Think it would be pathetic.

JavierDLC
11-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Its the bulking season now, more protein and more carbs. Since IL gets freakin frigid there's no point walking around at 190. Besides I want to break 315 pounds on my flat bench...

He will be trash talking soon enough sadly...

I'm sorry i made that comment about your weight I was out off line:ashamed:

But as of late you always have something negative to say about me or to me:mellow:

With that out of the way, Chael Will be back and beat Marquardt again and Okami and then he will beat Anderson Silva for the Belt :)

I just hope Floyd Fights soon.

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/ripperowens666/mayweather-pacquiao-head.jpg

logrus
11-15-2010, 11:27 PM

We could talk about how Manny killed another MExican legend... :laugh:

I Think it would be pathetic.

I second that, besides Manny would retire him for good...

I'm sorry i made that comment about your weight I was out off line:ashamed:

But as of late you always have something negative to say about me or to me:mellow:

With that out of the way, Chael Will be back and beat Marquardt again and Okami and then he will beat Anderson Silva for the Belt :)

I just hope Floyd Fights soon.

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu345/ripperowens666/mayweather-pacquiao-head.jpg

I was at 250 pounds at 5'-10" a long time ago so the fat jokes dont work on me now, lol

Im joking about 99.9% of the time, hang around here a bit longer you will pick up on it. Besides it took JB like 2 yrs and he lived 10 minutes from me lol..

Marq is a joke, I used to be such a fan of his a few years ago, not sure what happened to him. I would rather cheer on Sonnen then Nate at this point...

Nice pic lol...

J.B.
11-16-2010, 12:13 AM
We could talk about how Manny killed another MExican legend... :laugh:

Margarito came in looking Hispanic and left looking Asian :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/1J5U3.jpg

logrus
11-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Margarito came in looking Hispanic and left looking Asian :laugh:

http://i.imgur.com/1J5U3.jpg

LMAO, you know I was watching the fight in the late rounds wondering why Manny kept looking away. I am a bit surprised the Docs and his corner let it go on for 12 rounds. I figured after round 9 his corner would just call it.

J.B.
11-16-2010, 12:58 AM
LMAO, you know I was watching the fight in the late rounds wondering why Manny kept looking away. I am a bit surprised the Docs and his corner let it go on for 12 rounds. I figured after round 9 his corner would just call it.

They wanted to let Marg go out like a soldier and redeem himself a little bit after the scandal. Plus, with all the trash talking Oscar has been doing about Tony, he can now say "at least I didn't quit on my stool"...

That was all about pride.

The fact that Manny didn't take advantage says a lot about his character. Kinda like George Foreman always says about his fight with Ali, the best punch in the whole fight was the one Ali didn't throw. When George was rocked he could have blasted him, but he didn't because he knew he didn't have to.

logrus
11-16-2010, 02:37 AM
They wanted to let Marg go out like a soldier and redeem himself a little bit after the scandal. Plus, with all the trash talking Oscar has been doing about Tony, he can now say "at least I didn't quit on my stool"...

That was all about pride.

The fact that Manny didn't take advantage says a lot about his character. Kinda like George Foreman always says about his fight with Ali, the best punch in the whole fight was the one Ali didn't throw. When George was rocked he could have blasted him, but he didn't because he knew he didn't have to.

Clean hand wraps and a passed drug test was a very good start, add in lasting 9 rounds with Manny was good enough redemption in my book. I guess thats true about quiting on the stool, I still feel the Doctor should have just called it, by the 11-12 round it became a bit painful to watch. I think Manny felt the same way with the huge decrease in punches.

I hear that Foreman quote all the time.. :cool:

You think Mar redeemed himself?

J.B.
11-16-2010, 04:47 AM
You think Mar redeemed himself?

I don't know, maybe with some of the dedicated fans who already liked him to begin with and were on the fence about what happened. He didn't do himself any favors with the jokes about Freddie Roach's Parkinson's disease either.

Personally, I think Margarito knew what was up with the wraps and I think that is something that needs to be taken very seriously in this sport, especially given what we have seen happen throughout history. I do like to see people redeem themselves, but I think it's gonna take some more time and a humbled Margarito to heal the wounds with most fans.

rockdawg21
11-16-2010, 12:49 PM
...I think it's gonna take some more time and a humbled Margarito to heal the wounds with most fans.
I'm one of those fans. What I saw the other night was nothing more than karma, which I predicted. What goes around comes around f' him. He could have easily done that or worse to anybody that he was fighting during his career. He should have been banned for life, but he got what he deserved IMO.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh, but one thing I totally despise is cheating in any aspect (sports, relationships, etc.). Well, except using cheat codes to beat the computer in a video game, that's fair because it's the only way you can cheat back! :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2010, 03:11 PM
that was a beat down ... shoulda been stopped anytime after 10 ...

J.B.
11-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I opened this thread with a blog before the fight, so here is my blog after the fight...http://squaredoctagon.com/index.php?page=77

There is only one topic to discuss, and we all know what it is. However I do share a tidbit of breaking news about Floyd's latest legal troubles, where he allegedly unleashed the fury of his index finger on the face of some security guard. :rolleyes:

Pacquiao smashes Margarito, sets his sights on Mayweather...again

11/15/10 - by JB

http://squaredoctagon.com/uploads/images/1116141619.jpg

It was another brilliant performance for Filipino sensation Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night, as he easily cruised to a dominant victory over former Welterweight champion, the infamous Antonio Margarito. It was the kind of one sided beating we have come to expect from Manny in recent years, and in the end it left both of Margarito's eyes cut, and severely swollen (it was later reported he suffered a fractured orbital bone that would require surgery to remove eye muscles that had become lodged in the fracture).

By the late rounds it was apparent that Pacquiao was concerned for Margarito's well being, and Manny looked to ref to stop the fight, but it was ultimately allowed to continue and Margarito's corner did not throw in the towel (although many viewers in attendance and at home felt they probably should have). From that point, it was obvious that Manny let up on some of his punches and just tried to avoid getting hit by Antonio, as he let the fight come to a conclusion. It was a merciful gesture by Pacquiao and it speaks volumes to his character as a competitior and as a human being, even though some critics may question the logic behind his decision.

For Antonio, it's back to the drawing board. There is a chance that his injuries could permanently sidetrack his career, and even if he is able to return to the ring, it will be a while before he is fully healed physically, or from a public relations standpoint. Margarito's career was already tarnished by a scandal involving loaded hand-wraps before his TKO loss to Shane Mosley, and a video of him mocking tremors caused by the Parkinson's disase of Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, infuriated many fans. If Antonio does make it back to the ring, don't rule out a rematch with Miguel Cotto at this point.

As for the future of Pacquiao, I think that goes without saying...

The world has been waiting for a clash between Manny and the other "Pound for Pound" king, Floyd Mayweather Jr. for over 2 years, and negatioations have already fallen apart twice in the past. Once, last December when both parties had supposedly agreed on terms, then Pacquiao's side objected to the USADA Olympic style drug testing requested by Mayweather that would require blood and urine samples from both fighters at random leading up to, and including, the day of the fight. The breakdown in the first talks is what led to Manny fighting Joshua Clottey in March, and Floyd Mayweather fighting Shane Mosley in May. After the Mosley/Mayweather fight, negotiations allegedly took place a second time, and supposedly both sides had again come to terms. However, this time Mayweather denied being in direct negotiations and Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, suggested that he didn't believe Floyd wanted to fight again in 2010, but would instead rather wait until 2011. For tax purposes and in the interest of promoting the fight, that may make perfect sense, but to many boxing fans it was seen as an act of cowardice on the part of Floyd for not stepping up and immediately taking the fight we have all been waiting to see. It's a criticism that is fairly common amongst fans in the worlds of boxing and mixed martial arts, which often need to find a middle ground between the interests of the sport and the interests of business.

http://squaredoctagon.com/uploads/images/0908222154.jpg

Floyd may be just as savy a business man as he is a boxer, but one thing is certain...

Spending time in jail is never good for business.

In recent months, Floyd has been plauged by legal troubles with some pretty bad PR attached. He was involved in a domestic incident back in September with his ex-girlfriend in which Floyd is accused of assualting her, threatening his children, and stealing her iPhone. The incident landed him 8 charges, and the possiblity of doing some serious time in prison. Then, on Monday, TMZ reported that a private security guard in Floyd's gated community called the police when Mayweather "poked" him in the face during an arugment over parking tickets (http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/15/floyd-mayweather-jr-accused-battery-security-guard-poked-eye-las-vegas/). All in all, it's safe to say things are pretty hectic for Mayweather right now, and if he wants to do some damage control, he could start by doing everything in his power to make this fight a reality in the Spring of 2011. Most reports suggest that Floyd's legal issues won't be resolved until late 2011, at the earliest, so it would be wise for him to act now and repair some of his damaged reputation with the public. Floyd doesn't get a lot of positive press for his contributions to charity, but a bit more financial security would allow him to continue to do those things. That, along with keeping his nose clean, may be enough to keep him out of a prison cell later next year, but only time will tell.

send emails to jb@squaredoctagon.com

rearnakedchoke
11-16-2010, 11:02 PM
great article bro ....

J.B.
11-16-2010, 11:17 PM
great article bro ....

J.B.
11-16-2010, 11:33 PM
I figured I would check out Money May's twitter and see what he's been up to since the fight....apparently blackjack.

http://plixi.com/p/57331254

@floydmayweather - Making a light deposit today...Do anyone need some of this cake?

http://c0013549.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_36ace36

http://plixi.com/p/56069118

RT @50Cent - Floyd going hard just made us some money baby

http://c0013544.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_3578bfe

:rotfl:

J.B.
11-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Apparently Margarito is out of surgery and recovering now, his co manager has said everything was a success and they only expect to be sidelined 60 days. Doctors said his injuries didn't appear to be career threatening, so that is good to hear. Now we just gotta see if he can make a mental comeback once he physically heals.

JavierDLC
11-17-2010, 01:57 AM
Apparently Margarito is out of surgery and recovering now, his co manager has said everything was a success and they only expect to be sidelined 60 days. Doctors said his injuries didn't appear to be career threatening, so that is good to hear. Now we just gotta see if he can make a mental comeback once he physically heals.

Floyd is a Bada$$ :laugh: !!look at all that MOney!!

Great article JB. I love reading everything you write even if your bashing Chael Sonnen. The way you choose your words and the knowledge you have is Amazing. No I'm not being a Brown noser I mean it :)

As for Margarito I think he can make a come back, Cotto received two beatings and in the Yuri Foreman fight he looked very good :)

J.B.
11-17-2010, 02:55 AM
Floyd is a Bada$$ :laugh: !!look at all that MOney!!

Great article JB. I love reading everything you write even if your bashing Chael Sonnen. The way you choose your words and the knowledge you have is Amazing. No I'm not being a Brown noser I mean it :)

As for Margarito I think he can make a come back, Cotto received two beatings and in the Yuri Foreman fight he looked very good :)

Thanks man :wink:

Yeah, that is a lot of money. I'm sure the IRS will be taking a huge slice of that "cake". :laugh:

I hope Margarito heals up well, and then thinks long and hard about where he goes from here in terms of his career. It can be hard to come back from losses like this, and he may want to ease his way into a bigger fight. He somewhat struggled to a unanimous decision in his comeback fight against a relative no-namer outside of Mexico, Roberto Garcia (who's only notable fight was against Freddy Hernandez and it ended in no contest from a headbutt). What did everybody honestly think would happen to him against Pacquiao?

Meanwhile, Miguel Cotto looked very sharp in his match with Foreman, and although it's a shame Foreman's knee is what really ended the fight, Cotto was well on his way to victory regardless. I think at this point he would likely be able to overcome Antonio, but they are kicking around a possible match with JC Chavez Jr sometime in March. Which could possibly be the pre-cursor to a Pacquiao-Chavez Jr or rematch with Cotto after beating Mosley, if the Mayweather fight isn't going to happen. Arum is a busy old man, and I gotta give him credit for that because between him and Don King, no other promoter has done what they have done at this point. Arum has had all the best, Ali, Sugar Ray, Floyd, Pacquiao, Chavez, Foreman, and the list just goes on and on...

Miss Foxy
11-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Iam utterly disgusted with this pacman frenzy.... Mayweather my dear please come whoop some *ss.. Please!!!!!:punch:

J.B.
11-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Iam utterly disgusted with this pacman frenzy.... Mayweather my dear please come whoop some *ss.. Please!!!!!:punch:

If they can drag him away from the casinos and keep him out of trouble with the cops I think the fight will happen. I've always been a fan of Floyd, but he definitely needs to focus right now.

rockdawg21
11-23-2010, 12:58 AM
He did, her name was Josie Harris. However, in recent typical Floyd Mayweather fashion, he still couldn't score a KO. :laugh:

J.B.
11-23-2010, 01:42 AM
He did, her name was Josie Harris. However, in recent typical Floyd Mayweather fashion, he still couldn't score a KO. :laugh:

To be fair, she didn't undergo random blood testing. :wink:

JavierDLC
11-23-2010, 02:07 AM

That total BS by some broad that wants to make some money. It would take one jab from Floyd to break her jaw and Hospitalize her.

:)

Miss Foxy
11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
That total BS by some broad that wants to make some money. It would take one jab from Floyd to break her jaw and Hospitalize her.

:)

+1!!!

logrus
11-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Welcome back Foxy, I missed you (even if your blinded by Mayweathers bling) :wink:

Miss Foxy
11-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome back Foxy, I missed you (even if your blinded by Mayweathers bling) :wink:

Lmao!! Thanks missed ya as well. Its always good to have friends that challenge my liking for Mayweather!! I love him!! I can't help it!! Bling Bling!!