PDA

View Full Version : Kevin James to Film UFC-Themed Comedy

atomdanger
09-19-2010, 01:53 AM
http://www.cagepotato.com/keep-your-expectations-low-alert-kevin-james-ufc-movie

Comic actor Kevin James has long been a familiar face at UFC events, so we suppose it was only a matter of time before this happened. According to a report on deadline.com (via MMAMania) the star of such critically acclaimed films as Grown Ups and Paul Blart: Mall Cop has his next masterpiece in the works, and yep, it's MMA-related:

James is attached to play a physics teacher whose school faces drastic cutbacks. In an attempt to save his best friend's job and the music program his students love, he moonlights in the octagon as a mixed martial arts fighter, ultimately leading to brawling in the UFC. The film is on a fast track, and production presidents Matt Tolmach and Doug Belgrad hope to get it into production next year.

What do you guys think?

rockdawg21
09-19-2010, 02:31 AM
Kevin is a big UFC fan. I'm sure he'll make sure that it doesn't portray MMA as a joke or as violent. If anything, should be some good publicity for the sport.

atomdanger
09-19-2010, 03:43 AM
Kevin is a big UFC fan. I'm sure he'll make sure that it doesn't portray MMA as a joke or as violent. If anything, should be some good publicity for the sport.

Yeah thats sort of what I was thinking,
if there was a guy to do it I guess its good its him right?

Rev
09-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Kevin James is one of my favorite actors and a HUGE fan of mma, so I trust him with this and will be waiting for more info.

VCURamFan
09-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I get the feeling that his character's going to be a fat Rich Franklin. :laugh:

flo
09-19-2010, 06:04 PM

I totally agree. I like KJ a lot and hope the project is a success.

flo
09-19-2010, 06:05 PM
I get the feeling that his character's going to be a fat Rich Franklin. :laugh:
:laugh::laugh: