PDA

View Full Version : TUF 12.02 *****SPOIlERS*****

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Yes, Kyle's on GSP's team! Now I don't have to worry about switching allegiances back & forth throughout the show! :happydancing: :happydancing:

O, I love how GSP hood-winked Kos. Hysterical!

rockdawg21
09-23-2010, 02:24 AM
LOL, GSP owned Kos on the picks. Funny move by GSP!

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Here's hoping Bruce Leeroy isn't a 1st Rnd busy!

rockdawg21
09-23-2010, 02:34 AM
I hope the smoker gasses.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 02:35 AM
I hope the smoker chokes. :laugh:

rockdawg21
09-23-2010, 02:38 AM
LOL, yeah!

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Is it just me or are there more commercials?

rockdawg21
09-23-2010, 02:49 AM
Yes, it's your fault there are more commercials.

Neezar
09-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Well are they good commercials? lol

rockdawg21
09-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Geico was just on. Now it's some lady talking about Hughes Net. I know that's definitely something all MMA fans can use!

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 02:53 AM
Geico was just on. Now it's some lady talking about Hughes Net. I know that's definitely something all MMA fans can use!

Truth!

She's a cutie, too!

rockdawg21
09-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Well, the smoker got choked so it's fitting.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 03:00 AM

Called it!!!!

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Good win for Team GSP. Glad to see Leeroy has at least 1 move off his back.

Neezar
09-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Mike Tyson next week!

His voice seems deeper. :unsure-1:

J.B.
09-23-2010, 04:00 AM
Mike Tyson next week!

His voice seems deeper. :unsure-1:

He's back in shape now, and he looks the best he has in a long time. When he did the cameo in The Hangover he said he spent all the money he made from it on drugs.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 11:06 AM
He's back in shape now, and he looks the best he has in a long time. When he did the cameo in The Hangover he said he spent all the money he made from it on drugs.

That's too bad. Glad to hear that he's cleaned up.

billwilliams70
09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Isn't he the same one, from the beginning of the episode that said he'd go to sleep rather than tap? :unsure:

Later.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Isn't he the same one, from the beginning of the episode that said he'd go to sleep rather than tap? :unsure:

Later.

I dunno, but he is the guy that GSP crossed off before he even fought in the pre-lims. Makes me wonder if he had prior knowledge of this guy.

J.B.
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
So, they have a guy who smokes on the show now, I'm surprised it took them this long considering how many alcoholics they have cast in previous seasons. Whats the smoker's story? Was he smoking in the house? Was he chain smoking like a little old lady?

I don't watch the show anymore, largely because of stuff like this, so forgive me for being oblivious to what is happening.

logrus
09-23-2010, 01:44 PM
What a bad first fight, I was hoping both those idiots would KO each other. Leeroy has no stand up outside show boating, and his sub on the ground was white belt amateurish at best.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
So, they have a guy who smokes on the show now, I'm surprised it took them this long considering how many alcoholics they have cast in previous seasons. Whats the smoker's story? Was he smoking in the house? Was he chain smoking like a little old lady?

I don't watch the show anymore, largely because of stuff like this, so forgive me for being oblivious to what is happening.Yeah, everytime they showed him at the house he was either drinking or sitting outside puffing on a cancer stick or both.

What a bad first fight, I was hoping both those idiots would KO each other. Leeroy has no stand up outside show boating, and his sub on the ground was white belt amateurish at best.
Yeah, I wasn't too impressed. He's like an even less-technical version of Yager from last season: showed lotsa flash, but not much substance

billwilliams70
09-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I dunno, but he is the guy that GSP crossed off before he even fought in the pre-lims. Makes me wonder if he had prior knowledge of this guy.
You're right....he is that guy. I would have to go back and re-watch last night's episode to see if he's the one that said he'd go to sleep before tapping though.

Later.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 03:41 PM
You're right....he is that guy. I would have to go back and re-watch last night's episode to see if he's the one that said he'd go to sleep before tapping though.

Later.
I just watched the Aftermath, & yeah, he's that guy. Leeroy said that he wanted to test the guy's integrity. :laugh:

billwilliams70
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
I just watched the Aftermath, & yeah, he's that guy. Leeroy said that he wanted to test the guy's integrity. :laugh:
That's too funny.....I like it when that kind of stuff happens.

I also loved the strategy that GSP played on Koscheck, it worked so well!

Later.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
That's too funny.....I like it when that kind of stuff happens.

I also loved the strategy that GSP played on Koscheck, it worked so well!

Later.
Yeah, that was pretty funny. Best part is that one of my buddies named Alex is a giant GSP fan & the way that GSP acted as he came up with & executed the plan reminded me so much of Alex.

billwilliams70
09-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, that was pretty funny. Best part is that one of my buddies named Alex is a giant GSP fan & the way that GSP acted as he came up with & executed the plan reminded me so much of Alex.
He was so proud of himself for that too. I thought it was pretty funny.

Later.

VCURamFan
09-23-2010, 04:02 PM
He was so proud of himself for that too. I thought it was pretty funny.

Later.
That's exactly how Alex would act, too. :laugh:

JavierDLC
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I cant believe GSP actually cussed when he was joking around about giving hes fighters the Dialogue from the movie Full Metal Jacket :laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6VrbvfYWHQ
(language)(alert)

billwilliams70
09-23-2010, 07:00 PM
I was thinking that same thing Javier......I was telling my self that I thought it was interesting that GSP doesn't swear and then he did.

Later.

Twinsmama
09-23-2010, 08:54 PM
i hope that it's just editing making GSP look.......likeable. :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
09-24-2010, 12:49 AM

he is gonna gain a lot more fans after this ... but there will always be the haters ...LOL

JavierDLC
09-24-2010, 12:51 AM

What do you mean? He's a cool guy. :)

bradwright
09-24-2010, 01:43 AM
I cant believe GSP actually cussed when he was joking around about giving hes fighters the Dialogue from the movie Full Metal Jacket :laugh::laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6VrbvfYWHQ
(language)(alert)

of course he swears.....after all,he is French.:wink:

County Mike
09-24-2010, 01:55 PM
What did GSP do to trick Kos in the team selections? Part of my DVR recording was interrupted and that got cut out.

Lentz (the dude who smokes and lost) fought one of our fighters in Atlantic City when they were both still amateurs. Our guy (Bryan Danner) controlled him on the ground for three rounds and Lentz somehow won by decision. At the time, Lentz was the amateur champion so I guess he got an edge in the judges mind. No head strikes on the ground is the only thing that saved him from a TKO.

VCURamFan
09-24-2010, 03:27 PM
What did GSP do to trick Kos in the team selections? Part of my DVR recording was interrupted and that got cut out.

Lentz (the dude who smokes and lost) fought one of our fighters in Atlantic City when they were both still amateurs. Our guy (Bryan Danner) controlled him on the ground for three rounds and Lentz somehow won by decision. At the time, Lentz was the amateur champion so I guess he got an edge in the judges mind. No head strikes on the ground is the only thing that saved him from a TKO.
Micahel Johnson was the top seed in both teams minds. Jackson told GSP that (if he won the toss) he should take first fighter rather than first fight, since if you have the best guys, you'll win the match-ups. Then, just in case Kos won the toss & elected to take first fighter, GSP wanted to insure that he still got Michael, so he wrote out a dummy list, putting Marc Stevens (the guy Kos had formerly coach at Univ orf Buffalo) at #1 in large, bold letters. Kos was planning to pick Michael at #1, but when he saw that GSP was planning to take his boy, he grabbed him first, allowing GSP to pick both the top seeded contestant & the first match-up.

Kinda how Matt told sarah that he wanted to pick Joe Scarola, making sarah waste a pick saving "his boy".

rearnakedchoke
09-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Micahel Johnson was the top seed in both teams minds. Jackson told GSP that (if he won the toss) he should take first fighter rather than first fight, since if you have the best guys, you'll win the match-ups. Then, just in case Kos won the toss & elected to take first fighter, GSP wanted to insure that he still got Michael, so he wrote out a dummy list, putting Marc Stevens (the guy Kos had formerly coach at Univ orf Buffalo) at #1 in large, bold letters. Kos was planning to pick Michael at #1, but when he saw that GSP was planning to take his boy, he grabbed him first, allowing GSP to pick both the top seeded contestant & the first match-up.

Kinda how Matt told sarah that he wanted to pick Joe Scarola, making sarah waste a pick saving "his boy".

yeah .. both sarah and kos are dummies for falling for this ...

VCURamFan
09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
yeah .. both sarah and kos are dummies for falling for this ...
Agreed.

County Mike
09-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Sweet.

Tyburn
09-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Who would have thought that Georges was so submissive :blink: I'm kinda with Dana White on this one...He lets the fighter pick the fight...and what is it with basically handing over his ability, or inability to coach, to Greg Jackson :blink:

Thats fascinating...as is the Bias of the UFC...Did you notice who cam first in their Liturgical Order? First in Credits, First in Training camp showing, First in his fighter entering the cage.

:ninja: Tell me why The UFC are putting Josh Koscheck ABOVE Georges Saint Pierre :ninja:

VCURamFan
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Who would have thought that Georges was so submissive :blink: I'm kinda with Dana White on this one...He lets the fighter pick the fight...and what is it with basically handing over his ability, or inability to coach, to Greg Jackson :blink:

Thats fascinating...as is the Bias of the UFC...Did you notice who cam first in their Liturgical Order? First in Credits, First in Training camp showing, First in his fighter entering the cage.

:ninja: Tell me why The UFC are putting Josh Koscheck ABOVE Georges Saint Pierre :ninja:

Dave, it's the same as why Kos will enter the Octagon first in December: GSP's the champ & you save the best for last.

Tyburn
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Dave, it's the same as why Kos will enter the Octagon first in December: GSP's the champ & you save the best for last.

But on the Credits...GSP comes first

Thats my whole point. The UFC is supposed to follow a liturgical order...that means the later you are...the more important you are

SO explain to me why GSP came first on the Credits, GSP was introduced to the cast first, GSPs training session was shown first, GSPs fighter went into the cage first.

Why is GSP first...when due to his status he should be last :huh:

rearnakedchoke
09-27-2010, 02:30 PM
no man ... it's like in the movies .. the star is first on the list of credits at the begining, even before the name of the movie itself in some cases ... but come fight day, GSP will enter the ring last ... and also leave last after he gives his post-fight victory speech ..

Tyburn
09-27-2010, 03:15 PM
no man ... it's like in the movies .. the star is first on the list of credits at the begining, even before the name of the movie itself in some cases ... but come fight day, GSP will enter the ring last ... and also leave last after he gives his post-fight victory speech ..

thats not how the UFC work. They use The Liturgical Order. On the introductions to everything...they will show the least important first, and the most important at the last possible moment.

I explain better in my TUF Review which has been published by SquaredOctagon dot com....

Take a looookey :happydancing:

As has become the UFCs custom, the first week of TUF is always taken up with a bunch of hand selected prospects being asked to prove their worth by fighting to gain a place in on the reality show. Naturally, as usual, the UFC only show highlights from half the fights, this saves time, but makes it impossible to make predictions on which two fighters will be selected for a wild card fight and immediate advancement later in the show. For now, for me, two people stick out. The first one is called Kyle Watson, we only saw highlights of his fight, in which he choked out his opponent to gain entry into the House. The other fighter was Dane Sayers, who wasn’t always winning the fight that got him into the house, and might have started with an egotistical display that nearly backfired, but showed that even with and after making mistakes, good talent and heart can produce a victory. One thing we can say is that TUF has taken a step back from pure hype

http://www.highunderground.com/index.php?page=47 (yes it is JBs website :w00t: )

Tyburn
10-02-2010, 10:09 PM
do you know..I thought Aaron Wilkinson sounded terribly familiar.

This is crazy...You remember about two years ago when I would go to every single Cage Gladiator event as a guest of the owner :huh: Well, I know Aaron Wilkinson from that, he was a regular on the card, I never got to speak to him...but someone who I know, and got to speak to plenty...is a guy called Paul Sass...he's making his UFC debut at UFC 120...its a small world isnt it :blink:

I am now watching fighters I saw at this little backwater promotion, about to become stars on the international stage...its bizzare...I knew them before they were famous :laugh: