PDA

View Full Version : Beat Whitey Night at the Iowa State Fair

flo
08-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Point 'em Out. Knock 'em Out in Burlington, Iowa
The Iowa State Fair had its share of problems with "attacks" on fair goers this year. On August 14th, after several attacks, the security was upped at the fair grounds. Over the last weekend trouble again erupted at the fair grounds where a group of 30-40 people, mostly black, were roaming the grounds and saying it was "beat whitey night".

Beat Whitey Night ended up with 2 police being assaulted while trying to bring the black "youths" under control. To hear one of the officers account of the attack on himself, the audio is here. Two black girls were the attackers on this policeman. One hit him from behind while he was trying to corral the one in front of him.

Was this an organized gang? No one is saying. It puts me in the mind of the "game" being played on the Burlington, Iowa streets. It's called "Point 'em out. Knock 'em out." A group of 30 or so people point out a person walking or riding a bike and 4-6 people of the group run over and beat on them. The Point 'em out, Knock 'em out game killed a Decatur, Illinois man in 2009. He was on a bike and they knocked him off. He was kicked 40-50 times in the head until he died. And while no one wants to set the racial fires burning, these groups are largely made up of black people.

The beat whitey night and point 'em out, knock 'em out activities are not something that Iowans want to see or are used to seeing. Something or someone is setting racial violence into action where none was before. Keokuk, Iowa had 5 shootings this weekend at a "disturbance" in a bar after a hip-hop contest was over and the bar was closing. No papers or TV news have said what races were involved.

The media is slow to report race or motives. Law enforcement and the media tend to try and be PC. This is not going to work. People are outraged and the anger is growing about the black violence on whites in Iowa. Reading the blogs and comments on news sites, its clear that some think they will have to take things into their own hands. That's going to lead to major problems.

State Rep. Ako Abdul-Samad Democrat from Des Moines said he wasn't sure if the beat whitey night attacks were racially motivated. He didn't have enough information. What? This is how mole hills become mountains Mr. Abdul-Samad.

Iowa politicians and law enforcement have to get on top of this now. Iowans aren't going to take this kind of stuff laying down. There's no room, need or want for racism in Iowa. Beat whitey night is appalling. And hate crimes are hate crimes. Black on white violence is just as hateful as white on black violence. Wake up Iowa and take control.

Sources:
DesMoinesRegister.com
KWQC TVNEWS

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5719520/beat_whitey_night_at_the_iowa_state.html?cat=17

J.B.
08-24-2010, 08:57 PM
The beat whitey night and point 'em out, knock 'em out activities are not something that Iowans want to see or are used to seeing.

:rotfl:

NateR
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
State Rep. Ako Abdul-Samad Democrat from Des Moines said he wasn't sure if the beat whitey night attacks were racially motivated.

:blink:

It's called "Beat Whitey Night." You don't have to be a rocket scientist to recognize that it is racially motivated.

Here is Mr. Abdul-Samad's website and I think it will shed some light on exactly why he has trouble recognizing black-on-white racism. In one of those videos he refers to his own state as the "5th whitest state" in America. :angry: We need representatives who are colorblind, and not ones who are looking to give one race a leg up over another race. This guy is the perfect picture of Modern Liberal Racism:
http://www.citizensforako.com/

Mac
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
its so insanely one sided anymore ints not even funny . How much flak do you think that paper would have gotten if they said " Witnesses said the perps were a group of young darkies" LMAO

J.B.
08-24-2010, 09:13 PM
its so insanely one sided anymore ints not even funny . How much flak do you think that paper would have gotten if they said " Witnesses said the perps were a group of young darkies" LMAO

Sharpton and Jackson would be marching in the streets and people would be fired. :laugh:

rearnakedchoke
08-25-2010, 12:37 AM
up here in canada we call it 'smack a cracka' ... but it's cool, cuz we also have 'kick a spic' and whack a paki ... so we are cool .. .

Bonnie
08-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Sharpton and Jackson would be marching in the streets and people would be fired. :laugh:

Where is Al? Oh, wait, I know, he'll be marching and demanding someone's head roll when one of these "whiteys" does a Bernhard Goetz on their @$$. Then we'll see Al on every news network spouting his outrage. :wink:

I say give'em back what they're dishing out. :punch:

NateR
08-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Is Iowa a concealed carry state? If not, then this is a great argument for why it should be.

flo
08-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Where is Al? Oh, wait, I know, he'll be marching and demanding someone's head roll when one of these "whiteys" does a Bernhard Goetz on their @$$. Then we'll see Al on every news network spouting his outrage. :wink:

I say give'em back what they're dishing out. :punch:
I'm with you, Bonnie.

Is Iowa a concealed carry state? If not, then this is a great argument for why it should be.
Good point, Nate. Yes, one can get a permit but it's not easy.
http://www.ehow.com/how_2061098_get-permit-carry-concealed-weapon.html
Much simpler here in Washington, TG.

matthughesfan21
08-25-2010, 05:24 AM
its so insanely one sided anymore ints not even funny . How much flak do you think that paper would have gotten if they said " Witnesses said the perps were a group of young darkies" LMAOthere are is alot of reverse racism, but it is not totally one-sided...African-americans and other races still receive a large amount of racism.

It's 2010, I just wished it was gone altogether, but that's wishful thinking.....Racism goes both ways, and until all sides involve grow up, it's not going to change....The younger generations(with the exception of the hoodlums)seem to be moving in the right direction...As far as I can tell(at least on a college campus), the 2 races get along quite well and don't have seperated groups of friends, most people co-mingle quite well. Of course, there are the cases of racism from smaller groups(some black's are raised to fear and hate whites and vice versa and that's going to be hard to change), but the number of racism cases is pretty low

TexasRN
08-25-2010, 10:55 AM
up here in canada we call it 'smack a cracka' ... but it's cool, cuz we also have 'kick a spic' and whack a paki ... so we are cool .. .

:scared0011:

:laugh:

I feel bad cuz I laughed at those. :unsure-1:

~Amy

rearnakedchoke
08-25-2010, 11:48 AM
there are is alot of reverse racism, but it is not totally one-sided...African-americans and other races still receive a large amount of racism.

It's 2010, I just wished it was gone altogether, but that's wishful thinking.....Racism goes both ways, and until all sides involve grow up, it's not going to change....The younger generations(with the exception of the hoodlums)seem to be moving in the right direction...As far as I can tell(at least on a college campus), the 2 races get along quite well and don't have seperated groups of friends, most people co-mingle quite well. Of course, there are the cases of racism from smaller groups(some black's are raised to fear and hate whites and vice versa and that's going to be hard to change), but the number of racism cases is pretty low

i hate that term ... racism is racism ... but i hear ya ... all races are discriminated against ... some more than others, but it all balances out ...

adamt
08-25-2010, 01:15 PM

yep, and i am licensed and ALWAYS pack, i said as soon as i heard this i said that i wish they woulda attacked me

County Mike
08-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Disgusting. The United States should ban EVERYTHING that's related to race. If you want to end racism, get rid of anything that is based on race.

No more KKK, NAACP, Irish Pride Parade, Puerto Rican Heritage Festival, etc. If it's based on race, it's not allowed. THAT is the best way to get rid of racism. Remove anything that reinforces race so that we're all just "people".

adamt
08-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Disgusting. The United States should ban EVERYTHING that's related to race. If you want to end racism, get rid of anything that is based on race.

No more KKK, NAACP, Irish Pride Parade, Puerto Rican Heritage Festival, etc. If it's based on race, it's not allowed. THAT is the best way to get rid of racism. Remove anything that reinforces race so that we're all just "people".

black history month, negro college fund

adamt
08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
some people say there were hundreds, but the most reliable accounts say about 150 13-19 year olds,

the bad thing is this happened two weeks ago at the beginning of the fair and didn't report it til monday(10 days later), when the fair was over, i guess to keep attendance up for the fair, and the really sad part is the second weekends beatings would have been prevented

if you want to hear some good stuff check out jan mikkelsons podcast on who 1040 radios website

the teens all were yelling stuff like "kill mother f-ing cracker a$$ honkies"

Miss Foxy
08-25-2010, 04:25 PM
i hate that term ... racism is racism ... but i hear ya ... all races are discriminated against ... some more than others, but it all balances out ...

Yes. I get disgusted whether it's black, white, latino....etc. Most of us have been discriminated against at some point in our life. This is very alarming that we are in the year 2010 and this goes on..My daughter referred to a boy from her school as a beaner and I smacked her right in the face at the dinner table!!:punch:

NateR
08-25-2010, 04:50 PM
black history month, negro college fund

NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)

rockdawg21
08-25-2010, 05:16 PM
The media is slow to report race or motives.
This is true only when the hate crime is committed against whites. If a white group was going around doing this to any other non-whites, this would be all over CNN, Fox, USA Today, etc.

There's a big double-standard with regards to hate crimes.

rockdawg21
08-25-2010, 05:17 PM
NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People)
County Mike

matthughesfan21
08-25-2010, 05:24 PM

I don't like the term either and I agree, but I just used it because it was more likely to be recognizable to others

Rev
08-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Is this an issue in Decatur? Im going hunting up there and I just need to know if I should prepare for any "extra" encounters. Im used to it down here but I didnt expect to hear about it up there. Wow.

rockdawg21
08-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Is this an issue in Decatur? Im going hunting up there and I just need to know if I should prepare for any "extra" encounters. Im used to it down here but I didnt expect to hear about it up there. Wow.
Decatur? LOL, Decatur is full of whiteys with guns who would shoot all of these jackasses. Burlington is on the Mississippi River, I'm sure you'll be fine.

BTW, I'm from Harrison County, Missouri, the county directly south on I-35 (Bethany, Missouri).

Rev
08-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Well the article spoke of a man killed from the "point'em out knock'em out" game. Just checking.:cool:

rockdawg21
08-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Well the article spoke of a man killed from the "point'em out knock'em out" game. Just checking.:cool:
Oh, Decatur Illinois. I don't know. I thought you were talking about Decatur Iowa, lol

BamaGrits84
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm not racist. If a person of any color violates me I'll second amendment their @ss in a heart beat.

:fighting0023: <- exactly how my husband says I shoot, with my eyes closed. :huh: Maybe I should work on that.

You know who I blame for racial divides that remain? The Jackson's and Sharpton's. The people who refuse to do anything but enable a victim mentality as if being black is a handicap. Use your power to help improve the black communities and not hold them down by teaching this mindset that they can suceed without help because the white man is trying to keep them down. That's complete BS.

Bottom line, reagrdless of what this group of idiots did we still are to love them like Jesus. And you know the song, "red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight"

Side note, my husband is really tan from working outside and when my son was 2 I heard him tell someone "My daddy is brown." (He has never called anyone black it's always been brown). :blink: Me, "No honey your daddy is tan."

matthughesfan21
08-25-2010, 11:26 PM

I doubt you'll have a problem with it there considering where you'll be..But they've had race incidents at Decatur Eisenhower High School

matthughesfan21
08-25-2010, 11:36 PM
You know who I blame for racial divides that remain? The Jackson's and Sharpton's. "Don't get me wrong, they certainly are part of the problem and should share some of that blame...But you can't just narrow it down to them.

But the fact of the matter is, in this country there are still Whites who view other races as inferior people, and until that changes, nothing will get better...The jackson's and sharpton's are popular because they insert themselves into that "fear of the white man" that certain black people have. Blacks who feel that way typically have experienced racism in the past or were taught that way by relatives who had experienced it. If blacks were not looked at differently by certain sectors of white people, jackson and sharpton would be out of business.

In this country, we are stuck at the moment. Those certain Blacks aren't going to change their mentality until they no longer face racism from those certain Whites. And those certain whites aren't going to change their mentality until the black's change theirs first....We are stuck in a racial game of chicken and its discouraging to watch. I don't give a damn what color someone is, if they are a good person and enjoyable to spend time with, I am more than happy to be their friend. But unfortunately, not everyone in this country feels this way. All races involved share the blame in this