PDA

View Full Version : DREAM not paying fighters

VCURamFan
08-17-2010, 05:37 PM
From TATAME.com -

TATAME called Dream featherweight champion Bibiano Fernandes this morning to know more about his return to the rings, but was surprised by an unbelievable answer. “Dream called me two days ago to offer me a fight at September 21, but I said I won’t fight until they pay me for my last fight (against Joachim Hansen)”, Bibiano told TATAME, revealing that he hasn’t been paid yet for the fight, which took place five months ago in Japan. “I have family, I have a wife and I can’t work without getting paid. I’ll only fight against when they pay me for my last fight”.

Unfortunately, this is not a new situation when it comes to Dream. In September of 2009, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza spoke with TATAME and revealed, four months after fighting Jason Miller, he hasn’t received the money yet. The same situation was reported this month, when Gary Goodridge revealed he hasn’t been paid for his fight against Gegard Mousasi, which took place last December. Stay tuned on TATAME to know more about the case.

flo
08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
That is just disgraceful. These men put their LIVES on the line and endure so much physical punishment in training and during the fight. There is NO excuse!

Tyburn
08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
isnt it illegal not to pay the fighters??

sender
08-18-2010, 05:52 PM
isnt it illegal not to pay the fighters??

Its also dangerous to get mad at the Japanese Mafia for not paying you haha

Tyburn
08-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Its also dangerous to get mad at the Japanese Mafia for not paying you haha

The Japanese Mafia should have no problem paying Fighters large sums of money pretty quickly, their position in society denotes they must attain a high capital basis. Mafia are powerful AND Wealthy. Are Dream really funded by Mafia like M-1 and Pride :huh: (and maybe the UFC :ninja::laugh:)

J.B.
08-19-2010, 12:41 AM
The Japanese Mafia should have no problem paying Fighters large sums of money pretty quickly, their position in society denotes they must attain a high capital basis. Mafia are powerful AND Wealthy. Are Dream really funded by Mafia like M-1 and Pride :huh: (and maybe the UFC :ninja::laugh:)

Dream is basically run by the same people who started Pride.

Tyburn
08-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Dream is basically run by the same people who started Pride.

:blink: oh...they really ARE run by Mafia then...okay :unsure-1:

J.B.
08-19-2010, 12:52 AM
:blink: oh...they really ARE run by Mafia then...okay :unsure-1:

The Yakuza

Tyburn
08-19-2010, 01:00 AM
The Yakuza

Or a Triad Group I suppose.

J.B.
08-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Or a Triad Group I suppose.

No, it's the Yakuza. That's been pretty widely known for a long time.

sender
08-19-2010, 06:05 AM

I think the last thing the UFC would do is fund dream haha but then again they did kind of fund them by buying pride