PDA

View Full Version : Couture vs. Nog

matthughesfan21
02-26-2009, 10:56 PM
- COUTURE AGREES TO FIGHT WITH NOGUEIRA
Thursday, February 26, 2009 - by Tom Hamlin - MMAWeekly.com
Couture_v_Nog.jpg

Couture Accepts UFC 101 Bout with Nogueira by Tom Hamlin

A long-rumored bout between former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture and former UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira appears set to take place.

According to multiple sources from Couture’s camp, he has agreed to face Nogueira at the yet-unannounced UFC 101 sometime in August. The event may take place in Portland, Ore.

The UFC is now awaiting a response from Nogueira’s camp.

Previously, Couture was offered a fight with Nogueira in the first half of 2009, but his role in Sylvester Stallone’s “The Expendables,” set to film in late March, got in the way.

Couture was also rumored to be under consideration for UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany on June 13, but a source indicated he would be unable to complete a proper 8-week training camp and would not take the fight.

Nogueira was last seen at UFC 92, where he lost his interim heavyweight title in a TKO loss to current interim champ Frank Mir.

Couture – who has fought for or defended a title in 15 of his 19 UFC fights – lost the undisputed heavyweight title when he succumbed to strikes against Brock Lesnar at UFC 91.

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more updates on this story as they become available.

if this happens I'd take Randy after watching the performance Nog had against Mir

lc87
02-26-2009, 11:34 PM
In nogs defense didn't he lose a few weeks of training due to staph a few weeks before the fight?

But id like to see randy win though

atomdanger
02-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Portland deserves a UFC event!

god... it made me so mad when they moved the last one that was suppose to be here.

atomdanger
02-27-2009, 12:30 AM
In nogs defense didn't he lose a few weeks of training due to staph a few weeks before the fight?

But id like to see randy win though

Yeah, and it was obvious, he never comes in big, and he came in heavy,
I knew something was off.

Hughes_GOAT
02-27-2009, 12:35 AM
Nog via anaconda

F34R
02-27-2009, 02:36 AM
that's a tough one for me to even pick who i'd want to win, much less how lol.

Spiritwalker
02-27-2009, 02:45 AM
War Randy!!!! ALWAYS!!!

atomdanger
02-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Big Nog will sub Handy

GroundNPound
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
The Natural

Unless Randy is suddenly old over night (which he is starting to look BTW) I think he takes it.

matthughesfan21
02-27-2009, 04:39 PM
The Natural

Unless Randy is suddenly old over night (which he is starting to look BTW) I think he takes it.same goes for Nog though

Jonlion
02-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Would be a great fight, and both have a lot to prove, even though it feels wrong saying that, there is a lot on the line.

Randy's reputation has taken a battering, this will silence some critics and Nog looked so awful against Mir, he needs to show he is still a force.

I am kinda sad that this isnt the final unification fight for the title, after in an ideal world, Randy had seen to the upstart Brock Lesnar!

Crisco
02-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Would be a great fight, and both have a lot to prove, even though it feels wrong saying that, there is a lot on the line.

Randy's reputation has taken a battering, this will silence some critics and Nog looked so awful against Mir, he needs to show he is still a force.

I am kinda sad that this isnt the final unification fight for the title, after in an ideal world, Randy had seen to the upstart Brock Lesnar!

Who battered Randy's rep? he startled frate train with a nice cross and would have taken him down if it wasn't for that fence grab.

Nog on the other hand in taking a lot of heat.

I like Nog don't want him to lose but

But Randy 100% all the way baby

Jonlion
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Who battered Randy's rep? he startled frate train with a nice cross and would have taken him down if it wasn't for that fence grab.

Nog on the other hand in taking a lot of heat.

I like Nog don't want him to lose but

But Randy 100% all the way baby

Hey, Randy is and always is a hero in my eyes, and i dont blame him for anything.

However i there are many who criticise him for all that went on, how he left the UFC and all that, then he come back and got beat.

I just think if randy gets in again and does the business then all this politics bull**** is forgotten and it goes back to him being the greatest fighter ever and Captain America!

Llamafighter
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
This will be a HW bout that will look like a MW bout, I have a feeling. Both guys are class acts all the way and I think they'll bring the best out of eachother!

hizo64
02-27-2009, 08:31 PM
This will be a HW bout that will look like a MW bout, I have a feeling. Both guys are class acts all the way and I think they'll bring the best out of eachother!

Agreed! Either way I'll be happy/sad but Im pulling for Captain America!!

rearnakedchoke
02-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Couture takes this .. Nog is blind and shouldn't be fighting .. don't know if the SAC is incompetent or someone is paying them off ...

lc87
02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
I just wish this fight would have just happened in the first place that way randy didn't have that year off then who knows how he would have fought. A year off then taking on a monster. If he would have had fights inbetween there's no telling if he'd still be the champ

atomdanger
02-27-2009, 11:05 PM
I sort of got sucked into this huge Randy propaganda machine by the UFC,
but Randy really isn't that respectable of a guy IMO.

He dodged defending his title to Nog and left the UFC for a year,
going bad on his word and his signed contract.
(Sorry, he was getting paid enough)

He did some things on TUF 1 I didn't like.
(favored the guy from his gym, even though he hadn't earned anything,
yet gave some big speech about it being best for the team)

Josh
02-28-2009, 01:02 AM
I am sad to say this but I think Randy might take Nog at this stage in his career. A couple of years ago Nog would have beaten Randy easily but he is pretty battered lately.

Tyburn
03-01-2009, 01:49 AM
WAR NOG :)

bj44
03-01-2009, 06:55 AM
who knows what happens in this fight. For some reason i think Nog takes it.

Wish this fight happened when both fighters were closer to there prime

bradwright
03-01-2009, 06:49 PM
who knows what happens in this fight. For some reason i think Nog takes it.

Wish this fight happened when both fighters were closer to there prime
if they wanted to change venues they could call it geezers at caesars 2

Hughes_GOAT
03-02-2009, 12:53 AM
good one