PDA

View Full Version : whoooh I'm 2 - 0 now amature mma!

sender
08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
MAANNNNNN I have been so busy training like crazy and competing as as money grappling tournaments as I can.

The baby is due end of october so gotta do it now while I still can haha.

I even got some first and seconds in a few grappling tourneys finally. For some reason I haven't done too well in grappling tournaments in the past. Not sure really why but things seem to be comming together now.

I still haven't had a chance to post the vid of my first fight haha even though I said I would. I feel like a poo face but I will try to get some computer time to post it.

Second fight was yesterday. Another decision win though :(

Got the guy mounted in the first and totaly blew my wad trying to finish him. If I would have relaxed more I probably could have but I got too excited because I really wanted a finish.

I did however get a Matt Hughes sideways slam takedown in da third round.

Extreme!!!

flo
08-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey, congratulations, that's great (great news about the baby too!).

flo
08-15-2010, 01:07 AM
BTW, I love your location. :)

Chuck
08-15-2010, 01:08 AM
MAANNNNNN I have been so busy training like crazy and competing as as money grappling tournaments as I can.

The baby is due end of october so gotta do it now while I still can haha.

I even got some first and seconds in a few grappling tourneys finally. For some reason I haven't done too well in grappling tournaments in the past. Not sure really why but things seem to be comming together now.

I still haven't had a chance to post the vid of my first fight haha even though I said I would. I feel like a poo face but I will try to get some computer time to post it.

Second fight was yesterday. Another decision win though :(

Got the guy mounted in the first and totaly blew my wad trying to finish him. If I would have relaxed more I probably could have but I got too excited because I really wanted a finish.

I did however get a Matt Hughes sideways slam takedown in da third round.

Extreme!!!

EXTREME!!!!!!!!!! :happydancing:

County Mike
08-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Extreme!

Are you allowed to strike the head of a downed opponent in your amateurs? In NJ, once you're on the ground the head is off limits. That makes a ground n pound finish almost impossible because you have to use body shots.

rockdawg21
08-15-2010, 03:11 PM
A win is a win, congratulations!

J.B.
08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
that's pretty extreme dude....good job! :)

VCURamFan
08-15-2010, 08:14 PM
RAGE!!!

logrus
08-15-2010, 09:45 PM
EXTREME VIDEO!!!!! :punch:

sender
08-16-2010, 02:04 AM
Very extreme!

Extreme!

Are you allowed to strike the head of a downed opponent in your amateurs? In NJ, once you're on the ground the head is off limits. That makes a ground n pound finish almost impossible because you have to use body shots.

The amature rules up here are pretty good. 10ounce modified boxing gloves and shin guards. No knees or elbows, no spinning kicks or punches, no hammer fists and no deliberate slams that are over waist high.

Also its 3 2minute rounds.

I did find a Play by play of the event (http://topmmanews.com/2010/08/15/hybrid-combat-h6-play-by-play/). I will do my best to get some video of this and my last fight up somewhere asap. :D

sender
08-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Oh and in the play by play the spelt my name Mathias instead of Matthias :S but oh well

Llamafighter
08-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Awesome job buddy!
Bedard responds with a tremendous scoop slam and takes side control.

VCURamFan
08-16-2010, 03:05 AM
EXTREME Play-by-Play!!

Cameron Hewitt vs. Mathias Bedard
Rd1: Bedard pressures Hewitt back into the corner and starts to pepper him with punches. Bedard lands the double leg take down and winds up in mount. Bedard works the GNP from top position. Bedard stands to get better positioning and Hewitt escapes to his feet. Bedard rushes in again and pulls Hewitt to the mat once again landing in mount. Bedard quickly tries for a arm bar but Hewitt reverse and winds up on top as the horn sounds. TopMMAnews scores the round 10-9 Bedard

Rd2: Once again Bedard comes out like lighting and works Hewitt over with punches and body kicks. Hewitt ties up and attempts a standing guillotine, Bedard almost falls through the ropes and the fight is restarted. Bedard quickly lands the takedown again but cannot do anything with it and fight is restarted on the feet. Bedard and Hewitt close out the round exchanging punches and body kicks. TopMMAnews scores the round 10-9 Bedard

Rd3: Hewitt comes out as the aggressor and really starts to work over Bedard. Bedard responds with a tremendous scoop slam and takes side control. Hewitt bucks and reverses Bedard. Hewitt on top trying to land some shot, but Bedard throws his leg up and uses a shoulder lock to reverse Hewitt and finishes the round off on top. TopMMAnews scores the round 10-9 Bedard
Bedard defeats Hewitt via Unanimous Decision (30-27 x 3)
Sounds like you really worked him over the whole time!

sender
08-16-2010, 03:51 AM
Awesome job buddy!

I was actualy hoping that the take down looked like a Matt Hughes one haha Have to wait and see the video if it does or not.

DonnaMaria
08-16-2010, 04:45 AM
You have a baby due?!:w00t:

EXTREME!!!!!!

( How did I not know that?:huh: )

Congrats on another win!!:)

sender
08-16-2010, 05:53 AM
You have a baby due?!:w00t:

EXTREME!!!!!!

( How did I not know that?:huh: )

Congrats on another win!!:)

Thanks.
Yeah almost have the baby room ready and everything!

heres some pics of the fight for anyone who wants to see.

http://topmmanews.com/2010/08/15/hybrid-combat-h6-photo-gallery/?album=56&gallery=399

Miss Foxy
08-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Yaay!!! Your a champ!! Keep it up!! :)

VCURamFan
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Haha, I think this one's my favorite! :laugh:

http://topmmanews.com/wp-content/gallery/hybrid-6-cameron-hewitt-vs-mathias-andrews/cameron-hewitt-vs-mathias-andrews-8.jpg

sender
08-16-2010, 05:14 PM

http://topmmanews.com/wp-content/gallery/hybrid-6-cameron-hewitt-vs-mathias-andrews/cameron-hewitt-vs-mathias-andrews-8.jpg

Yeah I laughed when I saw that one haha

No idea what happend there. Looks like we both missed a bunch or something.
I'm pretty interested to see the whole thing on video. Its all a blur.

VCURamFan
08-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah I laughed when I saw that one haha

No idea what happend there. Looks like we both missed a bunch or something.
I'm pretty interested to see the whole thing on video. Its all a blur.
It looks like you were both trying to punch the super-villian, but he just teleported away, laughing mockingly at your failure! :laugh:

Boomer
08-17-2010, 03:16 AM
AWESOME Mathias!!!! :headbanger: Truly Extreme!! :cool:

DonnaMaria
08-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Great pics!!! Awesome job!

Tyburn
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
congratulations...I would have made you an extremem juju video if I'd had known in advance :laugh:

Tyburn
08-17-2010, 11:39 PM

sorry...which one is which? Who is red and who is blue :huh:

:laugh:

sender
08-18-2010, 02:24 AM
sorry...which one is which? Who is red and who is blue :huh:

:laugh:

I'm the one... WITHOUT the mohawk haha

Tyburn
08-18-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm the one... WITHOUT the mohawk haha

:blink: Oh I figured you'd be the one with the EXTREME hair doo :laugh:

sender