PDA

View Full Version : Visiting NYC tips..

REMY
10-03-2010, 04:42 PM
So the wife and I are going to be visiting NYC for a few days, we live in south Jersey so its only a few hours away. We are going to be going up there Oct 14 - 16. My question was where can I find a reasonabley priced hotel? All of the ones downtown are like $250+ per night, were not going to spending much time in the room, and I've heard if you stay at a hotel by the Newark NJ airport you can catch a bus over for a couple bucks. Anyone know the details behind this or have any knowledage of a decent priced hotel?

Thanks for the help

Llamafighter
10-04-2010, 03:25 AM
So the wife and I are going to be visiting NYC for a few days, we live in south Jersey so its only a few hours away. We are going to be going up there Oct 14 - 16. My question was where can I find a reasonabley priced hotel? All of the ones downtown are like $250+ per night, were not going to spending much time in the room, and I've heard if you stay at a hotel by the Newark NJ airport you can catch a bus over for a couple bucks. Anyone know the details behind this or have any knowledage of a decent priced hotel?

Thanks for the help

let me see what I can find out. if you can find a cheap room in Newport/pavonia, Jersey City, or Hoboken then you'll be a quick PATH train ride to the city.

Neezar
10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
One of my dream vacations is visiting New York City around Christmas time! :cool:

Hope you have fun.

cubsfan47
10-04-2010, 01:27 PM
The ice rink at Rockefeller Center is beautiful at that time.

TexasRN
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
One of my dream vacations is visiting New York City around Christmas time! :cool:

Hope you have fun.

I'm actually looking into going this December! The bf wanted to wait until after the tree was lit so we could go see that. He has family in NJ so we will stay with them and then commute into the city for a few days. I can't wait! I actually need to get him to order our plane tickets this week so that it will be set in stone.

~Amy

REMY
10-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Yea I've been to NYC a few times though Shes never been so were going also she wants a Broadway show sooo doing that too lol

Llama any help is definitely appreciated

Llamafighter
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Yea I've been to NYC a few times though Shes never been so were going also she wants a Broadway show sooo doing that too lol

Llama any help is definitely appreciated

I think the HoJo by the Newark airport might be a good bet its' about a 15 minute trip on the PATH to Herald Square (Macy's). I think they have some decent shuttle service options to get to and from PATH.

Llamafighter
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm actually looking into going this December! The bf wanted to wait until after the tree was lit so we could go see that. He has family in NJ so we will stay with them and then commute into the city for a few days. I can't wait! I actually need to get him to order our plane tickets this week so that it will be set in stone.

~Amy

:happydancing::happydancing:

TexasRN
10-04-2010, 09:10 PM
:happydancing::happydancing:

As soon as the tickets are bought, I am texting you the dates so we can coordinate something. I'm super excited! I can't wait to meet your wife if she is free and have you meet the bf.

~Amy