PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre

J.B.
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM
So...are we gonna talk about it?

:laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 07:22 PM
about his below average season (2tds, 6 ints, and a qb rating of 60) or the allegations that the NFL is now investigating into his sexual harrassment of a reporter while he was with the Jets...They have voice messages on him, I haven't heard them, but if they prove that it is his voice, I don't know how he can really deny it...If this is true, am I really wrong for hating him? His wife is after surving breast cancer and he's trying to get some tail in the big apple...Way to stay classy Brett (allegedly)

J.B.
10-10-2010, 07:29 PM
about his below average season (2tds, 6 ints, and a qb rating of 60) or the allegations that the NFL is now investigating into his sexual harrassment of a reporter while he was with the Jets...They have voice messages on him, I haven't heard them, but if they prove that it is his voice, I don't know how he can really deny it...If this is true, am I really wrong for hating him? His wife is at home with breast cancer and he's trying to get some tail in the big apple

I have heard them...and it sure does sound like Brett...

I think the funniest, and strangest, part of this whole thing is him sending pictures of his kielbasa through text message...Not sure if that adds up for me, but I guess his wife will know if those pics are legit or not...:laugh:

Also, it's weird that you mention the breast cancer, because it is October (breast cancer awareness month) and I didn't even think of that...:sad:

J.B.
10-10-2010, 07:39 PM
The real issue here is how does Roger Goodell handle his golden child?

The NFL has been leading by example lately by being super tough when it comes to it's off the field conduct policies, but will they REALLY suspend Favre right now?

Big Ben got 4 games, and nothing could even be proven in his case. Will Favre get the same treatment? Or does their investigation take months to unfold, and we don't know the real truth until long after this season has past and Favre actually retires for good?

I have a feeling that if this blows up Tiger Woods style, they will have to take action and Favre will retire before the end of the season. I know it's not crazy to think these guys are only humans, but if this pans out it really is sad for football.

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I have heard them...and it sure does sound like Brett...

I think the funniest, and strangest, part of this whole thing is him sending pictures of his kielbasa through text message...Not sure if that adds up for me, but I guess his wife will know if those pics are legit or not...:laugh:

Also, it's weird that you mention the breast cancer, because it is October (breast cancer awareness month) and I didn't even think of that...:sad:I'll go check them out here soon, but of course he is denying it, but if the league can determine that it is his voice on those tapes...He will likely be suspended(if Big ben gets a suspension for what he did, brett deserves it as well).

How wild would it be for his "ironman" streak of consecutive starts to be ended, not by injury or retirement, but by explicit voice mails and picture messages with a reporter...THat would make my day

J.B.
10-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I'll go check them out here soon, but of course he is denying it, but if the league can determine that it is his voice on those tapes...He will likely be suspended(if Big ben gets a suspension for what he did, brett deserves it as well).

How wild would it be for his "ironman" streak of consecutive starts to be ended, not by injury or retirement, but by explicit voice mails and picture messages with a reporter...THat would make my day

lol, I knew I should have waited for your response, but my last one basically addresses what you say here...

I will say though, even though I always rooted against Favre as a Bears fan, it still wouldn't make my day. I hate seeing people fall from grace like this, it's sad. I know it's his own fault if it's true, just like Tiger Woods, or anybody else, but I just hate seeing it happen.

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 07:53 PM
lol, I knew I should have waited for your response, but my last one basically addresses what you say here...

I will say though, even though I always rooted against Favre as a Bears fan, it still wouldn't make my day. I hate seeing people fall from grace like this, it's sad. I know it's his own fault if it's true, just like Tiger Woods, or anybody else, but I just hate seeing it happen.
The NFL is "aggressively" investigating these allegations, so I don't think it should be a long drawn out process, and Goodell isn't one to take a long time to come to a conclusion...If this is true, he should be punished under the league's personal conduct policy, big ben wasn't even charged and he still got suspended...Just because it's brett favre, does not mean he should be exempt from punishment.....and I don't find it sad at all...If he didn't want to get caught and face the repurcussions maybe he should have kept the camera phone outside of his pants:laugh: (allegedly)

J.B.
10-10-2010, 08:09 PM
The NFL is "aggressively" investigating these allegations, so I don't think it should be a long drawn out process, and Goodell isn't one to take a long time to come to a conclusion...If this is true, he should be punished under the league's personal conduct policy, big ben wasn't even charged and he still got suspended...Just because it's brett favre, does not mean he should be exempt from punishment.....and I don't find it sad at all...If he didn't want to get caught and face the repurcussions maybe he should have kept the camera phone outside of his pants:laugh: (allegedly)

I guess we will see...

I'm just saying that Big Ben don't effect ratings like Brett Favre does. I agree though, if it's true he should get, at least, the same punishment.

You are right, and I get that, it's totally his own fault if he did it. I was just speaking more in the general sense. I was never a big Michael Vick fan and I am certainly not a fan of dogfighting, but I felt bad to see him fall from grace. People make mistakes, and we have to pay for them, but I like to see people learn to walk the line and get redemption. Ya know what I'm saying?

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 08:11 PM
I guess we will see...

I'm just saying that Big Ben don't effect ratings like Brett Favre does. I agree though, if it's true he should get, at least, the same punishment.

You are right, and I get that, it's totally his own fault if he did it. I was just speaking more in the general sense. I was never a big Michael Vick fan and I am certainly not a fan of dogfighting, but I felt bad to see him fall from grace. People make mistakes, and we have to pay for them, but I like to see people learn to walk the line and get redemption. Ya know what I'm saying?
Yes people make mistakes, and if it's a mild to moderate mistake, I can understand that, but Vick was a major mistake and Favre could be more than that as well, we will see...If this allegation is true, I would have a hard time believing that this is an isolated incident

J.B.
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Yes people make mistakes, and if it's a mild to moderate mistake, I can understand that, but Vick was a major mistake and Favre could be more than that as well, we will see...If this allegation is true, I would have a hard time believing that this is an isolated incident

Oh, I agree on both...

Now, when it comes to Vick...would you say he deserves a second chance? Or further-more, do you think he has actually acted in a way that would merit one?

With Favre...this is actually not NEW news. There have been reports for years about him being involved in crazy stuff in Wisconsin. Also, there have already been 2 more women who have come forward and said he did the same thing to them...(although, in fairness sake, we know how that goes)

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh, I agree on both...

Now, when it comes to Vick...would you say he deserves a second chance? Or further-more, do you think he has actually acted in a way that would merit one?Vick served his time in prison and as far as I can tell, has behaved well(a few things have come up, but nothing that he has been proven to be directly involved in) he is working his way back up and is working hard, so I can be fine with that..I will never root for him, but I won't hate him either) so yes, I would say he deserved a second chance and is performing well during his chance

With Favre...this is actually not NEW news. There have been reports for years about him being involved in crazy stuff in Wisconsin. Also, there have already been 2 more women who have come forward and said he did the same thing to them...(although, in fairness sake, we know how that goes)

I hadn't heard about the other allegations, but in regards to your "we know how that goes" line, we said the same thing about Tiger and it turned out to be true..Women can just be gold diggers, but in some cases it can be the truth, and if it turns out to be true that he is basically a habitual cheater, then it would be hard to take his word over theirs
responses in red

logrus
10-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I havent really heard much on it actually.

J.B.
10-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I havent really heard much on it actually.

Really? Are Packers fans really over Favre? I know Rodgers is the younger, hotter, chick...but still....:laugh:

J.B.
10-10-2010, 08:56 PM
I hadn't heard about the other allegations, but in regards to your "we know how that goes" line, we said the same thing about Tiger and it turned out to be true..Women can just be gold diggers, but in some cases it can be the truth, and if it turns out to be true that he is basically a habitual cheater, then it would be hard to take his word over theirs

No doubt, and I'm not saying it wouldn't be true...but there are people who try to cash in on a person's celebrity status.

I won't make multiple examples, but I will make one....Michael Jackson. Anybody who doesn't see the facts in his cases already had their mind made up.

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
No doubt, and I'm not saying it wouldn't be true...but there are people who try to cash in on a person's celebrity status.

I won't make multiple examples, but I will make one....Michael Jackson. Anybody who doesn't see the facts in his cases already had their mind made up.
agreed...I'm not saying Brett is guilty, I'm speaking if if's....I'll still hate him regardless, but that was formed way before this incident...I'll reserve judgment on this until all the facts come out, thats why i keep putting allegedly in parentheses :laugh:

logrus
10-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Really? Are Packers fans really over Favre? I know Rodgers is the younger, hotter, chick...but still....:laugh:

LoL, actually its not been on much here in Chicago, and the NFL network hasn't talked about it much. Also havent seen it on SC as well. But I havent been watching it much as of late.

J.B.
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
LoL, actually its not been on much here in Chicago, and the NFL network hasn't talked about it much. Also havent seen it on SC as well. But I havent been watching it much as of late.

That is crazy, but it really just come out of nowhere, kinda like the Sonnen deal.

I guess it broke on Thursday, and I was out basically all day, so I found out on Friday. I figured I would let somebody else break the news at first, but this forum has been like a ghost town the last couple days....:unsure-1:

J.B.
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
agreed...I'm not saying Brett is guilty, I'm speaking if if's....I'll still hate him regardless, but that was formed way before this incident...I'll reserve judgment on this until all the facts come out, thats why i keep putting allegedly in parentheses :laugh:

Brett's biggest fail (not pictures of his penis, I swear...:))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA86XC5QgFQ

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Brett's biggest fail (not pictures of his penis, I swear...:))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA86XC5QgFQ:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
caption this photo

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/11/2010/10/581f7796ab4122e4a31ffe36daea69a5/340x.jpg

"Who you want, Erin Andrews or Suzy Kolber?

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
just listened to the voicemails and it does sound like him....technology can do wonders nowadays, so it could be someone else, but for it to be a mississipi area code with his voice and getting the number of a hot chick who works for the jets...It all makes it harder to think its not him

J.B.
10-10-2010, 10:29 PM
just listened to the voicemails and it does sound like him....technology can do wonders nowadays, so it could be someone else, but for it to be a mississipi area code with his voice and getting the number of a hot chick who works for the jets...It all makes it harder to think its not him

for what it's worth, I am an audio engineer and it's unlikely that anybody used audio editing to alter that voice.

J.B.
10-10-2010, 10:30 PM
caption this photo

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/11/2010/10/581f7796ab4122e4a31ffe36daea69a5/340x.jpg

"BIG Ben...LOL...They call me baby Favre and I still snag 10x the tail you do."

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 11:17 PM
"BIG Ben...LOL...They call me baby Favre and I still snag 10x the tail you do."I've never heard him called baby favre before:unsure-1:

J.B.
10-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I've never heard him called baby favre before:unsure-1:

Neither have I...

I can't believe Favre said that....

matthughesfan21
10-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Neither have I...

I can't believe Favre said that....???you're confusing me:blink:

J.B.
10-11-2010, 12:13 AM
???you're confusing me:blink:

You have much to learn, grasshopper... :wink:

matthughesfan21
10-11-2010, 06:04 AM

You have much to learn, grasshopper... :wink:John Madden is probably disappointed he didn't get any pictures or voicemails:laugh:

http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/favre.jpg

http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/favre-fail.jpg?w=510&h=419

http://blog.alphamind.biz/wp-content/uploads/Brent_Favre.jpg

matthughesfan21
10-11-2010, 06:06 AM
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/38000/LEAVE-BRETT-FAVRE-ALONE--38409.jpg

J.B.
10-11-2010, 08:22 AM
http://blog.alphamind.biz/wp-content/uploads/Brent_Favre.jpg

I thought nothing would top the Cards beating the Saints today, but this did it...

Bonnie
10-11-2010, 09:07 AM
The real issue here is how does Roger Goodell handle his golden child?

The NFL has been leading by example lately by being super tough when it comes to it's off the field conduct policies, but will they REALLY suspend Favre right now?

Big Ben got 4 games, and nothing could even be proven in his case. Will Favre get the same treatment? Or does their investigation take months to unfold, and we don't know the real truth until long after this season has past and Favre actually retires for good?

I have a feeling that if this blows up Tiger Woods style, they will have to take action and Favre will retire before the end of the season. I know it's not crazy to think these guys are only humans, but if this pans out it really is sad for football.

Just because prosecuters didn't file charges doesn't mean he isn't guilty of doing what he was accused of. From what I read, a couple of off-duty police officers acting as his bodyguards that night most probably were involved in that mess and then you have another police officer who ended up resigning due to his questionable behavior during the investigation. And she might not be the only woman he's done this to. The NFL commissioner apparently didn't think much of his off-field behavior.

I listened to the voice messages and it might be Brett's voice. The voice on the messages has some distinctive things about it, like the emphasis on certain syllables and the way he says, "all right" like "awl ite". And there are constant pauses in the speech pattern that could be due to uncertainty on the speaker's part, but it does make me wonder if it's Brett's words from different audios of him being "put together". As for the pics, the thing that caught my eye was the watch band. That's a little worrisome, but someone could have gotten a watch like his with a dark band. I'd hate to think of someone going to this length to set him up, or for whatever reason, but that would be better than him actually having done this. I really really hope it wasn't him.

J.B.
10-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Just because prosecuters didn't file charges doesn't mean he isn't guilty of doing what he was accused of. From what I read, a couple of off-duty police officers acting as his bodyguards that night most probably were involved in that mess and then you have another police officer who ended up resigning due to his questionable behavior during the investigation. And she might not be the only woman he's done this to. The NFL commissioner apparently didn't think much of his off-field behavior.

I listened to the voice messages and it might be Brett's voice. The voice on the messages has some distinctive things about it, like the emphasis on certain syllables and the way he says, "all right" like "awl ite". And there are constant pauses in the speech pattern that could be due to uncertainty on the speaker's part, but it does make me wonder if it's Brett's words from different audios of him being "put together". As for the pics, the thing that caught my eye was the watch band. That's a little worrisome, but someone could have gotten a watch like his with a dark band. I'd hate to think of someone going to this length to set him up, or for whatever reason, but that would be better than him actually having done this. I really really hope it wasn't him.

Bonnie, you know I love ya, but really...the watch? I can barely stand the guy, and I still have no idea what watch he was wearing...lol... Was it like one of those things where it's like an eclipse? "Don't stare directly into it"....:laugh:

Now that you say that, it does make me wonder if it's really him...I don't recall seeing a pair of Wrangler jeans around his ankles...:laugh:

As for creative audio splicing, that's basically been my life for over a decade. It's absolutely possible, but it's highly unlikely. When I heard the VM's for the first time I had my studio monitors on, and I heard nothing that suggested it was cut. Not to mention, at what time would Brett have ever said some of the things that were said in those VM's?

logrus
10-11-2010, 02:52 PM

Bonnie, you know I love ya, but really...the watch? I can barely stand the guy, and I still have no idea what watch he was wearing...lol... Was it like one of those things where it's like an eclipse? "Don't stare directly into it"....:laugh:

Now that you say that, it does make me wonder if it's really him...I don't recall seeing a pair of Wrangler jeans around his ankles...:laugh:

As for creative audio splicing, that's basically been my life for over a decade. It's absolutely possible, but it's highly unlikely. When I heard the VM's for the first time I had my studio monitors on, and I heard nothing that suggested it was cut. Not to mention, at what time would Brett have ever said some of the things that were said in those VM's?

Maybe it was a Mexican Farve running around or Mark Sanchez wanted the job so he faked the voice and he hired the girls.

Bonnie
10-11-2010, 05:25 PM

:laugh: Hey, I did notice "other" things like....his hands. :laugh: Of course, I had to replay a few times to make sure I didn't miss anything....important. :laugh: "Pause" is a very useful feature. :laugh: I was looking for any unusual characteristics that might stand out that could be used as identifying tools. :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIcSuyZjjIM :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Bonnie
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM

I know you know your stuff. :) I was just pointing out some things I noticed about the caller's speech. I'm sure there is lots of audio out there of Brett speaking--words he uses, the way he speaks, etc...--that could be used to do something like this, and likewise be used to compare to the voice on these VMs. For instance, the caller used "uh" a lot, and, like I previously mentioned, the way he says "all right". Stuff like that.

I know it doesn't seem probable, but like you say, it's possible.

J.B.
10-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Maybe it was a Mexican Farve running around or Mark Sanchez wanted the job so he faked the voice and he hired the girls.

Ahhh yes....the good ol' Chael Sonnen "It wasn't me, it was a Hispanic" defense....

gotta love it. :laugh:

J.B.
10-11-2010, 11:52 PM
I know you know your stuff. :) I was just pointing out some things I noticed about the caller's speech. I'm sure there is lots of audio out there of Brett speaking--words he uses, the way he speaks, etc...--that could be used to do something like this, and likewise be used to compare to the voice on these VMs. For instance, the caller used "uh" a lot, and, like I previously mentioned, the way he says "all right". Stuff like that.

I know it doesn't seem probable, but like you say, it's possible.

It's absolutely possible, but like I said, I do doubt it. The voice seems to flow naturally on the VM's.

What they would actually do to test it is an analysis of the frequencies in a known audio clip of Brett's voice. Then they would compare it to the VM's and see how they match up.

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Just saw an article where Jenn Sterger mentions "the watch"--"he's wearing the watch he wore at his retirement announcement".

I'm interested to see how Brett plays tonight. Lot of pressure.... :wink:

First Chael, now Brett....boy, I can pick'em can't I. Who's next? I don't even want to know! :laugh:

J.B.
10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm interested to see how Brett plays tonight. Lot of pressure.... :wink:

This is typically when Favre is most dangerous. Not only him, but Randy Moss as well. They always seem to play big when the spotlight is on them, and especially on Monday night games. This should be a good game tonight.

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
This is typically when Favre is most dangerous. Not only him, but Randy Moss as well. They always seem to play big when the spotlight is on them, and especially on Monday night games. This should be a good game tonight.

Will this be the first game for Randy Moss (with the Vikings?) and his first time to play with Brett? :unsure-1:

I hope it's a good game, with the Vikings for the win, of course.

matthughesfan21
10-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Will this be the first game for Randy Moss (with the Vikings?) Moss has played many games with the Vikings, just not recently

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Moss has played many games with the Vikings, just not recently

Okay, just went back and did a little reading on him. So he's just been traded back. Sounds promising....

Hope he and Brett make some magic tonight! :)

matthughesfan21
10-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Okay, just went back and did a little reading on him. So he's just been traded back. Sounds promising....

Hope he and Brett make some magic tonight! :)
game on the line, brett throws pick 6:laugh::happydancing:

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 06:01 PM
game on the line, brett throws pick 6:laugh::happydancing:

Oh, hush! :laugh:

What is this "pick 6"?

That was a horrible way to end it. I think they would have had the game if two of those throws hadn't gone over the receiver's heads. But it wasn't all Brett. It'd be nice if his offense would give him more protection earlier in the game. It was sweet in the third and fourth quarters....until the end.

If they come back and win every game now, do they have a shot? :unsure-1:

Oh, and Brett did break/make some records last night. Give the guy some credit already!

J.B.
10-12-2010, 06:04 PM

What is this "pick 6"?

Interception for a touchdown...Favre's signature move...:laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-12-2010, 06:08 PM

What is this "pick 6"?

That was a horrible way to end it. I think they would have had the game if two of those throws hadn't gone over the receiver's heads. But it wasn't all Brett. It'd be nice if his offense would give him more protection earlier in the game. It was sweet in the third and fourth quarters....until the end.

If they come back and win every game now, do they have a shot? :unsure-1:

Oh, and Brett did break/make some records last night. Give the guy some credit already!Interception returned for a touchdown...We might as well call it "The Favre" because it's his specialty...He did break some records last night, some of which included turnover records

THey have a shot if they win out, they would be 13-3, that would give them home field advantage probably, but that's a moot point because they will not win out...They have a tough schedule remaining, I don't know if they will even squeak into the playoffs

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Interception for a touchdown...Favre's signature move...:laugh:

Oh, I get it 6 points. :rolleyes: Yeah, I think he might hold the record for that now too. :laugh: Not that you had to mention it! :laugh:

Did you read my other question? Do they have any chance, if they win the rest of their games? :unsure:

matthughesfan21
10-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Interception for a touchdown...Favre's signature move...:laugh::laugh:great minds think alike

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Interception returned for a touchdown...We might as well call it "The Favre" because it's his specialty...He did break some records last night, some of which included turnover records

THey have a shot if they win out, they would be 13-3, that would give them home field advantage probably, but that's a moot point because they will not win out...They have a tough schedule remaining, I don't know if they will even squeak into the playoffs

Geez, could you make that a little bigger, I can't see it! :laugh: "The Farve", I like it! I just don't like what it means. :laugh:

I think Brett might surprise ya. Even Mark Sanchez said, "You can't ever count Brett out!" :tongue0011:

J.B.
10-12-2010, 06:16 PM
This morning when I was working out and listening to Dan Patrick, I couldn't help but think....DAMN...this guy really has been playing for 20 years...

I remember when he was virtual unknown who just came to the Packers when I was like 8 years old....I feel old...lol

matthughesfan21
10-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Geez, could you make that a little bigger, I can't see it! :laugh: "The Farve", I like it! I just don't like what it means. :laugh:

I think Brett might surprise ya. Even Mark Sanchez said, "You can't ever count Brett out!" :tongue0011:surprise me by making the playoffs or winning out? It won't surprise me if they make the playoffs, but there is no chance in hell they win out, they won't get a first round bye
6 Sun, Oct 17

* vs
* Dallas

4:15 PM FOX Tickets | Travel
7 Sun, Oct 24

* @
* Green Bay

8:20 PM NBC Tickets | Travel
8 Sun, Oct 31

* @
* New England

4:15 PM FOX Tickets | Travel
9 Sun, Nov 7

* vs
* Arizona

1:00 PM FOX Tickets | Travel
10 Sun, Nov 14

* @
* Chicago

11 Sun, Nov 21

* vs
* Green Bay

12 Sun, Nov 28

* @
* Washington

13 Sun, Dec 5

* vs
* Buffalo

1:00 PM CBS Tickets | Travel
14 Sun, Dec 12

* vs
* New York

15 Mon, Dec 20

* vs
* Chicago

8:30 PM Tickets | Travel
16 Sun, Dec 26

* @
* Philadelphia

17 Sun, Jan 2

* @
* Detroit

1:00 PM FO

matthughesfan21
10-12-2010, 06:18 PM
This morning when I was working out and listening to Dan Patrick, I couldn't help but think....DAMN...this guy really has been playing for 20 years...

I remember when he was virtual unknown who just came to the Packers when I was like 8 years old....I feel old...lol
his career is the same age as me:laugh:

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Is that a record? :unsure-1:

They reported last night that Jenn Sterger was "weighing all her options" :rolleyes: and was going to do what was in "her best interests". Whatever the heck that means! They said if she doesn't cooperate with the investigation it's doubtful anything will happen to Brett.

VCURamFan
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM

They reported last night that Jenn Sterger was "weighing all her options" :rolleyes: and was going to do what was in "her best interests". Whatever the heck that means! They said if she doesn't cooperate with the investigation it's doubtful anything will happen to Brett.
That means Brett's throwing money at her to shut up.

County Mike
10-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Big Deal!

Who among us HASN'T sent pictures of our junk to hot women? I sent 3 this morning alone. That's only because it took 3 pictures to get it all in.

:)

J.B.
10-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Record for years played? No. That belongs to Geroge Blanda who just died last month. He played 26 years.

I heard that Steger called Playboy...so I don't think she is trying to press charges or anything. The league can't really do anything if she doesn't say anything, and there is no police report like in Ben's case.

J.B.
10-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Big Deal!

Who among us HASN'T sent pictures of our junk to hot women? I sent 3 this morning alone. That's only because it took 3 pictures to get it all in.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqU_s_BBtiRcTFF1T9DOjy0yrVFRdqn CHBD1wibJAAxOvqaes&t=1&usg=__oLVtZv_by9KuC8KuvE_7mQptnRM=

Bonnie
10-12-2010, 07:23 PM
That means Brett's throwing money at her to shut up.

No he's not! :laugh: JB says she's shopping Playboy--that's a shocker! :rolleyes:

Big Deal!

Well if that was Brett, looks like he's a one-picture guy. :laugh:

County Mike
10-13-2010, 02:46 PM
Well if that was Brett, looks like he's a one-picture guy. :laugh:

He sent the picture to you too?

VCURamFan
10-13-2010, 02:55 PM
He sent the picture to you too?
Bonnie could cash in on this opportunity! :happydancing:

Bonnie
10-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Bonnie could cash in on this opportunity! :happydancing:

I'm "exploring my options". :wink:

J.B.
10-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Favre's junk is back in the news....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONSR_45O-dc&feature=player_embedded

Bonnie
10-14-2010, 07:06 PM
That's what happens when you try to one-hand those balls.

VCURamFan
10-14-2010, 07:16 PM
That's what happens when you try to one-hand those balls.
That's what she said?

BamaGrits84
10-14-2010, 07:32 PM
That's what she said?

bj44
10-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Favre's junk is back in the news....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONSR_45O-dc&feature=player_embedded

lol

is anderson or max hall your profile pick? If max hall why?.... Dude is to small to play qb in the nfl and doesnt have dree brees like ability to make up for it.. hes no kurt warner.... In fact hes no jake plaummer :laugh:

J.B.
10-15-2010, 09:28 AM
lol

is anderson or max hall your profile pick? If max hall why?.... Dude is to small to play qb in the nfl and doesnt have dree brees like ability to make up for it.. hes no kurt warner.... In fact hes no jake plaummer :laugh:

It's Hall.

Why?

Because he is a smart and gritty QB, with a lot more potential upside than any of our other options at the position this year. Not to mention, he has the support of the team which helps guys rise to the occasion for him (like in the Saints game last week), and he grew up a Cardinal fan because he was born and raised right here in Mesa. So yeah, I definitely am a big fan of Hall's and hope he succeeds.

He may not be Warner or Brees, but let's remember how many people said Brees would fail, and that Kurt Warner was an undrafted rookie QB bagging groceries at the Hy-vee in Cedar Falls Iowa before getting cut from the Packers practice squad. So, nothing is impossible my friend. :wink:

bj44
10-15-2010, 07:04 PM
It's Hall.

Why?

Because he is a smart and gritty QB, with a lot more potential upside than any of our other options at the position this year. Not to mention, he has the support of the team which helps guys rise to the occasion for him (like in the Saints game last week), and he grew up a Cardinal fan because he was born and raised right here in Mesa. So yeah, I definitely am a big fan of Hall's and hope he succeeds.

He may not be Warner or Brees, but let's remember how many people said Brees would fail, and that Kurt Warner was an undrafted rookie QB bagging groceries at the Hy-vee in Cedar Falls Iowa before getting cut from the Packers practice squad. So, nothing is impossible my friend. :wink:

i understand your optimism but hes gonna be a work in progress this year if he ever becomes a solid quarterback... Lets face if the only way the cardinals can be relevent is through the passing game.. Ther runing game has been the worst in the league the last few years and there defense seems good at causing to's but not at stopping people from marching all over them..

This year might be a year to root for the bears!!!!

matthughesfan21
10-15-2010, 07:19 PM
This year might be a year to root for the bears!!!!they are off to a good start with the exception of that disaster in NY...they need to get more consistent on the O-line to have any legitimate shot though, the D looks good and Cutler is good too if he can get time back there like he did before the NY game

J.B.
10-15-2010, 07:31 PM
i understand your optimism but hes gonna be a work in progress this year if he ever becomes a solid quarterback... Lets face if the only way the cardinals can be relevent is through the passing game.. Ther runing game has been the worst in the league the last few years and there defense seems good at causing to's but not at stopping people from marching all over them..

This year might be a year to root for the bears!!!!

Quite honestly...I'm not sold on very many teams at all this year.

This is the year of mediocrity in the league. It's the first time since 1970 that we don't have an undefeated team at this point in the season. The Cards have the luxury of being in a division that is rebuilding, and even if Hall is a work in progress, so is the rest of the NFC West.

The kid has a moxie about him that I like a lot. He may only be 6 foot tall and a rookie, but he has the confidence of a veteran big-man, and I like that. Last night they had him and OL Deuce Lutui on the Cards weekly radio show "Big Red Rage", and it was cool to see how much those two have connected with each other, both guys being from Mesa, and Deuce is pushing 350 so it's also funny to see them standing next to each other, lol...

Not to mention, I would rather hand the reigns over to Hall the rest of the season and watch him fail, knowing that he had a legit chance, rather than see Derek Anderson leave us in limbo with an 8-8 season and no idea where we should go from there. :laugh:

ufcfan2
10-16-2010, 02:02 AM
I really haven't been keeping up on 'Junkgate' and what Favre is or isnt doing. I'm just wondering why just now these allegations are coming up and not the 2 years ago when he played for the Jets??? Almost sounds like this was planned by the Jets :Whistle:

Bonnie
10-16-2010, 02:24 AM
I really haven't been keeping up on 'Junkgate' and what Favre is or isnt doing. I'm just wondering why just now these allegations are coming up and not the 2 years ago when he played for the Jets??? Almost sounds like this was planned by the Jets :Whistle:

That's what I thought too--a little too coincidental! :wink:

matthughesfan21
10-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Reports are that he admitted to leaving the voicemails during his hearing with NFL officials, but denied sending the pictures...Sterger is still not co-operating, NFL to wrap up the investigation sometime this week

Favre also has a stress fractures and avulsion fracture in his ankle, puts his ironman streak is jeopardy

Bonnie
10-26-2010, 05:39 PM
The timing of all of this is highly suspicious to me on the part of Sterger. I'm glad he admitted to the VMs (not glad he did it, but glad he's owning it). I hope he's telling the truth about not sending the pictures, and I really hope they don't suspend him and these ankle injuries don't keep him off the field.

matthughesfan21
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
The timing of all of this is highly suspicious to me on the part of Sterger. I'm glad he admitted to the VMs (not glad he did it, but glad he's owning it). I hope he's telling the truth about not sending the pictures, and I really hope they don't suspend him and these ankle injuries don't keep him off the field.On stergers part? She has had nothing to do with this, she wasn't having an affair with him, she wasn't the one who broke the news, she isn't co-operating because she doesn't want this taking over her life, she just wants to live her life and she has been thrust into this...It's not like she's a golddigger or something///She was harrassed by a player for the team she worked for, she just let it go, then it got reported by an outside source unrelated to her...She did nothing wrong at all

rockdawg21
10-26-2010, 08:07 PM
So...are we gonna talk about it?

This is my only comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCEaY099W4k

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bonnie
10-27-2010, 03:06 AM
On stergers part? She has had nothing to do with this, she wasn't having an affair with him, she wasn't the one who broke the news, she isn't co-operating because she doesn't want this taking over her life, she just wants to live her life and she has been thrust into this...It's not like she's a golddigger or something///She was harrassed by a player for the team she worked for, she just let it go, then it got reported by an outside source unrelated to her...She did nothing wrong at all

We don't know exactly what transpired between the two of them...unless you have some personal inside info the rest of us haven't been privy to. :unsure-1: Those VMs didn't just magically put themselves in the hands of that outside source. And, if he's telling the truth about the pictures then someone else put those out there to hurt him even worse by making this story even more salicious. As to harassment, nothing I heard on those VMs, I feel, could be claimed as harrassment. He made no lewd comments or suggestions like the messages Pat O'Brien and Bill O'Reilly left for those women. Unless they can prove he was the one to send the pictures, which would be considered lewd (not to mention disgusting), the VMs are the only thing they can hang him with. Of course, his wife might want to use his kibble-n-bits to hang him high.

I'm not defending his actions, not at all; call me cynical, but I don't think we've gotten the "whole" story which includes Ms. Sterger and any other players (as in other people) involved in this mess. I could be wrong, but like I said, the timing of all this stinks--2 years later, right before they're supposed to play the JETs, and his last season in football. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Also, hearing she got a lawyer, was exploring her "options", and in talks with Playboy, well, let's just say hearing that didn't inspire images of Snow White. :wink:

Just my thoughts. :)

Bonnie
10-27-2010, 03:08 AM
This is my only comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCEaY099W4k

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: You're terrible! :laugh:

Bonnie
10-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Just saw on Sports Center that unless Jen Sterger speaks/cooperates with investigators there isn't much the league can do to Farve.

J.B.
10-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Just saw on Sports Center that unless Jen Sterger speaks/cooperates with investigators there isn't much the league can do to Farve.

That's a bunch of hot-air in my opinion. Rothlisberger was suspended, and he was cleared of any wrongdoing by police. If the league really wanted to punish Favre, they could do it simply based on the information they already have. They would rather just leave it alone, and hope shots of cortisone in that ankle help him play through the pain and keep the streak alive.

Honestly, I think it's gonna end before the regular season anyway. The man can only step into the time-machine so many times, and last year he used up almost all of his chances to have the best season of his career. I think he will end up getting sidelined at some point, and the Vikings could be in for a very disappointing realization once they comes to grips with fact that the window of opportunity has started to close on that aging team.

matthughesfan21
10-27-2010, 07:56 PM
That's a bunch of hot-air in my opinion. Rothlisberger was suspended, and he was cleared of any wrongdoing by police. If the league really wanted to punish Favre, they could do it simply based on the information they already have. They would rather just leave it alone, and hope shots of cortisone in that ankle help him play through the pain and keep the streak alive.

Honestly, I think it's gonna end before the regular season anyway. The man can only step into the time-machine so many times, and last year he used up almost all of his chances to have the best season of his career. I think he will end up getting sidelined at some point, and the Vikings could be in for a very disappointing realization once they comes to grips with fact that the window of opportunity has started to close on that aging team.He will play on the ankle a week or two, but it will keep getting worse...I think they might have better success with a new face under center...He is just sucking the life out of that franchise right now

J.B.
10-27-2010, 08:31 PM
He will play on the ankle a week or two, but it will keep getting worse...I think they might have better success with a new face under center...He is just sucking the life out of that franchise right now

An injured and distracted Favre still gives them a better chance at winning over the long term than Tavaris Jackson. :laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-27-2010, 08:42 PM
An injured and distracted Favre still gives them a better chance at winning over the long term than Tavaris Jackson. :laugh:
I'm not so sure...That's a marriage gone terribly wrong at the moment

Tavaris is just as capable of throwing a pick six in the 4th quarter as Favre is...Favre is the master of it, but Tavaris has been waiting patiently to prove he can do the same:laugh:

Bonnie
10-27-2010, 08:45 PM

Honestly, I think it's gonna end before the regular season anyway. The man can only step into the time-machine so many times, and last year he used up almost all of his chances to have the best season of his career. I think he will end up getting sidelined at some point, and the Vikings could be in for a very disappointing realization once they comes to grips with fact that the window of opportunity has started to close on that aging team.

Well, since you mentioned the police...that's the difference between Farve and Rothlisberger there was a question of "legal" wrongdoing in Ben's case. From what I've read, the prosecuter "declined" to press charges against Rothlisberger. They'll do that if they feel like they don't have "enough" to prove their case; doesn't mean they don't think he didn't do it. But, you're right, for all intents and purposes he's in the clear. I just think their two situations are more like two different types of apples and won't necessarily be treated the same by the league. If the VMs are really all he sent (a married player trying to hook up with a woman who works in the same organization), they might be hesitant to punish him for that 'cause then they'd have to start policing for that type of conduct for a whole lot of players in these organizations. I don't know if they have a "no fraternization between employees" rule within the different football organizations and if he broke that or not, but I see this mainly as a case of a married man screwing around on his wife. Are they seriously going to start policing these guys' for cheating on their wives? If so, that'll be a never-ending job. :wink: I have a few thoughts on what his wife should do to him, but I wouldn't want her to get in legal trouble 'cause he's a louse. :punch:

On the football side of things, I hope he is able to play and isn't sidelined. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but I'd really like to see him and the Vikings make it all the way this season and win it. :)

J.B.
10-27-2010, 09:07 PM
Well, since you mentioned the police...that's the difference between Farve and Rothlisberger is that there was a question of "legal" wrongdoing in Ben's case. From what I've read, the prosecuter "declined" to press charges against Rothlisberger. They'll do that if they feel like they don't have "enough" to prove their case; doesn't mean they don't think he didn't do it. But, you're right, for all intents and purposes he's in the clear. I just think their two situations are more like two different types of apples and won't necessarily be treated the same by the league. If the VMs are really all he sent (a married player trying to hook up with a woman who works in the same organization), they might be hesitant to punish him for that 'cause then they'd have to start policing for that type of conduct for a whole lot of players in these organizations. I don't know if they have a "no fraternization between employees" rule within the different football organizations and if he broke that or not, but mainly I see this as a married man screwing around on his wife. I have a few thoughts on what his wife should do to him, but I wouldn't want her to get in legal trouble 'cause he's a louse. :wink:

On the football side of things, I hope he is able to play and isn't sidelined. I know it's probably a pipe dream, but I'd really like to see him and the Vikings make it all the way this season and win it. :)

Ben's case set the bar for the league to be able to go above and beyond what their personal conduct policy calls for in terms of punishing players for their off the field actions. The policy refers to "any violent/criminal activity", however it specifically lists that what is considered prohibited is "without limitation". Basically, that means that any conduct that is perceived as detrimental to the image of the NFL is subject to punishment via the PCP. Also, I hear ya Bonnie, but let's not kid ourselves about the pictures. If they weren't him, I think his wife would have said so by now.

If it were Darnell Dockett or some other lesser known star, and not Brett Favre, he would be getting punished by the league. I think it's a lot of things that factor in. I think ratings are a part of it, as well as Brett getting more of a pass because of his accomplishments, and no matter what anybody says I think the streak is a part of it too. Also, the league knows this is Favre's last season, maybe they feel like he's getting punished enough on the field every week considering how flat he and the Vikings have looked.

J.B.
10-27-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not so sure...That's a marriage gone terribly wrong at the moment

Tavaris is just as capable of throwing a pick six in the 4th quarter as Favre is...Favre is the master of it, but Tavaris has been waiting patiently to prove he can do the same:laugh:

Bonnie
10-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Ben's case set the bar for the league to be able to go above and beyond what their personal conduct policy calls for in terms of punishing players for their off the field actions. The policy refers to "any violent/criminal activity", however it specifically lists that what is considered prohibited is "without limitation". Basically, that means that any conduct that is perceived as detrimental to the image of the NFL is subject to punishment via the PCP. Also, I hear ya Bonnie, but let's not kid ourselves about the pictures. If they weren't him, I think his wife would have said so by now.

If it were Darnell Dockett or some other lesser known star, and not Brett Favre, he would be getting punished by the league. I think it's a lot of things that factor in. I think ratings are a part of it, as well as Brett getting more of a pass because of his accomplishments, and no matter what anybody says I think the streak is a part of it too. Also, the league knows this is Favre's last season, maybe they feel like he's getting punished enough on the field every week considering how flat he and the Vikings have looked.

I edited my post after you quoted where I comment on this type of conduct--married players doing stuff like this--and the enormity of the league policing something like this. I think they'll have to take these case-by-case on how detrimental they feel the situation is to the "image" of the NFL. Like I said, if it's just a case of a married player messing around on his wife and there's no legal wrongdoing involved, then, I don't know that they'd want to open THAT can of worms considering how many of these guys do this type of thing. You mention "not kidding ourselves". :wink: As to the pics, if I was his wife and knew it was him or not him, I wouldn't come out and publicly announce it, so I don't take her silence as a confirmation. I see no reason for her to come out publicly about this.

You see that kind of stuff all the time and not just in football. Do you think if you were caught with cocaine in your man-purse, you would be doing probation like Ms. Hilton. Life is full of inequities...

(btw, I don't think you carry a man-purse, that was just as an example :laugh:)

J.B.
10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I edited my post after you quoted where I comment on this type of conduct--married players doing stuff like this--and the enormity of the league policing something like this. I think they'll have to take these case-by-case on how detrimental they feel the situation is to the "image" of the NFL. Like I said, if it's just a case of a married player messing around on his wife and there's no legal wrongdoing involved, then, I don't know that they'd want to open THAT can of worms considering how many of these guys do this type of thing. You mention "not kidding ourselves". :wink: As to the pics, if I was his wife and knew it was him or not him, I wouldn't come out and publicly announce it, so I don't take her silence as a confirmation. I see no reason for her to come out publicly about this.

You see that kind of stuff all the time and not just in football. Do you think if you were caught with cocaine in your man-purse, you would be doing probation like Ms. Hilton. Life is full of inequities...

(btw, I don't think you carry a man-purse, that was just as an example :laugh:)

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time the issue isn't really so much about him specifically cheating on his wife as it is about him being at the center of controversy that reflects poorly on the league. Again, going back to Rothlisberger, he wasn't suspended because they thought he did anything criminal, it was because he put himself in a bad situation and Roger Goodell felt Ben needed to learn better decision making skills because he had been in trouble before.

Same goes for Favre in terms of being at the center of controversy that reflects poorly on the league. In fact, Brett Favre has been THE controversy over the last few years. He has played games in the media, and made a mockery of off-season preparation to further his own personal accomplishments. I give the guy credit for how he played last year, but there comes a time when you are just holding teams back for your own selfish reasons and Brett has crossed that line a few times in recent years.

As for his wife and the pictures, I honestly do think she would have said something. If not her, then he would have. There is no way they would just let those pictures circulate without saying something if they weren't real. If somebody were saying pictures of me weren't actually me, I would be crying foul. Heck, even when people get caught in legitimate scandalous pictures that clearly show their face, a lot of times they try to claim it's been photshopped. I just can't believe that he or his wife wouldn't have said, "that's not my penis", if that were not the case. When you are a major celebrity silence may be best in some cases, but not in a case like this unless you are actually guilty.

It is true that we see special treatment in all facets of life, and in some cases it's actually justified. Here, I think the league would be right to set an example and take action. That girl wasn't just some girl at a hotel. She was a beat writer for the team which can create a hostile work environment, and she could have easily went and filed a sexual harassment suit against Favre and the Jets at the time.

Bonnie
10-27-2010, 11:10 PM
I get what you're saying about their actions reflecting negatively back on the league.

As for Jenn Sterger, I could definitely see where that could put her in a very bad position. If she did file a suit, her career could be harmed (a very real possibility for a woman in a male-dominated field), and if she doesn't, that could come back to bite her (like now) to make people wonder why she didn't at the time. I don't mean to make her out as the bad guy here. She truly may have done nothing to spur his interest and advances. It's just that usually that is not the case with these situations (it's usually a two-way deal). She may have no obligation to talk with the league investigators, but they may not feel comfortable taking action against him without hearing from her.

He played his part in getting himself in this mess; I just don't know if she or anyone else were more involved than they're willing to admit to publicly.

J.B.
10-27-2010, 11:26 PM
He played his part in getting himself in this mess; I just don't know if she or anyone else were more involved than they're willing to admit to publicly.

Absolutely, we don't know ALL the details. For all we know, it could have been an ex-friend or ex-boyfriend who she told about the messages and he/she leaked them to the press. Maybe she actually DID do something with Brett and she doesn't want him to get in any trouble?

All of that stuff aside, and simply from the NFL standpoint, I would lean towards the side of a fine and possible suspension in the interest of fairness.

Bonnie
10-28-2010, 02:31 AM
Absolutely, we don't know ALL the details. For all we know, it could have been an ex-friend or ex-boyfriend who she told about the messages and he/she leaked them to the press. Maybe she actually DID do something with Brett and she doesn't want him to get in any trouble?

All of that stuff aside, and simply from the NFL standpoint, I would lean towards the side of a fine and possible suspension in the interest of fairness.

I think at this point, a fine would be appropriate. They could always suspend him later if they find out he lied to them about the pics...if the season isn't over yet. If his ankle is all messed up, it might be a moot point anyway.

J.B.
10-28-2010, 02:43 AM
I think at this point, a fine would be appropriate. They could always suspend him later if they find out he lied to them about the pics...if the season isn't over yet. If his ankle is all mess up, it might be a moot point anyway.

I wanna say too, I know were you are coming from Bonnie, and I'm not trying to intentionally dump on the guy too hard.

I am a fan of a LOT of athletes that have made big-time mistakes, WAYYYY bigger than Favre's, and I am also NOT rooting for him to be side-lined. As a fan of football, I want to see that streak go on forever. It truly is remarkable what he has accomplished, and while I've never been his biggest supporter, I always respect the great ones. I also don't like to play on people's downfall too much, it's just not classy (even though I know I've done it many times). It's one thing when a team or a fighter talks a bunch of crap like Chael Sonnen and then gets owned, but there comes a point when enough is enough and you gotta let up.

matthughesfan21
10-28-2010, 02:49 AM
I want to see that streak go on forever. It truly is remarkable what he has accomplished, and while I've never been his biggest supporter, I always respect the great ones. I also don't like to play on people's downfall too much
That streak will end this year or next, and then Peyton Manning has it in his sights...He has started every single game since he was drafted, and he is a better player also

What about when those downfall's are completely self-inflicted?

J.B.
10-28-2010, 03:01 AM
That streak will end this year or next, and then Peyton Manning has it in his sights...He has started every single game since he was drafted, and he is a better player also

What about when those downfall's are completely self-inflicted?

I think the streak ends in the next 3 weeks, and there will NOT be a "next season" for Brett Favre...but like I said, speaking as fan of the sport I don't care to see it end. That is way more epic than Cal Ripken's steak in Baseball, and it's not even close. Manning could do it, and by all accounts he IS a better QB than Favre. I wouldn't argue with Manning being top 5 QB's of all-time when he retires.

When it comes to downfalls being self-inflicted, obviously each situation is judged differently. However, we are all sinners. I like to see people redeem themselves and I don't try to take joy in watching somebody completely unravel, no matter how much I dislike them personally. I'm not saying that you do, I'm just speaking from my personal perspective.

matthughesfan21
10-28-2010, 03:06 AM
I think the streak ends in the next 3 weeks, and there will NOT be a "next season" for Brett Favre...but like I said, speaking as fan of the sport I don't care to see it end. That is way more epic than Cal Ripken's steak in Baseball, and it's not even close. Manning could do it, and by all accounts he IS a better QB than Favre. I wouldn't argue with Manning being top 5 QB's of all-time when he retires.

When it comes to downfalls being self-inflicted, obviously each situation is judged differently. However, we are all sinners. I like to see people redeem themselves and I don't try to take joy in watching somebody completely unravel, no matter how much I dislike them personally. I'm not saying that you do, I'm just speaking from my personal perspective.
of course it won't be a cakewalk for Manning to do it, but there is no reason to believe he won't....

I don't like seeing it from most people, it just depends on what they did...If Favre wasn't married, I wouldn't care what he did

J.B.
10-28-2010, 03:16 AM
of course it won't be a cakewalk for Manning to do it, but there is no reason to believe he won't....

I don't like seeing it from most people, it just depends on what they did...If Favre wasn't married, I wouldn't care what he did

Manning could definitely do it, and I would love to see it. I think with Favre though, I would like to see him get at least hit 300, because 291-299 is just a weird number...lol

I hear ya man and, like I said to Bonnie, I've been fans of a lot of athletes who have messed up big-time. I'm not a fan of their actions, but I am a fan of seeing them walk the line and get back to the top. Michael Vick is a perfect example.

matthughesfan21
10-28-2010, 03:18 AM
Manning could definitely do it, and I would love to see it. I think with Favre though, I would like to see him get at least hit 300, because 291-299 is just a weird number...lol

I hear ya man and, like I said to Bonnie, I've been fans of a lot of athletes who have messed up big-time. I'm not a fan of their actions, but I am a fan of seeing them walk the line and get back to the top. Michael Vick is a perfect example.yeah, i would like 300 as well

I'm totally willing to forgive them if they deserve it, but with favre, he's not going to have to take responsibility for his actions, slap on the wrist and keep on living your life, so I won't be able to forgive him that easily because he won't have to earn it...I've forgiven Vick for the most part even though I hated him a few years ago, but he has cleaned up and did his time and shut up and worked hard to rebuild himself...I can respect that

J.B.
10-28-2010, 03:41 AM
he has cleaned up and did his time and shut up and worked hard to rebuild himself...I can respect that

Prison tends to humble people. :wink:

matthughesfan21
10-28-2010, 03:50 AM
Prison tends to humble people. :wink:Yeah, if Bubba in the shower can't straighten you out, nothing can:laugh:

J.B.
10-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Yeah, if Bubba in the shower can't straighten you out, nothing can:laugh:

How convenient is it that Bubba is in EVERY prison in the world?

That guy is WAY more impressive than Santa Claus....but nobody like what he delivers...unless they are, ummm, ya know....

matthughesfan21
10-28-2010, 05:04 AM
How convenient is it that Bubba is in EVERY prison in the world?

That guy is WAY more impressive than Santa Claus....

Well we as a country put enough people in prison, the odds are high to have a good number of Bubba's :laugh:

J.B.
10-28-2010, 05:08 AM
Well we as a country put enough people in prison, the odds are high to have a good number of Bubba's :laugh:

Yeah, but it seems Bubba himself resides in every prison... :ninja:

Don't ask me, ask your butt-hole. :laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Don't ask me, ask your butt-hole. :laugh:
He wouldn't know the answer, I haven't been to prison so he is oblivious...Ask Jerome or Sergio or Billy Bob

J.B.
10-29-2010, 12:39 AM
He wouldn't know the answer, I haven't been to prison so he is oblivious...Ask Jerome or Sergio or Billy Bob

Bonnie
10-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Bubba and The Butts

Great name for a band....somewhere. :laugh:

Neezar
10-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah, if Bubba in the shower can't straighten you out, nothing can:laugh:

Crisco
10-30-2010, 11:30 PM
I would love a picture of Brett Favre's penis and I'm not even gay.
Dudes a future hall of famer.

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 05:18 AM
I would love a picture of Brett Favre's penis and I'm not even gay.
Dudes a future hall of famer.

What do they do for the HOF, hang up their picture? :scared0011:

Maybe Madame Tussauds could do a replica. :laugh:

J.B.
10-31-2010, 05:24 AM
What do they do for the HOF, hang up their picture? :scared0011:

Maybe Madame Tussauds could do a replica. :laugh:

Actually, you get a bronze bust...

here is a cool video of Canton...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqLf9779Ubw

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 05:32 AM
Actually, you get a bronze bust...

That was my first thought...bronze it, baby! :laugh:

J/K

That video was really neat. That was pretty cool, all the bronze busts together like that. :cool:

J.B.
10-31-2010, 05:35 AM

It would take about as much bronze as there is in an Olympic medal, to which there is a considerable amount of irony.

:rolleyes:

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 06:17 AM

J/K

That video was really neat. That was pretty cool, all the bronze busts together like that. :cool:

Somehow I missed seeing your link to the HOF, JB, before my initial post so I quoted my edit for ya. I really enjoyed seeing that. Thanks for posting it. :)

J.B.
10-31-2010, 06:19 AM
Somehow I missed seeing your link to the HOF, JB, before my initial post so I quoted my edit for ya. I really enjoyed seeing that. Thanks for posting it. :)

it's all good :cool:

I actually edited my post to include that link, so you were probably posting when I edited...lol

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 06:23 AM
it's all good :cool:

I actually edited my post to include that link, so you were probably posting when I edited...lol

I did wonder how in the world I missed it! :laugh:

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 06:28 AM
It would take about as much bronze as there is in an Olympic medal, to which there is a considerable amount of irony.

You're a guy so you would know better than me... :laugh:

J.B.
10-31-2010, 06:43 AM

It's not about being a guy, I saw the pictures. :drunk:

we will leave this part of the discussion at that... :laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Maybe Madame Tussauds could do a replica. :laugh:Great idea! it won't take her long and she would save a ton of money on wax, it will be her smallest project to date

matthughesfan21
10-31-2010, 06:52 AM

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 07:01 AM

It's not about being a guy, I saw the pictures. :drunk:

we will leave this part of the discussion at that... :laugh:

I assumed you did see the pictures; so did I. :laugh:

Btw, are you saying seeing them drove you to drink. :laugh:

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Great idea! it won't take her long and she would save a ton of money on wax, it will be her smallest project to date

Ouch! Boy, you guys are hard on a fella. :laugh:

J.B.
10-31-2010, 07:08 AM
I assumed you did see the pictures; so did I. :laugh:

Btw, are you saying seeing them drove you to drink. :laugh:

Lol..this is why I love your posts Bonnie...:laugh:

No, life in general drives me to want to drink, but that was just the best smiley I could find to replicate my facial expression upon viewing what is "said to be" Favre's beef braciole...It was meant to imply a feeling of sickness and disorientation. :laugh:

J.B.
10-31-2010, 07:12 AM
Ouch! Boy, you guys are hard on a fella. :laugh:

At least we are not as soft as he was in those pictures. :laugh:

J.B.
10-31-2010, 07:14 AM
okay...I think a mod needs to lock this thread...

the Favre sausage talk has gotten out of hand.

I am ashamed at the monster I have created...:rolleyes:

however, I will keep contributing to the hilarity until a mod steps in....:laugh:

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 08:17 AM

okay...I think a mod needs to lock this thread...

the Favre sausage talk has gotten out of hand.

I am ashamed at the monster I have created...:rolleyes:

however, I will keep contributing to the hilarity until a mod steps in....:laugh:

O-M-Gosh! :laugh: You give me so much material to work with! :laugh: I need a lock on my mind. :ashamed:

I better get out of this thread before you really get me in trouble! :laugh:

matthughesfan21
10-31-2010, 05:48 PM

:scared0011::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bonnie
10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
:w00t: This thread is still ALIVE! :laugh:

Thanks, Derek. :laugh:

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Brett got hurt in the 4th quarter against the Patriots and had to leave the game. :cry: Luckily it looks like he just needed some stiches, but that was a hard hit (one of several). I imagine he's going to have one sore chin/jaw. Jimmy Johnson said, "I'll say this about Brett, he's a warrior; he's one of the toughest players I've ever seen."

Quite frankly I don't know how Brett has lasted this long with the little to no protection he's getting from his offense. When Tarvaris Jackson took over today he ended up getting sacked. On the flip side, the defense keeps giving the opposing team's QB all the time in the world to throw. :blink:

Anyway, the Vikings lost 18-28. :wink: JJ seems to think if their offense starts protecting Brett, he'll be able to play and that the Vikings still have a chance to be in it. :unsure:

matthughesfan21
11-01-2010, 01:52 AM
Anyway, the Vikings lost 35-38. :wink: huh? it was 28-18

J.B.
11-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Well, you don't start 292 games in a row without being a tough SOB.

However, I honestly wouldn't be too upset if the streak ended now, because the Cards need every break they can get with as bad as their QB's have been playing and they are playing in Minnesota next week. If Favre does play, I'm sure that Darnell Dockett, Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes, and Calais Campbell will be happy to knock the snot out the old man. I'm also sure that since Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was silent this week, you can expect him to come up big against Favre and get at least one interception.

Arizona's defense and special teams is legit. If we still had Kurt Warner, this team would probably be 5-2 right now. It just sucks when a team's only hole is at QB, because that's the single most important position.

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 02:21 AM
huh? it was 28-18

I know, I went and corrected it after I realized I had the wrong score with the wrong team; I was thinking of the Cardinals game--Fox went to that game right after the Vikings. :)

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Well, you don't start 292 games in a row without being a tough SOB.

However, I honestly wouldn't be too upset if the streak ended now, because the Cards need every break they can get with as bad as their QB's have been playing and they are playing in Minnesota next week. If Favre does play, I'm sure that Darnell Dockett, Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes, and Calais Campbell will be happy to knock the snot out the old man. I'm also sure that since Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was silent this week, you can expect him to come up big against Favre and get at least one interception.

Arizona's defense and special teams is legit. If we still had Kurt Warner, this team would probably be 5-2 right now. It just sucks when a team's only hole is at QB, because that's the single most important position.

:punch:

We'll see, mister!

Brett can obviously still throw and throw long. Sure he's thrown some interceptions, but look how rushed he is because he continually gets no real protection. I'm really wondering about Childress, the coach. Someone's falling down on the job somewhere in several different areas of their game. And look at the calls they get penalized for (too many guys on the field, in the wrong order, etc, etc....; they shouldn't be making such da mistakes. Where's the right stuff that got them to the championships last season. :blink:

Honestly, last week, I think the Vikings got robbed with some of those calls. Childress had a real gripe there. That win was theirs! :angry:

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Hey, wait a minute! :laugh: I just now realized you're back JB. :laugh:

I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out long. :laugh:

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 02:58 AM
Speaking of Kurt Warner, that man's hands are like the size of plates! Supersize! :laugh: I'm lov'n him on DWTS. I can see why he was such a fan favorite--great personality and great attitude! :cool:

J.B.
11-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Kurt needs to quit dancing with the stars and start dancing with the Cardinals again. :laugh:

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 04:40 AM
Kurt needs to quit dancing with the stars and start dancing with the Cardinals again. :laugh:

Hey he's learning how to tango and jive. He'd probably be an even better QB now with even better moves. :laugh:

logrus
11-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I would rather have the one foot Favre over both Cardinal quarterbacks any day lol .

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I would rather have the one foot Favre over both Cardinal quarterbacks any day lol .

:happy0159:

J.B.
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Because when you wanna watch your team throw 3 interceptions, it might as well be from the man who revolutionized the move...:cool:

logrus
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Because when you wanna watch your team throw 3 interceptions, it might as well be from the man who revolutionized the move...:cool:

Hey everyone needs a master and those two are learning well. 5 TDs and 12 INTs combined. Age wise combined they only have about 10 yrs on Favre too :laugh::laugh:

Has been a lot of Ints this year though.

J.B.
11-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Looks like Brett has one less target to throw too...

Randy Moss just got waived this morning.

matthughesfan21
11-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Looks like Brett has one less target to throw too...

Randy Moss just got waived this morning.
Not surprising, he has been dogging it during games and has a **** attitude

J.B.
11-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Not surprising, he has been dogging it during games and has a **** attitude

I know everybody thinks he held back on that long pass from Favre, but I don't see that when I watch the replay.

I think it's very surprising, because the Vikings basically wasted a draft pick. Childress should be fired.

logrus
11-01-2010, 10:28 PM
I know everybody thinks he held back on that long pass from Favre, but I don't see that when I watch the replay.

I think it's very surprising, because the Vikings basically wasted a draft pick. Childress should be fired.

I feel differently, I think 99% of the players out in passing routes would have made an effort on the ball. I think 99.5% of the players on defense in the same situation lay out for the ball.

What do you think Fitz does in that same situation. 100% feel that he would go for broke and fly for that ball. Randy quick happy for the flag. He doesnt play every down and much like T.O quits on ost routes because hes dbl or triple coveraged when guys like Fitz or Jennigs try to break it on every play.

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 10:49 PM

Wow! This was only his 3rd game with them. :blink: Maybe what he said yesterday about how he wasn't going to talk to the press anymore this season... You think he was trying to get fired? His waived the same thing as fired? :unsure-1:

They were covering him pretty good these last two games so he didn't get a lot of balls thrown his way. Which long pass are y'all talking about? Was it in yesterday's game? :unsure-1: I taped it but haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing yet; I was getting ready for trick-or-treaters so was watching hit and miss.

And what happens now, is he a free agent--any team can pick him up?

Bonnie
11-01-2010, 11:03 PM

Like Logrus mentioned, there've been a lot of interceptions thrown by some good quarterbacks so far this season, not just Favre. Yeah, some of his throws weren't wise, but a lot of the others was him going for it or the receiver wasn't "aware enough" and the opposing player jumped in front and nabbed it. In yesterday's game, that wasn't Brett's fault; the ball bounced out/off of Harvin's arms right into the other guy's hands. :wink: Plus, for some reason yesterday, the Vikings were having trouble getting their hands on (and keeping them on) the Patriots' ball carriers to stop them. :unsure:

They said Drew Brees threw 4 interceptions in last week's game and look how great he threw yesterday. The last one he threw (I think it was the last one) was sweet, a bullseye right between two Steelers. :laugh:

Btw, I've heard some others say the same thing about Childress being fired. I think it was unprofessional and inappropriate the way he talked about Brett after the GB game. :angry: He had a right to be upset with quite a few of those calls, but he screwed up in not tossing his red rag on that one GB touchdown...big mistake! :punch:

J.B.
11-02-2010, 02:20 AM
If you watch the play, Moss got tripped up and almost fell on his face. Had that not happened, Moss would have likely been in perfect stride to catch the ball. By the time he regains his balance and looks up refs had flags flying in the air from all sides and he had to turn and refocus to even see where the ball was. It all happened so fast, I think it's ridiculous for people to act as if Moss was tanking it.

You mentioned Fitzgerald, Logrus, and it made me remember I just heard an interview with Larry talking about Moss a couple hours ago. Larry is from Minnesota and he was a ball boy for the Vikings when he was a kid (Chris Carter is also a close friend of Larry's family). He said that Randy doesn't get the proper respect he deserves around the league, and too ofter people look at numbers without telling the whole story. When Moss wasn't catching TD's, he was opening up the coverage so other guys like Wes Welker, or now Percy Harvin actually could.

J.B.
11-02-2010, 02:21 AM
Like Logrus mentioned, there've been a lot of interceptions thrown by some good quarterbacks so far this season, not just Favre.

But Favre has thrown the most ever. :wink:

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 02:36 AM
But Favre has thrown the most ever. :wink:

Well, shouldn't that "ever" be balanced then against all the great stuff he's done in football including all the records he holds and/or has broken? :unsure:

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 02:46 AM
If you watch the play, Moss got tripped up and almost fell on his face. Had that not happened, Moss would have likely been in perfect stride to catch the ball. By the time he regains his balance and looks up refs had flags flying in the air from all sides and he had to turn and refocus to even see where the ball was. It all happened so fast, I think it's ridiculous for people to act as if Moss was tanking it.

You mentioned Fitzgerald, Logrus, and it made me remember I just heard an interview with Larry talking about Moss a couple hours ago. Larry is from Minnesota and he was a ball boy for the Vikings when he was a kid (Chris Carter is also a close friend of Larry's family). He said that Randy doesn't get the proper respect he deserves around the league, and too ofter people look at numbers without telling the whole story. When Moss wasn't catching TD's, he was opening up the coverage so other guys like Wes Welker, or now Percy Harvin actually could.

Oh, I did see that when he got tripped up, but I did wonder if he would have kept going if he might have caught the ball. Right after that I think I heard the commentator say something about it being a smart move on Randy's part for some reason.... (I can't remember the rest). Maybe one of you guys heard/remember? :unsure-1:

J.B.
11-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Well, shouldn't that "ever" be balanced then against all the great stuff he's done in football including all the records he holds and/or has broken? :unsure:

Of course, the guy is a legend, I would never deny that.

Still, I grew up in Chicago, and a part of me has always been, and always will be a Bears fan. So, needless to say, I enjoy taking a stab at Favre from time to time.

J.B.
11-02-2010, 02:54 AM
Oh, I did see that when he got tripped up, but I did wonder if he would have kept going if he might have caught the ball. Right after that I think I heard the commentator say something about it being a smart move on Randy's part for some reason.... (I can't remember the rest). Maybe one of you guys heard/remember? :unsure-1:

He may have caught it if he didn't stop, but it happened really fast. When I watch the replay, it looks like he stops because he sees the flags and thinks the play is dead right as he regains his balance, then he turns and sees the ball hitting the ground. Okay...maybe he could have dove for it, but what if he gets injured diving for it on a play that he already knew was dead? He wouldn't be much help to the team from the sidelines, and those kind of thoughts go through the heads of players all the time when it comes to diving for catches.

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Of course, the guy is a legend, I would never deny that.

Still, I grew up in Chicago, and a part of me has always been, and always will be a Bears fan. So, needless to say, I enjoy taking a stab at Favre from time to time.

Why, did he win a lot of games against them? I don't know all the history...

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 03:08 AM
He may have caught it if he didn't stop, but it happened really fast. When I watch the replay, it looks like he stops because he sees the flags and thinks the play is dead right as he regains his balance, then he turns and sees the ball hitting the ground. Okay...maybe he could have dove for it, but what if he gets injured diving for it on a play that he already knew was dead? He wouldn't be much help to the team from the sidelines, and those kind of thoughts go through the heads of players all the time when it comes to diving for catches.

Baseball players do it all the time. :unsure:

I thought even though a flag has been thrown, they're taught to keep going like in the instance when they think a ball is dead but it's not--cause they don't know yet why the flag was thrown, right?

J.B.
11-02-2010, 03:58 AM

Let's just say this...

When Favre first decided to come back out of retirement, I have a lot of friends in Chicago who wanted to see Favre get traded to the Bears so the O-line could lay down and let the defense crush him. :laugh:

I'm dead serious too.

J.B.
11-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Baseball players do it all the time. :unsure:

I thought even though a flag has been thrown, they're taught to keep going like in the instance when they think a ball is dead but it's not--cause they don't know yet why the flag was thrown, right?

Yes, they are taught that, but in this case it was pretty easy to see that he got tripped up and didn't know where the ball was. He could have thought the ball had already hit the ground when he finally regained his balance and saw the flags. In that split second he hesitated, looked back, and the ball was hitting the ground. It happened in an instant, and while I can see where some people may say he could have tried harder, I will give a guy like Moss the benefit of the doubt considering how many times he has thrown himself out there.

logrus
11-02-2010, 05:02 AM
I think he quit on the play once he saw the flags. After he got tripped up he really mad no effort to track and go get the ball. He even started to put up his hands before he said the hell with it. I dunno though, the ball fell less then a yard to his right. Besides how does PI at the 20 result in the ball being at the 8.

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 05:47 AM

Let's just say this...

When Favre first decided to come back out of retirement, I have a lot of friends in Chicago who wanted to see Favre get traded to the Bears so the O-line could lay down and let the defense crush him. :laugh:

I'm dead serious too.

:scared0011:

I'll take that as a big YES! :laugh:

Yes, they are taught that, but in this case it was pretty easy to see that he got tripped up and didn't know where the ball was. He could have thought the ball had already hit the ground when he finally regained his balance and saw the flags. In that split second he hesitated, looked back, and the ball was hitting the ground. It happened in an instant, and while I can see where some people may say he could have tried harder, I will give a guy like Moss the benefit of the doubt considering how many times he has thrown himself out there.

He who hesitates gets waived. :ninja:

Btw, who decides that, the owner, the coach? :unsure-1:

J.B.
11-02-2010, 05:58 AM
He who hesitates gets waived. :ninja:

Btw, who decides that, the owner, the coach? :unsure-1:

It's typically a decision that is collectively made by the coaches, general managers, and sometimes the owners.

However, I am going to assume you are either joking or don't know much about Randy Moss when you say "he who hesitates gets waived". :laugh:

Moss is a first ballot Hall of Famer, no question about it. Brett Favre has been crying to play with Moss for years, and he finally got him. Now, after one play and a couple statements we are supposed think it's no big deal that they cut him? They gave up a 3rd round draft pick for the guy, and to those who think a 3rd round pick is no big deal, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

This is who they cut after trading a draft pick away and while they have 2-6 record....

* Most touchdown receptions in a season - 23 (2007)
* Most touchdown receptions by a rookie in a season - 17 (1998)
* Most seasons with 17 or more touchdown receptions - 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
* Most seasons with 16 or more touchdown receptions - 3 (1998, 2003, 2007)
* Most seasons with 11 or more touchdown receptions - 8 - tied with Jerry Rice
* Most seasons with 10 or more touchdown receptions - 9 - tied with Jerry Rice
* Most games in a season with at least 2 touchdown receptions - 8 (2007)
* Only player to have 1,600 receiving yards and 16 receiving touchdowns in a season (2003)
* Most yards receiving in a Pro Bowl game - 212 (2000)
* Most touchdowns scored in first 10 games with a new team - 16 (2007)
* Most 1,200+ yard receiving seasons to start a career - 6 (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
* Moss has averaged at least one receiving touchdown per game played in four different seasons: 1998 (17 TDs in 16 games), 2003 (17 in 16), 2004 (13 in 13), and 2007 (23 in 16)[73]
* At the end of the 2008 season, Moss averaged 12.3 receiving TDs per season
* Four 100+ yard games in his first four games with a new team in 2007
* Youngest player in NFL history to record his 100th receiving touchdown - (29 years and 235 days)
* Youngest player in NFL history to record his 120th receiving touchdown - (30 years, 313 days)
* Fastest player to reach 5,000 career receiving yards - 59 games (broke record of 61 games by Jerry Rice)
* Highest career yards per catch average for any player with 900+ receptions - 15.6 yards per reception
* Youngest player to have 3 touchdown receptions in a game (21 years, 286 days)

# 7 Pro Bowl selection (1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2009)
# 4 All-Pro selection (1998, 2000, 2003, 2007)
# 2 First-team All-American (1996, 1997)
# NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
# PFWA Comeback Player of the Year (2007)
# Pro Bowl MVP (2000)
# NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (1998)
# Fred Biletnikoff Award (1997)
# Paul Warfield Trophy (1997)
# Parade All-American (1994)

Looks like Brock Lesnar's Viking War-Ship isn't the only one that is going down in flames right now...lol

Favre will retire and Childress will be fired, it's a lock.

logrus
11-02-2010, 06:05 AM
It's typically a decision that is collectively made by the coaches, general managers, and sometimes the owners.

However, I am going to assume you are either joking or don't know much about Randy Moss when you say "he who hesitates gets waived". :laugh:

Moss is a first ballot Hall of Famer, no question about it. Brett Favre has been crying to play with Moss for years, and he finally got him. Now, after one play and a couple statements we are supposed think it's no big deal that they cut him? They gave up a 3rd round draft pick for the guy, and to those who think a 3rd round pick is no big deal, Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

This is who they cut after trading a draft pick away and while they have 2-6 record....

Looks like Brock Lesnar's Viking War-Ship isn't the only one that is going down in flames right now...lol

Should be a

* First First ballot Hall of Famer to be released by 2 teams in less then a month... :Whistle:

Anyways Childress is an idiot, challenging a catch that was as plain as day lol.

J.B.
11-02-2010, 06:09 AM
This is another reason why I love the NFL...

Every week we see something completely crazy, and a team or player, or coach does something completely stupid. From September until the end of January it's nothing but drama. Last week it was helmet to helmet hits, this week it's back to the latest in the Favre/Vikings saga.

J.B.
11-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Should be a

* First First ballot Hall of Famer to be released by 2 teams in less then a month... :Whistle:

Anyways Childress is an idiot, challenging a catch that was as plain as day lol.

Traded and released are two different things, and if we weren't already stacked at WR I would love to have Moss here in Arizona.

Hell, maybe the Cardinals should call him anyway, I'm sure he could QB as well as Anderson or Hall at this point, and if all else fails we could just run variations of the wildcat....:rolleyes:

Childress is already checking the local newspapers for jobs, he's toast.

logrus
11-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Traded and released are two different things, and if we weren't already stacked at WR I would love to have Moss here in Arizona.

Hell, maybe the Cardinals should call him anyway, I'm sure he could QB as well as Anderson or Hall at this point, and if all else fails we could just run variations of the wildcat....:rolleyes:

Childress is already checking the local newspapers for jobs, he's toast.

Why did he even leave the Pats anyways, more money along with Brady?

He will be a Cowboy anyways lol. :laugh:

Maybe he should help Wade while hes at it..

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 08:38 AM

Favre will retire and Childress will be fired, it's a lock.

You are correct on both counts, but I was joking. :laugh: Really impressive record. From what I read Randy was praising the Patriots and their coach to high heaven and bashing his own team for not listening to him about playing the Patriots. That's probably what did it, don't you think? They probably should have listened to him, but you don't come out and say that about the team and coaches you're playing for even if it is the truth.

Btw, why did he leave the Patriots or why did they trade such an awesome player?

I'd be really shocked if Brett didn't retire after this season.

As to Childress, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Why did he even leave the Pats anyways, more money along with Brady?

He will be a Cowboy anyways lol. :laugh:

Maybe he should help Wade while hes at it..

What do you think...going the way of Childress....goodbye....farewell?

J.B.
11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
You are correct on both counts, but I was joking. :laugh: Really impressive record. From what I read Randy was praising the Patriots and their coach to high heaven and bashing his own team for not listening to him about playing the Patriots. That's probably what did it, don't you think? They probably should have listened to him, but you don't come out and say that about the team and coaches you're playing for even if it is the truth.

Btw, why did he leave the Patriots or why did they trade such an awesome player?

I'd be really shocked if Brett didn't retire after this season.

As to Childress, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go.

Well, Randy started his career in Minnesota, and this was supposed to be like a big homecoming with Favre being the icing on the cake. So I don't think Randy was intentionally trying to snub Minnesota by praising the Patriots. He literally just left that team, so it's understandable that he would show love to those guys he had been playing with for 3 years.

As far as bashing Childress, the guy deserves it because he is a dunce. Nobody in the Vikings locker-room has any respect for him, and they were saying on ESPN that there is still a chance that Childress did this without consulting the rest of the front office, and they could be wondering WTF, like the rest of us with a working brain. Plus, even if it has only been one month, the way this was handled was just completely disrespectful to not only a Hall of Fame player in the NFL, but Moss is a legendary player for the Vikings themselves. It's unbelievable.

We don't really know WHY New England traded Randy. They gave him a ton of praise publicly, but there was obviously something behind the scenes that was causing friction, and a decline in numbers made it time to sell before the bottom completely drops out of his stock. Ironically, the Patriots are considering bringing him back, which would mean the Vikings literally HANDED the Pats a draft pick...I would run Childress out of town with a giant angry mob of people...

:mad0233:

logrus
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Moss has a great list of stats but it seems to be missing a few years in the middle. What about his awesome stint with DA RAIDERS!!! lol

I think Brad and Wade are both out of a job this year. Both made some dumb moves and both lost the respect of the locker room.

Bonnie
11-02-2010, 05:44 PM
I wonder what Brett and the rest of the Viking players think of Randy being let go especially when they are already struggling to hang in there. Whatever the reason this was done, the timing is lousy. It just seems like a spontaneous decision maybe made in the heat of the moment and not very professional.

:wacko:

Bonnie
11-04-2010, 12:38 AM
I missed seeing Coach Childress at his press conference, but caught a little of Brett's. Hopefully, I'll catch the coach's later, maybe they'll repeat it.

So what do y'all think of all this fuss about Moss and the caterer? Sure it was rude, but surely Childress didn't fire him over that. :unsure:

Just saw where the Tennessee Titans picked up Randy Moss.

matthughesfan21
11-04-2010, 01:17 AM
I missed seeing Coach Childress at his press conference, but caught a little of Brett's. Hopefully, I'll catch the coach's later, maybe they'll repeat it.

So what do y'all think of all this fuss about Moss and the caterer? Sure it was rude, but surely Childress didn't fire him over that. :unsure:

Just saw where the Tennessee Titans picked up Randy Moss.
The anoynomous players said it was a bad situation and unacceptable DIva like behavior from Moss, and the food was really good so he had no right to behave that way

That isn't the main reason this all happened, culmination of a variety of things(attitude and on-field effort and performance)

Of course they will repeat it, its ESPN, they repeat everything 4000 times

Bonnie
11-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Well, JB, saw where your Cardinals lost. :sad:

but....

the good news is the Vikings won! :happydancing:

Ya know I'm just tweaking ya. :) But I have to be happy for my team. :)

For some reason they didn't air that game. :angry: I wonder how they decide which games they will show? :unsure-1:

Anyway, looks like it came down to the wire and OT so either team could have gotten it. Was just watching one of the ESPNs and they said looks like good possibility Brad Childress might lose his job. They also said him and Percy Harvin almost got into a physical altercation Friday. Yeah, I'd say he's lost his locker room (even though last week he claimed he didn't know what that meant :rolleyes:). :wink:

Sounds like it was an exciting game. And, Brett passed for 446 yards! :w00t: Let's hope this is the beginning of the turnaround.....hopefully. :)

matthughesfan21
11-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Well, JB, saw where your Cardinals lost. :sad:

but....

the good news is the Vikings won! :happydancing:

Ya know I'm just tweaking ya. :) But I have to be happy for my team. :)

For some reason they didn't air that game. :angry: I wonder how they decide which games they will show? :unsure-1:

Anyway, looks like it came down to the wire and OT so either team could have gotten it. Was just watching one of the ESPNs and they said looks like good possibility Brad Childress might lose his job. They also said him and Percy Harvin almost got into a physical altercation Friday. Yeah, I'd say he's lost his locker room (even though last week he claimed he didn't know what that meant :rolleyes:). :wink:

Sounds like it was an exciting game. And, Brett passed for 446 yards! :w00t: Let's hope this is the beginning of the turnaround.....hopefully. :)
he had a big passing day, but still 2 INT's...2 touchdowns, 2 INTs...thats a below average day without the 446 passing yards

J.B.
11-08-2010, 01:30 AM
Sorry Bonnie, but this is exactly why I can't stand Favre anymore.

He brings all sorts drama where ever he goes, then in the 11th hour he comes through with a few big plays and all is forgotten. If the Vikes would have lost the game, nobody would have blamed Favre and they would point to him having a career high in passing yards, but he makes a couple plays at the end and now he's the knight in shining armor again, it's sickening to watch. It's like he finds shades of his former-self from time to time, just enough to remain relevant as a player and buy him a pass on his current inefficiencies simply because "he's Brett Favre".

Of course, it really did boil down to one mis-step by Adrian Wilson that cost Arizona the game. He had great coverage, but he turned the wrong direction when he looked back for the ball and that's all it took. Touchdown Vikings, game is going to OT. I am very disappointed in the breakdown of our defense in the last 5 minutes of regulation. They knew what to expect in that situation, but they let the old man beat em' deep. Unacceptable.

Oh, and Derek Anderson? FAIL. He would have to take us to the Super Bowl at this point for me to even CONSIDER him as our QB in the future.

Bonnie
11-08-2010, 01:42 AM
he had a big passing day, but still 2 INT's...2 touchdowns, 2 INTs...thats a below average day without the 446 passing yards

I knew you'd be thrilled for Brett. :rolleyes: Hey he threw 36 completions out of 47; I don't think that's too shabby. :tongue0011:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010110705/2010/REG9/cardinals@vikings/recap/full-story?module=HP_headlines

Bonnie
11-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Sorry Bonnie, but this is exactly why I can't stand Favre anymore.

He brings all sorts drama where ever he goes, then in the 11th hour he comes through with a few big plays and all is forgotten. If the Vikes would have lost the game, nobody would have blamed Favre and they would point to him having a career high in passing yards, but he makes a couple plays at the end and now he's the knight in shining armor again, it's sickening to watch. It's like he finds shades of his former-self from time to time, just enough to remain relevant as a player and buy him a pass on his current inefficiencies simply because "he's Brett Favre".

Of course, it really did boil down to one mis-step by Adrian Wilson that cost Arizona the game. He had great coverage, but he turned the wrong direction when he looked back for the ball and that's all it took. Touchdown Vikings, game is going to OT. I am very disappointed in the breakdown of our defense in the last 5 minutes of regulation. They knew what to expect in that situation, but they let the old man beat em' deep. Unacceptable.

Oh, and Derek Anderson? FAIL. He would have to take us to the Super Bowl at this point for me to even CONSIDER him as our QB in the future.

But, JB, isn't that what makes any game exciting (especially if your team ends up winning)? :huh:

I know you and Derek don't like him. :wink: I can't say I'm thrilled with or approve of his less than honorable displays off the field, but if I had to stop watching every player/actor/personality on tv because they cheated....well....I guess I wouldn't be watching anything. As to the on/off retirement thing and not showing up for pre-season practice, I can't argue in his favor on that. I got hooked last season on the "old man", as you like to call him, and Vikings winning it, but they fell short; and when he didn't retire and came back this season, I decided I was going to root for him and the Vikings again.

You're always talking about how fickle fans are, they're with you when your winning and forget you when you're losing. I'm hanging in there, sweating out each game hoping for a win; today they managed to come back from behind in the 4th quarter and then pulled it out in OT. That's happened to many players/teams before, not just Brett. Today was just their day...

I hope I didn't upset you before with my teasing. :unsure:

J.B.
11-08-2010, 03:00 AM
But, JB, isn't that what makes any game exciting (especially if your team ends up winning)? :huh:

I know you and Derek don't like him. :wink: I can't say I'm thrilled with his less than honorable displays off the field, but if I had to stop watching every player/actor/personality on tv because they cheated....well....I guess I wouldn't be watching anything. As to the on/off retirement thing and not showing up for pre-season practice, I can't argue in his favor on that. I got hooked last season on the "old man", as you like to call him, and Vikings winning it, but they fell short; and when he didn't retire and came back this season, I decided I was going to root for him and the Vikings again.

You're always talking about how fickle fans are, they're with you when your winning and forget you when you're losing. I'm hanging in there, sweating out each game hoping for a win; today they managed to come back from behind in the 4th quarter and then pulled it out in OT. That's happened to many players/teams before, not just Brett. Today was just their day...

I hope I didn't upset you before with my teasing. :unsure:

No, no, no, you didn't upset me at all. Although, I have been pretty upset today for totally unrelated reasons (and I will be starting a thread about it here in a minute, lol)

You are not like most fans, and I'm not questioning you so much as the media and the typical football fan-base.

His off the field stuff is what it is. I don't like it, but I don't hold that against him when it comes to football. Plenty of my favorite athletes and musicians have done worse stuff than Favre. However, what I do hold against him is how he handles himself when it comes to football nowadays.

For all intents and purposes, the man should be soaking in a hot-tub somewhere to heal his body. Yet, he keeps dragging himself out there to play. Is he tough? Hell yeah he is, but at what point does it become a joke? I will admit, I admire the streak, but when I watch him play I just get the feeling he is just going through the motions just to pad his stats and make it to 300. Of course he wants to win, but I think he knows he can't consistently go out there and play like he used to. When he threw that pick in the end-zone today it was hilarious. The Brett Favre who played for the Packers would have gotten a touchdown on that play 9/10 times, but he folded under pressure without even trying to side-step (something he was actually able to do a couple times at the very end of the game, like he jumped in a time machine).

Inside his head he still feels like "I'm Brett Favre", so I can still make big plays. Then we see him run plays that we know the coaches didn't call, like a bootleg run. He basically has total control of the offense, yet a very small amount of accountability when it comes to the media and hardcore fans of his. If he succeeds, he is the greatest, if he fails then it must be Childress or the O-line's fault. Don't get me wrong though, Brad Childress is a dummy and they are probably better off with Favre calling the shots, but it's still not how a football team is supposed to work and it's why the Vikings have been so bad this year.

Kurt Warner was able to out gun-sling Favre last season when the Vikings came to Arizona and he would have won that game today. Our defense also shut Adrian Peterson completely down last year. Everybody in the media said Minnesota would crush the Cardinals this time because they were at home and Arizona has no QB. Well, they were only half right. The Cards defense was great until the last 5 minutes of the game and we looked like the better football team for basically the whole day with the exception of a few big bombs at the end. Heck, we shut them down on a 16 play drive in the 4th quarter and they didn't even get a field goal. Still, when it came down to the clutch, Brett Favre is still Brett Favre and Derek Anderson is still not and the Cardinals are 3-5. :wacko:

Bonnie
11-08-2010, 06:36 AM

No, no, no, you didn't upset me at all. Although, I have been pretty upset today for totally unrelated reasons (and I will be starting a thread about it here in a minute, lol)

You are not like most fans, and I'm not questioning you so much as the media and the typical football fan-base.

His off the field stuff is what it is. I don't like it, but I don't hold that against him when it comes to football. Plenty of my favorite athletes and musicians have done worse stuff than Favre. However, what I do hold against him is how he handles himself when it comes to football nowadays.

For all intents and purposes, the man should be soaking in a hot-tub somewhere to heal his body. Yet, he keeps dragging himself out there to play. Is he tough? Hell yeah he is, but at what point does it become a joke? I will admit, I admire the streak, but when I watch him play I just get the feeling he is just going through the motions just to pad his stats and make it to 300. Of course he wants to win, but I think he knows he can't consistently go out there and play like he used to. When he threw that pick in the end-zone today it was hilarious. The Brett Favre who played for the Packers would have gotten a touchdown on that play 9/10 times, but he folded under pressure without even trying to side-step (something he was actually able to do a couple times at the very end of the game, like he jumped in a time machine).

Inside his head he still feels like "I'm Brett Favre", so I can still make big plays. Then we see him run plays that we know the coaches didn't call, like a bootleg run. He basically has total control of the offense, yet a very small amount of accountability when it comes to the media and hardcore fans of his. If he succeeds, he is the greatest, if he fails then it must be Childress or the O-line's fault. Don't get me wrong though, Brad Childress is a dummy and they are probably better off with Favre calling the shots, but it's still not how a football team is supposed to work and it's why the Vikings have been so bad this year.

Kurt Warner was able to out gun-sling Favre last season when the Vikings came to Arizona and he would have won that game today. Our defense also shut Adrian Peterson completely down last year. Everybody in the media said Minnesota would crush the Cardinals this time because they were at home and Arizona has no QB. Well, they were only half right. The Cards defense was great until the last 5 minutes of the game and we looked like the better football team for basically the whole day with the exception of a few big bombs at the end. Heck, we shut them down on a 16 play drive in the 4th quarter and they didn't even get a field goal. Still, when it came down to the clutch, Brett Favre is still Brett Favre and Derek Anderson is still not and the Cardinals are 3-5. :wacko:

I just got to see some of the plays from today's Vikings/Cards game. I don't know what the deal is with the Vikings having such a hard time getting "into" the game, and Brett throwing some of those interceptions--if it's carelessness, age, or what. :unsure: It's hard to think he's "just going through the motions" looking at all the hard hits he has consistently taken game after game. I mean, there has to be something else motivating him to go out there every week other than to pad his stats and make it to #300. Hopefully it's love of the game and wanting to help his team win. You've seen a lot more of his football than me and know how fast he was, etc... in comparison to how he is now; I don't have that back-knowledge to make the comparisons. I just hope they can get some "kum ba ya" going! :ninja:

As exciting as it is seeing your team come from behind to get a win that is not the way you want to see your team win games... coming from behind the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, by a wing and a prayer in OT. It's so stressful, not to mention hard on my nails! :laugh:

J.B.
11-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I just got to see some of the plays from today's Vikings/Cards game. I don't know what the deal is with the Vikings having such a hard time getting "into" the game, and Brett throwing some of those interceptions--if it's carelessness, age, or what. :unsure: It's hard to think he's "just going through the motions" looking at all the hard hits he has consistently taken game after game. I mean, there has to be something else motivating him to go out there every week other than to pad his stats and make it to #300. Hopefully it's love of the game and wanting to help his team win. You've seen a lot more of his football than me and know how fast he was, etc... in comparison to how he is now; I don't have that back-knowledge to make the comparisons. I just hope they can get some "kum ba ya" going! :ninja:

As exciting as it is seeing your team come from behind to get a win that is not the way you want to see your team win games... coming from behind the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, by a wing and a prayer in OT. It's so stressful, not to mention hard on my nails! :laugh:

Well, at this point I honestly do think a lot of it is about the stats. He knows after 20 years of football how hard it is to repeat a brilliant season like he had last year with the Vikings. I think Brett was questionable about his ankle from the beginning and Childress was so frantic to keep Favre that he waved a ton of money in his face and promised to let him do whatever he wanted. Obviously Brett didn't expect there to be the added drama with the Jets reporter or with Randy Moss, but he still caused both things directly and indirectly, and it's added more stress to an already bad situation with the team. A lot of players lost respect for Childress because he bends over backwards for Favre, although the team still probably has a lot of faith in Brett because of who he is and what his reputation is as a player.

I also think it's telling that you really see the passion come out of him late in the game at this point of his career. He has always been intense in the 4th quarter, but he was also bringing it the other 3 quarters just as hard too. It's the same reason he has been skipping out on training camps the last few years. He is too old/tired, or feels too entitled, to actually put the work in anymore, but he still wants to be the hero and save the day with a Hail-Mary in the 4th quarter. That's what gets him up for the game, the idea of being able to make those big plays and show he's still got it. Of course, a Super Bowl would be nice, but he knows the odds were always against that. If they find a way to make it to the playoffs, you can never count the guy out, but it's still a tall order and I don't think it's gonna happen with the way that team is playing.

Bonnie
11-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Well, at this point I honestly do think a lot of it is about the stats. He knows after 20 years of football how hard it is to repeat a brilliant season like he had last year with the Vikings. I think Brett was questionable about his ankle from the beginning and Childress was so frantic to keep Favre that he waved a ton of money in his face and promised to let him do whatever he wanted. Obviously Brett didn't expect there to be the added drama with the Jets reporter or with Randy Moss, but he still caused both things directly and indirectly, and it's added more stress to an already bad situation with the team. A lot of players lost respect for Childress because he bends over backwards for Favre, although the team still probably has a lot of faith in Brett because of who he is and what his reputation is as a player.

I also think it's telling that you really see the passion come out of him late in the game at this point of his career. He has always been intense in the 4th quarter, but he was also bringing it the other 3 quarters just as hard too. It's the same reason he has been skipping out on training camps the last few years. He is too old/tired, or feels too entitled, to actually put the work in anymore, but he still wants to be the hero and save the day with a Hail-Mary in the 4th quarter. That's what gets him up for the game, the idea of being able to make those big plays and show he's still got it. Of course, a Super Bowl would be nice, but he knows the odds were always against that. If they find a way to make it to the playoffs, you can never count the guy out, but it's still a tall order and I don't think it's gonna happen with the way that team is playing.

Why do you say that about him "causing the Randy Moss thing"? :unsure-1:

That's the thing I don't get, he comes through in the clinch like today, but he's not consistent; like you say, maybe it's age and he doesn't have the drive and steam he once had to play that way from start to finish.

I know realistically, especially the way they've been playing so far, their chances of making the playoffs/superbowl are slim to none, but I'm just going to take it one game at a time and hope they start coming together as a team. I feel like if they can do that, who knows what might happen... :)

Do you think their chances would be better with Childress staying or leaving?

J.B.
11-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Why do you say that about him "causing the Randy Moss thing"? :unsure-1:

That's the thing I don't get, he comes through in the clinch like today, but he's not consistent; like you say, maybe it's age and he doesn't have the drive and steam he once had to play that way from start to finish.

I know realistically, especially the way they've been playing so far, their chances of making the playoffs/superbowl are slim to none, but I'm just going to take it one game at a time and hope they start coming together as a team. I feel like if they can do that, who knows what might happen... :)

Do you think their chances would be better with Childress staying or leaving?

I say he helped indirectly cause the Moss situation because I have no doubt in my mind that Brett was a huge part of the reason they went after Moss, and it's buyer beware with a guy like Moss. Everyone knows he can be a little cocky and flamboyant, but overall he's worth having because of how talented he is. Favre has been wanting to play with Moss for years.

Again, Brett is smart enough to know how teams work after 20 years, and what it takes to keep a guy like Randy Moss in check. When half the team already has little to no respect for your head coach, Randy Moss can easily make that situation worse. However, with Harvin out and poor production, they clearly went into panic mode and Moss seemed like perfect fit. It would have probably worked out too, but Childress is complete moron with no ability to properly coach and keep the players in check, so he went off on his own and cut Moss to make a statement as if he is really in control of the team.

With that being said, I still wouldn't advocate firing him in the middle of the season. That only happens in extreme cases in the NFL, but Childress may be a close candidate. It just sends a bad message to the team and the public and makes things look worse than they already are. It also puts a lot of pressure on any potential replacement or interim coach who would already likely be fighting a losing battle. In baseball, managers sometimes get fired mid-season, but there are also 162 games each season and a different level of expectancy each year.

J.B.
11-08-2010, 11:12 PM
With that being said, I still wouldn't advocate firing him in the middle of the season. That only happens in extreme cases in the NFL, but Childress may be a close candidate. It just sends a bad message to the team and the public and makes things look worse than they already are. It also puts a lot of pressure on any potential replacement or interim coach who would already likely be fighting a losing battle. In baseball, managers sometimes get fired mid-season, but there are also 162 games each season and a different level of expectancy each year.

I was probably typing this statement last night right when Jerry Jones was typing up Wade Phillips severance package.

I don't agree with Jones dumping Phillips right now either. He just said last week that his job was secure this season, and now he fires him one week later after Romo gets injured. It just seems pointless. Ride the wagon till the wheels fall off and do the rebuilding in the off-season.

Bonnie
11-08-2010, 11:27 PM

I was probably typing this statement last night right when Jerry Jones was typing up Wade Phillips severance package.

I don't agree with Jones dumping Phillips right now either. He just said last week that his job was secure this season, and now he fires him one week later after Romo gets injured. It just seems pointless. Ride the wagon till the wheels fall off and do the rebuilding in the off-season.

From the interview they showed of Jerry after the game, sounded like more than Wade Phillips' head was on the chopping block....maybe some players too.

Bonnie
11-10-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't always like to be bold in predictions, because that's usually when the unthinkable happens...

Really? :w00t: Well then...go ahead...let's see if it works for the Vikings! :laugh:

but... I think Tony is gonna get whooped so bad at Cowboys Stadium, people are gonna think Wade Phillips is his corner-man.

At least he can say he lived his dream for a litlle while...

J.B.
11-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Really? :w00t: Well then...go ahead...let's see if it works for the Vikings! :laugh:

At least he can say he lived his dream for a litlle while...

That's from the Pacquiao thread...lol... and Boxing is way different...most of my bold predictions come in that sport. I can't be anywhere near as bold with MMA as I am with Boxing.

and the NFL? Forget about it. :laugh:

That's why we have the saying "on any given Sunday" :cool:

matthughesfan21
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Brett Favre: 3 ints and one lost fumble accounting for 4 turnovers in today's loss to DA BEARS!!! Welcome back to Chicago, Brett...have a safe trip home and we'd LOVE to have you back sometime haha

J.B.
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
http://www.youdontknowjersey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/da_bears011.gif

logrus
11-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Brett Favre: 3 ints and one lost fumble accounting for 4 turnovers in today's loss to DA BEARS!!! Welcome back to Chicago, Brett...have a safe trip home and we'd LOVE to have you back sometime haha

Cant blame Brett for most of them, guys slipping and bobbling passes that hit them in the hands aint all his fault.

Serious with 2 receivers down and one being put on waivers. Why do you put your only AAA type receiver to return kicks, in the end it just landed him out the rest of the game.

What a downfall of a team, line cant open holes for A.P, cant block for Favre, wide outs cant catch a ball or stay healthy, D line cant get any pressure, refuses to blitz and the secondary cant cover 1 guy.

Bonnie
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Cant blame Brett for most of them, guys slipping and bobbling passes that hit them in the hands aint all his fault.

Serious with 2 receivers down and one being put on waivers. Why do you put your only AAA type receiver to return kicks, in the end it just landed him out the rest of the game.

What a downfall of a team, line cant open holes for A.P, cant block for Favre, wide outs cant catch a ball or stay healthy, D line cant get any pressure, refuses to blitz and the secondary cant cover 1 guy.

I've got the game recorded but haven't seen it yet. :cry: Logrus, thanks for giving a clearer picture of what happened regarding those INTs and fumble(s). Derek, you remind me of a prosecuter who gives the jury only half of the facts/truth in order to shed the worst possible light... :rolleyes:

As to da damn bears, they be hybernating soon enough. :tongue0011:

matthughesfan21
11-16-2010, 12:35 AM
I've got the game recorded but haven't seen it yet. :cry: Logrus, thanks for giving a clearer picture of what happened regarding those INTs and fumble(s). Derek, you remind me of a prosecuter who gives the jury only half of the facts/truth in order to shed the worst possible light... :rolleyes:

As to da damn bears, they be hybernating soon enough. :tongue0011:

we may have hibernated in a few of the games this year, but the Vikings have been damn near extinct:Whistle:

J.B.
11-16-2010, 12:53 AM
Minnesota is like Arizona and Dallas. The season is over. :laugh:

Bonnie
11-16-2010, 03:25 AM
we may have hibernated in a few of the games this year, but the Vikings have been damn near extinct:Whistle:

Extinct? Not hardly, that would be Dallas and the Texans, unfortunately.

Minnesota is like Arizona and Dallas. The season is over. :laugh:

Well, you know what they say, "misery loves company". :cry:

Now it's just a matter of us picking up and moving on....to a winning team! :laugh:

matthughesfan21
11-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Extinct? Not hardly, that would be Dallas and the Texans, unfortunately.

Well, you know what they say, "misery loves company". :cry:

Now it's just a matter of us picking up and moving on....to a winning team! :laugh:

Dallas is undefeated after the coaching change...haha they played the lions though, so not really impressive

on a side note: Favre and the VIkes have a new coach...Childress was fired today,. no reall surprise there

County Mike
11-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Brett Favre should retire and be the new head coach.

J.B.
11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Brett Favre should retire and be the new head coach.

http://catiebennett.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/vikings_BrettFavre.jpg

Bonnie
11-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Dallas is undefeated after the coaching change...haha they played the lions though, so not really impressive

on a side note: Favre and the VIkes have a new coach...Childress was fired today,. no reall surprise there

Yeah, I saw that about Childress. A day late and a season lost. :wink:

http://catiebennett.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/vikings_BrettFavre.jpg

Meanie! :tongue0011:

Again, using Brad Chilldress as an example is just bad, no matter how you cut it. The guy is a coach, and no matter how bad "Chilly" may have been as a coach, coach's still get pegged as scapegoats for players like Brett Favre who are the even bigger problem. So just like with Jeff Reed/kickers, guys with ongoing injuries, and practice squad guys, you are only telling half the story.

I don't know what Childress being a bad coach has to do with one of his players and why you say he is a scapegoat for Brett Favre. And why is Brett the even "bigger" problem? :unsure-1: If you're talking about their lousy season, I think there is enough blame to go around. Brett can still throw the football (yeah, yeah, I know all about the INTs :rolleyes:), and I think if other parts of the team were working, they would have a lot more checks in the win column for this season. "Chilly" did himself in; I think getting rid of Randy Moss without checking with his boss first was really the final nail in his Viking career.

J.B.
11-25-2010, 12:33 AM
I don't know what Childress being a bad coach has to do with one of his players and why you say he is a scapegoat for Brett Favre. And why is Brett the even "bigger" problem? :unsure-1: If you're talking about their lousy season, I think there is enough blame to go around. Brett can still throw the football (yeah, yeah, I know all about the INTs :rolleyes:), and I think if other parts of the team were working, they would have a lot more checks in the win column for this season. "Chilly" did himself in; I think getting rid of Randy Moss without checking with his boss first was really the final nail in his Viking career.

I've been VERY critical of Chilly, but I will also be fair...

Granted, you must remember that the context of that quote comes from another discussion, however what I said still holds true. Coaches in general are used as scapegoats when players just aren't getting the job done. When it comes to "on the field" for the Minnesota Vikings, nobody can make or break your offense like the quarterback, and the fact is Favre is having a horrible season, maybe his worst ever.

Sure, last year was his BEST year ever, but age has finally caught up to him. All the injuries, and another year on them old bones, has lowered the limited mobility Favre had the past few years, and thus he has been rendered basically ineffective. When the QB gives up as many turnovers as Favre is right now, it makes it almost impossible to win football games. When it comes to Brett though, I think he needed this. I think he NEEDED to have it BEATEN out of him, because you can tell after that loss to the Packers that he knows he stayed in one year too long.

Childress can't be blamed for Brett's performance, but he can be blamed for letting the team slip into utter turmoil since last year's loss in the NFC championship game, and that is exactly why he lost his job. If you actually look at what Childress did for the Vikings though, he actually did more good things while he was there than bad. When Childress got there, he turned that locker room around, got Favre in there, and took them within one play of the Super Bowl. It's crazy how things can change so drastically in such a short amount of time, but that's what happens in the NFL. Childress's biggest mistake was begging Brett to come back and acting as if Brett mattered more than everybody else, that's what killed all the love people had for him.

Bonnie
11-25-2010, 05:16 AM
I've been VERY critical of Chilly, but I will also be fair...

Granted, you must remember that the context of that quote comes from another discussion, however what I said still holds true. Coaches in general are used as scapegoats when players just aren't getting the job done. When it comes to "on the field" for the Minnesota Vikings, nobody can make or break your offense like the quarterback, and the fact is Favre is having a horrible season, maybe his worst ever.

Sure, last year was his BEST year ever, but age has finally caught up to him. All the injuries, and another year on them old bones, has lowered the limited mobility Favre had the past few years, and thus he has been rendered basically ineffective. When the QB gives up as many turnovers as Favre is right now, it makes it almost impossible to win football games. When it comes to Brett though, I think he needed this. I think he NEEDED to have it BEATEN out of him, because you can tell after that loss to the Packers that he knows he stayed in one year too long.

Childress can't be blamed for Brett's performance, but he can be blamed for letting the team slip into utter turmoil since last year's loss in the NFC championship game, and that is exactly why he lost his job. If you actually look at what Childress did for the Vikings though, he actually did more good things while he was there than bad. When Childress got there, he turned that locker room around, got Favre in there, and took them within one play of the Super Bowl. It's crazy how things can change so drastically in such a short amount of time, but that's what happens in the NFL. Childress's biggest mistake was begging Brett to come back and acting as if Brett mattered more than everybody else, that's what killed all the love people had for him.

Yeah, I thought I better bring it on over to the Farve thread. :laugh:

That's what I've been thinking...how crazy this season has been for teams that were smok'n this time last year. You go from being a championship coach/team to THIS in literally a matter of months?

Maybe Childress and Farve both thought they'd be able to recreate the glory of last season hoping for a better ending.

J.B.
11-25-2010, 05:31 AM
Maybe Childress and Farve both thought they'd be able to recreate the glory of last season hoping for a better ending.

Of course...but that is rarely the ending in the NFL...

Super Bowl winners historically have a hard time even making the playoffs the next season. Favre knew what he was walking into when he signed up for his 20th season.

J.B.
12-10-2010, 03:29 PM
The quote is rough...cuz I was typing as I heard it on the radio...but the gist remains the same.

Brett Favre : "Ive far exceeded my goals....It really hasn't crossed my mind this week that I have to get out there to keep the streak going. The most important streak right now is the two game win streak"

http://files.sharenator.com/coolface1_The_Newest_Sharenator-s500x407-103103.jpg

J.B.
12-13-2010, 11:16 PM
The streak is over.

297 games...pretty remarkable. It even seemed in the 11th hour that maybe God wanted to see the streak go on when Brett got an extra day to rest after the roof of the Metrodome in Minneapolis collapsed from snow and they had to move the game to today.

Some perspective...Eli Manning starts his 100th consecutive game tonight. He can match Brett's streak if doesn't miss a start from now through roughly the year 2023.

I would also consider Brett effectively retired. Word is he has told his teammates he is done for the season, and there is no way he will be back next year.

rearnakedchoke
12-14-2010, 12:33 AM
The streak is over.

297 games...pretty remarkable. It even seemed in the 11th hour that maybe God wanted to see the streak go on when Brett got an extra day to rest after the roof of the Metrodome in Minneapolis collapsed from snow and they had to move the game to today.

Some perspective...Eli Manning starts his 100th consecutive game tonight. He can match Brett's streak if doesn't miss a start from now through roughly the year 2023.

I would also consider Brett effectively retired. Word is he has told his teammates he is done for the season, and there is no way he will be back next year.

there goes jenn stergers plans to end to streak .. LOL ... the league should suspend him for the last few games just to really piss her off ....

Bonnie
12-14-2010, 02:42 AM
The streak is over.

1992 - 2010... :cool:

I'm just glad they weren't playing when the roof caved. Aside from all the personal and retirement drama, he's had a heck of a career.

Last time I saw the score tonight, they were losing. :wink:

matthughesfan21
12-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Brett Favre meet Corey Wootton....shoulda stayed at the nursing home

J.B.
12-21-2010, 04:41 AM
Brett Favre meet Corey Wootton....shoulda stayed at the nursing home

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carls-lock-chicago-bears-vs-minnesota-vikings.html?cid=vplayer_carl_carls-lock-chicago-bears-vs-minnesota-vikings

:cool:

Bonnie
12-21-2010, 03:48 PM
It's not Brett's fault he's gotten lousy to no pass protection from his offense all season. Bad for a quarterback's health no matter what his age. :wink:

J.B.
12-21-2010, 04:04 PM
It's not Brett's fault he's gotten lousy to no pass protection from his offense all season. Bad for a quarterback's health no matter what his age. :wink:

I agree...but we gotta love to laugh considering his situation.

For real...I didn't think he'd bother taking the field..but I guess he still hates the Bears that much....

Didn't matter, he got smash-caked for his efforts, in weather that was below 10 degrees and on a field that probably felt like Lake Michigan on mid-December day in Chicago.

I actually found it disturbing how many hardcore Bears fans hit me up on text and FB just to say "hope that's the way he ends his career"....:laugh:

VCURamFan
12-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Was listening to a local sports radio show on the way in to work today & they said "This concussion puts in jeopardy Farves consecutive starts streak of 1 games . . . " :happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

J.B.
12-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Was listening to a local sports radio show on the way in to work today & they said "This concussion puts in jeopardy Farves consecutive starts streak of 1 games . . . " :happy0198: :happy0198: :happy0198:

Favre actually broke another streak last night....

He had actually ended all his times leaving a team team on an INT....until last night...

Who knows though...maybe he comes back and throws another Pick-6.....:laugh:

Bonnie
12-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Quite a few of the elite QBs have been throwing a fair amount of INTs this season; I think maybe Brett was trying to break that record too. :unsure-1:

I don't know what you boys are going to do to amuse yourselves after Brett retires. :rolleyes:

bj44
12-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Brett favre is one of the best of all time... You know who esle threw alot of interceptions? John elway..... How short peoples memories are... Favre actually has a better career passer rating than john too... Of course elway ended on 2 championships and favre ended on a horrible team...

Bonnie
12-22-2010, 06:46 AM
Brett favre is one of the best of all time... You know who esle threw alot of interceptions? John elway..... How short peoples memories are... Favre actually has a better career passer rating than john too... Of course elway ended on 2 championships and favre ended on a horrible team...

Finally!...a positive voice amongst all these naysaying-negative-nellies! :)

J.B.
12-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Favre probably had the best season of his career last year, and that was basically the same team. On paper, that's a great team, but they played like crap this year. I'm sure the off the field crap this year didn't help either. Not to mention, Favre went out of his way to keep coming back just so he could play on THAT team.

Elway threw some picks in his day, but not like Favre.

Favre threw over 15 picks in 14 seasons, and he threw over 20 picks in 6 seasons (if he throws another pick this year it will be 7 seasons). That's a lot of picks (most ever), and 110 more than Elway in general.

INT's aren't always the best way to judge a QB on the whole, obviously, but Favre is the INT king for a reason. He always thought he could throw a twinkie into a toaster and that's what gets him in trouble so often. It should be noted though, when Elway finally won those 2 Super Bowls, the first one was over the defending champion Packers and Favre actually outplayed Elway in that game (even though they lost).

Bonnie
12-22-2010, 05:19 PM
"a twinkie into a toaster" :laugh:

bj44
12-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Favre probably had the best season of his career last year, and that was basically the same team. On paper, that's a great team, but they played like crap this year. I'm sure the off the field crap this year didn't help either. Not to mention, Favre went out of his way to keep coming back just so he could play on THAT team.

Elway threw some picks in his day, but not like Favre.

Favre threw over 15 picks in 14 seasons, and he threw over 20 picks in 6 seasons (if he throws another pick this year it will be 7 seasons). That's a lot of picks (most ever), and 110 more than Elway in general.

INT's aren't always the best way to judge a QB on the whole, obviously, but Favre is the INT king for a reason. He always thought he could throw a twinkie into a toaster and that's what gets him in trouble so often. It should be noted though, when Elway finally won those 2 Super Bowls, the first one was over the defending champion Packers and Favre actually outplayed Elway in that game (even though they lost).

Elway also has no where near the amount of td's brett has... There was a couple years during the 80's where Elway threw more interceptions then touchdowns.. although it wasnt as much of a "quarterbacks league" as it is now... Elway also never had the go through the declining years of his career which skew numbers because he ended his career way younger then favre on a stacked team.

J.B.
12-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Elway also has no where near the amount of td's brett has... There was a couple years during the 80's where Elway threw more interceptions then touchdowns.. although it wasnt as much of a "quarterbacks league" as it is now... Elway also never had the go through the declining years of his career which skew numbers because he ended his career way younger then favre on a stacked team.

No doubt. Can't take anything away from Favre. He kept playing longer, and at a very high level. When you play the game the way Brett does, for as long as he has, it's no wonder he has the records for most TD's and most INT's.

If I had to pick between Elway or Favre, I would take Favre.