PDA

View Full Version : Fighters you don't care for....

Spiritwalker
01-23-2009, 04:33 PM
And why..
Tyburn -

Fighters I dont care for include, Georges Saint Pierre, Baby Jay Penn, Matt Serra, and Renato Sobral.

Care to explain? :) /me ducks...

Liam
01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm guessing Dave doesn't like Sobral for holding the choke, and Serra for being his loud mouth self, can't really remember reasons for bj/gsp though :)

Spiritwalker
01-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't care at all for Rashad..He is a nowhere near a great person in the cage.
I don't care for Baby Jay.. He is too full of himself (though the 'huggers cause most of it)

I don't care for Anthony Johnson .. Trying to make his "bones" off Matt Hughes.. Be a better fighter before you call Da Man out.

I don't care for Brandon Vera .. On his UFC Fight Night debute he said he would hold both the HW and LHW at the same time and called out Chuck (this was at the height of Chuck's populairty). I know that this was a long time ago, but I can't get by it for some reason. And he just dosen't impress me.

ANY fighter who doesn't make weight... though I would be willing to give a pass on a one time deal.. (Gina gets a pass.. just cause she is hot.. and half the time they don't let her make a second try).

Other fighters I don't care for are the hype fighters (Kevin Furgeson/Bock Lesnar).. but that's more the people that are pushing the hype than the actual fighter.. Brock is good.. but not a Champion..They need a new class for him.. Kevin is a basic fighter than will get better ...just like Brock.

TheConcretekid
01-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Evans

He thinks hes a Ali and/or someother great heavyweight boxer from yester year:
He calls himself Sugar, a common boxing nickname. (Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Shane Mosley, Sugar Ray Robbinson)
He showed up to a press conference in a cream suit when the rest of the fighters had jeans and a t-shirt
He tries to be a vocal and slick as Ali but fails, miserably.
For example, heres a quote after he got his ass kicked for 2 rounds and then caught Forest in the 3rd:
"Sometimes I rhyme slow, sometimes I rhyme quick (which is a lyric from a rap song) I guess today I was just really slow"

He thinks way to highly of himself, I cant wait for his first (read: lastO title defense

Country Breakfast
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Don't Care For....
1.Kimbo Slice
2.Keith Jardine
3.Roger Huerta
4.Matt Serra
5.Mark Coleman
6.Melvin Guillard
7.Junie Browning

TheConcretekid
01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh yeah:
Junie and Nate/Nick Diaz - for being arrogant pricks.
and:
Diego Sanchez - for his stupid dirt 'stache and thinking he's the karate kid

and since this is 'fighters you dont care for'
Lyoto, Jardine, Bonner.... I dont hate them or their styles, I just dont care for them

ok, i think thats it

timmyja
01-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Gray Maynard, for consistently dryhumping his opponents to a decision

Yuahin Okami, see above

mikthehick
01-23-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't like Matt Serra, he's a prick.

He also is pretty much only famous for his mouth, and people love hype, so I can see why Dana would sign him up b/c if there is hype, you'll sell more PPVs and fight tickets.....but that doesn't make him a fighter.

Training hard, setting a good example for others, serving others through charity work, supporting your family, and serving God above everything are what makes a fighter truly great in my eyes.

Which is why I also can't understand why one of my best friends really likes Matt Serra. She and her hubby (whose house I live in), watched TUF 6 and they thought Matt Serra was likable and she doesn't like MH. I almost moved out of the basement, jk, but still, it was a tough point for awhile there.....

Sorry, but fluke knocking out GSP once should not give Serra a top 10 spot. If anyone with a brain saw recent pictures of him, he's really let himself go and I can totally agree and concur why Matt does not like him after what he's said and done. So I hope Matt knocks him out at 98 in Vegas :cool:

atomdanger
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
For various reasons...
(personal experience's, attitude, and just for no good reason)

Faber
Stann
Leben
T. Sylvia
Rampage
Chuck
Kimbo

just those guys off the top of my head

rearnakedchoke
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Tim Sylvia - no one is bigger than the sport and when he said to Dana, if he is not the main event he would fake an injury, well, right there he lost any chances of me liking him ...
Bj Penn ... same thing .. but guy talks too much .. i like watching him fight and respect his abilities, but when he talks about wanting to kill people, insinuating people take steroids with no proof, holds chokes well, that is just a bad sportsman .. i can give him a pass for certain things (like throwing a knee to joe daddy's head on the ground) because stuff like that happens in the heat of battle .. the other stuff is not so forgiveable ...
Matt Linland - take a shower .. i can't stand the fact that he will intentionally come in stinking, be proud of it and use it as a tactic in mma
Michael Bisping - Got a gift in the decision against Hamill then proceeded to act like a jerk "Go back to wrestling" or whatever he said ... can't wait to see him lose
Tito Ortiz - Mr. Excuse himself .. have an excuse or two, but this guy can write a book of excuses ... and really, who has he beat other than Ken Shamrock in the last little while ... i hope he doesn't blab about himself on the afflication commentating

Tyburn
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
And why..

Care to explain? :) /me ducks...
:laugh: okay as its by request :ashamed:

Georges Saint Pierre.

You know I liked him because he was prepared to work hard to get to the top, he fought his way up to Hughes, lost, and fought his way back up. But I got annoyed at his attitude post GSP/Penn 1 Firstly, he started having accidents that were too coincidental. Georges had beaten Penn with some ease, and yet had won the rights to fight Hughes but had lost to him. He had an "accident" and Penn got to fight Hughes first, Penn already had a win over Hughes and GSP next in line, already had a win over Penn. I thought it was cheap, and cutting corners. I was prepared to let it go...but when he won the belt it was quickly evident that he simply wasnt strong enough. He started complaining about the amount of time he needed to have off between fights, then he had another injury and stalled his first defence. Then he lost to an arse who probably wasnt worthy to fight him either legitamately (many think that giving the winner of TUF a title shot was foolish and TUF prooved it) or illegitamately (many believe that it was a political vote on the Judges score at the Finale, and that Lytle should have got the win) What I also hate is people making him out to be something that he's not...suddenly he's classy, suddenly he's magnificent...and yet his first defence went a full five rounds with Jon Fitch who people dont seem to like or rate...yet the wonderful GSP couldnt finish him given a half hour!

Baby Jay Penn

BJ Penn is fickle. He is a guy whose probably the best pure skilled fighter in the world, and he doesnt bother to put the effort in to reach his potential. He's extremely rude with hype before a match, and has had contriversial interactions with people who I deeply support and am loyal to. When Penn failed to beat Jens Pulver, and then failed again to beat Caol Uno, he still found himself allowed to fight else where, and he still found himself allowed to make a match happen with Hughes. Who else gets that sorta special treatment. Within moments of getting the Belt..he abandons it to breach his contract and get the boot. So what did that Belt mean to him? Nothing...like any token, it was something to have...and then it was forgotten and he wanted something more. He was the best fighter on skill and he'd had next to no Legacy bouncing around weight divisions, and being beaten more at Title level. The sad fact was if he bothered to stay focused and bothered to train hard he would have excelled. When he came back to the institution he took the belt that he threw away to the ring declaring he was the real Champion, and he shook his head at the judges decision...if its not that, its medical excuses for why he was beatn by Hughes...then finally with a bit of maturity he began to work for a legacy. But between him and that start was a whole lot of pissing on Pulver, lying about pissing on Pulver...and then assulting Pulver after the fight was over....not to mention storming off in a huff because Jens got interviewed first before him. Now the problem is that he is a glass ceiling in a division of thriving youths who deserve to taste Gold...his eyes are bigger then his stomach and he wants to go where noone else can, and take GSPs belt aswell...If he does he'll over stretch and fall...if he doesnt, maybe he'll get demoralized and fall.

Matt Serra

Is a foul mouthed excuse for a champion. He talks nothing but shyte about everyone. He's just repulsive to me. I hope Matt Hughes sends him packing so that we dont have to hear about him. He's not what he was, a rubish title holder...and he too is prone to little accidents that allow him to avoid cashing the cheques his mouth writes.

Renato Sobral

Disrespected Mixed Martial Arts and everything about it, himself, his trainers, his opponents and the audience, when he deliberately tried to cause harm to his opponent after the match was over. He could have killed the guy, he ignored the Ref. He deserved to be given the boot.

There are others I dont care for, but mainly its just their attitude, and most of them are covered by other people in this thread :cool:

warriorlion
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm guessing Dave doesn't like Sobral for holding the choke, and Serra for being his loud mouth self, can't really remember reasons for bj/gsp though :)

Dave dont like BJ for beating and bad mouthing Jens.

GSP - not real sure, probably something to do with his package - the whole package not that!!!! As in the 'I was not impressed with your performance comment and the fact that he is always well dressed and stuff

warriorlion
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
ok so I didnt read Daves responce before replying

Preach
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Matt Serra - no skill all talk
Kimbo- Thug
GSP-no heart
Gray Maynard- attitude
Rashad Evans- persona
Nick Diaz and his brother Nate- they are idiots sorry but it's the truth

Tyburn
01-24-2009, 12:11 AM
ok so I didnt read Daves responce before replying
:laugh:

Neezar
01-24-2009, 12:47 AM
Renato Sobral

Disrespected Mixed Martial Arts and everything about it, himself, his trainers, his opponents and the audience, when he deliberately tried to cause harm to his opponent after the match was over. He could have killed the guy, he ignored the Ref. He deserved to be given the boot.

I am a fan and I don't feel disrespected. :) And as for 'He could have killed the guy', you can't really use that argument. Everytime that someone punches someone in the face they 'could have killed the guy.' :laugh:

And if you stand on the fact that he disrespected the Art then what about flipping your opponent off and yelling 'F(*& you' AFTER you have won the fight. Now THAT is disrespectful. And disrespectful to your fans and the audience? Exactly! Can't leave them out because he flipped them off, too. I would much rather my fighter hold a choke too long than flip me off and yell 'f' you' at me. :huh:

p.s. I also disagree with the 'deliberately tried to cause harm' statement. These guys know how to cause harm if that is their true intentions. :wink: (He could have buggered his eye up ala Rich Franklin.)

NateR
01-24-2009, 01:34 AM
This guy:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c201/Barada73/serradork.jpg

MattHughesRocks
01-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Public enemy #1 Matt Serra

#2 Penn

Preach
01-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Michelle why the BJ hate

MattHughesRocks
01-24-2009, 02:12 AM
Ben, I've never liked BJ.Especially when he fights Hughes or, as the case right now, GSP.
WAR GSP by the way :w00t:

jignpig
01-24-2009, 04:11 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/5y9h1h.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/npphc1.jpghttp://i41.tinypic.com/x3e6uh.jpg
CANT STAND THEM!!!!!!

Josh
01-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Sanchez, Kos, Serra, Leben, Crazy Horse, Bisbing, Huerta, Guillard, Monson.

Tyburn
01-24-2009, 12:57 PM
I am a fan and I don't feel disrespected. :) And as for 'He could have killed the guy', you can't really use that argument. Everytime that someone punches someone in the face they 'could have killed the guy.' :laugh:

And if you stand on the fact that he disrespected the Art then what about flipping your opponent off and yelling 'F(*& you' AFTER you have won the fight. Now THAT is disrespectful. And disrespectful to your fans and the audience? Exactly! Can't leave them out because he flipped them off, too. I would much rather my fighter hold a choke too long than flip me off and yell 'f' you' at me. :huh:

p.s. I also disagree with the 'deliberately tried to cause harm' statement. These guys know how to cause harm if that is their true intentions. :wink: (He could have buggered his eye up ala Rich Franklin.)
:laugh: you have some good points...but I was really answering a request...rather then being detailed in my arguments.

I can address your points if you want...if you promise not to get pissy or angry...I mean...you've heard it all before...but maybe some others havent...It's up to you...but if you yes...please PM michelle and let her know you've authorized this debate...or she will think I'm having another argument...and that wont impress her much :blink:

Primadawn
01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Guillard
Serra
Diaz brothers
Those 3 I think should be pretty obvious

Bonnar
Sonnen
I think it might be the hair

Clay Guida
Anderson Silva
I don't know what it is..I respect their skill, I just can't like them...

Bisping
Mir

Preach
01-24-2009, 03:33 PM
:tongue0011: Ben, I've never liked BJ.Especially when he fights Hughes or, as the case right now, GSP.
WAR GSP by the way :w00t:

WAR BJ PENN

Neezar
01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
:laugh: you have some good points...but I was really answering a request...rather then being detailed in my arguments.

I can address your points if you want...if you promise not to get pissy or angry...I mean...you've heard it all before...but maybe some others havent...It's up to you...but if you yes...please PM michelle and let her know you've authorized this debate...or she will think I'm having another argument...and that wont impress her much :blink:

No. Thanks. I said my peace. :laugh: (and I'm countin' to three.)

VCURamFan
01-24-2009, 06:33 PM
sarah
Rashad
Kos
Sanchez
Justin Hully

rearnakedchoke
01-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Michelle why the BJ hate

Because if any other fighter made quotes like this, well they would be hated by everyone ...

"Its surprising that hes in such good shape without the use of steroids or growth hormones, hes eating cheeseburgers and all that. (GSP trainer) Firas [Zahabi], after the fight, he can go home, walk to his bedroom, take his shoes off, lie down in his bed, take about 20 or 30 minutes and go f#$% himself."

http://mmamania.com/2009/01/24/ufc-quick-quote-bj-penn-surprised-that-georges-hamburglar-st-pierre-isnt-using-steroids/

so someone needs steroids and gh to stay in shape?

rearnakedchoke
01-24-2009, 07:31 PM
sarah
Rashad
Kos
Sanchez
Justin Hully

do you mean justin mccully?

Preach
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Because if any other fighter made quotes like this, well they would be hated by everyone ...

"Its surprising that hes in such good shape without the use of steroids or growth hormones, hes eating cheeseburgers and all that. (GSP trainer) Firas [Zahabi], after the fight, he can go home, walk to his bedroom, take his shoes off, lie down in his bed, take about 20 or 30 minutes and go f#$% himself."

http://mmamania.com/2009/01/24/ufc-quick-quote-bj-penn-surprised-that-georges-hamburglar-st-pierre-isnt-using-steroids/

so someone needs steroids and gh to stay in shape?

GSP does take roids

rearnakedchoke
01-24-2009, 09:17 PM
GSP does take roids

because if he didn't he would have a body like BJ?

Preach
01-24-2009, 10:45 PM
because if he didn't he would have a body like BJ?
No because I said so there is too many clues that point towards it

Sugar Shane
01-25-2009, 12:48 AM
Not that I totally dislike him after he disrespected me the last time I saw him, but Ultimate Grappling still has Tim Sylvia ranked in the top 5 heavyweights in the world!! Are you kidding me???? Top 5???? Even top 10 would be stretching it if you ask me. Oh well, maybe Big Tim can turn it around before he fades off into the sunset. Just my opinion of course, not hating on him, I respect him for getting in there and taking care of business, just not real impressed with his fighting for one, and his public personality secondly.

MattHughesRocks
01-25-2009, 12:54 AM
Shane what did he do to you?:unsure-1:

Not that I totally dislike him after he disrespected me the last time I saw him, but Ultimate Grappling still has Tim Sylvia ranked in the top 5 heavyweights in the world!! Are you kidding me???? Top 5???? Even top 10 would be stretching it if you ask me. Oh well, maybe Big Tim can turn it around before he fades off into the sunset. Just my opinion of course, not hating on him, I respect him for getting in there and taking care of business, just not real impressed with his fighting for one, and his public personality secondly.

Sugar Shane
01-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Shane what did he do to you?:unsure-1:

Well, we all know that Tim is a little arrogant, I would be too if I was the UFC Heavyweight champ 2 times running. I had met him before when I was in Iowa with my coach, Jason, and he was cool, we talked for a while, I got some pictures with him, hell I even got in on the shenanigans between him and Jason, cutting up and what not. Then I see him at a show in Clinton, Ia and ask him how training was going and what not, Jason was training for his UFC fight against Lauzon, so I asked Tim if he had been training with Jason and how he looked. Tim looks at me, looks me up and down, gives me a "get outta here kid" look and says "Jason who??" Okay keep in mind I have a black shirt on with big white letters saying "TEAM REINHARDT". I look down at my shirt, look at Tim, look down at my shirt and point and say "Reinhardt". Tim tells me "I dont train with him, he trains with me." Then waves me away with his hand. Okay, 1. I just bought your stupid sweatshirt that looks cheap anyway, but I want to support my favorite fighters, and 2. Can you not read??? I would be a little less offended if he was swamped with people, but it was just him sitting on a folding chair, my wife and I standing in front of him, and lets see, oh yeah......NO ONE ELSE WITHIN 100 FEET OF HIM!!!!!! Just rubbed me the wrong way and I will be less of a fan from here on out.

MattHughesRocks
01-25-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm sorry Shane.I had no idea. Did you call him a dick and punch him?

Well, we all know that Tim is a little arrogant, I would be too if I was the UFC Heavyweight champ 2 times running. I had met him before when I was in Iowa with my coach, Jason, and he was cool, we talked for a while, I got some pictures with him, hell I even got in on the shenanigans between him and Jason, cutting up and what not. Then I see him at a show in Clinton, Ia and ask him how training was going and what not, Jason was training for his UFC fight against Lauzon, so I asked Tim if he had been training with Jason and how he looked. Tim looks at me, looks me up and down, gives me a "get outta here kid" look and says "Jason who??" Okay keep in mind I have a black shirt on with big white letters saying "TEAM REINHARDT". I look down at my shirt, look at Tim, look down at my shirt and point and say "Reinhardt". Tim tells me "I dont train with him, he trains with me." Then waves me away with his hand. Okay, 1. I just bought your stupid sweatshirt that looks cheap anyway, but I want to support my favorite fighters, and 2. Can you not read??? I would be a little less offended if he was swamped with people, but it was just him sitting on a folding chair, my wife and I standing in front of him, and lets see, oh yeah......NO ONE ELSE WITHIN 100 FEET OF HIM!!!!!! Just rubbed me the wrong way and I will be less of a fan from here on out.

VCURamFan
01-25-2009, 01:52 AM
do you mean justin mccully?Yes. Yes I do.

Preach
01-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

VCURamFan
01-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply. :unsure-1::huh::wacko:

MattHughesRocks
01-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Tito Ortiz

VCURamFan
01-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Tito OrtizYeah, tonight has certainly re-emphasized that for me.

MattHughesRocks
01-25-2009, 04:02 AM
I forgot all about him until tonight:laugh:

Yeah, tonight has certainly re-emphasized that for me.

VCURamFan
01-25-2009, 04:09 AM
I forgot all about him until tonight:laugh:I was actually quite happy to have forgotten Tito. Figures he'd have to ruin that!

MattHughesRocks
01-25-2009, 05:03 AM
We'll have to get over him all over again:huh:

VCURamFan
01-25-2009, 06:55 AM
We'll have to get over him all over again:huh:I find it tends to help if you watch the Chuck fights with the volume muted. That way you get to see him get whupped without having to listen to his bull$h!t excuses afterwards.

rearnakedchoke
01-25-2009, 02:41 PM
No because I said so there is too many clues that point towards it
LOL ... and what signs would those be?