PDA

View Full Version : College Football

BamaGrits84
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
So I've changed my ring tone & call tone to "go bama", got a new Bama Girls shirts, got a new big screen for the games, got a schedule on the fridge, at my desk, and in my purse, & got tickets ordered to take my oldest to his first game. I'm SO ready for some football!

So what do you think the season will look like? What conference do you think will be the best?

I'm looking for #14 for Bama of course! I'm also thinking Auburn is going to shock some folks. They played way better than I expected last year. And I really want to see them do well. It will make it ever sweeter when Bama beats them in the Iron bowl.

Of course the SEC will be the best conference. But I'd like to see what Florida State will bring to the table this year. Not sure if they'll be any good this season but I'm hoping they'll look better than anyone expects.

And finally Troy University. if none of you have heard of them they are in the sunbelt. Last year they were beating LSU for the first 3 quarters. It's my school and I really want to see them move up into the sec within the next 5 or 10 years.

Miss Foxy
08-30-2010, 03:52 PM
USC!!! Fight on!!!

matthughesfan21
08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
USC!!! Fight on!!!3rd in the PAC 10 this season ...It's a whole different team than in years past...Lane Kiffin will destroy that program even more than the recent Bush controversy

Miss Foxy
08-30-2010, 04:04 PM
3rd in the PAC 10 this season ...It's a whole different team than in years past...Lane Kiffin will destroy that program even more than the recent Bush controversy

Word!! My 2nd fave team!! Tennesse Volunteers!!!!!!!!!

matthughesfan21
08-30-2010, 04:10 PM
Word!! My 2nd fave team!! Tennesse Volunteers!!!!!!!!!
He screwed Tennessee over and then cut and ran when the NCAA started poking around...The guy is dishonest, unloyal, and quite frankly a cheater...I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of my program if I was an AD

Miss Foxy
08-30-2010, 04:17 PM
He screwed Tennessee over and then cut and ran when the NCAA started poking around...The guy is dishonest, unloyal, and quite frankly a cheater...I wouldn't want him within 100 miles of my program if I was an AD

I know.. I know.. It's kind of a local thing here growing up in LA your either hardcore USC or Bruins.. I love Bruins basketball, and girls softball, but Trojans all day every day for football. Sucks so much controversy though in the program.. Reggie Bush really embarrassed his alumni as well... Oh well Trojan up baby!! :tongue0011:

matthughesfan21
08-30-2010, 04:19 PM
I know.. I know.. It's kind of a local thing here growing up in LA your either hardcore USC or Bruins.. I love Bruins basketball, and girls softball, but Trojans all day every day for football. Sucks so much controversy though in the program.. Reggie Bush really embarrassed his alumni as well... Oh well Trojan up baby!! :tongue0011:Don't blame it all on Bush...He does deserve some blame bc he had to have known it was wrong..But the athletic department should have been monitoring the situation much better...The same thing happened with OJ Mayo(the basketball star at USC)...It seems like the athletics department lets this happen which makes them just as guilty as the players accepting the money and gifts

Miss Foxy
08-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't blame it all on Bush...He does deserve some blame bc he had to have known it was wrong..But the athletic department should have been monitoring the situation much better...The same thing happened with OJ Mayo(the basketball star at USC)...It seems like the athletics department lets this happen which makes them just as guilty as the players accepting the money and gifts

Yeah it's just a darn shame.. I can see their point of views growing up with not a lot of money then having all these cars, money, and trips paid for at such an early age most people wouldn't think twice.. However Reggie had a lot of scandals early in his career.

matthughesfan21
08-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah it's just a darn shame.. I can see their point of views growing up with not a lot of money then having all these cars, money, and trips paid for at such an early age most people wouldn't think twice.. However Reggie had a lot of scandals early in his career.
I understand why they would do it, it would be tempting...But if you are that amazing of a player, you have to know that you are getting that money in a year or two in the pros

BamaGrits84
08-30-2010, 04:41 PM
The violations issues regarding illegal contact with agents is a multifacet problem. 1 players can't work and can't get help to pay for their needs not covered by their scholoarships. If universities could give living cost scholarships to help some of these boys they'd be far less tempted to listen to what agents offer them. Second, I uderstand universities normally give agents an opportunity to interact with players. they let agents on their sidelines. But the universities need this to get good recruits. no one wants to play for a school that is going to shut the door to them being showcased to agents. Agents are the only ones involved that have 100% power to stop the problem. these players can't get in trouble if nothing is offered to them!

matthughesfan21
08-30-2010, 04:51 PM
The violations issues regarding illegal contact with agents is a multifacet problem. 1 players can't work and can't get help to pay for their needs not covered by their scholoarships. If universities could give living cost scholarships to help some of these boys they'd be far less tempted to listen to what agents offer them. !There's a huge difference between just giving these boys living expenses and seeing there families living in mansions and seeing them driving around in Range Rovers

J.B.
08-30-2010, 04:55 PM
GO SUN DEVILS...USC IS GOING DOWN! :)

Miss Foxy
08-30-2010, 04:57 PM
GO SUN DEVILS...USC IS GOING DOWN! :)

You just love attacking my teams!! USC, LAKERS!!! :tongue0011: Creep!! haha!!

J.B.
08-30-2010, 05:20 PM
You just love attacking my teams!! USC, LAKERS!!! :tongue0011: Creep!! haha!!

:laugh:

I actually don't hate USC, even though they are rivals of ours. USC is a great school with a great tradition for creating great players.

Now the Lakers....that's another story...but I'll take Kobe if you are trading him

BamaGrits84
08-30-2010, 05:45 PM
but I'll take Kobe if you are trading him

Gee JB what a kind, unselfish gesture. :laugh:

J.B.
08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
Gee JB what a kind, unselfish gesture. :laugh:

Hey now, I would be willing to give them a 2nd round draft pick, some old basketballs, and maybe some gym towels.

I think Kobe would be a fair return on that investment. :laugh:

Rev
08-30-2010, 06:05 PM
ROLL TIDE!! Dont know if they will repeat but it will be close. As long as they beat LSU and Auburn, I will sleep just fine.

BamaGrits84
08-30-2010, 06:51 PM
ROLL TIDE!! Dont know if they will repeat but it will be close. As long as they beat LSU and Auburn, I will sleep just fine.

:happydancing:

My son looks at a man wearing an LSU shirt at Sports Clips (where he get his hair cut) and dead serisous says to the man "What's your shirt say? LS Who?" I felt so bad that I laughed so hard then had to get own to my son for being "disrespectful" to an adult.

Max
08-30-2010, 07:51 PM
The SEC is always overrated, their top 2 teams are always amazing but the rest of the conference is average. The best conference this year will be the Big 10 but I'm not sure if a team will be able to run the table in that league. By the way, I'm gonna call it now, Va Tech is gonna kill Boise State.

BamaGrits84
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
The SEC is always overrated, their top 2 teams are always amazing but the rest of the conference is average. The best conference this year will be the Big 10 but I'm not sure if a team will be able to run the table in that league. By the way, I'm gonna call it now, Va Tech is gonna kill Boise State.

I think the word you meant to use was "under" not "over". I know it was a typo. See under woud be indicated by the 04-05 season when Auburn was kept from the Championship over USC & Oklahoma. And now that all games Bush played in are going to have to be vacated, and Oklahoma wasn't undefeated that leaves Auburn (an SEC team) as the only undefeated team from that season. Stands to reason THEY should be the champions. And I'm not an Auburn fan.

The last 3 of 5 champions were from the SEC and should be they last 4 of 5.

Goodness I didn't think my blood pressure would go up until Saturday over football and look what you've done to me.

:timebomb: :wink:

VCURamFan
08-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Ohio State Buckeyes!!!

Max
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
I think the word you meant to use was "under" not "over". I know it was a typo. See under woud be indicated by the 04-05 season when Auburn was kept from the Championship over USC & Oklahoma. And now that all games Bush played in are going to have to be vacated, and Oklahoma wasn't undefeated that leaves Auburn (an SEC team) as the only undefeated team from that season. Stands to reason THEY should be the champions. And I'm not an Auburn fan.

Goodness I didn't think my blood pressure would go up until Saturday over football and look what you've done to me.

Once again I said their top 2 teams are always amazing but the rest of the conference is average. Last year Bama and Florida were amazing, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Tenn, Auburn, South Carolina, Kentucky and Arkansas were all eh last year. Thats the way it always is in the SEC.

VCURamFan
08-31-2010, 11:32 PM

Excited to watch Ingram this year? O, wait . . .

matthughesfan21
09-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Unless I missed some breaking news when I was in class all night, he is only out for the opener...Not that big of a deal, he would only play the first half anyways once they are up by 35 at the half

BamaGrits84
09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Unless I missed some breaking news when I was in class all night, he is only out for the opener...Not that big of a deal, he would only play the first half anyways once they are up by 35 at the half

That's the last I heard too. Richardson is just as good though. Bama will be fine but I am hoping to see Ingram in action ASAP.

BamaGrits84
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM

:sign0090: :wink:

VCURamFan
09-01-2010, 03:32 PM
:sign0090: :wink:
Sorry, I had to.

yeah, I thin kit's only the opener, too. I just saw a quick headline & rushed over to mock Bama. :laugh:

Rev
09-01-2010, 04:39 PM
You have got to be smoking CRACK to say the SEC is over rated.(no offense, figure of speech)
Right now we have a few teams going through a transition period and will still be the toughest div. in the country.

Lord have mercy!! Who am I talking to?!?!? SEC over rated!!!???!!!

matthughesfan21
09-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Ole Miss did the SEC proud this weekend haha....Still don't agree with the SEC being overrated though

Looking forward to boise state and Va tech tonight...if BSU wins this, it looks very likely to see them in the title game this season

BamaGrits84
09-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Bama showed out playing 2nd and 3rd sting players! I was proud of the sec teams. Vols had the biggest spread of any game I've seen so far. They might be a factor this year.

matthughesfan21
09-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Bama showed out playing 2nd and 3rd sting players! I was proud of the sec teams. Vols had the biggest spread of any game I've seen so far. They might be a factor this year.They could be a factor, but that win does not tell us anything about what to expect from them...They played Tenn-Martin, any of those SEC teams(except Ole Miss:laugh:)would run right through them as well

Boise State off to a strong start...Up 10-0 halfway through the 1st quarter

matthughesfan21
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Great game last night....Boise State scored a late game TD to win the game

VCURamFan
09-07-2010, 04:21 PM

I was watching the game at abuddy's place & almost got booted to the curb when Boise scored that last TD. Scottie's a "good Virginian" & was rooting for Tech, but I was backing the Smurfs. Needless to say, he was not amused when I started screaming!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Miss Foxy
09-07-2010, 05:53 PM

:happydancing:

Rev
09-07-2010, 06:01 PM
This Idaho transplant was going nuts last night!!!!

bj44
09-07-2010, 07:31 PM

not a good couple weeks for your pedictions... First guaranteeing a bj win now this :laugh:

VCURamFan
09-08-2010, 02:25 AM
not a good couple weeks for your pedictions... First guaranteeing a bj win now this :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BamaGrits84
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm calling Bama over Penn St by 17.
Auburn over Miss St by 7
LSU over Vandi by 10
Tenn over Org by 20

matthughesfan21
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Tenn over Org by 20:blink:

Unranked Tenn beating the number 7 team in the country by 3 touchdowns?:frantics:

Sure Tenn. beat Tenn-Martin by 50, but that isn't a good reason to think they will do well because first of all, it was Tenn-Martin...and Secondly, Oregon beat New Mexico 72-0 haha

Miss Foxy
09-08-2010, 06:53 PM
:blink:

Unranked Tenn beating the number 7 team in the country by 3 touchdowns?:frantics:

Yes!!! :angry:

BamaGrits84
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Sure Tenn. beat Tenn-Martin by 50, but that isn't a good reason to think they will do well because first of all, it was Tenn-Martin...and Secondly, Oregon beat New Mexico 72-0 haha

I thought this was the smaller Oregon team. Hum maybe I should reconsider...I'll get back to you. I need to do some checking.

BamaGrits84
09-08-2010, 07:36 PM

& it was two tds and a fg. not 3 tds.

matthughesfan21
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
& it was two tds and a fg. not 3 tds.that equals 17 points, you said Tenn. by 20:laugh:

matthughesfan21
09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I thought this was the smaller Oregon team. Hum maybe I should reconsider...I'll get back to you. I need to do some checking.

No, its the Oregon Ducks...Ranked #7 in the country

What smaller Oregon team? Oregon State is still ranked inside the top 25

BamaGrits84
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
that equals 17 points, you said Tenn. by 20:laugh:

k 2 td, 2 fg. better?
y u picking on me? :unsure-1:

There is only 1 Oregon ranks in the AP & USA polls. So I'm not sure what other team you are talking about that's ranked in the top 25.

I was think it was Oregon State, not UofO. I heard someone on the radio compare them (Oregon) to a smaller local college defensively so I assumed it was the smaller school.

matthughesfan21
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
k 2 td, 2 fg. better?
y u picking on me? :unsure-1:

There is only 1 Oregon ranks in the AP & USA polls. So I'm not sure what other team you are talking about that's ranked in the top 25. Oregon State is just outside of the top 25, one of those teams that received votes but just not enough to be in the top 25

I was think it was Oregon State, not UofO. I heard someone on the radio compare them (Oregon) to a smaller local college defensively so I assumed it was the smaller school.AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Alabama (47) 1-0 1484
2 Ohio State (4) 1-0 1412
3 Boise State (8) 1-0 1399
4 TCU 1-0 1256
5 Texas (1) 1-0 1192
6 Nebraska 1-0 1105
7 Oregon 1-0 1077

anyone on the radio who compares Oregon to a local college is delusional and has no business discussing sports because they obviously don't know anything about sports

BamaGrits84
09-08-2010, 09:09 PM
No, its the Oregon Ducks...Ranked #7 in the country

What smaller Oregon team? Oregon State is still ranked inside the top 25

UofO (Ducks) is 7 on AP, 8 on USA. no other Oregon team is listed.

i figured this was the oregon beavers which is state based on the comments made by a caller, not a host on a sports radio show.

in general if bama or auburn are not in the sentence I don't retain 100% of what's being said.

matthughesfan21
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
UofO (Ducks) is 7 on AP, 8 on USA. no other Oregon team is listed.

i figured this was the oregon beavers which is state based on the comments made by a caller, not a host on a sports radio show.

in general if bama or auburn are not in the sentence I don't retain 100% of what's being said.I addressed that in the red font in the quote box of my previous post...They were in the top 25 in the preseason AP(24) and USA (22) polls. They lost to TCU last week and I completely forgot about how that would drop them out of the top 25...TCU is in the top 10 though....My point from the beginning though has been that there are 2 damn good football teams in Oregon, both of which would likely beat Tenn.

BamaGrits84
09-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm calling Bama over Penn St by 17.
Auburn over Miss St by 7
LSU over Vandi by 10
Tenn over Org by 20

Dang I was close!

I'm changing my Tenn. I'm gonna take Org by 3.

matthughesfan21
09-12-2010, 04:34 AM
tenn over Org by 2048-13 Oregon...Better luck next time:laugh:

BamaGrits84
09-13-2010, 01:41 PM
48-13 Oregon...Better luck next time:laugh:

I got pretty close on Alabam & Auburn's games and did pick LSU for the win. So I think I called 3 out of 4 pretty well. Next week you try calling them and let's see how you do.

matthughesfan21
09-13-2010, 01:58 PM
I got pretty close on Alabam & Auburn's games and did pick LSU for the win. So I think I called 3 out of 4 pretty well. Next week you try calling them and let's see how you do.ok, give me the games and I'll give it a try...I was just messing with you anyways:wink: