PDA

View Full Version : VOTE!!!!

Rev
10-12-2010, 07:52 AM
I know we all have our own opinions about politics, but this year, on November 2nd, if we really care about the future of our country, we need to get out and vote. For years people have had the mentality of "I'm just one vote, I dont matter". Thats how we get into trouble, because this is America and you do matter. If you want the right to complain, and I know every American wants that right, go vote. Dont vote based on popular opinions or your wallets. Vote based on what you know is best for the well being of this country. learn about the people running for offices, find out what they stand for and are going to stand for. Be involved in fixing the country. Please vote.
God Bless Ya'll.

Neezar
10-12-2010, 11:04 AM
+1

VCURamFan
10-12-2010, 11:50 AM
+1

Well said, Rev.

BamaGrits84
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
And to add to this point encourage your friends to get educated on the candidates and vote. A good candidate should have a website with specific ideas on how to fix problems; not just criticism for the ones in office now.

BamaGrits84
10-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh and I saw the funniest sign the other day. It said "When I voted for change I didn't expect it to mean that was all that I would have in the bank."

VCURamFan
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh and I saw the funniest sign the other day. It said "When I voted for change I didn't expect it to mean that was all that I would have in the bank."
I saw one a few days ago that said "You keep the change, I'll keep my guns." :fighting0008:

CAVEMAN
10-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I know we all have our own opinions about politics, but this year, on November 2nd, if we really care about the future of our country, we need to get out and vote. For years people have had the mentality of "I'm just one vote, I dont matter". Thats how we get into trouble, because this is America and you do matter. If you want the right to complain, and I know every American wants that right, go vote. Dont vote based on popular opinions or your wallets. Vote based on what you know is best for the well being of this country. learn about the people running for offices, find out what they stand for and are going to stand for. Be involved in fixing the country. Please vote.
God Bless Ya'll.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

Tyburn
10-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Please Vote Republican. Its Safer for you, its safer for the whole world. Better American be strong and capable of violence, then weak and ineffectual.

Stand up, for those who cant stand up coz they are not as important as they used to be :laugh:

Vote for someone who will ressurect the starwars defense strategy, who will protect the southern boarder, who will encourage stabalization of the Economy, Someone with the sense to stay in the wars you are in, but not to start anymore. Someone who values and can read the constitution properly, which means they must be Christian, they must support Israel, they must treat their allies as equals. They must have proper military and government experience.

Please dont let Barack Obama sweet talk you, or make promises, or try and placate you. That is what he is good at, recognise it, be aware of it, and then cast it aside know, pretty much, that is ALL he is good at.

If Condi Rice ever runs for President vote for her, she will know what to do. If Hillary Clinton ever runs for President, avoid her like the plague, she will crack and cry under pressure and her Husband cant be trusted to tell the truth. :laugh:

CAVEMAN
10-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Please Vote Republican. Its Safer for you, its safer for the whole world. Better American be strong and capable of violence, then weak and ineffectual.

Stand up, for those who cant stand up coz they are not as important as they used to be :laugh:

Vote for someone who will ressurect the starwars defense strategy, who will protect the southern boarder, who will encourage stabalization of the Economy, Someone with the sense to stay in the wars you are in, but not to start anymore. Someone who values and can read the constitution properly, which means they must be Christian, they must support Israel, they must treat their allies as equals. They must have proper military and government experience.

Please dont let Barack Obama sweet talk you, or make promises, or try and placate you. That is what he is good at, recognise it, be aware of it, and then cast it aside know, pretty much, that is ALL he is good at.

If Condi Rice ever runs for President vote for her, she will know what to do. If Hillary Clinton ever runs for President, avoid her like the plague, she will crack and cry under pressure and her Husband cant be trusted to tell the truth. :laugh:

This day and age, the republicans are not much better. They have failed just as much as the dems! I'm voting 3rd party anywhere I can as long as the candidate is in the same camp as I on issues. The 2 major parties have failed this country and it is time for them to go!

Buzzard
10-15-2010, 04:23 PM
This day and age, the republicans are not much better. They have failed just as much as the dems! I'm voting 3rd party anywhere I can as long as the candidate is in the same camp as I on issues. The 2 major parties have failed this country and it is time for them to go!

I agree. To vote strictly party line is irresponsible in the least. The issues are what is important, not whether there is a R or D beside the name.

CAVEMAN
10-15-2010, 04:55 PM
I agree. To vote strictly party line is irresponsible in the least. The issues are what is important, not whether there is a R or D beside the name.

Now if the rest of the country would vote the same, we might have some real change!

Chris F
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Sorry Rev I can't in goon conscious vote for a Republican or a democrat and here in Oklahoma those are the only choices. They are two heads of the same monster who have no desire to return us to our constitutional roots. Till then my vote is none of the above or till I move to a state that has more than 2 choices.

CAVEMAN
10-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't know how it is in most states, but it is my understanding that here in Illinois, a candidate running under a 3rd party has to have twice the amount of signatures to get his/her name on the ballot than a candidate that would be running under a democrat or republican ticket.

THAT AIN'T RIGHT!

Could this be ther very reason we don't see very many 3rd parties on the ballot?

Chris F
10-16-2010, 07:37 AM
I don't know how it is in most states, but it is my understanding that here in Illinois, a candidate running under a 3rd party has to have twice the amount of signatures to get his/her name on the ballot than a candidate that would be running under a democrat or republican ticket.

THAT AIN'T RIGHT!

Could this be ther very reason we don't see very many 3rd parties on the ballot?

Every state law is different. Oklahoma is one of the worse. Illinois is not to good either. 3 rd parties pay professional singnature getters a lot of money to get on the ballot in most states. SOme like Illinois, OK, TX and a few up north are baout near impossible. I was a State Vice Chairman of the Constitution party in Missouri and we got on the ballot there and as far as I know they are still on the ballot. The averege 3rd party gets on in 45 states. The 2 big parties whine and moan that it is a wasted vote or a vote for the other person.. Horese poo!!!! A wasted vote is one against your best judgement. Lesser of 2 evils is still evil.

Rev
10-17-2010, 09:37 PM
I look at the "lesser of 2 evils" delima like this.
If you are trying to get to the top shelf, and neither of your 2 stools will get you there, use the one that gets you highest, and maybe next time an even higher stool will be available. Until next time, why settle for being further away from the top shelf than you had to be.

i dont like all of our choices, but non-activity, is activity.
- "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
(Edmund Burke)

Can I get an "Amen"?!?!?!?
lol

surveyorshawn
10-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I look at the "lesser of 2 evils" delima like this.
If you are trying to get to the top shelf, and neither of your 2 stools will get you there, use the one that gets you highest, and maybe next time an even higher stool will be available. Until next time, why settle for being further away from the top shelf than you had to be.

i dont like all of our choices, but non-activity, is activity.
- "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
(Edmund Burke)

Can I get an "Amen"?!?!?!?
lol

Yep, Amen