PDA

View Full Version : As America Withdraws, Iraq says TOO SOON

Tyburn
08-20-2010, 04:27 PM
:ninja: The vast majority of American forces in Iraq left the country today signifying the Return of Soverignty to the State. There are a number who will stay as advisors and aiders to the Iraqi Army, but even those shall have departed by 2011.

Lieutenant General Babaker Zebari, the chief of staff of the Iraqi Army Has said that He would really rather the American Forces Stay, and stay in a military capacity until the Iraqi Army reaches its full strength. He thinks around 2020 :laugh:

:laugh: Washington Declined to comment :laugh:

BamaGrits84
08-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I have such mixed feeling over this war. I want our soliders to get able to come home to their familes. I think we went over there and distroyed a horrible dictator as was needed. I think they did have WMDs that they moved or sold before the invasion to make it look like they had done nothing wrong.

My friend is an officer and deals with WMDs like the bomb squad of the army. He's 100% sure there were WMDs there and they've seen evidence but nothing that if presented to the public wouldn't be picked to peaces by liberals. Enough for the guys on the ground to know it's not a waste being over there but not enough to prove it to people who have no understanding of how these weapons are made - like our congress and the general public.

When did we own it to these countries to rebuild them post war? I understand we need to keep a presence there so terrorist don't take over but I don't think the decision makers have listened to the folks on the ground. And to me that means we haven't won or finished what we started.

rearnakedchoke
08-20-2010, 04:59 PM
I have such mixed feeling over this war. I want our soliders to get able to come home to their familes. I think we went over there and distroyed a horrible dictator as was needed. I think they did have WMDs that they moved or sold before the invasion to make it look like they had done nothing wrong.

My friend is an officer and deals with WMDs like the bomb squad of the army. He's 100% sure there were WMDs there and they've seen evidence but nothing that if presented to the public wouldn't be picked to peaces by liberals. Enough for the guys on the ground to know it's not a waste being over there but not enough to prove it to people who have no understanding of how these weapons are made - like our congress and the general public.

When did we own it to these countries to rebuild them post war? I understand we need to keep a presence there so terrorist don't take over but I don't think the decision makers have listened to the folks on the ground. And to me that means we haven't won or finished what we started.

considering saddam used WMD's, i don't think it is a question of whether there were any, but where are they now ....

Tyburn
08-20-2010, 05:09 PM

The problem is that all States need governance, going in and distroying a government is the easy part. But if you dont reinstate something, then what happens is a civil war, which will give rise, to usually, no good thing. The only way to make sure terrorists DONT take charge, is to take charge yourself. Unfortunately that takes a long, long time.

I am not so much worried about Terrorists or civil war in Iraq, I used to worry about that...but what I am worried about now is Iran. Iraq shares a boarder with Iran...Iran grows in power, and Iraq is now at its most vulnerable....my fear now is, early next year when America is gone completely, will the Iraqi Soverignty hold against something like Iran, if the Iranians wants to attack or invade or expand...

Miss Foxy
08-20-2010, 05:22 PM
considering saddam used WMD's, i don't think it is a question of whether there were any, but where are they now ....

Iran

BamaGrits84
08-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Iran

There or Pakistan is the most widely assumed location by most military folks it seems. Some think Sadam would have sent them to Iran just because he knew if he was over taken Iran could use the weapons to take back Iraq. Some think they were sold to terrorist groups in Pakistan.

Miss Foxy
08-20-2010, 06:18 PM
There or Pakistan is the most widely assumed location by most military folks it seems. Some think Sadam would have sent them to Iran just because he knew if he was over taken Iran could use the weapons to take back Iraq. Some think they were sold to terrorist groups in Pakistan.

Yup!! Iran, Pakistan, Yemen, and Syria.. One or a few or heck even all of em!:scared0015:

County Mike
08-20-2010, 07:02 PM
My biggest concern of pulling our troops out is the small group left behind. They're a lot more vulnerable now. Hopefully we can get EVERYONE out quickly and Iraq can handle things with their new leadership.

BamaGrits84
08-20-2010, 07:53 PM
My biggest concern of pulling our troops out is the small group left behind. They're a lot more vulnerable now. Hopefully we can get EVERYONE out quickly and Iraq can handle things with their new leadership.

That's a very good point that I hadn't considered. The general in charge of US forces have been asking for more troops not fewer. BO is trying to put a rabbit out of a hat to help his poll numbers but this is just going to hurt him worse. We wants to be able to say he brought troops home. Hopefully American's will vote smarter starting this November and continue to do so until we get The Joker out of office.

Tyburn
08-20-2010, 08:37 PM
That's a very good point that I hadn't considered. The general in charge of US forces have been asking for more troops not fewer. BO is trying to put a rabbit out of a hat to help his poll numbers but this is just going to hurt him worse. We wants to be able to say he brought troops home. Hopefully American's will vote smarter starting this November and continue to do so until we get The Joker out of office.

But he's not really bringing anyone home is he. He's shunting his forces around like Trains. They'll all be back on deployment before you know it, in Afghanistan instead...:unsure-1:

You know...I think its a bit soon...I think I would have prefered a more gradual decline. Maybe starting now and finishing in the next three or four years, slowly, handing soverignty back bit by bit.

:ninja: Hopefully nothing can save democratic majority in the mid terms :ninja:

Bonnie
08-20-2010, 10:32 PM

That's the first thing I thought of too, Mike. They say the ones left behind will be more or less behind the scenes. I won't be surprised if big-time violence breaks out now and I'm real concerned for our men and women staying there.

I'm also afraid that these last several years will all be for naught if everything falls apart over there now. Our service men and women (and their families) have sacrificed so very much over there that I'd hate to see that happen.

That's one of the things that really bugs me about that mosque they want to put up near ground zero and these dumbass politicians that see no problem with it: our men and women have given the ultimate in life and limb fighting over there to protect us over here because of what happened on 9/11, and they don't see a problem with this--incredible! Someone said something about how the muslims, in their culture, they will see this as a weakness (on our part), our allowing them to build that mosque there, and I agree. In their sick twisted minds, they see it as a victory for Islam.

flo
08-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Yup, same here.

Spiritwalker
08-21-2010, 01:32 AM

Well said!

CAVEMAN
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Iran

Agree!:)

Miss Foxy
08-23-2010, 03:56 PM
Agree!:)

My precious Amir is 1/2 Iranian :unsure-1:..lol.. On a serious note we never and still aren't taking Iran too serious...They are really the ones I fear :scared0015:

rearnakedchoke
08-23-2010, 05:09 PM
My precious Amir is 1/2 Iranian :unsure-1:..lol.. On a serious note we never and still aren't taking Iran too serious...They are really the ones I fear :scared0015:

nah, the saudis ... they are soo buddy buddy with america .... but i guess that's a good thing ... keep your friends close and your enemies closer ...