PDA

View Full Version : Beer Drinkers

Buzzard
08-09-2010, 06:22 AM
What beer do you usually drink? Lately I've been drinking Yuengling. Was drinking MGD because that's what my gaming friend liked, but that was just blah. Anyone remember Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve ? I still have an unopened 6 pack with bottling number 69 from the late 80's, early 90's.

Play The Man
08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Guinness, Samuel Adams or Red Stripe at restaurants or from the supermarket. If I go to a liquor store or visit a place that offers them, I buy Fat Tire, Old Speckled Hen or Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

Buzzard
08-09-2010, 09:48 AM
The Fat Tire sounds interesting. I'm looking for something new to try. Went to a newish restaurant in town earlier this year and tried 12 different ones I had never tried before. None of them really grabbed me. I'll have to give the ones you listed a try.

J.B.
08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
If it ain't Heineken or water...it ain't worth drinking. :laugh:

J.B.
08-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Guinness

that's like drinking a quart of motor oil....:laugh:

rearnakedchoke
08-09-2010, 01:14 PM
where are all the canadians on this topic?

i am very particular about my beer, so i stick to a few

molson canadian, coors light, carlsberg light, stella, mgd, redstripe, kingfisher, corona, guiness, hoegarden, heineken, we also have a good local brewery sleeman that has some good ones ...

DonnaMaria
08-09-2010, 03:39 PM
i like corona, guiness, hoegarden and blue moon

ice ice ice ice cold!!!!!!!!!

if it isn't ice cold it's :yuck:

Miss Foxy
08-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Coors Light and Modelo...

Play The Man
08-09-2010, 10:39 PM
The Fat Tire sounds interesting. I'm looking for something new to try. Went to a newish restaurant in town earlier this year and tried 12 different ones I had never tried before. None of them really grabbed me. I'll have to give the ones you listed a try.

Fat Tire is probably my favorite. Nothing beats a cold Fat Tire chilled in a Montana trout stream. Unfortunately, it is not distributed across the whole U.S. About ten years ago, I had relatives carry back a few cases when they went on a vacation to Montana. Up until the mid-2000's, it was only in the Rockies and Great Plains. The past few years it has expanded east. I don't think it is available in Virginia.:sad:

Play The Man
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
that's like drinking a quart of motor oil....:laugh:

It reminds me of a chocolate malt. The next time I get some I am going to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and have a Guinness float.:laugh:

Buzzard
08-10-2010, 02:51 AM
Fat Tire is probably my favorite. Nothing beats a cold Fat Tire chilled in a Montana trout stream. Unfortunately, it is not distributed across the whole U.S. About ten years ago, I had relatives carry back a few cases when they went on a vacation to Montana. Up until the mid-2000's, it was only in the Rockies and Great Plains. The past few years it has expanded east. I don't think it is available in Virginia.:sad:

Maybe I'll have to send myself trout fishing in Montana. Which streams serve them?:laugh:

3dlee
08-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Yuengling is good always. They don't sell it in Kentucky, but I live so close to Tennesse that its worth the trip. Thats what I drink if Im grabbing a 12 pack to go to a party. If Im out eating, nothing beats Blue Moon from tap with a slice of orange. Finally, if Im watching the UFC fight at home (ala this past Saturday) I'll go cheap and gets some Pabst Blue Ribbon. I like it and nobody ever asks me for one. lol

3dlee
08-10-2010, 03:35 AM
And I'm very glad that not everyone is saying Bud Light. It's good to know that some people drink a variety.

Spiritwalker
08-10-2010, 04:41 AM
Yuengling or Sam Adams if I have a beer for dinner when out...

Dogfish 90 minute IPA when I am not planning on driving.

matthughesfan21
08-10-2010, 05:15 AM
I'm only 20, so I have no opportunity to participate in this discussion:unsure-1:

Play The Man
08-10-2010, 05:43 AM
Maybe I'll have to send myself trout fishing in Montana. Which streams serve them?:laugh:

I'm sure many streams have them but it is BYOB. Our stream was in the Bob Marshall Wilderness. No roads. We had to ride in on horseback. The beer and wine cases were on the backs of a mule train.:laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-10-2010, 03:24 PM
And I'm very glad that not everyone is saying Bud Light. It's good to know that some people drink a variety.

Bud Light is the worst beer ever.. I hate it!! That and Corona.. Siiiicccckkkk... :sick:

DonnaMaria
08-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Bud Light is the worst beer ever.. I hate it!! That and Corona.. Siiiicccckkkk... :sick:

do you drink it with the lime?!?!? :laugh: you gotta have the LIME!!!!!:laugh:

and ice ice ice ice cold!!!!!!

Miss Foxy
08-10-2010, 03:34 PM
do you drink it with the lime?!?!? :laugh: you gotta have the LIME!!!!!:laugh:

and ice ice ice ice cold!!!!!!

Yes, I hate Corona though.. Gross.. If I am drinking Mexican beer I love Modelo!! Yummy with lemon and a drop of hot sauce its delish!!! I also like Pacifico..

DonnaMaria
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes, I hate Corona though.. Gross.. If I am drinking Mexican beer I love Modelo!! Yummy with lemon and a drop of hot sauce its delish!!! I also like Pacifico..

oh yeah modelo is good. i forgot about that. i don't think i could do the hot sauce though.........

i mostly drink hoegarden now. or blue moon.

actually, who am I kidding, I MOSTLY drink red wine. lol. go figure.:rolleyes:

rockdawg21
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Usually drink:

Miller Lite
Dos Equis

My personal favorites:

Dos Equis (Honestly, any Mexican beer is awesome!)
Red Horse (Only available in the Philippines)

Adia
08-14-2010, 02:27 AM
where are all the canadians on this topic?

i am very particular about my beer, so i stick to a few

molson canadian, coors light, carlsberg light, stella, mgd, redstripe, kingfisher, corona, guiness, hoegarden, heineken, we also have a good local brewery sleeman that has some good ones ...

Are you from Halifax? I was at the Sleeman brewery the other day :)

I'm a Pumphouse Brewery girl myself. The S.O.B (special old bitter), the scotch ale, the blueberry ale, which is divine. Although right now I'm into hubby's Heineken because the Pumphouse closed early lol. It's brewed right down the street and has won a tonne of awards...and my mother always told me to buy local :D