PDA

View Full Version : PeeWee Football - Does it get any better?

BamaGrits84
09-03-2010, 02:23 PM
So my 5 year old & 8 year old are both playing football for the first time this year. I was excited and then I found out how much equipment cost and was a little less excited. Then practice 3 nights a week and the kids being up until 9 doing homewrok made me even a little less excited.

But thankfully I get to see live and in person events that could fill an entire episode of AFV.

My 5 year old is a defensive line man and is as big as all but 1 7 year old on the team. As you can imagin he hits hard. So they line him up against this average size 5 year old in practice and my son pounds this kid 3 times before the little boy gets mad. After the 4th hit he gets up and charges at my son. Next thing I know Jacob is on the bottom and is screaming "I've got wrist control" and laughing at this kid trying to hit him.

The coaches moved Jacob to the offensive line after a while and put him against an equally sized kid. Neither seemed to be able to get the other down and Jacob was getting ticked. Water break comes and he tells me "If that brown kid hits me one more time I'm gonna pound him!" I've told Jacob not to refer to anyone as "black" because it may hurt their feelings so I guess he assumed he could get away with calling him brown. So we had a little sideline chat on that one.

Then the biggest kid on the team slams Jacob, I mean picks him up and slams him Hughes style. Jacob gets up and yells at him something I can't hear at that point but the boy walks away. I asked Jacob what he said after practice and he said "I told him he better not slam me again. He'll have to take his helmet off at some point."

So football is bringing up many talks of how the hitting in football is not supposed to be UFC style action.

And my oldest, well his practices may not be as entertaining, but my kid has rocket fuel in his blood. I love the look on the other kids faces when he they don't even see him coming when he gets them from behind. Then he does what makes me the proudest. Reaches his hand out and helps them up EVERY TIME.

VCURamFan
09-03-2010, 05:04 PM
So my 5 year old & 8 year old are both playing football for the first time this year. I was excited and then I found out how much equipment cost and was a little less excited. Then practice 3 nights a week and the kids being up until 9 doing homewrok made me even a little less excited.

But thankfully I get to see live and in person events that could fill an entire episode of AFV.

My 5 year old is a defensive line man and is as big as all but 1 7 year old on the team. As you can imagin he hits hard. So they line him up against this average size 5 year old in practice and my son pounds this kid 3 times before the little boy gets mad. After the 4th hit he gets up and charges at my son. Next thing I know Jacob is on the bottom and is screaming "I've got wrist control" and laughing at this kid trying to hit him.

The coaches moved Jacob to the offensive line after a while and put him against an equally sized kid. Neither seemed to be able to get the other down and Jacob was getting ticked. Water break comes and he tells me "If that brown kid hits me one more time I'm gonna pound him!" I've told Jacob not to refer to anyone as "black" because it may hurt their feelings so I guess he assumed he could get away with calling him brown. So we had a little sideline chat on that one.

Then the biggest kid on the team slams Jacob, I mean picks him up and slams him Hughes style. Jacob gets up and yells at him something I can't hear at that point but the boy walks away. I asked Jacob what he said after practice and he said "I told him he better not slam me again. He'll have to take his helmet off at some point."

So football is bringing up many talks of how the hitting in football is not supposed to be UFC style action.

And my oldest, well his practices may not be as entertaining, but my kid has rocket fuel in his blood. I love the look on the other kids faces when he they don't even see him coming when he gets them from behind. Then he does what makes me the proudest. Reaches his hand out and helps them up EVERY TIME.

Hahahaha, that's hysterical!!! Glad to hear your boys are having so much fun!!

Miss Foxy
09-03-2010, 05:06 PM
How cute!! Well my son Nicholas was in Jiu-jitsu and would roll with this little chunky girl and would get slammed every single time!! Lol. He would lay there while she had a full mount and wouldn't move!! I would be so annoyed with him :w00t: kids are so funny!!