PDA

View Full Version : Women In Locker Rooms

BamaGrits84
09-15-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm suprised this topic hasn't been posted yet considering the news around the female reporter and the Jets. I really don't understand why the Jets apologized. Well maybe I do. Is it me or should the apology be for letting women in the locker rooms to begin with? There are clips were women reporter are in baseball locker rooms and a towel drops or some guy doesn't realize the camera's rolling and walks in the "hanging" out.

It's stupid to act like the men in the rooms need to be the ones help accountable. You've got about what 40 players in a locker room and a hot girl comes in? A new hot girl at that. This woman isn't stupid. I'd be willing to guess not an hour goes by when she is in a sports related area where she doesn't get hit on. And after 3 - 4 hours of beating banged on by 250+ ound men I think they guys deserve to take a shower without the worry of political correctness guiding their every move.

I think this woman is the one lacking class. Interviews need to be held outside to locker rooms period. If both male & female reports are kept out of the locker rooms no one can say anything. I mean do you really just HAVE to interview a player right that minute? You can't give them 20 minutes to shower and get dress and meet them in the hall?

rearnakedchoke
09-15-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm suprised this topic hasn't been posted yet considering the news around the female reporter and the Jets. I really don't understand why the Jets apologized. Well maybe I do. Is it me or should the apology be for letting women in the locker rooms to begin with? There are clips were women reporter are in baseball locker rooms and a towel drops or some guy doesn't realize the camera's rolling and walks in the "hanging" out.

It's stupid to act like the men in the rooms need to be the ones help accountable. You've got about what 40 players in a locker room and a hot girl comes in? A new hot girl at that. This woman isn't stupid. I'd be willing to guess not an hour goes by when she is in a sports related area where she doesn't get hit on. And after 3 - 4 hours of beating banged on by 250+ ound men I think they guys deserve to take a shower without the worry of political correctness guiding their every move.

I think this woman is the one lacking class. Interviews need to be held outside to locker rooms period. If both male & female reports are kept out of the locker rooms no one can say anything. I mean do you really just HAVE to interview a player right that minute? You can't give them 20 minutes to shower and get dress and meet them in the hall?

if reporters are allowed in the locker room, than any reporter, man, women whatever needs to be allowed in ... i am with you and say ban all reporters from the locker room, but the leagues make these rules so they can make more money ... these guys should know better than to make comments, block her way, throw balls near her .. i know they are just doing it for jokes, but still, it has got out of hand before (patriots way back in the day) and will get out of hand again ... there is a fine line between what is acceptable and what is not ..

County Mike
09-15-2010, 06:01 PM
For the record, SHE was not the one who complained. Other reporters overheard the players making comments about her and they reported it. When the NFL called her to apologize she didn't know what they were talking about.

I'd have a hard time not flirting too.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fSB7rYJT7F5pgM:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/SportSyndicate/Ines_Sainz.jpg&t=1

http://sportsvideo24.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ines-Sainz-2.jpg

She's was Miss Spain a while back. More famous than ever now though.

BamaGrits84
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
if reporters are allowed in the locker room, than any reporter, man, women whatever needs to be allowed in ... i am with you and say ban all reporters from the locker room, but the leagues make these rules so they can make more money ... these guys should know better than to make comments, block her way, throw balls near her .. i know they are just doing it for jokes, but still, it has got out of hand before (patriots way back in the day) and will get out of hand again ... there is a fine line between what is acceptable and what is not ..

I don't think the crudge behavior is ok at all regardless of who or where. I think it's foolish for anyone to allow a breading ground for it to happen which is what's happening by letting female reporters in locker rooms to begin with.
to me it's as bad as letting you teenager spend the night with a boyfriend and then getting upset when your teen comes up pregnant.

BamaGrits84
09-15-2010, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=County Mike;135653]For the record, SHE was not the one who complained. Other reporters overheard the players making comments about her and they reported it. When the NFL called her to apologize she didn't know what they were talking about.

[QUOTE]

I didn't know that. I wasn't even sure what was said exactly.

And exactly. She's hot. I wouldn't want that woman in the same room with my husband much less in a locker rooms with him! Any person with a brain would know putting her in a locker room with a bunch of guys is going to lead to some comments. It's not ok or fair, but we can't act like the player aren't human.

Bonnie
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM

That's what I say, let them get showered and dressed and go out and meet both the "men and women" reporters outside the lockerroom.

At first, I thought the same thing about her, Bama. But I watched her interview with Diane Diamond yesterday and they showed clips of her interviewing lots of high profile professional American athletes before this incident. She apparently wasn't the one who objected, but another lady reporter who was there and saw what was said, etc... I do agree that she should dress more professionally while she's on the job (no tight jeans and boobs/cleavage exposed). They showed what she was wearing that day in the lockerroom and she was completely covered (even her boobs) from what I saw. But earlier that day she was on the field in skin-tight jeans. I think she's from Spain so I'm not sure how they dress for the job over there, but, like I said, she could be a little more professional in her dress. Doesn't mean some idiot still won't make some inappropriate comment to her, but at least people won't be able to say, "Well look at how she was dressed."--like she asked for it.

County Mike
09-15-2010, 06:30 PM
That's what I say, let them get showered and dressed and go out and meet both the "men and women" reporters outside the lockerroom.

I agree with this. No reporters should be allowed in the locker room.

I think she's from Spain so I'm not sure how they dress for the job over there, but, like I said, she could be a little more professional in her dress. Doesn't mean some idiot still won't make some inappropriate comment to her, but at least people won't be able to say, "Well look at how she was dressed."--like she asked for it.

She has to dress like that because MEN watch sports. The interview is also eye-candy when she's the reporter. Sex sells baby and we're all buying.

BamaGrits84
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Sex sells baby and we're all buying.

If you look at this from her father's point of view would look at it as this? He probably doesn't through rose colored glasses. But since we all know she's partially where she is because she's eye candy for men does that negate the fact that she should be treated with respect?

I know you aren't balming her for how she was treated and neither am I.

I always tell my hubsband whatever he says to our boys about girls I hope some other dad at the same time is telling his son those same things about my husband's daughter. And likewise I ask my son to consider what they are about to say to a girl or how they are going to treat her then think about how they would feel if someone treated their sister that way. I know one thing - no one would dare treat her with disrespect and say her clothing invoked their right to do so.

County Mike
09-15-2010, 06:58 PM
I didn't say she deserved anything. I'm just saying she's HOT! She knows it and uses it to her advantage. More power to her.

BamaGrits84
09-15-2010, 07:17 PM
I didn't say she deserved anything. I'm just saying she's HOT! She knows it and uses it to her advantage. More power to her.

I know you weren't! And yes I think we all get it - she's hot and I'd see my kidney to have her butt.

Bonnie
09-15-2010, 07:53 PM

She is hot and she does appear to know it. :laugh: Nothing wrong with that. :) She doesn't seem to have a problem with the feedback she gets; however, some guys won't discern between her and say another hot female sports reporter who doesn't necessarily want to use her physical attributes for an advantage or have them used against her. It's a double-edged sword for women--especially women in what is still a male-dominated occupation.

Look what happened to Erin Andrews. First she gets violated by that low life worm and it's splashed all over the internet, then some women (which really infuriates me! :angry:) on tv bash her for her dancing costumes on DWTS--IMO insinuating it's her fault what that slime did to her. I guess she should have been wearing a burka to dance in. :rolleyes:

Not comparing these two incidents, just pointing out how hotness can have it's pitfalls. :wink: And it's all you men's fault! :tongue0011:

TexasRN
09-15-2010, 08:04 PM
just pointing out the unfortunate pitfalls of hotness. :wink:

Stupid hotness getting people in trouble.....:laugh:

~Amy

Twinsmama
09-15-2010, 08:41 PM
dang if i had her body i probably wouldn't be wearing clothes....so....i'd fit right in:laugh:

BamaGrits84
09-15-2010, 08:47 PM
dang if i had her body i probably wouldn't be wearing clothes....so....i'd fit right in:laugh:

I know right! If I looked like that I wouldn't work period. I'd have me a sugar daddy.

atomdanger
09-19-2010, 02:56 AM
You come into my locker room, you're gonna see me shower.
I'm not going to sit in my sweat and wait for you to ask questions

matthughesfan21
09-19-2010, 11:29 PM
For the record, SHE was not the one who complained. Other reporters overheard the players making comments about her and they reported it. When the NFL called her to apologize she didn't know what they were talking about.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:fSB7rYJT7F5pgM:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/SportSyndicate/Ines_Sainz.jpg&t=1

http://sportsvideo24.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ines-Sainz-2.jpg

She's was Miss Spain a while back. More famous than ever now though.
Didn't bother reading much of this thread, all that is important are those pictures:happydancing:

I wouldn't mind getting shot down by her because at least I'd get to watch her walk away:Whistle:

J.B.
09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
The Jets beat the Patriots today and that's all that matters.

No reporters should be allowed at practice or in the locker room. Thats why the teams have a post game press conference. That girl can walk into a locker room full of half-naked guys, but if a male local beat writer tried doing that at a WNBA game the press would have a field day and rip him to shreds.