PDA

View Full Version : Gangs in your area?

atomdanger
02-28-2009, 05:17 AM
There was another thread that mentioned gangs,
so I was wondering if anybody has gang problems in their area? City?

Vancouver is pretty suburban, and I haven't seen or heard of any gangs here,
but we touch Portland, and they have a little bit of drug issues and stuff,
but never big gang shootings and stuff.

I googled Portland gangs, and I guess the burbs east of the city have a problem with mexican gangs.
(gresham)

But thats far from me... How about you guys???

timmyja
02-28-2009, 05:29 AM
honestly... I heard way more gang stories when I lived in the Chicagoland area.. Since I have moved to VA, eight years ago, the only stories I hear are from DC or Fairfax... Fairfax deals with mexican gangs, and DC deals with... well.. politcally correct... DC people :unsure-1:

matthughesfan21
02-28-2009, 05:37 AM
Jacksonville(15 minutes) and Springfield(45 minutes) are the only places close with gangs, but there are miles of country road in between, so they are no worries...I just live in a small, blue-collar farming community

J.B.
02-28-2009, 07:14 AM
:laugh:

What do you want to know?

rockdawg21
02-28-2009, 01:28 PM
The major gangs in San Antonio would be the Texas Syndicate, MS-13 (Mara Salvatrucha), and the Bandidos (biker gang). We really don't have a huge issue in comparison to other Texas cities like Houston, Dallas, and Austin though.

medic92
02-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Jacksonville(15 minutes) and Springfield(45 minutes) are the only places close with gangs, but there are miles of country road in between, so they are no worries...I just live in a small, blue-collar farming community

I didn't see any evidence of gang activity in Jacksonville, just a bunch of posers and wannabes. Springfield definitely has a gang presence. I know this because I tangled with them a few years back and ended up having to move. Having to hide my vehicle and sneak around just wasn't any fun.

VCURamFan
02-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I don't really know of any gangs in the Richmond area.

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Shoot I'm in gang central. I live in San Diego, but I'm less than a mile from the border fence.

Crips, Bloods, MS-13, Palm City, Imperials, biker gangs (Hells Angels, Mongols mainly with other smaller ones), some asian gangs that I don't know the names to, possible Latin Kings (I've seen some graffitti with crowns on it)....I'm sure there's more around here but I'm not all too familiar with their names.

We have a major drug and gang issue here. You can't even go to gas station without the possibilty of getting attacked. My Mom has almost been 3 times at a gas station, and recently she came very close. Long story short, she was pumping gas, Dad went to go pay, and this thug was walking straight toward her getting ready to shoot. My Dad was right behind his a$$ getting ready to shank him.

Another story, sometimes my Mom and I like to do our annual night shopping trip in December. It was 10:30 one night, we were pulling up on a stoplight and this thug was getting ready to pull out a sawed off shotgun. My Mom hit that gas pedal like her life literally depended on it.

I have three major drug houses that live around me. DEA has been here once, but they didn't catch anything important. UCs stick out like a sore thumb in their Crown Victorias but they are getting smarter. Also we have a little drug war turf going on too. Anytime you see more than one pair of shoes hanging from telephone lines, then that's a battle ground.

And normally I don't like to involve race but this particular topic I will. To be frank, the black gangs here are more vicious and daring than the hispanics. My Mom is white, and she's never had issues with the hispanic gangs here, but it's the blacks she has had most of her near death experiences with. The black gangs don't have a problem involving civilians, where as the hispanics seem to have this code of honor. And I have to respect that.

Jason 16
02-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I live in the middle of no where but I heard about mexicans causeing problems an hour and a half south in redding. I dont know if its gang related or not

Jason 16
02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
And normally I don't like to involve race but this particular topic I will. To be frank, the black gangs here are more vicious and daring than the hispanics. My Mom is white, and she's never had issues with the hispanic gangs here, but it's the blacks she has had most of her near death experiences with. The black gangs don't have a problem involving civilians, where as the hispanics seem to have this code of honor. And I have to respect that.

realy humm I allways thought it was the other way around . and have you ever thought of moveing?

matthughesfan21
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I didn't see any evidence of gang activity in Jacksonville, just a bunch of posers and wannabes. Springfield definitely has a gang presence. I know this because I tangled with them a few years back and ended up having to move. Having to hide my vehicle and sneak around just wasn't any fun.
most of jacksonville is nice, but that north side is a little iffy, North Clay might be wannabe's, but they have shootings and all that, so I wouldn't wanna test it......Springfield is definitely gang affiliated, once you get close to MLK boulevard is when it starts to get pretty rough around the gold's gym area...I don't know if you know where it is, but for summer baseball we used to play ball at Chamberlain park which is in that area...and night games there are, erm interesting...It's guaranteed by the 5th inning you will hear a 9mm go off, and I have heard shotgun shots and even an AK...they are pretty loud gunshots, but not close enough to put the players in danger...plus in the outfield which is where you can see the houses and all that from, they have a huge barrier put up so they can't look in and start shooting people

matthughesfan21
02-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I don't really know of any gangs in the Richmond area.Guarantee you there are some, in a city of that size, there are bound to be some, maybe not some with the presence or influence as in other cities, but there are bound to be a few

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 04:58 PM
There's some gangs in the Richmond area. I remember watching Gangland on the History channel. I forgot which ones but they are there.

matthughesfan21
02-28-2009, 05:03 PM
There's some gangs in the Richmond area. I remember watching Gangland on the History channel. I forgot which ones but they are there.
I've heard of an MS-13 presence in Richmond before, I think on gangland possibly, they didn't focus the show on that area, but it was mentioned....From watching gangland, I'd have to say that it appears to me LA and Chicago are filled with the most and worst gangs

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 05:06 PM
realy humm I allways thought it was the other way around . and have you ever thought of moveing?

We want to move, but the problem is where? And my Dad's job too is the other issue.

I've always thought it would be the other way around too. But what I think it is, is the hispanic gangs have a degree of respect for women, especially they are mommas. I think these particular gangs would consider it to be disrespectful and out of line to go after women. Most of these hispanic gangs are run by the Mexican Mafia and I know they are have some kind of code of conduct. I guess if you aren't going after their drugs then you're okay.

I still wouldn't enter Mexico though. After hearing on the news of how certain drug cartels get rid of the bodies (dissolving bodies in acid :scared0015: ), it would be a cold day in hell before I ever enter that place.

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
I've heard of an MS-13 presence in Richmond before, I think on gangland possibly, they didn't focus the show on that area, but it was mentioned....From watching gangland, I'd have to say that it appears to me LA and Chicago are filled with the most and worst gangs

I'm pretty sure it was MS-13, and there might have been another one too. I would agree that LA and Chicago are definitely up there, maybe add New Orleans too.

Florida used to be pretty bad in terms of the drug wars. I saw a movie called Cocaine Cowboys and it documented a hitman for this drug lord in FL. I think it was in the 70s and 80s where a woman was the god mother of the cocaine traffic in and out of that state. I don't remember her name right now, but she was ruthless.

medic92
02-28-2009, 05:33 PM
most of jacksonville is nice, but that north side is a little iffy, North Clay might be wannabe's, but they have shootings and all that, so I wouldn't wanna test it......Springfield is definitely gang affiliated, once you get close to MLK boulevard is when it starts to get pretty rough around the gold's gym area...I don't know if you know where it is, but for summer baseball we used to play ball at Chamberlain park which is in that area...and night games there are, erm interesting...It's guaranteed by the 5th inning you will hear a 9mm go off, and I have heard shotgun shots and even an AK...they are pretty loud gunshots, but not close enough to put the players in danger...plus in the outfield which is where you can see the houses and all that from, they have a huge barrier put up so they can't look in and start shooting people

I lived on north 4th in Springfield, right by the railroad tracks. The landlord gave me an apartment free of charge in exchange for doing maintenance and "security" for the rest of the units. Drug dealers would stand by the street in the front yard and deal right by the driveway. I started calling the police on them, taking pictures and video of their activities. It didn't take them long to figure out the white guy in the rear apartment was the one harassing them. Then I stepped in on a guy who was beating his girlfriend in the apartment above mine. He took a swing at me and I took him down and called the police. Turned out he was a GD on parole and got revoked and taken to jail.

It was on after that and it just got too dangerous for me to live there. They were cruising by the house all the time, telling other residents that I was a dead man, etc. The final straw came when the police (who were keeping a little closer eye on me) drove by, saw someone run from the side of the building next to my living room window and investigated. They didn't find the guy, but they did find a little .25 pistol the guy dropped under my window.

I moved.

Robertboxerboy
02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
in garrett we dont really have "home boy" gangs. We have more like emo gangs and stuff. Theres always fights going on a kid might get stabbbed every great while but thats about it. But about 20 minutes away in fort wayne theres alot of gangs. We used to likve about 3 blocks down from a place called Pontiac Street, wanna talk about battle zone?

rockdawg21
02-28-2009, 06:20 PM
MS-13 has a very strong presence in that area.

rockdawg21
02-28-2009, 06:22 PM
The biggest gang in Jacksonville would be Scientology. And yes, I consider them a gang, because it definitely is not a religion, but a group of scammers.

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I love your avatar Rockdawg. :laugh: That's probably my favorite episode from South Park, besides the world record crap one. "I'm the dude, the big bad dude, the hallway monitor!"

internationalharvester
02-28-2009, 06:38 PM
yeah man around here.....ya gotta watch out for them Frederick boys, if your not careful they'll mess you up bad haha

rockdawg21
02-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I love your avatar Rockdawg. :laugh: That's probably my favorite episode from South Park, besides the world record crap one. "I'm the dude, the big bad dude, the hallway monitor!"
Actually, it's based on Dog the Bounty Hunter, so he's saying, "I am the dog, the big bad doooooooog, the hallway monitor!" You're right though, those are 2 awesome episodes!

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/

Remember "Beth, my bitch"? Well this is a photo of Dog and Beth below. If you've never seen it, it's a pretty sweet show! I didn't know Cartman's character was based on anything, but then I saw him in an interview with Glenn Beck. I began watching putting the show on my DVR.
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/1619/dog_bounty_hunter.jpg

Black Mamba
02-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Actually, it's based on Dog the Bounty Hunter, so he's saying, "I am the dog, the big bad doooooooog, the hallway monitor!" You're right though, those are 2 awesome episodes!

http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/

Remember "Beth, my bitch"? Well this is a photo of Dog and Beth below. If you've never seen it, it's a pretty sweet show! I didn't know Cartman's character was based on anything, but then I saw him in an interview with Glenn Beck. I began watching putting the show on my DVR.
http://img26.exs.cx/img26/1619/dog_bounty_hunter.jpg

Wow, I was off. :laugh: I always thought he was saying "dude" or "dirt" for someone reason, it never sounded like he was saying Dog. I remember how they did Beth in that episode too, it was freakin funny. Her chest was all up in her face, it was too much. But Cartman was perfect as Dog.

I used to be a HUGE fan of the show, until that little scandel of Dog's came out. I still watch the show because Leland and Duane Lee are still my favorites, but I'm not so crazy about Dog.

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes, but they are for the most part quiet.

We have a Bikers gang that actually inhabits the store carpark on a weekend when the store closes (its 24 hours through the working week) they sit in cars and on bikes under the sheltered two tiers, revving engines and playing music...but they dont really do much...they arent near enough a residential area to get complaints, the police just leave them alone since they dont opporate when the store is open, and they dont litter or vandilize

There is a gang of women that congregate around Macdonalds, but they are school children, by ten PM they've gone.

In Harrogate the one place to avoid at night is the gang of druggies that supposedly invade Valley Gardens :ninja:

Nearby Bradford has terrific gangs in Manningham, formed almost exclusively of Asian males, that war against the BNP...they also have prostitutional issues so I hear. Its unwise to venture out of the Student Quarter past about 9pm alone.

There is a gang in Leeds..violent gang...dont know much about them, but they came to harrogate once, believed to be armed, and they smashed up several shops and the bus station if I remember rightly.

I think there is a gang culture in England, but its less previlent, its more underground, I think you gotta really be part of one, or be caught in the crossfire of a war to know they exist :laugh:

billwilliams70
03-01-2009, 10:32 AM
We have Al Qaeda over here.

Later.

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 10:52 AM
We have Al Qaeda over here.

Later.
:laugh: Mr Williams... :laugh:

Moose
03-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I grew up in the middle of nowhere, on the border of Douglas County. One day the FBI was at our house and checking out our cisterns and well. Someone mobsters from Chicago drove 4 or 5 hours south to dump pieces of bodies into random different places.

...I think it's pretty cool, that's what I call dedication.

In Springfield, Champaign, Bloomington, etc, you deal with wannabes and Chicago folk that moved because they were in danger or they had the law looking or them. Not saying that a wannabe isn't dangerous, because face it, any finger pulling the trigger of a SNS is a potential murderer.

BReal28
03-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Im with danelle, southern california. LA is gang capital of the world. In my city of 300,000 we have 10,000 plus gang members. I live in a gang neighborhood, and Ive lost alot of friends to that lifestyle. I'm starting to volunteer at an anti-gang program that the city runs. We unfortunately have everything: crips bloods, ms13, 18th street, AB, not to mention surenos and local sets everywhere. It sucks, we need to clean up our streets here.

Llamafighter
03-10-2009, 06:52 PM
in garrett we dont really have "home boy" gangs. We have more like emo gangs and stuff. Theres always fights going on a kid might get stabbbed every great while but thats about it. But about 20 minutes away in fort wayne theres alot of gangs. We used to likve about 3 blocks down from a place called Pontiac Street, wanna talk about battle zone?

Dud e I spent 10 years of my life living in Ft. Wayne. I lived on Fleming avenue in a pretty rough area south of Rudisill.
Pontiac street was freaking scary. there was a gang shooting a block away from a party I was at. We heard all the gunshots and thought it was fireworks. turned out that 4 or five people got killed.

Yeah, NYC has a lot of Gang activity, and the mob and whatnot...

NateR
03-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Zero gang activity around Hillsboro, IL as far as I can tell and I've lived here almost 2.5 years. We don't even have to lock our doors at night.

bradwright
03-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Zero gang activity around Hillsboro, IL as far as I can tell and I've lived here almost 2.5 years. We don't even have to lock our doors at night.
just a minute while i write that down,,
okay,carry on,:ninja:

NateR
03-10-2009, 07:53 PM
[/COLOR][/FONT]
just a minute while i write that down,,
okay,carry on,:ninja:

Well, good luck with that considering that more than half the homes around here likely have a firearm of some kind inside the house. So that still leaves you with a 40-50% chance of getting out alive. The question is, do you feel lucky? :rolleyes:

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Shoot I'm in gang central. I live in San Diego, but I'm less than a mile from the border fence.

Crips, Bloods, MS-13, Palm City, Imperials, biker gangs (Hells Angels, Mongols mainly with other smaller ones), some asian gangs that I don't know the names to, possible Latin Kings (I've seen some graffitti with crowns on it)....I'm sure there's more around here but I'm not all too familiar with their names.

We have a major drug and gang issue here. You can't even go to gas station without the possibilty of getting attacked. My Mom has almost been 3 times at a gas station, and recently she came very close. Long story short, she was pumping gas, Dad went to go pay, and this thug was walking straight toward her getting ready to shoot. My Dad was right behind his a$$ getting ready to shank him.

Another story, sometimes my Mom and I like to do our annual night shopping trip in December. It was 10:30 one night, we were pulling up on a stoplight and this thug was getting ready to pull out a sawed off shotgun. My Mom hit that gas pedal like her life literally depended on it.

I have three major drug houses that live around me. DEA has been here once, but they didn't catch anything important. UCs stick out like a sore thumb in their Crown Victorias but they are getting smarter. Also we have a little drug war turf going on too. Anytime you see more than one pair of shoes hanging from telephone lines, then that's a battle ground.

And normally I don't like to involve race but this particular topic I will. To be frank, the black gangs here are more vicious and daring than the hispanics. My Mom is white, and she's never had issues with the hispanic gangs here, but it's the blacks she has had most of her near death experiences with. The black gangs don't have a problem involving civilians, where as the hispanics seem to have this code of honor. And I have to respect that. I used to live in South San Diego Imperial Beach!! It dont get more ghetto huh!!??

Miss Foxy
03-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Zero gang activity around Hillsboro, IL as far as I can tell and I've lived here almost 2.5 years. We don't even have to lock our doors at night. That must be nice!! Wow... I grew up in LA and like the song says "to live and die in LA."

bradwright
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, good luck with that considering that more than half the homes around here likely have a firearm of some kind inside the house. So that still leaves you with a 40-50% chance of getting out alive. The question is, do you feel lucky? :rolleyes:
not that i would try and put words in your mouth,
but i'm pretty sure you meant to say,do you feel lucky, PUNK ?

go ahead and correct me if i'm wrong,

and yes,some days i do feel very lucky,

cant believe you called me a punk though,:sad:

BReal28
03-11-2009, 03:40 AM

That is absurd. I wish I had that. My sis lives right by me and she has 2 bolt locks and 2 pitbulls and someone still tried to break in. lol. Hillsboro is awesome!

billwilliams70
03-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Oh yeah.....we've got the Taliban too, and they have rockets and bombs.

Later.

Neezar
03-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah.....we've got the Taliban too, and they have rockets and bombs.

Later.

Okay. You win.

:laugh: