PDA

View Full Version : LiLo Makes Me Sick

BamaGrits84
09-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Just read this story on Yahoo. The Dream Center was started by Pastor Matthew Barnett with an original view of having a church that was accessible to those who would normally never step foot in a steppled building. To be open 24/7 so regardless of the time of day the needs of people could be met. The dream center does house homeless. It also provide "celebrate recovery" for addicts. It's also a church in the middle of a gang infested area. The thing this girl needed to experience in this building was God. How dare she use a place that was built to glorify God to mend her damaged image? She should have asked for a Celebrate Recover schedule. If she just went there ok. Maybe her manager wanted her to see where drug addicts with no money for private rehab get help. Who knows. But that she tweeted it alone shows this was all about her.

Lindsay Visits Teens & Homeless At LA Shelter

Just two days after being released from jail, Lindsay Lohan surfaced on Sunday visiting some teens and homeless folks at a Los Angeles area shelter.

"What a great place The Dream Center is here in LA... had a nice time there today, it's so important to give back. I feel blessed," Lindsay Tweeted on Sunday,

Lindsay's trip to The Dream Center, located in LA's Echo Park neighborhood, didn't come without a bit of controversy.

"All accept the paparazzi hitting one of the ministry guys. They need to be stopped. I think this is a job for The Terminator," she wrote in another Tweet.

According to E! Online, who first reported the news, the actress was accompanied by sister Ali, mother Dina, two friends and manager Lou Taylor, who is associated with the shelter and reportedly encouraged her to make the visit.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, a source told Access on Sunday that Lindsay wants and plans to head back to rehab. She is due back in court on October 22.

Chris F
09-27-2010, 05:39 PM
I agree but sadly the Barnetts are like so many are have bought into the seeker sensitive movement and couldn't find the power of God if it hit then between the eyes. The drem centrer is alot older than Matthew. He was not even born yet when his father had the idea for the first one. He actually got the idea from another former AOG pastor named David Wilkerson. Tommy Barnett is still AOG by technicality but he does not act like it. I think he is one of the leaders of the denominations change into seeker senistive mentality. Enough soap box I agree with you Bama she should not use this to heal her image but instead heal her soul.

Rochambeau
09-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Maybe she sincerely wanted to go? I think that a lot of girls would post a status on Facebook or Tweet about something like this. Wow.

BamaGrits84
09-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe she sincerely wanted to go? I think that a lot of girls would post a status on Facebook or Tweet about something like this. Wow.

It says her manager recommended she go. That girls been in LA for years and has never cared to go there until she's face serious jail time. Do you really think a girl that just passed a drug test for cocaine is a prime example to be visiting teens? "Hi I'm Lindsey. I'm an addict." What's her next line?

BamaGrits84
09-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I agree but sadly the Barnetts are like so many are have bought into the seeker sensitive movement and couldn't find the power of God if it hit then between the eyes. The drem centrer is alot older than Matthew. He was not even born yet when his father had the idea for the first one. He actually got the idea from another former AOG pastor named David Wilkerson. Tommy Barnett is still AOG by technicality but he does not act like it. I think he is one of the leaders of the denominations change into seeker senistive mentality. Enough soap box I agree with you Bama she should not use this to heal her image but instead heal her soul.

I did not know this. Well I knew a bit about his dad's influence on him. I saw Matthew on one of the faith TV stations and the dream center was the focus of the piece. I don't recall Wilkerson being mentioned.

Why do you say Tommy doesn't act like one?

Rochambeau
09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Often it takes a bad experience to humble somebody. If it was a bad idea then it would have to be her manager's bad idea.

In response to "Hi, I'm Lindsay. I'm an addict." They could say "Hi, I'm Bob. I am homeless. Want to know how I got here?"

Everybody has a story and everybody is a person.

BamaGrits84
09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Often it takes a bad experience to humble somebody. If it was a bad idea then it would have to be her manager's bad idea.

In response to "Hi, I'm Lindsay. I'm an addict." They could say "Hi, I'm Bob. I am homeless. Want to know how I got here?"

Humility wouldn't be tweeting an oh look what good thing i did status. Or so that's how I see it.

Chris F
09-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I did not know this. Well I knew a bit about his dad's influence on him. I saw Matthew on one of the faith TV stations and the dream center was the focus of the piece. I don't recall Wilkerson being mentioned.

Why do you say Tommy doesn't act like one?

He acts more independent than Assembly of God. He is one of the few ministers that gets away with certain things about our denomaination that others have to follow but he is exempt. I like the man he is a great minister. Just in his older years he seems to be more and more in favor of the coffee shop Christian mentality. Years ago he could preach the house down. Now he is more reserved and careful not to offend. The whole denomination seems to have mellowed form its roots. That is what I meant by not act like it. IN comparrison to its roots 80% of our minister do not act like it . :)

Chris F
09-28-2010, 07:08 AM

Bama is right this was nothing but a photo opt.

Rochambeau
09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Bama said that the place was built for people that would never set foot in Church. Couldn't Lindsay be one of those people?

BamaGrits84
09-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Bama said that the place was built for people that would never set foot in Church. Couldn't Lindsay be one of those people?

She could be, and I would doubt she has been in one in a while unless it was a movie set. I think this COULD have been a good opportunity for her, but it doesn't appear she went seeking help for herself, but to make it seem like she was trying to help others.

Rochambeau
09-28-2010, 02:50 PM
She was in a Church, in Machete and she puts on a Nun outfit. :D

I don't know what she went there for, but maybe she got more out of it than we know. Maybe it was positive?

Chris F
09-28-2010, 11:09 PM
She was in a Church, in Machete and she puts on a Nun outfit. :D

I don't know what she went there for, but maybe she got more out of it than we know. Maybe it was positive?

:laugh: But seriously she went there for the PR only. Many stars visit people like that w/o the mayor in tow and he entourage. I am sure Tommy and Matt would have set p something on the down low if she wnated to really have a quiet visit. That place is huge and the Paps would not go there on there own free will.

Bonnie
09-28-2010, 11:50 PM
I think it was a pony show too. :wink: