PDA

View Full Version : WEC51: my coach stepping in as a replacement

Oddtodd76
09-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Not everything is locked down yet, but Jason Reinhardt looks to be the replacement for Alex Karalexis. This is taken from mmaweekly:

WEC mainstay Alex Karalexis has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled WEC 51 bout with newcomer Tiequan “The Mongolian Wolf” Zhang.

The withdrawal was first reported by AOL Fanhouse on Tuesday and independently confirmed by MMAWeekly.com sources. AOL also reported that Pat Miletich-trained Jason Reinhardt was likely to replace Karalexis, but MMAWeekly.com’s sources said that a replacement has yet to be locked down.

Zhang, fighting out of Beijing, is the first fighter from mainland China to fight for World Extreme Cagefighting.

Boasting a perfect record of 16-0, Zhang trains with China Top Team, a group led by former Brazilian Top Team member Ruy Menezes.

Sept. 30 in Broomfield, Colo.

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I remember Jason Reinhardt! :w00t:

cubsfan47
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I remember Jason Reinhardt! :w00t:

See, you haven't lost it after all have you?:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

VCURamFan
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Not everything is locked down yet, but Jason Reinhardt looks to be the replacement for Alex Karalexis. This is taken from mmaweekly:

WEC mainstay Alex Karalexis has been forced to withdraw from his scheduled WEC 51 bout with newcomer Tiequan “The Mongolian Wolf” Zhang.

The withdrawal was first reported by AOL Fanhouse on Tuesday and independently confirmed by MMAWeekly.com sources. AOL also reported that Pat Miletich-trained Jason Reinhardt was likely to replace Karalexis, but MMAWeekly.com’s sources said that a replacement has yet to be locked down.

Zhang, fighting out of Beijing, is the first fighter from mainland China to fight for World Extreme Cagefighting.

Boasting a perfect record of 16-0, Zhang trains with China Top Team, a group led by former Brazilian Top Team member Ruy Menezes.

Sept. 30 in Broomfield, Colo.

That's awesome! I hope he does well!

matthughesfan21
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
name sounds familiar...did he fight lauzon a few years ago?

Oddtodd76
09-09-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah, he got choked out by lauzon a few years ago. wasn't much of a fight! Ha

Oddtodd76
09-09-2010, 01:34 AM
He is training with Spencer and then going to Horns for a week.