PDA

View Full Version : Pulver Tattoos (pic)

que
08-14-2010, 08:13 AM
what do they mean?

i see what i think is two giant japanese or chinese goldfish with flowers..

and then some words..

kind of interesting

if anyone has other pictures from other angles please post

http://mmaprime.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/WitMWeighin141.jpg

Play The Man
08-14-2010, 08:35 AM
The volar aspect of the left forearm says "Molon Labe". This was the verbal response of Spartan King Leonidas to the Persian Army demand, at the battle of Thermopylae, that the Spartans throw down their weapons. It means "Come and Take Them".

que
08-14-2010, 10:45 AM
nice, thanks

Tyburn
08-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I know about Molon Labe, thats relatively recent. I do not know what the others mean, but they are all considerably aged now. He doesnt mention it in any of his books, but he did tell me at the dinner table that each of them had a meaning, if not in reality, then a personal meaning to him. This came up when he was talking about how some of the Christians he had got to know had suggested that he get work done to remove the Tattoos, but he said that they meant something, and showed a progression...that he wasnt about to remove them. I understand what he means...but he was getting frustrated in the diction of the narrative, so I never questioned him over specifics

que
08-14-2010, 10:31 PM
i think it would be a good question to ask him again what the specifics mean if you see him again. i have never noticed any of his tattoos until i saw that picture.. i dont know why but it struck me

3dlee
08-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Looks like two koi fish waiting for a worm to pop out of his belly button.

logrus
08-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Koi fish symbolize love and friendship in Japan.

Chuck
08-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Koi fish symbolize love and friendship in Japan.

Yeah but they symbolize "big ugly carp" in America.... :wink:

Llamafighter
08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
in Japanese culture it is believed that koi fish swim up stream and those that make it up the waterfall become dragons. A lot to symbolize overcoming obstacles and perseverance.

Tyburn
08-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Well he did spend time in Pride after holding the LWC, so he will, for a bit have been immersed in that culture :)

To me it looks like a boarder...it looks like something symetrical which should orbit whatever ikon is centred on his solar plexis...except...there is no Tattoo in that region. :laugh: