PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU do?

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 07:08 PM
So, I live in a townhouse that is the end unit. Between my house and the next group of townhomes there is a small side yard that we share to access our back yards. The neighbors in that other end unit on that side have 3 dogs. I have one dog. I always pick up after my dog, always. The neighbors NEVER pick up after their 3 dogs and they like to let them use that side yard that we share. I have always known that one day I would step in the poo. Well it happened this morning. I got it all over one of my shoes AND my pants leg. I was livid. Still am. I try to watch where I walk but come on.....there are piles all over now. I had to put out the trash this morning or I wouldn't have even been over there.

I never said anything to the two ladies who live there but I know they realize they should be picking up their dog poo because when I have been outside walking in or out and they are out there, one of them (on two different occasions) told the other to remind her to pick it up after it's dried out more. Gross.

So what would YOU do? I want to challenge the main girl to a duel. Or leave the droppings on their porch for them to deal with. I am afraid if I talk to them at this point, I will still be too angry and we'll all end up hating each other and feuding. :angry: I am so mad that I can't even think about how I'm going to react if I see either lady when I get home after work. The calm, polite thing for me to do would be to buy them a pooper scooper and gift it to them as a nice gesture but I don't want ME to have to spend money for THEM to do the right thing.

~Amy

BamaGrits84
08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
So what would YOU do? I want to challenge the main girl to a duel.
~Amy

:laugh: That's what I would do! And by "main girl" do you mean they are a couple and she's the woman?

Seriously if I had just stepped in it & reacted on the spot I would have thrown every bit of it at their front door. But if I chilled out and then responded I think I would go with th pooper scooper idea. I bet you could find 1 at the dollar tree and just make a joke of it. You know say something about hearing them talking about picking it up & that is how you keep your distance from the nastiness of it.

My neighbors always have company and I mean like 5 extra cars lining the street. i thought it was a dope house when we first moved in. Turns out their friends just have no where better to go. Well I got sick of people parking directly behind my drive way and on both sides of it to where I could barely get out. My brother "accidently" backed into one. :wink:

Miss Foxy
08-10-2010, 07:47 PM
I would approach them and ask them to either pick it up or pay a kid to come pick it up that you all share that space and for sanitary reasons it would be nice if they would bestow the same courtesy that you have. Really no way around it.

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 07:53 PM
:laugh: That's what I would do! And by "main girl" do you mean they are a couple and she's the woman?

Seriously if I had just stepped in it & reacted on the spot I would have thrown every bit of it at their front door. But if I chilled out and then responded I think I would go with th pooper scooper idea. I bet you could find 1 at the dollar tree and just make a joke of it. You know say something about hearing them talking about picking it up & that is how you keep your distance from the nastiness of it.

My neighbors always have company and I mean like 5 extra cars lining the street. i thought it was a dope house when we first moved in. Turns out their friends just have no where better to go. Well I got sick of people parking directly behind my drive way and on both sides of it to where I could barely get out. My brother "accidently" backed into one. :wink:

By "main girl" I mean they are two women and are a couple. One deals more with the dogs than the other. :unsure-1:

I am thinking more of doing the pooper scooper idea or offering to give them bags to use. It's all just because we are going to have to find a way to get along since we are neighbors and that's not changing for a few years.

There are a lot of little things they do that irritate me so this just really set me off. They also have a lot of company and use up all of the visitor spots for parking. EVERY night. And they like to put their extra trash bags in my trash can when I place it out every week. I go to throw my dog poo bag in there on my way out the door to go to work on Tuesday mornings and they have put their trash bags in MY can! :laugh: So weird. All the other neighbors pick up after their dogs and seem to be very normal. It's just these two ladies.

~Amy

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I would approach them and ask them to either pick it up or pay a kid to come pick it up that you all share that space and for sanitary reasons it would be nice if they would bestow

Girl, in my younger days I would have marched over there with the poo pants and told them they are responsible for the dry cleaning and would have demanded that it's all picked up by the time I get home from work today or there would be a complaint against them to the neighborhood association. That's a scary group of people right there. :laugh:

~Amy

BamaGrits84
08-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I am thinking more of doing the pooper scooper idea or offering to give them bags to use. It's all just because we are going to have to find a way to get along since we are neighbors and that's not changing for a few years.
~Amy

Yeah I'm not sure beating up someone you have to see everyday for the next few years will more for very comfrotable living.

Have you ever seen the part in one of Adam sandler's movies where he sets a bag of dog poop on fire on this man's door step, rings the bell, then runs off behind the bushes to see the guy stomp the fire out? That's always an option. :ninja:

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah I'm not sure beating up someone you have to see everyday for the next few years will more for very comfrotable living.

Have you ever seen the part in one of Adam sandler's movies where he sets a bag of dog poop on fire on this man's door step, rings the bell, then runs off behind the bushes to see the guy stomp the fire out? That's always an option. :ninja:

I've known real life people to do that back in Texas. :laugh:

~Amy

Twinsmama
08-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I have known many aholes like this before. it doesn't matter if you try to approach them friendly or w/ a gift kinda as a joke. you will get the same response. they don't care about what you want or they would already be picking it up. you are better off to wait until you are cooled off a little then go over there and tell them what happened. then ask them to please pick up the poop. see how they respond.

next i think you need to start picking up their poo and placing it behind their tires. then when they get home they can step in it. my husband is always telling me to calm down that i am to fiesty but some people have no respect. if he was here he would tell me that wouldn't solve anything. neither way probably will but at least i'd feel better!:laugh:

i also agree the garbage thing is weird. who even does that??

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I have known many aholes like this before. it doesn't matter if you try to approach them friendly or w/ a gift kinda as a joke. you will get the same response. they don't care about what you want or they would already be picking it up. you are better off to wait until you are cooled off a little then go over there and tell them what happened. then ask them to please pick up the poop. see how they respond.

next i think you need to start picking up their poo and placing it behind their tires. then when they get home they can step in it. my husband is always telling me to calm down that i am to fiesty but some people have no respect. if he was here he would tell me that wouldn't solve anything. neither way probably will but at least i'd feel better!:laugh:

i also agree the garbage thing is weird. who even does that??

I'm not sure why they put their garbage in my can each week. They have their own can and they usually wheel it out each week. So???:unsure-1:

I am hoping to embarrass them into acting appropriately. Next step is the neighborhood association who will fine them if they keep it up. I may just go that route anyway without a confrontation first because they wouldn't then be 100% sure of who turned them in. If I talk to them about it beforehand and then turn them in after a couple of weeks with them still doing it, they'll know it was me and may cause a fuss.

~Amy

Blade
08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Store up 6 months worth of it in a wheelbarrow and then go dump it on their doorstep in the middle of the night in a nice mountain, Jurassic Park style.

Twinsmama
08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure why they put their garbage in my can each week. They have their own can and they usually wheel it out each week. So???:unsure-1:

I am hoping to embarrass them into acting appropriately. Next step is the neighborhood association who will fine them if they keep it up. I may just go that route anyway without a confrontation first because they wouldn't then be 100% sure of who turned them in. If I talk to them about it beforehand and then turn them in after a couple of weeks with them still doing it, they'll know it was me and may cause a fuss.

~Amy

They'll probably know it was you anyway. don't you two share a yard? i know i'm not good at this kind of advice. we don't have close neighbors. just the way i like it. i couldn't live somewhere that i had to pick up poop. i also couldn't live somewhere that i would have neighbors like that. i don't deal w/ stupid people well. Actually at work all day i do but when i get home i'm burned out on dumbarses.:laugh:

Twinsmama
08-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Store up 6 months worth of it in a wheelbarrow and then go dump it on their doorstep in the middle of the night in a nice mountain, Jurassic Park style.

:laugh::laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Girl, in my younger days I would have marched over there with the poo pants and told them they are responsible for the dry cleaning and would have demanded that it's all picked up by the time I get home from work today or there would be a complaint against them to the neighborhood association. That's a scary group of people right there. :laugh:

~Amy

True. I can understand. Some of these barbarians nowdays cannot handle anything without being ghetto. Hmm.. This is a hard one =( Just fly me and bamagrits, we can handle it!! lol..

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 08:39 PM
True. I can understand. Some of these barbarians nowdays cannot handle anything without being ghetto. Hmm.. This is a hard one =( Just fly me and bamagrits, we can handle it!! lol..

:laugh: It's sweet that ya'll have my back.

~Amy

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 08:40 PM

I'd love to do just that, except that I may cover one of their cars in it. Or smear it on the inside of the door handles so they get it all over their hands when they open their car door. :laugh: I'm a nurse, I have access to gloves.

~Amy

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 08:41 PM
They'll probably know it was you anyway. don't you two share a yard? i know i'm not good at this kind of advice. we don't have close neighbors. just the way i like it. i couldn't live somewhere that i had to pick up poop. i also couldn't live somewhere that i would have neighbors like that. i don't deal w/ stupid people well. Actually at work all day i do but when i get home i'm burned out on dumbarses.:laugh:

We all share the yard so theoretically it could be several people that complain. They are the only ones who use it as a toilet.

~Amy

Tyburn
08-10-2010, 08:48 PM
:laugh: Call the police :laugh:

Tell them shytes keep turning up on your property and you know they aint yours

:ashamed:

Llamafighter
08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Here's my vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZg6z_O7WPQ

OR you could just write them a letter and put it in their mailbox:rolleyes:

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 09:09 PM
:laugh: Call the police :laugh:

Tell them shytes keep turning up on your property and you know they aint yours

:ashamed:

I'd get a fine for calling the police with that complaint. :unsure-1:

~Amy

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Here's my vote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZg6z_O7WPQ

OR you could just write them a letter and put it in their mailbox:rolleyes:

I'll have to watch this when I finally get to go home from work. :)

~Amy

Llamafighter
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
I'll have to watch this when I finally get to go home from work. :)

~Amy

watch your step :wink:
:laugh:

TexasRN
08-10-2010, 10:09 PM
watch your step :wink:

:rolleyes: Believe me, I will.....

~Amy

Tyburn
08-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I'd get a fine for calling the police with that complaint. :unsure-1:

~Amy

:huh: I thought wasting police time in the United States was perfectly legal :blink: maybe its only in Davenport Iowa...sorry...my bad :ashamed:

In truth, I think you are doing the right thing :)

County Mike
08-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Sling it at their windows.

rearnakedchoke
08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
I would approach them and ask them to either pick it up or pay a kid to come pick it up that you all share that space and for sanitary reasons it would be nice if they would bestow the same courtesy that you have. Really no way around it.

foxy took the words out of my mouth

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2010, 03:15 AM
I didn't read the whole thread Amy ( surprise, I know) but isn't there a management office where you live? I've worked in property management for so long, I've had to call residents for everything, from pick up your dog poop to your neighbor can hear the bed hitting the wall and you screaming at 2:am. Let them handle it if you have someone to.

DonnaMaria
08-11-2010, 03:17 AM

Yeah this is probably your best bet. Sometimes people are really just that thick and they don't "get it" until someone actually complains. Hopefully they will start to "remember" after your talk.

If talking doesn't work THEN you will need to get more creative.

adamt
08-11-2010, 03:17 AM

or just buy a 50 pound bag of horse poop from your garden store

but seriously, don't let them know you are the one complaining or everything that happens bad to them they will blame on you, or if anyone else complains they will assume it is you

you better remain as anonynomous as possible

adamt
08-11-2010, 03:20 AM
or you can do what i did........

get some paintballs

suck the paint out of them with a syringe

refill them with skunk odor

shoot them at anything you feel led to .....um...... odorize

DonnaMaria
08-11-2010, 03:22 AM
or you can do what i did........

get some paintballs

suck the paint out of them with a syringe

refill them with skunk odor

shoot them at anything you feel led to .....um...... odorize

well right there is something..........creative ........for ya!

huan
08-11-2010, 04:03 AM
When I had my first apartment I had an upstairs neighbor that actually picked up after his dog, but somehow found it appropriate to set the baggies along the half wall around my patio. I chuckled the first time, but it gradually got worse. I would come home from work to find 2 or 3 baggies of poop nicely lined up on top of my wall.

I got pretty tired of it, so one day I painted a sign that said "do not place your dog poop here" and fixed it to the corner of my wall. Never happened again... A few neighbors even complemented my awesome drawing of the dog poop with steam wafting off the surface. Art is a powerful catalyst.

flo
08-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Neighbor problems can be a nightmare. I sympathize with you, Amy.

If it was me, I'd try to be as neighborly as possible and use that approach. They may not even be aware that there's a problem (some people are that dense!). I wouldn't go so far as to buy them a pooper scooper but you might say in a friendly way "I hate to pick up the poop too but it would be great if we all dispose of it right away so I don't step in it again. Thanks!" or something to that effect.

It can be horrible trying to deal with neighbors and their problem pets (usually the problem is the pet owner) but I really feel it's much better to start with the friendly, helpful approach. Good luck with it, Amy.

3dlee
08-11-2010, 08:13 AM
This is what you shoud do lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfmS3Pow5-o

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 11:00 AM
I didn't read the whole thread Amy ( surprise, I know) but isn't there a management office where you live? I've worked in property management for so long, I've had to call residents for everything, from pick up your dog poop to your neighbor can hear the bed hitting the wall and you screaming at 2:am. Let them handle it if you have someone to.

No management office. There is a home owner's association that deals with that but they meet and decide and then put out the minutes of the meeting. They can send the two ladies a letter telling them to pick up the poo.

I came home last night from watching "The Other Guys" (very funny) and heard the main one outside on her phone talking about how "She wont' have anything to do with me in public and she won't touch me in bed anymore. She has her side and I have mine" Soooo, maybe they will break up and sell the house? :w00t:

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Well then just go up to them and say " hey, you need to pick up your dogs **** I'm sick of seeing it, smelling it and stepping in it and you need to start right now"

That ought to do it:rolleyes:

No management office. There is a home owner's association that deals with that but they meet and decide and then put out the minutes of the meeting. They can send the two ladies a letter telling them to pick up the poo.

I came home last night from watching "The Other Guys" (very funny) and heard the main one outside on her phone talking about how "She wont' have anything to do with me in public and she won't touch me in bed anymore. She has her side and I have mine" Soooo, maybe they will break up and sell the house? :w00t:

~Amy

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Well then just go up to them and say " hey, you need to pick up your dogs **** I'm sick of seeing it, smelling it and stepping in it and you need to start right now"

That ought to do it:rolleyes:

I went out with the bf last night and when I was walking Henry prior to bedtime, the main lady was outside talking on her cell. I heard her say, "She won't have anything to do with me in public. And she won't let me touch her in bed. She has her side and I have mine." I walked fast to go back inside before I had to hear more. So maybe, just maybe, they'll break up, sell the house and MOVE!!! Or maybe they'll split and divide the dogs!

~Amy

Miss Foxy
08-11-2010, 03:54 PM
I went out with the bf last night and when I was walking Henry prior to bedtime, the main lady was outside talking on her cell. I heard her say, "She won't have anything to do with me in public. And she won't let me touch her in bed. She has her side and I have mine." I walked fast to go back inside before I had to hear more. So maybe, just maybe, they'll break up, sell the house and MOVE!!! Or maybe they'll split and divide the dogs!

~Amy

Ewww and I bet they are hideous looking right?! Barf!!! lol..:scared0011: Yes, hopefully they will move the heck on!!

TexasRN
08-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Ewww and I bet they are hideous looking right?! Barf!!! lol..:scared0011: Yes, hopefully they will move the heck on!!

Yeah, my bf, being a man and all, asked why there couldn't be hot lesbians instead of ugly ones living there. :rolleyes: Dork.

I am hoping they will be forced to sell. It would solve everything! :w00t:

~Amy

County Mike
08-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah, my bf, being a man and all, asked why there couldn't be hot lesbians instead of ugly ones living there. :rolleyes: Dork.

I am hoping they will be forced to sell. It would solve everything! :w00t:

~Amy

I agree. If you're going to have lesbian neighbors, they really should be hot. They should also invite me over to participate once in a while when they get an urge to share a man.

Ugly lesbians = WASTE.