PDA

View Full Version : Army of the One

Rochambeau
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Does anybody know who started it or who the brand belongs to? I've seen a couple of different items on eBay and one of them had KERUSSO in the item title, which lead me to think that perhaps Kerusso manufacture them or distribute then. It turns out that Kerusso have a lot of Christian t-shirts and I haven't come across very many Army of the One items. On Facebook, there's an Army of the One page for a Christian rock band.

What's my fascination? I don't know exactly. I have an AOTO singlet, which I wear under my karate gi quite a bit ~ I love it. I should buy the shirts off the Matt Hughes store!

TexasRN
09-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Does anybody know who started it or who the brand belongs to? I've seen a couple of different items on eBay and one of them had KERUSSO in the item title, which lead me to think that perhaps Kerusso manufacture them or distribute then. It turns out that Kerusso have a lot of Christian t-shirts and I haven't come across very many Army of the One items. On Facebook, there's an Army of the One page for a Christian rock band.

What's my fascination? I don't know exactly. I have an AOTO singlet, which I wear under my karate gi quite a bit ~ I love it. I should buy the shirts off the Matt Hughes store!

I have several of Matt's shirts including Army of the One with the verse on the back. I get comments on it a lot when I wear it. People always want to know where I got it. You should order from Matt's store, the quality is great and the prices are normal. I get my stuff quickly when I order.

~Amy

Rochambeau
09-03-2010, 02:49 PM
I've recieved comments on the singlet. It might cost a bit to ship anything to Australia and usually it's better to by a number of items (I like a lot of the Hit Squad merch) and shipping will cost around the same price, so it's kind of better value for money. Maybe?

NateR
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Matt Ferguson, the pastor of the First Presbyterian Church in Hillsboro, tries to come up with slogans and themes for each trip out to the Rancho3M Orphanage. It just so happens that the theme for the orphanage trip where Matt became a Christian was "Army of The One." So that's why he wore that shirt into the octagon for his first few fights after becoming a Christian (Hughes/GSP 1 and Hughes/Trigg 2). This was back before the sponsors determined the walk-in shirts and Matt could wear whatever he wanted into the octagon.

It's still one of the best selling shirts on the site, however we were contacted by a guy who claimed to have copyrighted the slogan and, while he thought it was great that Matt was a Christian and was using his success as a witness for Christ, he still wanted a percentage of all of our sales of "Army of The One" merchandise. :rolleyes: So we started pursuing different ideas for T-shirt themes. We haven't discontinued the original Aot1 shirt, and we still have a couple of spin off shirts, but we just no longer use the slogan for new designs. We have yet to hear back from that guy.

Rochambeau
09-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Wow. Thanks for sharing that information with me. The man claims to have copyrighted the slogan, but not the brand? Is there a brand?

Are the spin off shirts available from the store? I don't know if I have seen them.

J.B.
09-03-2010, 06:32 PM
It's still one of the best selling shirts on the site, however we were contacted by a guy who claimed to have copyrighted the slogan and, while he thought it was great that Matt was a Christian and was using his success as a witness for Christ, he still wanted a percentage of all of our sales of "Army of The One" merchandise. :rolleyes: So we started pursuing different ideas for T-shirt themes. We haven't discontinued the original Aot1 shirt, and we still have a couple of spin off shirts, but we just no longer use the slogan for new designs. We have yet to hear back from that guy.

So basically, this guy doesn't have a problem with adding the word "THE" to a slogan that the US ARMY came up with, but if anybody else uses it he is happy they are witnesses for Christ yet still wants turn a profit of something he basically hi-jacked to begin with???

All that guy did was add one word to a slogan that already existed and then quoted scripture. That would be like me adding a tiny little hammer-on in the fill of the main guitar lick of AC/DC's "Back in Black" and then calling it "Back in the Black" (insert scripture here). :rolleyes:

Glad I got one for myself a few years ago before this happened. Autographed too! :cool: :happydancing:

flo
09-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Matt Ferguson, the pastor of the First Presbyterian Church in Hillsboro, tries to come up with slogans and themes for each trip out to the Rancho3M Orphanage. It just so happens that the theme for the orphanage trip where Matt became a Christian was "Army of The One." So that's why he wore that shirt into the octagon for his first few fights after becoming a Christian (Hughes/GSP 1 and Hughes/Trigg 2). This was back before the sponsors determined the walk-in shirts and Matt could wear whatever he wanted into the octagon.

I'm glad to know the story too.

Sheesh, there's one in every crowd, eh? :punch:

I guess I better order mine while you still have them. I only have my Team Hughes shirt...

flo
09-03-2010, 11:30 PM
So basically, this guy doesn't have a problem with adding the word "THE" to a slogan that the US ARMY came up with, but if anybody else uses it he is happy they are witnesses for Christ yet still wants turn a profit of something he basically hi-jacked to begin with???

All that guy did was add one word to a slogan that already existed and then quoted scripture. That would be like me adding a tiny little hammer-on in the fill of the main guitar lick of AC/DC's "Back in Black" and then calling it "Back in the Black" (insert scripture here). :rolleyes:

You nailed it, JB.

J.B.
09-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I guess I better order mine while you still have them. I only have my Team Hughes shirt...

DO IT NOW! :laugh:

I need to order some new stuff too. I've got the ARMY of the One shirt autographed, so I never wear it, but besides that all I have is my Team Hughes hoodie and ARMY of the One beanie cap. I can only wear my hoodie and beanie when I'm trying to sweat my ass off during a workout because it's so hot here in AZ. I used to rock that hoodie everywhere all year long when I lived in IL. :laugh:

Rochambeau
09-04-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm somebody that likes too wear hoodies, but some of them make me very warm very quickly.

Is there somebody on here that can tell me how much shipping to Australia would cost?

J.B.
09-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Is there somebody on here that can tell me how much shipping to Australia would cost?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CYDsmh8w-jI/S74Kol0jBvI/AAAAAAAABQQ/JcWnhMBq1eY/s1600/dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

ONE MILLION DOLLARS :wink:

Rochambeau
09-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Lawl. It probably wouldn't be too far off that.

TexasRN
09-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm somebody that likes too wear hoodies, but some of them make me very warm very quickly.

Try going to the store's site from the main page and click on the "contact us". That starts an email. You can email Brian that way I think, he's the guy who does the store. He could probably tell you a ballpark figure based on what you tell him that you want to buy because it may be weight based.

~Amy

Rochambeau
09-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Okay. Usually it is weight based. I might do that then.

"I'm somebody that likes too wear hoodies"

It's so embarrassing when somebody quotes you and you've made a typo!

TexasRN
09-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Okay. Usually it is weight based. I might do that then.

"I'm somebody that likes too wear hoodies"

It's so embarrassing when somebody quotes you and you've made a typo!

You're funny.:laugh:

I try to edit my posts before I get quoted but I don't always do it fast enough.

~Amy

Tyburn
09-05-2010, 02:17 PM
My Army of The One Hoody is the best item of warm clothing that I own :w00t:

Rochambeau
09-05-2010, 04:08 PM
You're funny.:laugh:

I try to edit my posts before I get quoted but I don't always do it fast enough.

~Amy

I try to edit mine if I notice something wrong.

My Army of The One Hoody is the best item of warm clothing that I own :w00t:

I'd like one of those!

Tyburn
09-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I try to edit mine if I notice something wrong.

I'd like one of those!

If I remember rightly, I was presented with it when I visited the online store in person during ADT 1. I was given another Hoody...a Team Hughes one as a Birthday gift from Boomer maybe that same year...or the year after...Obviously I dont wear them during this time of the year...but from about october-april...I wear them non stop (I part only for the occasional wash :laugh:)

If you click the linkey-do below you can see me in one of my weekly blogs wearing it :w00t:

Wearing Boomers Signed Team Hughes Hoody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO2zC9zWpYU
(Filmed exactly 129 weeks ago LOL)

Wearing Army of The One Hoody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzqgrQYFqec

Rochambeau
09-05-2010, 05:43 PM
That was nice of Boo! The Army of the One hoodie looks really good. What a shame that they're no longer available.

Tyburn
09-05-2010, 06:27 PM
That was nice of Boo! The Army of the One hoodie looks really good. What a shame that they're no longer available.

:) He is nice. You know he was the first person from this Forum I met on my first States Trip? I joined in march 2006 Not sure when he joined, but almost certain it was later then april that year because I dont remember him being part of The Great Schism. :laugh: Anywhoooo so in October 2007, after being a Moderator for about 6 months, I decided to visit the United States. When I landed at Chicago I was to meet Boomer, and he would take me 5 hours south by car to my destination.

Now...I called in first at Philadelphia International Airport, and I was more then a half hour late leaving...I remember wondering if Boomer would still be there, coz I had no way of communicating with him :unsure-1: It was my first time to America...finally we began our descent and we went through the clouds and along the shore line of lake Michigan, and thats when I decided I loved Chicago.

Anyway...so I knew that Boomer had worked for the US Marines, and for The Church, and for The Government...I wasnt sure what was going to turn up...would he have waited? Would he be in uniform?? I couldnt even remember what he looked like :blink: We got to the arrivals gate and there was no one there...I was like...ooooookaaaay. So I went to the end of the gate section to where the luggage carriers were...and there he was :w00t: and Nathan was with him :)

He was A LOT younger then I expected. The way he comes across online is often uber professional, and deeply wise, and the list of things he's done makes you think he must be in his late 50s or 60s...I was expecting a man closing on retirement age, to find he isnt too much older then me :laugh:

He's also a lot smaller then I thought he would be :laugh: I dunno, you just expect US Marine to all be big and bulky dontcha...a horrible and disrespectful stereotype to be sure...but I didnt know any better back then.

So Boomer and Nathan took me from there to Hillsboro...when they managed to get me through a brick wall which they claimed wasnt there when they entered the building :blink: On the way home we stopped at the services on the motorway (they call them Highways over there, but they are the same thing, very long Roman Roads connecting a-b) That was when he taught me not to double dip my crisps in the sauce :ashamed: He also taught me something which has become invaluable at work. Everytime we stopped doing something, Boomer would sit down...I mean every single time...and he'd sit on anything...once it was the back of Nathans truck whilst we waited in a giant corn field...once it was on the tires of a tractor or something...eventually it got so proficient I asked him why he felt the need to sit down...and he said that when he was in the Marines they would never know when they would get the next chance to sit down, so anytime they stopped they would all sit down. Now I sit on the floor to do herbs and reductions on the bottom shelf...sometimes even waste...just to conserve energy...its a very good idea.

Anyway...I met him a second time when they came over in 2008 for UFC85. I met him and Nathan at the airport and we took the london tube to their hotel on the Greenwhich peninsular...and the Americans laughed every time the train left a station..because the automated voice would receite "this is the piccadilly line train to Cockfosters" for some reason they found that increadibly ammusing.

The next day I went back to meet them, but they werent there...they were late because an old doodlebug had been found in the area (A doodlebug is a type of automated flying bomb, that the Germans used to send across the channel during the war...they were unreliable. The idea was they would continue until they ran out of fuel, then tank and crash land causing detonation...many never went off...and some 60 odd years later, when renovating land in the south, some of these old bombs turn up...which causes concern...because they were voilitile 70 years ago...let alone in the present. So they always call someone in to freeze the mechanism then they usually do a controlled explosion...this particular one was quite large...and they found it whilst clearing area on the banks of a stream near where the Olympics will be held in two years time...not a comforting thought if you're an olympian I dont suppose. Could be worse...1936 Adolf Hitler hosted the games believe it or not :laugh:

But I digress...we got lost on the way to find Matt Hughes, and then he lost, and I never got to eat none of the food that I carried back to the hotel from the shops...Boomer would have you believe it was miles and miles...but thats bollox...the shops were just round the corner from the hotel :laugh: He was the Marine...but I carried most of it back...I remember that distinctly :angry::laugh:

He didnt meet me on the Second US Tour coz he was deployed at the time. I hope I get to meet him again in 2012 during my third tour.

Rochambeau
09-06-2010, 07:17 AM
That's quite the story. You seem to remember a lot. I might keep that sitting down thing in mind, I think that's an important thing to know. You would think that all the bombs would have been found by now. That's a little bit scary.

Tyburn
09-06-2010, 09:48 AM
That's quite the story. You seem to remember a lot. I might keep that sitting down thing in mind, I think that's an important thing to know. You would think that all the bombs would have been found by now. That's a little bit scary.

A lot of them seem burried in central london...and every time they try to develope a new area of land...they find one...they found one when developing Canary Wharf also. Whats REALLY frightening is the thought that structures have been built OVER these Bombs :unsure:

Rochambeau
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Now that's bad!

Tyburn
09-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Now that's bad!

The V-1 which is the doodlebugs technical name, can be quite nasty 400-600 yards in all directions when they go bang have been recorded in London during the war...made worse by the fact they didnt plummet, they drifted out of the sky, so unlike a falling bomb, there was not so much a crator made, the explosion was almost entirely on the surface, more damage believe it or not. A blast wave of up to half a mile in some cases...certainly enough to completely distroy a number of houses around the impact site.

These bombs main time frame of proliferation was in the latter third of the war, in actual fact as the Germans were in retreat, after the main Blitz. It is estimated that the death toll purely in London due to doodlebugs in one single year was Around Nine Thousand!

...and then Hitler Revealed a new prototype for the doodlbug...the V-2...which was essentially an intercontinental ballistic Missile weighing thirteen tonnes, and almost reaching orbit...these things were the precursors to proper rockets...and when they landed, whole terrace blocks vanished.

Thankfully the V-2 Doodlebugs only came over in the September of 44-to March 45 due to the advance of troops through France had meant the missiles were no longer in range, I suspect many a V-2 lies undetonated in the middle of the English Channel...just waiting for a Ferry to pass over a shallow some 80 years later...a sobering thought if you're foolish enough to wish to visit France in the first place :laugh:

They gave no warning, whereas one could hear a V-1, and had 15 seconds to hide when the engine cut out...the V-2 was silent...not even the noise of a plane about to drop its load...nothing until the Rocket was above the roof top...not even a whistle :unsure-1:

To think that the majority of all of these fell in the south of England, and lots around areas in London now specifically developed as the Financial Capital of a large part of Europe and the World...is rather un-nerving...these V-1 and V-2 have to be considered as VERY unrealiable, they were bearly test weapons...goodness knows how many thousands were fired, and goodness knows how many never went off, or got burried by accident in rubble and were subsequently never found....still presumably active...failing to detonate on impace...existing for the best part of a century waiting for something to accidently set it off...I bet France and other countries in Europe have the same problem...these missiles have essentially become Land Mines havent they...thats the truth of it :unsure:

cubsfan47
09-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I joined in march 2006 Not sure when he joined, but almost certain it was later then april that year because I dont remember him being part of The Great Schism.

Ah yes, I remember that well. :laugh: [if it's the incident I think it was:ashamed:]

As I recall the Christianity section was shut down for a while, until Boomer got back from being deployed, and then when he returned Boomer was made moderator of that section. So that was why he wasn't part of the schism.

Aren't schisms fun?:laugh:

Tyburn
09-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Ah yes, I remember that well. :laugh: [if it's the incident I think it was:ashamed:]

As I recall the Christianity section was shut down for a while, until Boomer got back from being deployed, and then when he returned Boomer was made moderator of that section. So that was why he wasn't part of the schism.

Aren't schisms fun?:laugh:

Oh No...that was in 2008...No that was a minor Blip I call Pumba-Gate :laugh:

The Great Schism was in April 2006 :laugh: It involved a dispute over the main event of UFC 59 between the top three posters on the forum at the time...in a time long before Moderators Existed. :laugh: It reached its climax Holy Week of that year, before bursting after the Event...those were the days!! :laugh:

I have a video for you that talks about the Great Schism of 59 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAhOfk-nAA Amy (as in TexasRN) was basically to Goat, what I was to Mike...like, second in command hahahaha

TexasRN
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Oh No...that was in 2008...No that was a minor Blip I call Pumba-Gate :laugh:

The Great Schism was in April 2006 :laugh: It involved a dispute over the main event of UFC 59 between the top three posters on the forum at the time...in a time long before Moderators Existed. :laugh: It reached its climax Holy Week of that year, before bursting after the Event...those were the days!! :laugh:

I have a video for you that talks about the Great Schism of 59 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnAhOfk-nAA Amy (as in TexasRN) was basically to Goat, what I was to Mike...like, second in command hahahaha

Ummm, I was not "second in command." I just agreed with Goat about Mike and it was fun to harrass you about it all because you'd get so defensive of him. You were easy to rile up. :Whistle:

~Amy

Tyburn
09-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Ummm, I was not "second in command." I just agreed with Goat about Mike and it was fun to harrass you about it all because you'd get so defensive of him. You were easy to rile up. :Whistle:

~Amy

:laugh:

TexasRN
09-07-2010, 12:38 AM

It's one of your charms. :laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 12:55 AM
It's one of your charms. :laugh:

~Amy

One of many, to be sure.

the Peace Studies Tutor, who wasnt used to my perspective coming from Social Sciences, rather then something International Law/ecological based, famously told me infront of a whole load of Military Stratgists in my Strategic Studies lecture once, that despite the Glorious resonance with which I romantacise about the past....I wouldnt have liked it :laugh::laugh:

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 12:56 AM
I suppose he's right.

I hated you during the Great Schism

:tongue0011::laugh::tongue0011::laugh::tongue0011:

TexasRN
09-07-2010, 01:03 AM
I suppose he's right.

I hated you during the Great Schism

:tongue0011::laugh::tongue0011::laugh::tongue0011:

Yes, I know. You've hated me off and on ever since. We are destined to have that kind of relationship. Thank goodness we can turn off the computer.

~Amy

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Yes, I know. You've hated me off and on ever since. We are destined to have that kind of relationship. Thank goodness we can turn off the computer.

~Amy

:laugh:...she says...yanking the plug right outta the socket :laugh:

I dont know...I feel we have kinda grown old together...I mean...all that History...even if you dissagree with the person, its like you are forever bound together by common experience.

:ashamed:

Rochambeau
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
The V-1 which is the doodlebugs technical name, can be quite nasty 400-600 yards in all directions when they go bang have been recorded in London during the war...made worse by the fact they didnt plummet, they drifted out of the sky, so unlike a falling bomb, there was not so much a crator made, the explosion was almost entirely on the surface, more damage believe it or not. A blast wave of up to half a mile in some cases...certainly enough to completely distroy a number of houses around the impact site.

These bombs main time frame of proliferation was in the latter third of the war, in actual fact as the Germans were in retreat, after the main Blitz. It is estimated that the death toll purely in London due to doodlebugs in one single year was Around Nine Thousand!

...and then Hitler Revealed a new prototype for the doodlbug...the V-2...which was essentially an intercontinental ballistic Missile weighing thirteen tonnes, and almost reaching orbit...these things were the precursors to proper rockets...and when they landed, whole terrace blocks vanished.

Thankfully the V-2 Doodlebugs only came over in the September of 44-to March 45 due to the advance of troops through France had meant the missiles were no longer in range, I suspect many a V-2 lies undetonated in the middle of the English Channel...just waiting for a Ferry to pass over a shallow some 80 years later...a sobering thought if you're foolish enough to wish to visit France in the first place :laugh:

They gave no warning, whereas one could hear a V-1, and had 15 seconds to hide when the engine cut out...the V-2 was silent...not even the noise of a plane about to drop its load...nothing until the Rocket was above the roof top...not even a whistle :unsure-1:

To think that the majority of all of these fell in the south of England, and lots around areas in London now specifically developed as the Financial Capital of a large part of Europe and the World...is rather un-nerving...these V-1 and V-2 have to be considered as VERY unrealiable, they were bearly test weapons...goodness knows how many thousands were fired, and goodness knows how many never went off, or got burried by accident in rubble and were subsequently never found....still presumably active...failing to detonate on impace...existing for the best part of a century waiting for something to accidently set it off...I bet France and other countries in Europe have the same problem...these missiles have essentially become Land Mines havent they...thats the truth of it :unsure:

Where do you read this stuff??

Boomer
09-07-2010, 04:18 PM

When is your birthday? :wink:

Rochambeau
09-07-2010, 04:47 PM
March.

TexasRN
09-07-2010, 05:05 PM
March.

Uh oh. March babies are trouble. I should know. :laugh: What day in March?

~Amy

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Where do you read this stuff??

Well I have a Grandparent who lived through the War :laugh: she used to tell me all about it...The actual Statistics I found for myself online :ashamed:

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 05:44 PM
March.

:w00t: I was born in March also!! March 10th 1982 :happydancing:

TexasRN
09-07-2010, 06:11 PM
:w00t: I was born in March also!! March 10th 1982 :happydancing:

Perfect example of a March troublemaker....:tongue0011::laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
Perfect example of a March troublemaker....:tongue0011::laugh:

~Amy

and proud of it :wink:

flo
09-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Heh, heh, come sit here beside me on the March troublemaker couch, Tyburn.

:)

flo
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
We can make room for the Aussie fish too...

:wink:

TexasRN
09-07-2010, 09:01 PM
We can make room for the Aussie fish too...

:wink:

Our March couch is getting crowded. I'm an Aries though. I'm the 25th. :)

~Amy

flo
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/floranista/marchrocks.jpg

Tyburn
09-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Our March couch is getting crowded. I'm an Aries though. I'm the 25th. :)

~Amy

:laugh::laugh: Well you sure as heck aint a Piscean :laugh::laugh:

Rochambeau
09-08-2010, 02:51 AM
Uh oh. March babies are trouble. I should know. :laugh: What day in March?

~Amy

21st. First day of Aries.

TexasRN
09-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Excellent! *insert evil laugh here*

~Amy

Tyburn
09-08-2010, 12:29 PM

:angry: but I wanted to to be Piscean :angry:

Technically speaking...shouldnt we all date ourselves 9months prior to brith :huh::laugh:

VCURamFan
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
:angry: but I wanted to to be Piscean :angry:

Technically speaking...shouldnt we all date ourselves 9months prior to brith :huh::laugh:

Well it's actually 40wks prior to both, but I'll pass. I mean, to be certain you got the right date for the zodiac, you'd have to have a really awkward "So mom, when exactly did you & dad do the dirty that got you knocked up with me?" :blink: :ninja:

Tyburn
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Well it's actually 40wks prior to both, but I'll pass. I mean, to be certain you got the right date for the zodiac, you'd have to have a really awkward "So mom, when exactly did you & dad do the dirty that got you knocked up with me?" :blink: :ninja:

40 weeks prior to the start of Gestation??? :blink:

You get a date for the birth, so you find out what that date was, and count back from there...et voile, you have the date your parents had some fun :laugh:

I was 15 days late...so late they had to induce labour and pull me out with a pair of what look like oven tongues :unsure-1: I've never been the same since :unsure: add insult to injury...when I was tiny, my Father used to love throwing me into the air and cathing me...but this one time he forgot about the low ceiling of the bay window :no:

VCURamFan
09-08-2010, 01:00 PM

You get a date for the birth, so you find out what that date was, and count back from there...et voile, you have the date your parents had some fun :laugh:

I was 15 days late...so late they had to induce labour and pull me out with a pair of what look like oven tongues :unsure-1: I've never been the same since :unsure: add insult to injury...when I was tiny, my Father used to love throwing me into the air and cathing me...but this one time he forgot about the low ceiling of the bay window :no:

Gestation itself lasts roughly 40wks. Still, that's all just too much work. I'll just stick with my birthday.

TexasRN
09-09-2010, 12:19 AM

Babies aren't born exactly 9 months after conception, Dave. Many factors influence when a baby comes. We medical professionals have it down to a 40 week guesstimation. We consider any baby born after 37 weeks to be full term and it can go as long as 42 weeks before we absolutely insist on inducing the labor. That's 5 weeks leeway there which is a very long time to a pregnant woman. Besides, even though I feel that life begins at conception, I really don't want to know the circumstances of mine. :unsure-1::laugh:

~Amy

Tyburn
09-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Babies aren't born exactly 9 months after conception, Dave.

:unsure-1: oh...I thought they were... :blink:

VCURamFan
09-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Babies aren't born exactly 9 months after conception, Dave. Many factors influence when a baby comes. We medical professionals have it down to a 40 week guesstimation. We consider any baby born after 37 weeks to be full term and it can go as long as 42 weeks before we absolutely insist on inducing the labor. That's 5 weeks leeway there which is a very long time to a pregnant woman. Besides, even though I feel that life begins at conception, I really don't want to know the circumstances of mine. :unsure-1::laugh:

~Amy
Agreed!! :ninja: :sick:

Rochambeau
09-09-2010, 02:29 PM
:scared0011:

I'll try to take this back to 'Army of the One'....

I've seen a few of these t-shirts (http://cgi.ebay.com/Christian-ARMY-ONE-T-Shirt-Adult-XXlarge-/350170981778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5187d12592).

VCURamFan
09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
:scared0011:

I'll try to take this back to 'Army of the One'....

I've seen a few of these t-shirts (http://cgi.ebay.com/Christian-ARMY-ONE-T-Shirt-Adult-XXlarge-/350170981778?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5187d12592).
Hahaha, yeah, I was wondering how we got from Christian t-shirts to awkward talks with mommy & daddy! :frantics: :wacko:

Rochambeau
09-09-2010, 03:00 PM
On the topic of Mum and Dad, I'll say that Dad read me Bible stories when I was younger.

Rochambeau
09-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Does anybody have the black shirt with the camo writing? Also, was the brown shirt with hot pink writing ever available in the store?