PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust!

Miss Foxy
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/8/1612906/rashad-evans-to-matt-hughes-your
I promise to never support Rashad Evans!! Sorry to him that he is on my bad list...:punch:

flo
08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Rashad could not even defend his belt one time.
:laugh:
He will never get anywhere CLOSE to being the champion Matt is. He can only imagine that in his wildest dreams.

I suppose Evans has to say something to try to keep himself relevant.

flo
08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I guess nipple-pinching is the cool, updated style!

Whatever, Rashad.

Llamafighter
08-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Rashad could not even defend his belt one time.
He will never get anywhere CLOSE to being the champion Matt is. He can only imagine that in his wildest dreams.

I suppose Evans has to say something to try to keep himself relevant.

Matt's on a three fight win streak. How you doing Rashad?

Miss Foxy
08-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Lol exactly Flo!! I know it's not a total bash on Matt, but I take everything personal :laugh:.. I absolutely can't stand when someone with diarrhea of the mouth tries to talk and sound legit.. FAILED Rashad...

logrus
08-09-2010, 07:43 PM
The funny thing is Matt used 2 different stances in his last 2 fights with the same results, he punched the snot out of them. What predictable fight was he actually watching?

Llamafighter
08-09-2010, 07:51 PM
The funny thing is Matt used 2 different stances in his last 2 fights with the same results, he punched the snot out of them. What predictable fight was he actually watching?

:laugh: Great point.

Miss Foxy
08-09-2010, 11:19 PM
"I said that cuz he changes his stance based on how he plans 2 fight.. That's not high level. I think Hughes is a legend & a great fighter but I still think he regressed as a fighter. He gives away his game plan at the Start of every fight.. If he wants 2 wrestle he goes southpaw if he wants 2 stand up he goes conventional stance.. When u do that u limit what u can do & your opponent knows how u plan on attacking.. The name of the game is deception.. But Hughes is a legend if I do half of what he has accomplished I will b happy.. But he is not above being analyzed sorry Hughes fans it's part of the game." Rashad Evans...
So is getting knocked the fudge out Rashad!!:cool:

rearnakedchoke
08-10-2010, 12:01 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8sapMW_W6ok/ShrkMuVT8oI/AAAAAAAABJw/aPtji2ty7O8/s1600/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

Llamafighter
08-10-2010, 01:05 AM
"I said that cuz he changes his stance based on how he plans 2 fight.. That's not high level. I think Hughes is a legend & a great fighter but I still think he regressed as a fighter. He gives away his game plan at the Start of every fight.. If he wants 2 wrestle he goes southpaw if he wants 2 stand up he goes conventional stance.. When u do that u limit what u can do & your opponent knows how u plan on attacking.. The name of the game is deception.. But Hughes is a legend if I do half of what he has accomplished I will b happy.. But he is not above being analyzed sorry Hughes fans it's part of the game." Rashad Evans...
So is getting knocked the fudge out Rashad!!:cool:

It's funny that he knew we were going to get pissed off:laugh:

logrus
08-10-2010, 02:06 AM
It's funny that he knew we were going to get pissed off:laugh:

He probably bet the farm on Matt losing, so the tweet was just an escape from the royal f up he just pulled lol.

J.B.
08-10-2010, 02:29 AM
I don't think Rashad was trying to be malicious or boast his name by bringing up Matt.

It's just an observation, and Rashad is right about deception being a big part of the game, but even Evans knows that only goes so far. He does make it a point to praise Matt at the same time, but it's just a minor gameplan observation that he chose to comment on. I think Rashad's criticism has some merit in what he is saying from a strategic point of view, but he also fails to mention that while deception is a big part of strategy so is making the opponent fight where you are comfortable. Showing a certain stance doesn't always mean it's going to be one way or the other, because it literally takes a half a second to switch your stance.

He's not completely wrong, but he's not really giving a fair view of the whole picture. Still, he is right that Matt is not above being critiqued and at least if he was going to give a criticism he had the respect to give Matt praise. I mean, saying "If I accomplish half of what Matt Hughes has I would be happy" is a pretty good compliment at the same time. Also, if you go read Rashad's twitter you will see that he also gave Matt big props for beating Ricardo when he won on Saturday.

Now, I could post some clips of Chael Sonnen if you guys really want to hear a guy talk and bash Matt just to hear his own voice and make his name relevant. :wink:

Miss Foxy
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think Rashad was trying to be malicious or boast his name by bringing up Matt.

It's just an observation, and Rashad is right about deception being a big part of the game, but even Evans knows that only goes so far. He does make it a point to praise Matt at the same time, but it's just a minor gameplan observation that he chose to comment on. I think Rashad's criticism has some merit in what he is saying from a strategic point of view, but he also fails to mention that while deception is a big part of strategy so is making the opponent fight where you are comfortable. Showing a certain stance doesn't always mean it's going to be one way or the other, because it literally takes a half a second to switch your stance.

He's not completely wrong, but he's not really giving a fair view of the whole picture. Still, he is right that Matt is not above being critiqued and at least if he was going to give a criticism he had the respect to give Matt praise. I mean, saying "If I accomplish half of what Matt Hughes has I would be happy" is a pretty good compliment at the same time. Also, if you go read Rashad's twitter you will see that he also gave Matt big props for beating Ricardo when he won on Saturday.

Now, I could post some clips of Chael Sonnen if you guys really want to hear a guy talk and bash Matt just to hear his own voice and make his name relevant. :wink:
See I beg to differ. That's like a girl saying, " Oh I love her new outfit, but she looks fat and I would look better in it."..... It's one thing to critique, but he rubbed me the wrong way...:talktothehand::bigmouth::mad0233::fighting0 008::fighting0028::fighting0092::thumbsdown::bitin g::censored:

J.B.
08-10-2010, 03:47 PM
See I beg to differ. That's like a girl saying, " Oh I love her new outfit, but she looks fat and I would look better in it."..... It's one thing to critique, but he rubbed me the wrong way...:talktothehand::bigmouth::mad0233::fighting0 008::fighting0028::fighting0092::thumbsdown::bitin g::censored:

I'm not sure guys would equate it to "you look fat in that dress", but I see where you are coming from.

It's a bit of a backhanded compliment to follow up overly harsh criticism with some sort of praise, but my point was that I don't think he was trying to be malicious or trying to boast his own reputation because he is less accomplished than Matt. I just think it was an observation that he failed to word properly or completely think through when he said it. Rashad is right that a lot of it is about deception, but he should also know that just because a fighter shows one stance that suggests a certain gameplan that it doesn't always mean they aren't planning to fool you into thinking that way and then catch you off guard with something else. Especially a crafty veteran like Matt Hughes. Of course fighters generally play to their strengths, but that is also a big part of winning, something else Rashad completely understands. All fighters styles have some sort of tells, just like a poker player, but it don't mean you can't get bluffed and lose all your chips in the blink of an eye.

rockdawg21
08-10-2010, 05:09 PM
http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/RashadEvanspunchface.jpghttp://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/WmHohenzollern/22152_yellow_emoticon_face_sleeping.jpg

Miss Foxy
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Lmao!! Love it!! My Tuesday just got better!!

Tyburn
08-10-2010, 08:51 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8sapMW_W6ok/ShrkMuVT8oI/AAAAAAAABJw/aPtji2ty7O8/s1600/rashad_evans_ufc98.jpg

Couldnt have put it better myself.

MattHughesRocks
08-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Whatever Rashad. No one gives a ****:laugh:

flo
08-11-2010, 05:46 AM
http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/RashadEvanspunchface.jpghttp://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/WmHohenzollern/22152_yellow_emoticon_face_sleeping.jpg

*snickering*

3dlee
08-11-2010, 07:29 AM
That picture of Rashad is hillarious. I do see where Rashad is coming from, but its really kinda dumb. Am I correct in that the 3rd GSP fight was the first to see Matt start fighting southpaw? I can't remember exactly. But if so, then that means in his other fights, Matt stood orthodox and still shot for takedowns. Or I could be wrong all together, somebody please let me know lol.

Either way I think switching stances for certain fights makes total sense. Especially if you think that your opponent is training against you assuming you're fighting in the other stance. Matt can very well win a fight just by picking his stance (which hes VERY effective from either) and completely throwing off his opponent and everything his opponent his opponent has trained for.

In conclusion, Matt rocks and Rashad is dumb. :)

Miss Foxy
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
That picture of Rashad is hillarious. I do see where Rashad is coming from, but its really kinda dumb. Am I correct in that the 3rd GSP fight was the first to see Matt start fighting southpaw? I can't remember exactly. But if so, then that means in his other fights, Matt stood orthodox and still shot for takedowns. Or I could be wrong all together, somebody please let me know lol.

Either way I think switching stances for certain fights makes total sense. Especially if you think that your opponent is training against you assuming you're fighting in the other stance. Matt can very well win a fight just by picking his stance (which hes VERY effective from either) and completely throwing off his opponent and everything his opponent his opponent has trained for.

In conclusion, Matt rocks and Rashad is dumb. :) Not to come off like a witch, but you see where he's coming from? But yet you conclude he is dumb? :wacko:

3dlee
08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Ha, yeah I proofread and found the contradiction but decided to leave it anyway. I guess I should say "I understand his train of thought, but he's incorrect"