PDA

View Full Version : Fedor says he wants to fight...

sunshine_jkd
08-25-2010, 07:34 PM
....Overeem. I was just on mmafighting.com and there was an article stating that Fedor and his camp want this match up in the fall. Anyone have any thoughts? If I had just lost to a guy like Fedor did I would probably want another crack at it. But the Overeem fight has been talked about for a bit. Don't care all that much to be honest,...but was curious about what everyone else's opinions might be.

J.B.
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I think Werdum is actually injured, otherwise we would be getting the rematch.

The Fedor/Overeem fight was essentially what they were building towards when Fedor lost to Werdum, so it makes sense.

Maldonado136
08-29-2010, 05:51 AM
as soon as overeem annouces that he is gonna be in the next k1 tourny then fedor says he wants this fight. good timing m1...

Neezar
08-29-2010, 12:13 PM
as soon as overeem annouces that he is gonna be in the next k1 tourny then fedor says he wants this fight. good timing m1...

That is what I was just thinking. :unsure-1:

Those crazy Russians.....

VCURamFan
08-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Doesn't make much sense to me for Overeem to put his title on the line against a non-contender.

I know, I know, he's Fedorious the Glorious, how dare I call him a non-contender. IMO, though, a loss bumps you out of title contension. I mean a quality organization like the UFC would never do something like that & devalue their HW title like that!

Liddellfan
08-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Doesn't make much sense to me for Overeem to put his title on the line against a non-contender.

I know, I know, he's Fedorious the Glorious, how dare I call him a non-contender. IMO, though, a loss bumps you out of title contension. I mean a quality organization like the UFC would never do something like that & devalue their HW title like that!

:funny:

J.B.
08-30-2010, 05:24 AM

:laugh:

and Overeem is the champion because???? :unsure-1:

I mean, lets get serious...he had not defended the title in over 2 years when he fought Rogers and he won it by defeating Paul Buentello. There was no legitimacy to that title to begin with. Overeem had never fought in Strikeforce before he fought Buentello, and Paul had a whopping 3 fights in Strikeforce before they created this title. Care to guess who that star studded list of names that Buentello beat consisted of?

Tank Abbott (10W-14L)

Ruben Villareal (16W-16W)

Carter Williams (3W-4L)

:rotfl:

JavierDLC
08-30-2010, 07:33 PM

Remember this is the Organization that gives title fights to those who lose there runner up match. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Llamafighter
08-30-2010, 08:25 PM

Fedor said in an interview (looking for it now) right after Werdum fight that he wanted to fight Overeem.

Maldonado136
08-31-2010, 12:35 AM
Fedor said in an interview (looking for it now) right after Werdum fight that he wanted to fight Overeem.

fair enough. well then I'll just say that m1 is full of crap because they kept going on about how overeem didn't deserve a fight and he is on steroids blah blah and now that fedor has lost and overeem is leaving all of the sudden vadim fecalstain is eager for the fight.

VCURamFan
08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
fair enough. well then I'll just say that m1 is full of crap because they kept going on about how overeem didn't deserve a fight and he is on steroids blah blah and now that fedor has lost and overeem is leaving all of the sudden vadim fecalstain is eager for the fight.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell us how you really feel!!!