PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul supports "Ground Zero Mosque"

rockdawg21
08-24-2010, 04:03 PM
I never expected to hear this from Ron Paul. This is from a live interview on CNN yesterday (8/23/10). Go forward to about 3:30 for the start of his interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCFo0n4m4Kc

NateR
08-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Honestly, as long as it is being funded ONLY through private funds and donations then it's their property, they can do whatever they want with it. The only way I would seriously object is if this group of Muslims is getting some extra financial help from the government. Because that would definitely be a violation of the Constitution.

I don't like it, but I think there are more important things going on in this country that require our attention and involvement.

rockdawg21
08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I agree, it's private property and they have every right to purchase it. I just personally believe if this group TRULY respected the families, U.S.A., or Christianity (or rather, religious tolerance), they would find a different location.

NateR
08-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I agree, it's private property and they have every right to purchase it. I just personally believe if this group TRULY respected the families, U.S.A., or Christianity (or rather, religious tolerance), they would find a different location.

I agree and I can't help but think that the Muslims planning this mosque see it as some sort of victory over the "American Satan." I definitely do not trust their motives here; but they are clearly protected under the Constitution, so little is accomplished by getting angry about it.

Just like the liquor store that recently opened up in the center of town here in Hillsboro, that I believe trashes up the entire area. I don't like it, but there is nothing I can do since it is private property. If I object to it, then all I can do is avoid shopping at their establishment (which should be easy) and hope they are forced to close up shop soon.

As long as no taxpayer money is being funneled into this mosque, then there isn't really much we can do to stop it.

Miss Foxy
08-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Frankly I don't care who is furnishing the expense... I don't agree at all!!!! This is just a slap in the face.. Makes me furious!!!!!!!!!!!:timebomb:

Tyburn
08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
but they are clearly protected under the Constitution,

They shouldnt be IMHO :angry::laugh:

Doubtless they see it as a Trophy Mosque. For Radical Jihad the Mosque is a sign of Conquest. If you read about the Rise of Islam, particularly the Crusades you'll discover as soon as they capture a place, they instantenously desicrate the holy sites...and Not just Christianity...but ANY Religious Site becomes their own. The biggest Example was what they did to Haggia Sophia in Constantinople. (You'll notice that they changed the name to Istanbul) Constantinople, like many Roman things, was named after a Roman. Emporar Constantine...the one who woke up one day and decided to become a Christian, just like that :laugh:

For them, this is a spiritual war, therefore, although the Twin Towers were not a religious building to the Americans in the eyes of Islam, they were very much being targetted as symbols of America...which even if it isnt considered Christian by some of the Americans on this forum...IS considered Christian by Islam. Therefore they may well see the fallen Towers as a Conquest of War, in precisely the same way they saw Jerusalem, or Constantinople, and the way they tried to view Rome. They have effectively abandoned Rome, and made America the next Centre of Christondom. Therefore effectively they are claiming New York City for themselves, as if they had invaded the City, like they would a land invasion after beseiging or sacking.

I wonder...if in the years since 9/11 a Mosque has appeared somewhere in Washington DC somewhere in the Suberbs surrounding the Pentagon, it wouldnt suprise me, and wouldnt garner the same attention, but would prove the point im trying to make. They are scarily still working on middle aged principles...things that Christians have long since abandoned...so long ago was it that Christians moved heaven and earth to build great monuments for GOD, that we have almost forgotten why they still stand on important sites in our Lands....At least with the early churchs in England being built on Pagen sites, was not meant to be an act of desicration, but an aid of easy and convinence for a newly converted population. Thats not the same, they werent used to mark victories in battle.

Its like The Church is fast asleep and oblivious to whats going on here :sad:

logrus
08-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Irony, HA!

Buzzard
08-26-2010, 01:04 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap

logrus
08-26-2010, 03:42 AM
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-23-2010/the-parent-company-trap

Boy even more IRONY

:laugh: