PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Reid Insults Hispanics

BamaGrits84
08-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Or at least Dr. Manny Alverez. From foxnews.com

Dear Senator Reid, I'm Not Stupid

Today, U.S. Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-NV) ó the person who holds one of the most powerful positions in our government ó a protector of the constitution, of free speech and of tolerance ó called me stupid.

Perhaps he was indicating that Iím mentally challenged or maybe that Iím just uneducated ó Iím not sure. But what I do know is that his comments were a profound insult to me and every other American of Hispanic descent.

During a campaign event in Nevada Tuesday, Reid made an appeal to Latino supporters whose votes he needs for re-election in November, by making this condescending remark:

ďI donít know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican, OK,Ē he said. ďDo I need to say more?Ē

Click here to see Dr. Manny talk about this on America Live with Megyn Kelly

Yes, Sen. Reid, in fact you do need to say more.

Perhaps Sen. Reid should have came out and said what he was getting at rather than making such inflammatory comments ó implying that all American Hispanic voters would be foolish not to conform to a herd mentality for their own good.

I can only assume that the point Sen. Reid was trying to make was that the majority of Latino voters in Nevada would be hurt by a Republican taking office in November because of the GOPís stance on immigration reform.

But perhaps Sen. Reid would be interested to know that the Hispanic community in this country can make their own decisions. A CNN poll conducted in late July showed that 65 percent of all Hispanics questioned want to see tighter security and increased federal law enforcement at the southern border.

With all the recent talk of ethnic profiling since Arizonaís SB 1070 immigration law came into play ó I have to say, that is exactly how Sen. Reid made me feel today.

I highly resent Sen. Reidís remarks for suggesting that I lack the brainpower to make a rational choice, and for deciding for me how my ethnicity should play out politically ó because I am a Republican and I also happen to be of Hispanic descent.

And I happen to know many American Hispanics that are Republicans. They are Republicans that share the strong fundamental values this country was built on. They value family, education, freedom, respect and love for this great nation ó the United States of America.

But I guess I shouldnít be that surprised by the generalizations and stereotyping coming out of Democratic Party and its leadership. Itís quite a familiar theme these days, because it seems that I as a doctor also lack the intelligence to make the right choices for my patients.

If this is the formula for success in fixing a broken health care system, it would stand to reason that Sen. Reid may also believe that I canít be a doctor and be against Obamaís health care reform ó especially me ó since Iím not only a doctor, but a Hispanic doctor at that. By Sen. Reidís calculations, I may as well cut my losses and become a Democrat who practices medicine in federally-funded clinic. OK, OK ó so I have a flare for the dramatic, but I think Iíve made my point. But all sarcasm aside, what hurt me the most about Sen. Reidís ignorant remarks is that he has insulted the memory of my father.

My father was a hardworking man that fled communism in Cuba and arrived in this country in pursuit of the American dream. And part of that dream, were the freedoms and opportunities afforded by an economy built on capitalist ideals. Those ideals allowed a man like my father to build his business on his own terms ó never asking for help ó but always thankful to this great nation. My father was a Republican through-and-through until his dying day. And yes, Mr. Reid, he was also of Hispanic decent.

Hispanic Americans are proud people. They are proud of their heritage, but they are also proud to be citizens of this democracy we call the United States of America. We do not want to be boxed in. We simply want the same respect given to any citizen of this country ó to be viewed through colorblind eyes, and to have diversity of choice free from ethnic bias.

Sadly a lot of democrats play on the mindset of people that the government can protect them from evil republicans that don't want them to succeed when the truth is the democrats are really just offering a free ride in exchange for votes. Democrats what to make voters fell victimized by the "rich" and those who want our morals to match our laws. Instead of offering a hand up they give a hand out. Sen. Reid's very words display the idea that anyone who can be considered a minority (sorry Foxy I know you don't like that word) should be a democrats because they are not capable of making it without the governments handouts. If I were a minority (which I think I am really since I'm a Christian) I'd say screw that and show them I don't need anyone to force me to settle for whatever handouts they can muster from tax payers. I'd make myself better than the level they put me at.

Miss Foxy
08-12-2010, 08:12 PM
I also hate the reference of Hispanic!! Grrrr :punch: It's Latino/Latina.. Ok I am gonna send that jacka** a letter telling him to take his Liberal smack talking and shove it!! lol. Nah I will make my letter professional..:unsure-1:

rockdawg21
08-12-2010, 08:31 PM
El gabacho es estupido. Acuse al gringo mudo! :duh:

Miss Foxy
08-12-2010, 08:38 PM
El gabacho es estupido. Acuse al gringo mudo! :duh:

:laugh:

BamaGrits84
08-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I also hate the reference of Hispanic!! Grrrr :punch: It's Latino/Latina.. Ok I am gonna send that jacka** a letter telling him to take his Liberal smack talking and shove it!! lol. Nah I will make my letter professional..:unsure-1:

Send him one being professional for half of it and then cuss him out in spanish in the other half! And post is on here so we can get a kick out of it.

Miss Foxy
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Send him one being professional for half of it and then cuss him out in spanish in the other half! And post is on here so we can get a kick out of it.

Thats a great idea!!!:scratchchin: I will be sure to call him a pendejo!! I am gonna ask for an acknowledgment letter and written apology addressed to Miss Foxy not Melissa!!:Whistle:

rockdawg21
08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Thats a great idea!!!:scratchchin: I will be sure to call him a pendejo!! I am gonna ask for an acknowledgment letter and written apology addressed to Miss Foxy not Melissa!!:Whistle:

"Astuta de Seniorita" es mas apropriada! :laugh:

NateR
08-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I guess Liberals think that "freedom of choice" only applies when you want to murder an unborn child.

My dad was born in Mexico and became a naturalized citizen at the age of 18. He's been a conservative Republican his entire life and he's definitely in favor of tougher immigration laws. He was a legal immigrant and had to go through the citizenship process, so there is no reason that every other Mexican wanting to live in the US can't do the exact same thing.

flo
08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I guess Liberals think that "freedom of choice" only applies when you want to murder an unborn child.

Well said, Nate.

I think Reid's just making some noise in a desperate attempt to bring his numbers up before he gets kicked out of office in November.

Good riddance.