PDA

View Full Version : How many internet tabs do you have open right now and what are they?

3dlee
08-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm a huge fan of tabbed web browsing as I <3 multitasking. How many internet tabs do you have open right now what are they?
Me, I have 3 open.
2 are this forum and 1 is facebook.

Chuck
08-11-2010, 10:54 AM
2 websites with photos of the Tail of the Dragon, Delta Airlines, Kayak.com, Google Calendar, FLVS, Home Depot, a runners blog, this forum & Google

County Mike
08-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Just this one for the forum. I prefer things simple.

cubsfan47
08-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Depends on the time of day. Early in what is morning for me, just one. It's too early for more.

In the middle of the day if I am online, two; one will be for my discount brokerage account, the other will be for whatever site I am actively visiting.

DonnaMaria
08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
usually three or 4..........

this one, my credit union, a Demi Lovato website and my youngest daughter's facebook page.........

( Corrie and I have to share a computer........the oldest princess has her own laptop! :rolleyes: a gift given by her grandparents)

BamaGrits84
08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
4 - this one, my bank account, a web-based program I use for work, and designerchecks.com

VCURamFan
08-11-2010, 04:30 PM
I always have a ton of tabs open. As soon as I log on here, I immediately click "New Posts" & then open a tab for each unread thread. Then I'll also open new tabs for vids/links/articles/etc. that may be within the article. I also have a bunch of tabs open from Google Reader, mainly various MMA news stories I'm reading or funny pics from Fail Blog.

It's not uncommon for me to have 20+ tabs open at a time.

Chuck
08-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I always have a ton of tabs open. As soon as I log on here, I immediately click "New Posts" & then open a tab for each unread thread. Then I'll also open new tabs for vids/links/articles/etc. that may be within the article. I also have a bunch of tabs open from Google Reader, mainly various MMA news stories I'm reading or funny pics from Fail Blog.

It's not uncommon for me to have 20+ tabs open at a time.

That's how I read the forums too!

What's Google reader?

rockdawg21
08-11-2010, 11:27 PM
1 - this thread.

NateR
08-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I usually keep several tabs open at once, but right now I just have two: this forum and Ebay.

Oh wait, I just opened up another tab to the webmaster email account. I need to check blog comments here soon as well, so I'll probably open up another tab for Wordpress here in a few minutes.:)

Mac
08-12-2010, 12:05 AM
This forum is always my first one opened . Then ill have one open for craigslist to browse the days for sale listings to see if there is any money to be made , then ill have another open for the local online newspaper shelbycountynews.net , ill also have one open that bounces between the local news station for weather and facebook. My email is always open.

VCURamFan
08-12-2010, 03:11 AM
That's how I read the forums too!

What's Google reader?
Google Reader is another app from Google (like Mail, Calendar, Documents, etc., etc., etc.) which basically allows you to subscribe to a website, and GR pulls the articles from that subscription to itself. For example, I subscribe to a bunch of different MMA news sites (MMAFighting, MMAWeekly, CagePotato, WKR, Slumdog, etc.), so each time they post a new article, Google Reader automatically pulls it into one central location. Right now I have 27 unread MMA news articles waiting for me.

I love it. It makes it really easy to keep up with all the info I want to know. Instead of having to remember which sites I have(n't) checked yet, I only need to go to one stop. Plus, you can organize the subscriptions however you like. Right now my folders are MMA News, Twitter, BJJ Blogs, Finances, Funny & Other Sports.

MattHughesRocks
08-12-2010, 03:22 AM
3. MHF.Facebook.Youtube.

Primadawn
08-12-2010, 03:55 AM
3-MHF, Facebook, and Yahoo

J.B.
08-12-2010, 04:18 AM
MHF, Twitter, KTAR.com for Phoenix news, Boxingscene.com, and cinemassacre.com

Silverback
08-12-2010, 04:27 AM
3 MHF, Facebook, AOL