PDA

View Full Version : Dana: "GSP: the Greatest Welterweight on the Planet"

Tyburn
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
2.25 into the first episode of TUF 12...and I'm already ready for another rant video. You all better hope I dont get to meet Dana White at UFC120 or the Fan Expo :angry:

Tyburn
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Did I mention I met Kyle Watson this time last year :ninja: actually, to be Exactly Three Hundred and Fifty Eight Days ago :huh:

:laugh:

Tyburn
09-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I recognise a lot more names then I thought I would, I think they've actually chosen proper fighters this time :blink: makes a change :laugh:

bj44
09-21-2010, 09:48 PM
He didnt say of all time.... H\Whats your agrument for him not being the best on the planet right now.... Hes the five time defending champion of the world and has been for 2 years!!!

Tyburn
09-21-2010, 09:51 PM
He didnt say of all time.... H\Whats your agrument for him not being the best on the planet right now.... Hes the five time defending champion of the world and has been for 2 years!!!

By my Reckoning, Matt Hughes is still very much on the Planet.

or do you dissagree :huh: Even Josh Koscheck looked a bit taken aback. Oh and poor GSP sorta sat there like a spare part whilst Koscheck and White mumbled to each other during all the fights.

I do wish they'd shown the entire fight with Kyle Watson :rolleyes: Shame about Amir :(

Tyburn
09-21-2010, 09:57 PM
:happydancing: My favourite is the lil indian guy :happydancing:

CAVEMAN
09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
By my Reckoning, Matt Hughes is still very much on the Planet.

or do you dissagree :huh: Even Josh Koscheck looked a bit taken aback. Oh and poor GSP sorta sat there like a spare part whilst Koscheck and White mumbled to each other during all the fights.

I do wish they'd shown the entire fight with Kyle Watson :rolleyes: Shame about Amir :(

That's because he can't speak plain english!:laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
That's because he can't speak plain english!:laugh::laugh:

Did you notice how the ignored him though :huh: Also...they used subtitles for the British Fighter that won...but no subtitles for what-did-he-say-pierre :laugh:

Also...Which was the wildcard fight...coz I couldnt work out which two loosers got a second chance :blink:...and Amir Killah lost :sad: and they didnt show the whole Kyle Watson fight :angry: but the funny lil indian guy I did enjoy :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
09-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Did you notice how the ignored him though :huh: Also...they used subtitles for the British Fighter that won...but no subtitles for what-did-he-say-pierre :laugh:

Also...Which was the wildcard fight...coz I couldnt work out which two loosers got a second chance :blink:...and Amir Killah lost :sad: and they didnt show the whole Kyle Watson fight :angry: but the funny lil indian guy I did enjoy :laugh:

GSP is hands down the greatest WW on the planet ... and probably the best pound for pound champ also right now

Maldonado136
09-22-2010, 12:44 AM
like someone else said dana didnt say of all time he said the best right now and he is. and what would happen if you meet dana? Do you really think that you're gonna put him in his place for something that he isn't even wrong about lol

VCURamFan
09-22-2010, 01:26 AM

Wild card doesn't happen until after the next round. Two of the already-in-the-house-losers rematch for a shot at the quarter-finals.

JavierDLC
09-22-2010, 02:49 AM
GSP is hands down the greatest WW on the planet ... and probably the best pound for pound champ also right now

Hey Rearnaked I agree with you :) on this thread where friends but on the Sonnen thread where you bash him were not ok :wink:

GSP is the best Welter right now but from all time it would be Matt hands down :)

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 03:27 AM
2.25 into the first episode of TUF 12...and I'm already ready for another rant video. You all better hope I dont get to meet Dana White at UFC120 or the Fan Expo :angry:

Or you will do what? Give the multi millionaire a piece of your mind?

What exactly would you do?

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 03:30 AM
GSP is the best Welter right now but from all time it would be Matt hands down :)

Agreed!

Bonnie
09-22-2010, 03:32 AM
Hey Rearnaked I agree with you :) on this thread where friends but on the Sonnen thread where you bash him were not ok :wink:

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
like someone else said dana didnt say of all time he said the best right now and he is. and what would happen if you meet dana? Do you really think that you're gonna put him in his place for something that he isn't even wrong about lol

I would ask him about his rehtoric yes. I think though he tends to ham up what he says at the time, making what he says nothing more then a meaningless compliment in order to promote something at any one time.

J.B.
09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
You all better hope I dont get to meet Dana White at UFC120 or the Fan Expo :angry:

I, for one, hope that you do get to meet Dana, and I hope you get it on video so I can post it on the blog....:laugh:

VCURamFan
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
I would ask him about his rehtoric yes. I think though he tends to ham up what he says at the time, making what he says nothing more then a meaningless compliment in order to promote something at any one time.
Dave, you do realize that Dana White is a Promoter, right? It's his job to sell the hot ticket items. When he's on camera, he's only supposed to tell as much of the truth as will increase PPV buys. It's like being the media correspondant for the President: yeah, you know all the dirty little secrets, but it's your job to make sure that no one else does.

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 02:27 PM
I, for one, hope that you do get to meet Dana, and I hope you get it on video so I can post it on the blog....:laugh:

That would be a tyburn blog I would actually watch.

VCURamFan
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
That would be a tyburn blog I would actually watch.
Hahaha, agreed! Dave, you need to just walk around with your camera going the entire time just in case you bump into him when you're not expecting it!

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 04:19 PM

Well, you never know. There is a lot I'd like to discuss with him, thats for certain :laugh:

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Dave, you do realize that Dana White is a Promoter, right? It's his job to sell the hot ticket items. When he's on camera, he's only supposed to tell as much of the truth as will increase PPV buys. It's like being the media correspondant for the President: yeah, you know all the dirty little secrets, but it's your job to make sure that no one else does.

TUF is a free show....by the time you've heard him say that, you're already watching...which brings me to the point that IF Dana White really wanted media attention over TUF...he might try broadcasting it on British Television :rolleyes:

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
TUF is a free show....by the time you've heard him say that, you're already watching...which brings me to the point that IF Dana White really wanted media attention over TUF...he might try broadcasting it on British Television :rolleyes:

No TUF is not a free show.

TUF is aired on Spike TV. Spike TV is part of most cable companies "Basic Tier" of service. Meaning you have to subscribe to the tier of service to have it.

Free TV would be television that can be viewed "over the air". Spike TV has never been a "over the air" broadcast.

If Dana wanted "british" attention, he may try and find a channel affiliate to carry TUF. I guess he doesn't.

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
If Dana wanted "british" attention, he may try and find a channel affiliate to carry TUF. I guess he doesn't.

He's tried...on and off...he's just yet to pull it off successfully. :rolleyes:

If he wants British Fighters, he needs British attention. :mellow:

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 05:13 PM
He's tried...on and off...he's just yet to pull it off successfully. :rolleyes:

If he wants British Fighters, he needs British attention. :mellow:

Actually it seems more like there are British fighters that are causing British attention.

J.B.
09-22-2010, 05:19 PM
No TUF is not a free show.

TUF is aired on Spike TV. Spike TV is part of most cable companies "Basic Tier" of service. Meaning you have to subscribe to the tier of service to have it.

Free TV would be television that can be viewed "over the air". Spike TV has never been a "over the air" broadcast.

Most people have basic cable nowadays, so even though it's not actually free, most people consider anything thats not PPV or premium channels like HBO or Showtime to be "free" tv.

Dana definitely wants British attention. They just inked a big TV deal over there with Sky Sports.

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Most people have basic cable nowadays, so even though it's not actually free, most people consider anything thats not PPV or premium channels like HBO or Showtime to be "free" tv.

Dana definitely wants British attention. They just inked a big TV deal over there with Sky Sports.

BTW...what Spiritwalker may not know, is that our Terrestrial Channels arent free either. to own a TV you have to have a TV Liscence...and they are very expensive. Thats just to watch the basic channels...of which there are only five

British Broadcasting One
British Broadcasting Two
Independent Tele Vision
Channel Four
Channel Five

This Liscence, and you need one for each TV I think if they are in different rooms, is something you have to buy EACH YEAR...you get a discount for Black and White TVs :laugh: the cost is the annual sum of 126.50 which is around $200ish Beware...the Liscence fee often goes up between the years. You need a liscence EVEN IF you only ever use your TV to play videos or DVDs

The next level up is Freeview which you pay a one off fee of about 30 ($50) and get a load of Cable channels that broadcast through this box you are given.

The next level up is Cable, and most people have this now. You pay a suppliment to a company to effectively hire out a box, and they provide you with channels. The more you pay them, the bigger the package of channels you get.

Following that, the top level is Sky TV, and this works on a similar principle except not only do you need a box, you also need a dish...beware, in rented accomodation you'll need permission from the land lord...and astoundingly, the Council could move to stop you if they dont think the dish compliments the area...British Laws regarding anything to the exteria of the house, or anything in the street are absolute minefields.

Wanna raise a flagpole? better get council planning permission first...and even then, you are NOT allowed to fly just any flags...there are guidelines on what you can and can not fly. The flagpole actually attests to anywhere on the property...even if its free standing in the Garden.

Suppose for arguments sake. I wanted to errect a simple flag pole to the outside of my flat, and once a year, for arguments sake, fly the Stars and Stripes Standard I have stuck on my wall, say across 4th July weekend, just as a token gesture for a country we are allied to.

I would not be allowed. Firstly, they would forceably remove the banner, because no Standard of any other Country then England, or the Union Jack is permitted, then they would demand I remove the pole because I didnt ask their permission. If I refused they would start to fine me...if I still refuse I risk being dragged to a criminal court.

In order to fly foreign flags I think you have to be a business of somekind, and you probably need some really expensive liscences. Half of me wondered if they would let me bring it through customs on my return from ADT1. That was a serious thought too.

J.B.
09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
BTW...what Spiritwalker may not know, is that our Terrestrial Channels arent free either. to own a TV you have to have a TV Liscence...and they are very expensive. Thats just to watch the basic channels...of which there are only five

British Broadcasting One
British Broadcasting Two
Independent Tele Vision
Channel Four
Channel Five

This Liscence, and you need one for each TV I think if they are in different rooms, is something you have to buy EACH YEAR...you get a discount for Black and White TVs :laugh: the cost is the annual sum of 126.50 which is around $200ish Beware...the Liscence fee often goes up between the years. You need a liscence EVEN IF you only ever use your TV to play videos or DVDs

The next level up is Freeview which you pay a one off fee of about 30 ($50) and get a load of Cable channels that broadcast through this box you are given.

The next level up is Cable, and most people have this now. You pay a suppliment to a company to effectively hire out a box, and they provide you with channels. The more you pay them, the bigger the package of channels you get.

Following that, the top level is Sky TV, and this works on a similar principle except not only do you need a box, you also need a dish...beware, in rented accomodation you'll need permission from the land lord...and astoundingly, the Council could move to stop you if they dont think the dish compliments the area...British Laws regarding anything to the exteria of the house, or anything in the street are absolute minefields.

Wanna raise a flagpole? better get council planning permission first...and even then, you are NOT allowed to fly just any flags...there are guidelines on what you can and can not fly. The flagpole actually attests to anywhere on the property...even if its free standing in the Garden.

See, there are rules that you gotta follow in life. :wink:

If you watch TV without a license, do you get a trial or do you just get punished with a fine? :tongue0011:

I'm just teasing...but seriously, do they even test the TV's for PED's? :laugh:

Okay, now I'm seriously done teasing...that is pretty crazy that you need a license to buy a TV and watch DVD's...people here in America would overthrow the government violently if they tried that crap here. Or they would just ignore it, which I'm sure many people do over there, lol

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Actually it seems more like there are British fighters that are causing British attention.

thats coz he only ever seems to market British Fighters, to British people. :laugh:

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
See, there are rules that you gotta follow in life. :wink:

If you watch TV without a license, do you get a trial or do you just get punished with a fine? :tongue0011:

I'm just teasing...but seriously, do they even test the TV's for PED's? :laugh:

Okay, now I'm seriously done teasing...that is pretty crazy that you need a license to buy a TV and watch DVD's...people here in America would overthrow the government violently if they tried that crap here. Or they would just ignore it, which I'm sure many people do over there, lol

Their slogan is "pay now, or you will pay later" :unsure-1:

I think fines...and conviscation obviously, followed by a court summons I suppose.

I think billions of people ignore it...but they arent dumb. They use a device to see if something is receiving the TV signal, and then see if that property is registered with the liscence :unsure-1:

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
I understand the TV broadcast receiver licence.. I learned about it while watching an episode of The Young Ones about 20 years ago...(the Young Ones is probably one of the best things that you "blokes" have done, TV wise.. LOVE that show.. and yes.. Tyburn you would be Neil Pye)...

I was watching and heard about it.. I said "huh???".. and did old school digging.. you reading in a library...

It's basically a tax.. kinda stupid.. Your "licence" grants you premission to do what we get to do free.. for Over the Air broadcasts.

But to also have to have the "licence" ( I call it a luxuary tax) to watch something that is not being received over the air.. it VERY stupid.. IMO..

The same could be done with radios.. or even cell phones.. what about watching movies on your newest iPhone.. a tax for that..

No wonder we threw that tea party a few years back...

ah well..

atomdanger
09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Dana pretty much says whoever he is talking about is either

1. Best p4p fighter on earth
2. Best *enter weight class* fighter on earth
3. Could beat Fedor

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 06:54 PM
It's basically a tax.. kinda stupid.. Your "licence" grants you premission to do what we get to do free.. for Over the Air broadcasts.

But to also have to have the "licence" ( I call it a luxuary tax) to watch something that is not being received over the air.. it VERY stupid.. IMO..

The Liscence fees, pay for the BBC, that is why its called the British Broadcasting Company. It doesnt use the name lightly...it uses it because it litterally is funded by the Public. Its not a Tax to the government as such, the money goes to the BBC :rolleyes:

The Government would say that you could pretend to use the TV just for videos and DVDs...but what is to stop you receiving transmissions....see you Americans always complain about the state of affaires in your country without realizing how bad some other countries actually have it :laugh:

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 07:09 PM
The Liscence fees, pay for the BBC, that is why its called the British Broadcasting Company. It doesnt use the name lightly...it uses it because it litterally is funded by the Public. Its not a Tax to the government as such, the money goes to the BBC :rolleyes:

The Government would say that you could pretend to use the TV just for videos and DVDs...but what is to stop you receiving transmissions....see you Americans always complain about the state of affaires in your country without realizing how bad some other countries actually have it :laugh:

I/we complain from within.. we know we are the best place on earth comparatively.. and just plain factually...:happydancing:

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 07:15 PM
I/we complain from within.. we know we are the best place on earth comparatively.. and just plain factually...:happydancing:

Well, Chicago probably is. I dont know about exactly where you come from :laugh:

Spiritwalker
09-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Well, Chicago probably is. I dont know about exactly where you come from :laugh:

You need to see more....

Not saying that Chicago is bad... but there is much better..

VCURamFan
09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
TUF is a free show....by the time you've heard him say that, you're already watching...which brings me to the point that IF Dana White really wanted media attention over TUF...he might try broadcasting it on British Television :rolleyes:You don't get it Dave: after about TUF 3, the show stopped being about the new young talent & more abaout marketing the coaches' fight. The TUF franchise is now just what the UFC was when it was created: the most arresting infomercial you've ever seen. It's no longer TUF, TUF 2, TUF 3, TUF 4: The Comeback, etc. Now it's TUF: Nog vs. Mir, TUF: Rampage vs. Rashad, TUF: GSP vs. Kos. They're out-right telling you that the entire put of the show is pitting the 2 coaches against each other, not the fighters: 95% of them won't last past the season & the winner will prolly be relegated to UFNs for a year or so.
Dana pretty much says whoever he is talking about is either

1. Best p4p fighter on earth
2. Best *enter weight class* fighter on earth
3. Could beat Fedor
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
You need to see more....

Well, I am coming back in 2012 :laugh: another douzen or so states to traverse, and I'll have covered almost as much of the States as Amtrak Affords :laugh:

You know, Chicago is special to me. It wasnt the first place I saw in the United States...but it may as well have been. We left Philadelphia International Airport and flew over Lake Michigan in order to land at Chicago...We broke through the clouds just as we were about to cross the shoreline, and it was early dusk. I'll never forget staring out at the windows with my mouth agog. I vowed on that plane, right then, that one day I would walk the coastal shoreline of that inland ocean...as on the first trip, I had no intention of seeing anything of Chicago at all.

Two Years later I returned, and I got the same feeling, again approaching from the East, this tme you could see the skyline from the train tracks as we passed through an industrial quarter. It was magical. The following two days I spent in Chicago were, very profound...I found it a very peaceful city with some beauties...some of the photographs I got from it were astounding. You can see them in the video links below. I even decided where I would like to live :laugh: its one of the two towers of Marina City :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CSiztj50IY (my review/music video of Chicago)

JavierDLC
09-22-2010, 10:18 PM

Are you being serious?:scared0015:

Do they also make you guys wear stripe pajamas and a yellow star in your chest?

Tyburn
09-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Are you being serious?:scared0015:

Do they also make you guys wear stripe pajamas and a yellow star in your chest?

Yes I am Serious.

No they do not :laugh:

J.B.
09-22-2010, 10:32 PM
You need to see more....

If you won't say it, then I will.

Chicago can really SUCK ASS!

It has it's good parts, but it's far from the best place on earth. Still, it will always be a place near and dear to my heart and a place I call home.

JavierDLC
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Yes I am Serious.

No they do not :laugh:

Im sorry bro that sucks! :sad:

Tyburn
09-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Im sorry bro that sucks! :sad:

Well I pay for mine in monthly installments...so I hardly notice it going out...but it is just one more idiotic thing that dissapears from my wage before I can get my hands on it :sad:

I have one of the lowest TV packages...My parents have managed to get less, dont ask me how, because they told me mine was as basic as they go :blink: but I'm happy with that its only 12 per month..of course that doesnt include the other part of the bill which includes telephone line rental, or broadband, plus event charges for on demand, and cost of telephone calls...oh and a bloody charge for a paper based version of the bill :laugh: that abot $2 :angry:

Then there is Water rates, Gas, Electricity, Council Tax and Rent for the House :laugh: That goes out of course after the income tax dissapears on every pay check....then I have gym membership aswell :ashamed:

I think thats about it...but I'd have to check to be sure :wacko:

JavierDLC
09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Well I pay for mine in monthly installments...so I hardly notice it going out...but it is just one more idiotic thing that dissapears from my wage before I can get my hands on it :sad:

I have one of the lowest TV packages...My parents have managed to get less, dont ask me how, because they told me mine was as basic as they go :blink: but I'm happy with that its only 12 per month..of course that doesnt include the other part of the bill which includes telephone line rental, or broadband, plus event charges for on demand, and cost of telephone calls...oh and a bloody charge for a paper based version of the bill :laugh: that abot $2 :angry:

Then there is Water rates, Gas, Electricity, Council Tax and Rent for the House :laugh: That goes out of course after the income tax dissapears on every pay check....then I have gym membership aswell :ashamed:

I think thats about it...but I'd have to check to be sure :wacko:

Yeah I just paid $170.00 for my satellite bill which included UFC 117 HD :cry:

Tyburn
09-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah I just paid $170.00 for my satellite bill which included UFC 117 HD :cry:

well my Virgin Media Bill this month cost 61...which is maybe about $90 thats quite high...coz I confess to watching a few on demand movies :ashamed:

rearnakedchoke
09-24-2010, 12:54 AM

i never did bash sonnen ... i think his positive test sucks for the sport .. i hope he wins his appeal ...

Matt Hughes greatest WW ever ... NO DOUBT!