PDA

View Full Version : How's it going, guys?

Rochambeau
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM
I feel like I don't hear enough from you all and I want to. Please, talk to me. How was the weekend? What's on for this week?

:happydancing:

DonnaMaria
09-21-2010, 04:07 PM
The weekend always goes too fast! lol!:laugh: But it was fun!

Tonight is my first tap dance class since the recital last June! :happydancing: I'm excited about that! And Saturday the girls and I are going to work at the local Animal Shelter! So we are looking forward to helping out there!:)

That's about as exciting as it gets for me!:laugh:

Rochambeau
09-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Wow. How long have you been a tap dancer? I like to do a little slap ball change on the basketball court sometimes. The animal shelter sounds like something the kids will enjoy.

TexasRN
09-21-2010, 05:15 PM
This past weekend I dogsat for my boyfriend's parents. They have 2 yellow labs and I have a black lab mix. It was fun but chaotic. I did laundry but didn't get any other cleaning done like I normally would because the dog hair was overwhelming. :unsure-1: They were picked up last night so now I am back to having just my Henry.

This week I have a lot of meetings for my primary job. I am on call for the week for my second job. I am going to the gym tonight for JJ class.

This weekend I will be on call and I am slated to take the breakfast snack for my class at church. I am thinking bagels.

Um, I guess I need to add something fun in there at some point so my week doesn't look so sucky. :laugh:

~Amy

VCURamFan
09-21-2010, 05:15 PM
My weekend was pretty mundane. Went to a truck pull Friday night, slept in Saturday, played video games & watched football, then went to see The Town (great movie). Sunday I went to chruch, starting transferring all of Matt's fights onto my iPad, took a nap, watched Peyton embarrass his little brother then went to bed.

Nothing amazing, but still a good time in my book. :)

Rochambeau
09-21-2010, 05:26 PM
This past weekend I dogsat for my boyfriend's parents. They have 2 yellow labs and I have a black lab mix. It was fun but chaotic. I did laundry but didn't get any other cleaning done like I normally would because the dog hair was overwhelming. :unsure-1: They were picked up last night so now I am back to having just my Henry.

This week I have a lot of meetings for my primary job. I am on call for the week for my second job. I am going to the gym tonight for JJ class.

This weekend I will be on call and I am slated to take the breakfast snack for my class at church. I am thinking bagels.

Um, I guess I need to add something fun in there at some point so my week doesn't look so sucky. :laugh:

~Amy

Labs always make me smile, but I get annoyed by the hair that my chihuahua drops and a lab would drop so much more. Henry is a great name.

Bagels sound the most fun out of everything that you mentioned. Is this your first jiu jitsu class in a year or is this the second one now?

My weekend was pretty mundane. Went to a truck pull Friday night, slept in Saturday, played video games & watched football, then went to see The Town (great movie). Sunday I went to chruch, starting transferring all of Matt's fights onto my iPad, took a nap, watched Peyton embarrass his little brother then went to bed.

Nothing amazing, but still a good time in my book. :)

I want to see The Town. Hopefully I can do that soon. I don't get too excited for American football, but I do for Australian football! You know what I did the first time I played a NFL game? When I had the option to punt, I punted the ball through the goal thinking that it would score me points, but that didn't work...

VCURamFan
09-21-2010, 05:37 PM

~AmyWhen you mentioned dog sitting it reminded me that I resuced a dog on Sunday! Oliver (I thought it was a good name for him, a beautiful, friendly, well-mannered Weimaraner) was just strolling down the sidewalk outside of church as I headed to my car. I whistled & he came bounding over all smiles & slobber & wagging tale. Forutnately his owner (who clearly loved him, I've never seen a dogs teeth so clean!!) had her phone number & a "Home Again" tag on his collar. I got him home in less than 20min later. :happydancing:

Also, I assumed that JJ class was the fun thing in that list. At least when you jacked up your toe you got to keep all the bits! :laugh:

I want to see The Town. Hopefully I can do that soon. I don't get too excited for American football, but I do for Australian football! You know what I did the first time I played a NFL game? When I had the option to punt, I punted the ball through the goal thinking that it would score me points, but that didn't work...
I thought it was a great movie. I hate Ben affleck as an actor, his directing is superb. Fortunately the acting in this movie didn't detract from the directing. Well made & very enjoyable.

J.B.
09-21-2010, 05:40 PM
My weekend was boring until Sunday...then it was Football and Chael Sonnen (Rx)... :propeller:

rearnakedchoke
09-21-2010, 06:27 PM
The weekend always goes too fast! lol!:laugh: But it was fun!

Tonight is my first tap dance class since the recital last June! :happydancing: I'm excited about that! And Saturday the girls and I are going to work at the local Animal Shelter! So we are looking forward to helping out there!:)

That's about as exciting as it gets for me!:laugh:

really?

Llamafighter
09-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Weekend was pretty quiet. did dinner with my wife on Friday. Saturday had Muay Thai class, Church, and then went to eat and the grocery. Ended the evening by watching Wonder Boys with Chopstix. Sunday I bummed around the house most of the day and worked on music.

That's about it.

TexasRN
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Labs always make me smile, but I get annoyed by the hair that my chihuahua drops and a lab would drop so much more. Henry is a great name.

Bagels sound the most fun out of everything that you mentioned. Is this your first jiu jitsu class in a year or is this the second one now?

I love dogs. I rescued Henry from a young girl who was neglecting him horribly. She was going to take him to a kill shelter. :cry: So I took his scrawny, sad, always locked in a crate and never let out, tail home. I had to feed him boiled chicken and rice at first because he couldn't stomach real food, he'd vomit and have diarrhea. Anyway, he's a spoiled mess now. :laugh:

The JJ class will be the second one in a year now. Last week I went and I sucked, of course after a year off, but I'll get better every time I go. I enjoy it way more than I should.

~Amy

TexasRN
09-21-2010, 07:10 PM
When you mentioned dog sitting it reminded me that I resuced a dog on Sunday! Oliver (I thought it was a good name for him, a beautiful, friendly, well-mannered Weimaraner) was just strolling down the sidewalk outside of church as I headed to my car. I whistled & he came bounding over all smiles & slobber & wagging tale. Forutnately his owner (who clearly loved him, I've never seen a dogs teeth so clean!!) had her phone number & a "Home Again" tag on his collar. I got him home in less than 20min later. :happydancing:

Also, I assumed that JJ class was the fun thing in that list. At least when you jacked up your toe you got to keep all the bits! :laugh:

Yes, I have all my toe bits. :laugh: Well unless you count that the joint was scraped out and fixed so it no longer moves. :unsure-1:

Good for you with Oliver. That is another great dog name. I love old man names. They crack me up. Well and Oliver was a Disney cartoon and I loved it being the big softie I can sometimes be when I'm not being a mean witch.

~Amy

surveyorshawn
09-22-2010, 02:59 AM
Our dog is named Angel. Her mother was a fiest and her father was a black lab. She looks exactly like a lab, but is solid white, and is about 12" tall at the shoulder, so I have no idea what genetics her mom contributed, other than reducing her size somewhat, lol. He mom was Molly, a dog we had for about 7 years before she passed away, and Angel was from her last litter of puppies. Ben and Emily love Angel! She is a sweet dog, and only barks at strangers.

flo
09-22-2010, 03:27 AM
I love dogs. I rescued Henry from a young girl who was neglecting him horribly. She was going to take him to a kill shelter. :cry: So I took his scrawny, sad, always locked in a crate and never let out, tail home. I had to feed him boiled chicken and rice at first because he couldn't stomach real food, he'd vomit and have diarrhea. Anyway, he's a spoiled mess now. :laugh:

~Amy

You rock, Amy.

Rochambeau
09-22-2010, 03:29 AM
I thought it was a great movie. I hate Ben affleck as an actor, his directing is superb. Fortunately the acting in this movie didn't detract from the directing. Well made & very enjoyable.

I don't really have much of a reason to like him nor dislike him.

My weekend was boring until Sunday...then it was Football and Chael Sonnen (Rx)... :propeller:

Explain the latter.

Weekend was pretty quiet. did dinner with my wife on Friday. Saturday had Muay Thai class, Church, and then went to eat and the grocery. Ended the evening by watching Wonder Boys with Chopstix. Sunday I bummed around the house most of the day and worked on music.

That's about it.

You have Muay Thai and then Church??

The JJ class will be the second one in a year now. Last week I went and I sucked, of course after a year off, but I'll get better every time I go. I enjoy it way more than I should.

~Amy

Henry sounds like a lucky dog then and I'm sure the classes will get better each time.

Our dog is named Angel. Her mother was a fiest and her father was a black lab. She looks exactly like a lab, but is solid white, and is about 12" tall at the shoulder, so I have no idea what genetics her mom contributed, other than reducing her size somewhat, lol. He mom was Molly, a dog we had for about 7 years before she passed away, and Angel was from her last litter of puppies. Ben and Emily love Angel! She is a sweet dog, and only barks at strangers.

Does she drop much hair?

J.B.
09-22-2010, 03:37 AM
Explain the latter.

Not much to explain, just a nice Sunday of watching football and partaking in E-laughter as the news of Chael Sonnen's drug test hit the MMA world. Other than that, last weekend was pretty boring for me.

Neezar
09-22-2010, 03:44 AM
I feel like I don't hear enough from you all and I want to. Please, talk to me. How was the weekend? What's on for this week?

:happydancing:

Lovin' the friend that you brought over. :rolleyes:

surveyorshawn
09-22-2010, 03:52 AM
Does she drop much hair?

Hardly any at all. Of course it's nearing the end of summer now, so she's going to start putting on a little more for winter. I'm sure she'll shed a bit more in the spring.

Rochambeau
09-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Not much to explain, just a nice Sunday of watching football and partaking in E-laughter as the news of Chael Sonnen's drug test hit the MMA world. Other than that, last weekend was pretty boring for me.

Oh, yes, of course.

Lovin' the friend that you brought over. :rolleyes:

Same. He's created some good even discussion now.

Hardly any at all. Of course it's nearing the end of summer now, so she's going to start putting on a little more for winter. I'm sure she'll shed a bit more in the spring.

That's alright then. It's Spring here at the moment, so my doggy will probably be losing more hair~!