PDA

View Full Version : What if it works?

Crisco
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
What if Obama's plan works?

I have not really been able to think about it that much because I think it will be an EPIC fail...

But what if it does work though? Anyone had time to think on it yet?

rockdawg21
02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
If it works, I will join the Democratic party. That's how confident I am that this plan of spending 1.5 trillion dollars on stupid projects will work.

As a salesman, I understand that you have to spend money to make money. But contributing $1 million to a disc golf course in Austin, TX isn't going to create more jobs. "Green Energy" funding isn't going to create more jobs (a town of 194 in Alabama is requesting $375 million, mostly for green energy, that's 2 million per person!!!). And giving 1 billion to black colleges is, in itself, racist. What about those students with 3.75 GPAs who can't afford to pay for their tuition, what about them? I was watching a news report on CNN this morning that shows 600,000 very qualified students (3.5 gpa and above) do not return for a 2nd semester and do not receive a degree within 8 years of graduating high school. If you want to stimulate the economy, why not create more jobs and give those students who've EARNED good grades an opportunity to fill those jobs?

County Mike
02-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I hope it does work, but I'll be 100% shocked if it does.

que
02-27-2009, 02:18 AM
well, what CAN work at this point?

if there was a definite answer then everyone would be pointing towards it and everyone wouldn't be questioning what will work and what won't work. the fact is, no one knows. and maybe there is no way to fix it at this point. at least in our lifetime. we will have to wait and see

logrus
02-27-2009, 02:31 AM

if there was a definite answer then everyone would be pointing towards it and everyone wouldn't be questioning what will work and what won't work. the fact is, no one knows. and maybe there is no way to fix it at this point. at least in our lifetime. we will have to wait and see

What people don't understand is our Gov already did this same thing during the great depression. We stepped back from other countries goods and did everything in house. We went looking for dirt roads and graveled roads and paved them. We looked for ways to improve our lives. The list goes on and on to save our country back then.

Its a tough decision, do you follow the already paved road or do you venture out. Bush stayed on the same road and we jumped further into the rabbits hole.

What I see is a forum of people who seem to put Bush 1 level below God in how he ran everythign for 8 years.

Krupp
02-27-2009, 02:38 AM
If it works, great. If it doesn't, I won't be surprised. Very little seems to go according to plan nowadays. Ireland beckons all the more though.

NateR
02-27-2009, 02:47 AM
What people don't understand is our Gov already did this same thing during the great depression. We stepped back from other countries goods and did everything in house. We went looking for dirt roads and graveled roads and paved them. We looked for ways to improve our lives. The list goes on and on to save our country back then.

Even after all that, it still took a world war to actually end the Great Depression.

Besides we're not at the Great Depression level yet, regardless of the liberal propaganda being thrown around by our administration. We're still better off now than we were under Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan got us out of that mess by doing the exact opposite of what Obama is doing.

atomdanger
02-27-2009, 02:57 AM

Yeah... I don't see anybody with a better plan.

A serious question, when was the last republican president to leave the country in better financial shape than he got it?

Spiritwalker
02-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Even after all that, it still took a world war to actually end the Great Depression.

Besides we're not at the Great Depression level yet, regardless of the liberal propaganda being thrown around by our administration. We're still better off now than we were under Jimmy Carter. Ronald Reagan got us out of that mess by doing the exact opposite of what Obama is doing.

I really don't see how we could have another "Great Depression".. The world economy is just to prevalent.

BUt I have to agree.. Spending and supporting everyone and everything, that's just a bad idea.

Do I want to see people lose jobs? Hell no. My own job was sold out to a company in India. Now I support those bozos.

Times are always changing.. you have to be able to roll with the changes.. upgrade your business.. upgrade and modify your life.. stop looking for things to stay the same. Don't ask for hand outs when you have a great working brain...

Hughes_GOAT
02-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Yeah... I don't see anybody with a better plan.

A serious question, when was the last republican president to leave the country in better financial shape than he got it?
Reagan

NateR
02-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Reagan

Exactly. Carter got us into terrible mess and Reagan not only fixed it, but he was one of the catalysts towards ending the Cold War as well. That's why he's one of the greatest Presidents that this nation has ever seen.

logrus
02-27-2009, 03:05 AM

True, yet my point is the government tried different tactics to jump start us back to where we were before the crash. The War as bad as it was really did come at a good time in our history.

Reagan didn't get the perfect country thats for sure, but still you look at where we ranked back then and where we rank now its really is different.

atomdanger
02-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Reagan

thank you

NateR
02-27-2009, 03:08 AM
True, yet my point is the government tried different tactics to jump start us back to where we were before the crash. The War as bad as it was really did come at a good time in our history.

Reagan didn't get the perfect country thats for sure, but still you look at where we ranked back then and where we rank now its really is different.

I agree in that there are a lot more factors against us now. In some ways, this could potentially be a worse crisis than the Great Depression, because in 1929 we didn't have the credit market, trillions of dollars of debt, and all of our money was still on the Gold Standard.

MattHughesRocks
02-27-2009, 05:46 AM
This is The GreatER Depression :sad:

VCURamFan
02-27-2009, 05:48 AM
This is The GreatER Depression :sad:No it's not. We're no where near 1930s standard yet. The problem is that if we just start printing money like they're stickers, then we'll be in big trouble.

MattHughesRocks
02-27-2009, 05:51 AM
But I want some of those stickers :unsure-1:

No it's not. We're no where near 1930s standard yet. The problem is that if we just start printing money like they're stickers, then we'll be in big trouble.

Jonlion
02-27-2009, 10:24 AM
If you look at out standards of living and quality of life, im not sure we could call this a great depression.

MOST, people i know are still in jobs, feeling the pinch a little but surviving.

It isnt tales like my nan and granddad, going to school without shoes and that!

I still maintain the media makes this "Depression" 5 times worse than it is.

I have lost money, i have to cut back on things but overall, i really can't complain about my lot.