PDA

View Full Version : Joe Riggs fighting a guy who is 0 - 1 this weekend?

atomdanger
09-16-2010, 03:15 AM
http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2967:joe-riggs-is-fighting-a-guy-in-canada-whos-0-1&catid=35:events

Now I’ll tell you all about Michael Khardas; Riggs’ opponent who’s 0-1. His last fight was against Brian Coldwell (2-2) on October 10th of last year at Extreme Fighting Challenge 8 in Vernon, British Columbia. It was a fight he lost by TKO (via punches) 3:43 seconds into the first round. Prior to the only fight in his professional career He earned a brown belt alongside Carlos Newton in Ranger jiu-jitsu and apparently competed in ADCC according to the UG. Somewhere along the way, he was dubbed the 'Samurai Kardashian' and by a strange twist of fate, his second pro-fight will be against UFC, WEC, and Stikeforce veteran with forty-five professional fights in Joe Riggs -- and that’s all we know about Michael Khardas.

How is this legal?

J.B.
09-16-2010, 03:30 AM
That is odd...

Rochambeau
09-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Joe Riggs is a lot to deal with in anybody's case. Not really a good idea. Joe's going to punch this guy out.

County Mike
09-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Whatever athletic commission allowed that is crazy. Unless the guy has some other crazy credentials that we don't know about.

rearnakedchoke
09-16-2010, 03:29 PM
i guess he has some credentials as a fighter, so i don't see nothing wrong with it ... lesnar fought mir in his second fight, toney fought randy in his debut and mercer fought sylvia ... i am sure the AC in question took into consideration this guys previous combat experience outside of mma ...

Rochambeau
09-26-2010, 06:00 AM
I don't know if this even happened.