PDA

View Full Version : pet peeves

BamaGrits84
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I knwo there was an office pet peeves topic once but I figured I'd open it up to all pet peeves.

-Leaving the toilet seat cover on the seat. If you are so worried about germs you use the toilet seat cover do you think the next person that has to go wants to handle paper with your dead butt skin cells on it and pee splash? I think not! :angry:

-Cashiers at the gas stations who talk on the phone while they check you out. You want me to get off to ring me up but you don't want to get off? I don't think so.

-Stores that have awesome sales but little / no stock of the sale item. If a sale starts on a Friday morning and you're out of everything by Friday afternoon you have poor logistics planning.

-Twilight & everything about it.

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 05:12 PM
My pet peeve for the day:

1) Gum chewers who pop it or make any other smacking noise when chewing it. GROSS!

~Amy

Miss Foxy
08-11-2010, 05:31 PM
My co-workers trying to act professional when they don't have one bone in their bodies that could even be somewhat decent!! Pronoucing deductible- "deductabo" or when ending a call telling the member "take care bah bye".... Your kidding me right? OMG!! I'm so annoyed!!
Using words out of context!!! Grrrrr:punch:
I know my grammar sucks on here, because I am always sneaking so I don't have time to correct myself, but best believe I speak clearly!!!

VCURamFan
08-11-2010, 05:39 PM
People that butcher English because they're not intelligent/educated enough to know or care.

Examples

Making up words because they think they sound better - "irregardless"
Assuming that because a word sounds similar, it's interchangeable "This book's entitled . . ."/"This conversation is mute"/etc.
Being too lazy to learn the difference between envious & jealous

I don't know why, but these types of things really piss me off.

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 05:44 PM
People that butcher English because they're not intelligent/educated enough to know or care.

Examples

Assuming that because a word sounds similar, it's interchangeable "This book's entitled . . ."/"This conversation is mute"/etc.

My bf gets really angry at his family for using either run on or incomplete sentences on FB. :laugh: And for either, he says EYEther, not EEther....that cracks me up.

Spelling and grammar bother me if I know the person knows better and they still say it/write it incorrectly. The one that REALLY gets to me is when people say "I could care less." Really? You could? Because I couldn't! :angry: :laugh:

~Amy

Miss Foxy
08-11-2010, 05:50 PM
My bf gets really angry at his family for using either run on or incomplete sentences on FB. :laugh: And for either, he says EYEther, not EEther....that cracks me up.

Spelling and grammar bother me if I know the person knows better and they still say it/write it incorrectly. The one that REALLY gets to me is when people say "I could care less." Really? You could? Because I couldn't! :angry: :laugh:

~Amy

:ashamed: I pronounce it EYEther as well.. lol

Miss Foxy
08-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Examples

When writing not knowing when to use accept or except! Grrrr.. Adding an A to the words when pronouncing things=taquitas...lol..Or mainly my last name it's Villasenor *I can care less if they pronounce it Veal-a-sen-Ohr....but Villasenora.. I was not aware I gained an A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 05:53 PM
:ashamed: I pronounce it EYEther as well.. lol

It sounds very dignified to pronounce it EYEther. I just sound like a Texas girl with my EEther. Every now and then EYEther will slip out now since I've been around him for so long. :laugh:

~Amy

BamaGrits84
08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
My pet peeve for the day:

1) Gum chewers who pop it or make any other smacking noise when chewing it. GROSS!

~Amy

I thought yours would have something to do with dog poop! :laugh:

BamaGrits84
08-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Speaking of Facebook is it just the teenagers in my family / church or do you all get freind request from teens where they have created new profiles a dozen times. And then they update from them all!

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I thought yours would have something to do with dog poop! :laugh:

No, that's more than a pet peeve. :laugh:

~Amy