PDA

View Full Version : Roger HUerta stomps out guy in the street (the guy KOed a girl)

Pages : [1] 2

atomdanger
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=06122435-fea9-4358-91eb-330a87db4f24

Guy knocks girl out, Roger goes into action.
Ten points.

Neezar
08-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Roger is an idiot.

Llamafighter
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Roger is an idiot.

I disagree
some guy hits my wife like that and I'm not around...
I hope that Roger is.

Neezar
08-04-2010, 07:21 PM
That didn't make the girl any less knocked out though. :laugh:

And now girl puncher will be the victim. And if he gets a decent attorney then this could be detrimental to Roger's life, career, and family (if he has one). And for what really?

Neezar
08-04-2010, 07:29 PM
If I am the attorney here is what I would point out....

That girl could have been about to stab girl puncher's sister. Or rob his mother. Or...well we just don't know.

And neither does Bad guy Roger who enters the scene and begins to perform an interrogation to locate the said girl puncher. Indicating that he clearly didn't see the offense and doesn't really know the circumstances.

Then you see Bad guy Roger confront said girl puncher. You see girl puncher attempt to run away. The fight happens on down the road a bit so apparently Bad guy Roger pursues his victim even though you hear a person stating that girl puncher is the one who jumps on Bad Guy Roger. It was obviously self defense as Bad Guy Roger was chasing girl puncher.

Vizion
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
What a clown...

The guy committed assault....Roger Huerta's answer to that? COMMIT THE SAME EXACT CRIME - as if that does any good.

Maybe Roger should have banded together with a few other guys and held him till the police came.

Blade
08-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of vigilanteism, I would much rather see that cowardly turd get sparked out by Huerta than arrested and given a slap on the wrist. Good work.

Spiritwalker
08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I gotta admit.. I am "wowed" but people thinking that he didn't do the right thing.

Granted, I haven't seen the fight yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Part of the biggest problem in this country is that people don't get involved.

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
I am not a Huerta fan, but I have no problem with that...That guy deserves to get his a$$ beat...If huerta does nothing, the police come, arrest the guy, he's out in a day or two...Sometimes a little vigilant justice is ok

Llamafighter
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I gotta admit.. I am "wowed" but people thinking that he didn't do the right thing.

let me break down the video for you.
There is some sort of altercation going on and this girl is walking towards it when this big dude clocks her from behind. she drops and the dude backs away as though he knows what's coming next.
Roger enters from the right side of the screen and approaches the guy with his hands in the "What the heck are you doing dude?" position. he's probably asking the guy why he's such a punk. they move off screen left as the cameraman is trying to see what's going on with the girl.
suddenly you hear a guy yelling "Rog Rog no" and a dude runs onscreen from the right and the camera follows him off to where we now see Roger and the big dude both have their shirts off and are in throw down mode.
The yelling dude tries to pull Roger away but decides to instead run back where he came from to get someone else to help.
The girl puncher takes this opportunity to start backing/running away and Roger sprints after him.
Chaos ensues as this is all taking place in the street and cars are moving in and out. The camera man catches up to Roger as his foes lies unconscious on the ground. quick glimpse looks like they catch Roger giving him a soccer kick to the face but it's hard to tell.
There is no way to see if the girl puncher struck first or what Roger did to put him down.
You hear some dude (maybe the camera man) going that dude that just dropped that other dude is a UFC fighter.
at the end we see the girl puncher getting up and being restrained by a group.

Vizion
08-04-2010, 08:16 PM

Watch the video....he did not save the girl's life....he was no where even near her when she was hit.

What he did, was act all tough, and probably wanted to get a hero-award and then acted a fool and made an already bad situation into a worse situation.

This in a sense was vigilantism, but, that's not his job. He should have been arrested as well for assault against the perp.

Vizion
08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh yea, and I missed the "right thing" part too :rolleyes:

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I disagree
some guy hits my wife like that and I'm not around...
I hope that Roger is.

I'm with you. If some man put his hands on me & my husband is not around I'd be thankful to have someone there that would stand up for me.

If the guy he punched sues him in Texas it's won't be the end of his career. After all we're talking about Texas and someone defending a woman. 75% of the male popluation there has probably been raised knowing you never hit a woman and half the judges are good ol' boys who know when someone deserves a butt kickin' as I think this jerk did.

J.B.
08-04-2010, 08:20 PM
That idiot deserved his ass kicked if for no other reason than he was dumb enough to square up with Roger...

I can't believe anybody would try to bash Roger for this.

I don't think he did enough...the a**hole is still breathing.:)

Llamafighter
08-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Watch the video....he did not save the girl's life....he was no where even near her when she was hit.

What he did, was act all tough, and probably wanted to get a hero-award and then acted a fool and made an already bad situation into a worse situation.

This in a sense was vigilantism, but, that's not his job. He should have been arrested as well for assault against the perp.

The man who punched that young woman should have been arrested for attempted murder. that guy was about 230 and could have put that woman in a coma or killed her hitting her like that. (didn't hear the extent of her injuries, yet).she didn't even see it coming. It initially looks like Roger is asking the guy what the hell he was doing. unfortunately we don't hear the interaction.
I'm a little disappointed that the other 50 people that witnessed that incident didn't tackle that guy.
IMO Roger did the right thing. I know law enforcement would frown upon it.

J.B.
08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
The man who punched that young woman should have been arrested for attempted murder. that guy was about 230 and could have put that woman in a coma or killed her hitting her like that.

Exactly.

That dude is a scumbag and Roger did the world a favor.

Maybe that fool thinks twice next time before he acts like a POS and thinks he's friggin D-BO...

I will say this...that didn't happen in Arizona. Somebody would have gotten shot. :laugh:

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I will say this...that didn't happen in Arizona. Somebody would have gotten shot. :laugh:

I'm suprised with all those people someone wasn't honestly. Just because that's become the nature of our world.

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Exactly.

That dude is a scumbag and Roger did the world a favor.

Maybe that fool thinks twice next time before he acts like a POS and thinks he's friggin D-BO...

I will say this...that didn't happen in Arizona. Somebody would have gotten shot. :laugh:He is a coward for hitting a woman to begin with, but to blindside her with a cheap shot, scum of the earth, better off dead

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Kudos to Roger!!!

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
That idiot deserved his ass kicked if for no other reason than he was dumb enough to square up with Roger...

I heart you mucho...

J.B.
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm suprised with all those people someone wasn't honestly. Just because that's become the nature of our world.

A world where people like that get shot doesn't bother me.

However a world where people like that think its okay to punch a girl, AND in front of a ton of people, definitely bothers me.

Blade
08-04-2010, 08:44 PM
I think they should make this tool fight Cyborg and see how much he likes hitting women then :w00t:

Llamafighter
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nwgpedh4o
Here's the youtube of it.
It appears that actually a couple guys are circling the girl puncher and that's why he takes off running.
I'll be interested to hear the whole story.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM

However a world where people like that think its okay to punch a girl, AND in front of a ton of people, definitely bothers me.

Both bother me. I fault our courts greatly for not really punishing violent offenders from a young age. Parents won't teach their children so we as a society are felt depending on our courts who repeatedly allow violent offenders off the hook. I'd guess this man has been in trouble before for fighting and was given probationg and maybe a fine.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I think they should make this tool fight Cyborg and see how much he likes hitting women then :w00t:

Great idea! :w00t:

Spiritwalker
08-04-2010, 08:53 PM
let me break down the video for you.
There is some sort of altercation going on and this girl is walking towards it when this big dude clocks her from behind. she drops and the dude backs away as though he knows what's coming next.
Roger enters from the right side of the screen and approaches the guy with his hands in the "What the heck are you doing dude?" position. he's probably asking the guy why he's such a punk. they move off screen left as the cameraman is trying to see what's going on with the girl.
suddenly you hear a guy yelling "Rog Rog no" and a dude runs onscreen from the right and the camera follows him off to where we now see Roger and the big dude both have their shirts off and are in throw down mode.
The yelling dude tries to pull Roger away but decides to instead run back where he came from to get someone else to help.
The girl puncher takes this opportunity to start backing/running away and Roger sprints after him.
Chaos ensues as this is all taking place in the street and cars are moving in and out. The camera man catches up to Roger as his foes lies unconscious on the ground. quick glimpse looks like they catch Roger giving him a soccer kick to the face but it's hard to tell.
There is no way to see if the girl puncher struck first or what Roger did to put him down.
You hear some dude (maybe the camera man) going that dude that just dropped that other dude is a UFC fighter.
at the end we see the girl puncher getting up and being restrained by a group.

GOOD JOB Roger!!!!!

Unless it's a female fighter or someone with some training.. not the "typical woman".. it's very hard for me to belive the girl puncher was hurt by the girl so bad that he could justify hitting a woman like that .. especially from behind.

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Both bother me. I fault our courts greatly for not really punishing violent offenders from a young age. Parents won't teach their children so we as a society are felt depending on our courts who repeatedly allow violent offenders off the hook. I'd guess this man has been in trouble before for fighting and was given probationg and maybe a fine.

It's not always the parents fault. I have seen personally awesome parents that have a not so awesome child. You can teach, discipline, and love your children however some of em go their own way good or bad.

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Lol!! Gosh Cyborg is so scary!! Eeekkk..:cry:

Spiritwalker
08-04-2010, 08:59 PM
OKOKOKOK.. I saw the video....

I was SOOOOOOOO wrong..

It wasn't a good job at all....

Was pretty freaking lame...

I mean Damn.. Rog.. that too too long....

EXCELLENT JOB Roger. I bet goofball will think twice about punching some woman in the back of the head again.

Nothing she did could have justified that.

I smacked a girlfriend one time.. she broke up with by introducing me to her new boyfriend... but I was like 17 at the time.

MattHughesRocks
08-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I just hope the juice was worth the squeeze for Roger :laugh:

The girl was out of anymore immediate danger as the guy was walking away.Throw in a fighter guy wanting to "defend her honor"...yeah...Roger will be charged with something :punch:

Not saying the guy didn't deserve it for hitting a girl but the laws are the laws.

Blade
08-04-2010, 09:01 PM
It should also be noted that the cameraman needs his ass kicking too for missing all the best bits. :angry:

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
the laws are the laws.

In Arizona it's against the law for a Donkey to sleep in a bath-tub. :laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
This is one of those topics that is up for debate. Well I shall say that I will sleep a little better knowing someone like Roger still exists. If some of the people that think he was wrong were to be in a situation or have a loved one in that situation im sure their thoughts and feelings would change. This guy was a pure punk!! Just humors me at the thought process of saying Roger was wrong for defending a female...:laugh:

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
It's not always the parents fault. I have seen personally awesome parents that have a not so awesome child. You can teach, discipline, and love your children however some of em go their own way good or bad.

Yes you're right. I shouldn't have generalized it to always be a lack of parential direction. I've seen many such a case where parents did all they could for a child and yet the child still ended up with problems.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 09:08 PM

In Wetumpka, AL it's illegal to walk in downtown with an ice cream cone in your back pocket.

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:08 PM
. This guy was a pure punk!! Just humors me at the thought process of saying Roger was wrong for defending a female...:laugh:

That is a funny thought process.

I'm now officially a Roger Huerta fan.

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Yes you're right. I shouldn't have generalized it to always be a lack of parential direction. I've seen many such a case where parents did all they could for a child and yet the child still ended up with problems.

My neighbors :sad: The nicest family ever! They were the ones that took me to church when I was younger. Well lets just say they had 2 sons and one was drugged out :w00t:and I felt so bad seeing them constantly picking him up from jail and sending him to rehab...:sad: The mother was on her deathbed literally pleading for him to sober up, she died and who knows what happened to him..

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:11 PM
In Wetumpka, AL it's illegal to walk in downtown with an ice cream cone in your back pocket.

:laugh:

some of the laws are so hilarious...

really, who would put an ice cream cone in their pocket?

well, I guess somebody did...or did they just come to that conclusion all by themselves?

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I just hope the juice was worth the squeeze for Roger :laugh:

The girl was out of anymore immediate danger as the guy was walking away.Throw in a fighter guy wanting to "defend her honor"...yeah...Roger will be charged with something :punch:

Not saying the guy didn't deserve it for hitting a girl but the laws are the laws.

It depends on the state laws. Roger could argue that he merely confronted the woman hitter and the woman hitter threatened Roger and Roger thought the woman hitter might cause harm to him in which case he can defend himself by usually "reasonable means". Big that the guy had just hit a woman it's more like a good attorney could prove that Roger had a right to fear the man might hit him too once Roger verbally confronted him. Any good attorney could keep Roger out of legal hot water over this one. Especially since Texas has very victim freindly self defense laws.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
My neighbors :sad: The nicest family ever! They were the ones that took me to church when I was younger. Well lets just say they had 2 sons and one was drugged out :w00t:and I felt so bad seeing them constantly picking him up from jail and sending him to rehab...:sad: The mother was on her deathbed literally pleading for him to sober up, she died and who knows what happened to him..

My brother was one of those kids that went bad from a relatively good family. My mom never drank or even cussed. My dad worked himself to death (literally) but the most I ever saw from him was drink 1 beer a day for like a week when his doctor told him to. But my brother grew up and has had serious drug problems.

Twinsmama
08-04-2010, 09:16 PM
in florida you can defend someone if they are not able to defend themselves. if the guy was already walking away though you will get in trouble. you can't punish someone for what they have done only stop them from hurting someone.

however it does make me smile knowing that he was standing up for her. i am now also a roger fan. it makes me angry to know the stupid guy will probably sue him now and make money off this incident. the woman hitter will probably not even get any jail time.

doing the right thing usually is not the best way in the world today.

Maybe we should ask War Machine what they would do to a woman hitter in jail. maybe it'll make his blog next week!

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:20 PM
It depends on the state laws. Roger could argue that he merely confronted the woman hitter and the woman hitter threatened Roger and Roger thought the woman hitter might cause harm to him in which case he can defend himself by usually "reasonable means". Big that the guy had just hit a woman it's more like a good attorney could prove that Roger had a right to fear the man might hit him too once Roger verbally confronted him. Any good attorney could keep Roger out of legal hot water over this one. Especially since Texas has very victim freindly self defense laws.

" JB - E-Attorney " could probably get Roger acquitted in this case.

Just imagine what Johnny Cochran could do...That guy would be paying Roger money for hurting his hands and causing his family hardship because he has to take time off from fighting.

Even if Roger DOES catch an assault beef, so what? Sometimes you just gotta say screw it and do what is right in the moment.

County Mike
08-04-2010, 09:25 PM
I am now a 100% fan of Roger Huerta.

Huge dude sucker punched a girl. He got what he deserved (except he actually deserved a few more head stomps). He was also a LOT bigger than Huerta and at one point acted like he wanted to fight Roger. Then took off running when the crowd gathered. Too bad for him Roger was faster.

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
(except he actually deserved a few more head stomps)

co-signed

MattHughesRocks
08-04-2010, 09:28 PM
True! :laugh:" JB - E-Attorney " could probably get Roger acquitted in this case.

Just imagine what Johnny Cochran could do...That guy would be paying Roger money for hurting his hands and causing his family hardship because he has to take time off from fighting.

Even if Roger DOES catch an assault beef, so what? Sometimes you just gotta say screw it and do what is right in the moment.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Since woman hitting came up I'm going to ask for opinions. I know in advance I may take some heat for this and that's ok.

I have a 5 year old son who is big for his age (like as big as my 8 year old almost) and can be very rough. He once hit a little girl on the play ground so I tore his butt up with a belt. I made it very clear hitting a girl would not be tolerated period.

Well 2 weeks ago I notice a bruise on my son's back and he tells me while he was playing at my softball practice a girl hit him in the back with a bat. Mind you this bruise if there 3 days after he was hit so I assume it was hard. He never told me when it happened. Apparently he picked up a ball and was going to throw it at the girl when my husband saw him and got on to him. Well my son started crying and said "She hit me with the bat." The girl's mom said "Don't start crying now." to my son. Well my husband just let it go and didn't say anything to me either.

This girl is 2 years older than my son and I've had problems with her hitting him before. To make it worse her parents are our friends and she's my step-daughter's cousin. So I've knew the child since she was born and she's a bully. Last week she stabbed her little brother with a fork and broke the skin. And she beats up on my step-daughter all the time.

So I did what is unthinkable. I told my son to hit a girl. :scared0011: I know that's horrible but her parents never discipline her and it's not right for her to think she can bully my son. I mean she hit him with a BAT! And not only did I tell him to hit her, I gave him a lesson on how to fight a girl. you know - pull her hair to get her down and mount her. She's kind of a big girl so... :guilty: I know I'm a horrible person. But this girl is really a bully and she's constantly hurting other kids. I can't completely keep my kids away from her because they've recently started going to our church. I don't want to say anything to the mom because I don't want to jeopordize her coming to church.

I told him not to hit her at church if that makes me look like any less of a POS. Yall I know this all sound horrible but it's not like my son can restain the girl when she tries to hit him. She once grabbed him by the shirt and threw him down a hill. I told her very angrily and loud enough for her parents to hear that she better not ever touch my son again but it didn't get the message across to the kid or her parents.

And I told my older son if he's around and the girl tries to hit his brother or sister then I expect him to restrain the girl and yell for help. I mean seriously the little girl is out of control.

Buc Nasty
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM

In Nasty-Land, I'd still be stomping the fat-:censored:'s face in right now.

Roger's got a new fan here!

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Since woman hitting came up I'm going to ask for opinions. I know in advance I may take some heat for this and that's ok.

I have a 5 year old son who is big for his age (like as big as my 8 year old almost) and can be very rough. He once hit a little girl on the play ground so I tore his butt up with a belt. I made it very clear hitting a girl would not be tolerated period.

Well 2 weeks ago I notice a bruise on my son's back and he tells me while he was playing at my softball practice a girl hit him in the back with a bat. Mind you this bruise if there 3 days after he was hit so I assume it was hard. He never told me when it happened. Apparently he picked up a ball and was going to throw it at the girl when my husband saw him and got on to him. Well my son started crying and said "She hit me with the bat." The girl's mom said "Don't start crying now." to my son. Well my husband just let it go and didn't say anything to me either.

This girl is 2 years older than my son and I've had problems with her hitting him before. To make it worse her parents are our friends and she's my step-daughter's cousin. So I've knew the child since she was born and she's a bully. Last week she stabbed her little brother with a fork and broke the skin. And she beats up on my step-daughter all the time.

So I did what is unthinkable. I told my son to hit a girl. :scared0011: I know that's horrible but her parents never discipline her and it's not right for her to think she can bully my son. I mean she hit him with a BAT! And not only did I tell him to hit her, I gave him a lesson on how to fight a girl. you know - pull her hair to get her down and mount her. She's kind of a big girl so... :guilty: I know I'm a horrible person. But this girl is really a bully and she's constantly hurting other kids. I can't completely keep my kids away from her because they've recently started going to our church. I don't want to say anything to the mom because I don't want to jeopordize her coming to church.

I told him not to hit her at church if that makes me look like any less of a POS. Yall I know this all sound horrible but it's not like my son can restain the girl when she tries to hit him. She once grabbed him by the shirt and threw him down a hill. I told her very angrily and loud enough for her parents to hear that she better not ever touch my son again but it didn't get the message across to the kid or her parents.

And I told my older son if he's around and the girl tries to hit his brother or sister then I expect him to restrain the girl and yell for help. I mean seriously the little girl is out of control.

I don't have no beef with that. It's a tough situation to deal with. I am 100% against hitting girls, but that don't mean you can hit me with a bat...you wouldn't like me very much if you did that. :laugh:

Sounds like that girl will keep some guy in check when she grows up...:laugh:

J.B.
08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
In Nasty-Land, I'd still be stomping the fat-:censored:'s face in right now.

Roger's got a new fan here!

here too! :)

County Mike
08-04-2010, 09:55 PM
It's wrong for a man to hit a girl first.
If it's his only means of self-defense against a very aggressive woman, I'll make an exception.

In kid-world, where the girls tend to be bigger than the boys, same rule doesn't apply. It's OK to hit back. Not OK to hit first.

"I'd never hit a woman, but I'll shake a bitch." - added for amusement.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 10:03 PM
"I'd never hit a woman, but I'll shake a bitch." - added for amusement.

Remind me who said that.

Neezar
08-04-2010, 10:14 PM
This is one of those topics that is up for debate. Well I shall say that I will sleep a little better knowing someone like Roger still exists. If some of the people that think he was wrong were to be in a situation or have a loved one in that situation im sure their thoughts and feelings would change. This guy was a pure punk!! Just humors me at the thought process of saying Roger was wrong for defending a female...:laugh:

I am amazed at the thought process that would lead to that video being viewed in any way as defending a female. She was out cold. The perp wasn't anywhere near that girl when Roger decided to spank the guy.

The was a clear cut case of deciding to carry out a punishment for something perceived as a wrong doing.

Roger = Judge, Jury & Executioner.

Roger does not = Hero saving anyone from harm. (Well unless your argument is that he may be saving some future female. But we can't really know that.)

If Roger pulls the guy off the girl and whoops ass then I am all for that. (Hell I love it that the perp got an ass whoopin'). But was it the right thing to do? No.

Neezar
08-04-2010, 10:16 PM

You can't chase a guy down and then claim that you were scared of him. :laugh:

VCURamFan
08-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Remind me who said that.
Chris Rock

Twinsmama
08-04-2010, 10:18 PM
sorry but i am cracking up at your situation. sometimes it is so hard to explain how kids should act...because they are kids. they do not quite have the mature mind that we do. i don't think i would ever tell my son to hit a girl though. my kids are twins but my boy is bigger than the girl. my girl also isn't allowed to hit him. it's so hard to explain to kids to defend only and not hit back and why the other kid didn't get in trouble for hitting. i would keep my son away from her. there are always bullies. i try and teach my kids to avoid those kids as much as possible. i would even talk to the other parents and ask if they knew her daughter hit him w/ a bat. that's pretty vicious. (i can't imagine the whoopin one of mine would get for that.) i wouldn't care if it ended our friendship. who wants to be friends with someone that thinks hitting your kid w/ a bat is okay?:laugh: It's a tough call because you don't want them to avoid bullies all the time either. i just don't ever believe hitting a girl is okay. i'd rather raise a boy that would take a slap from a girl and walk away that hit back.

side note: yikes a belt for hitting a girl? you dang bama girls don't mess around

County Mike
08-04-2010, 10:24 PM
Related story:

I was at a friends house. The friend has a young boy, 4 years old. An older girl hit him and he hit her back with a pretty good shot. I told him he shouldn't hit girls. His dad corrected me by telling him "You can hit anyone that hits you first.". After giving it a second thought, I agree with the dad.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
i would even talk to the other parents and ask if they knew her daughter hit him w/ a bat. that's pretty vicious. (i can't imagine the whoopin one of mine would get for that.) i wouldn't care if it ended our friendship.

side note: yikes a belt for hitting a girl? you dang bama girls don't mess around

Would you risk it if they have recently started to come to church and you thought confronting them might push them away? I think the sad thing is this girl would never act that way if i was sitting out there and not her mom. She knows better. But she knows her parents let her be a bully. Maybe that's the real sad situation. I'm going to do everything I can to just keep my kids away from her to prevent a bad situation from getting worse.

And a belt? Yeah. My son knew better than to hit a girl. He needs to know lack of selfcontrol does not equal a happy ending in our house. more than anything I wish I could bump into the child's mother because I want her to know my son did not get away with hitting her child. I don't want her to feel like I do about this girl that is bullying my son.

BamaGrits84
08-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Related story:

I was at a friends house. The friend has a young boy, 4 years old. An older girl hit him and he hit her back with a pretty good shot. I told him he shouldn't hit girls. His dad corrected me by telling him "You can hit anyone that hits you first.". After giving it a second thought, I agree with the dad.

Our general rule is no hitting at school or church. If the adult present doesn't do anything about the situation stay away from the other kid until they can tell us. If it happens outside of these places they can defend with equal force (harder for the 5 year old). If they are the one that hits first, they get their butt spanked. Oh and since mom & dad work so hard for your stuff feel free to defend it as necessary to.

timmyja
08-04-2010, 10:39 PM
good for Roger.. He really is a likeable guy. How can anybody think he DIDN'T do the right thing? It looks to me like that asswhippin' couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Worrying about a lawsuit or catching a case should NEVER be allowed to distort somebody's view on right or wrong, and IMO, I think the irony of the little dude beating the holy hell out of the big bully dude is the best part.. WAR ROGER!!! :punch:

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 10:39 PM
I am amazed at the thought process that would lead to that video being viewed in any way as defending a female. She was out cold. The perp wasn't anywhere near that girl when Roger decided to spank the guy.

The was a clear cut case of deciding to carry out a punishment for something perceived as a wrong doing.

Roger = Judge, Jury & Executioner.

Roger does not = Hero saving anyone from harm. (Well unless your argument is that he may be saving some future female. But we can't really know that.)

If Roger pulls the guy off the girl and whoops ass then I am all for that. (Hell I love it that the perp got an ass whoopin'). But was it the right thing to do? No.
Glad we are all amazed. :rolleyes:

flo
08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Bravo for El Matador.

:happy0159:

flo
08-04-2010, 11:00 PM
It should also be noted that the cameraman needs his ass kicking too for missing all the best bits. :angry:

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 11:19 PM
It also helps he's attractive!! lol. I'm just sayin' :happydancing:Bravo for El Matador.

:happy0159:

flo
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
It also helps he's attractive!! lol. I'm just sayin' :happydancing:

Yes, he's a doll!

ufcfan2
08-04-2010, 11:49 PM
Im not a fan of streetfights,but in this situation I give Huerta the big thumbs up...I'm not sure the reason the guy sucker punched the girl and even that was a guy he suckered he still should of gotten a beat down..
Sadthing is he probably would of went back to his homies and bragged about it now he's got nothing to say except he got whipped by a much smaller man :punch:

logrus
08-05-2010, 12:00 AM

It was worse because he blind sided her with a punch. Its bad he hit a girl, but a sucker punch? thats scum bag low.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Frankly Shocked and Appauled.

He wasnt there to defend the woman, and it looked like he was the one challenging the vigilante.

I have no problem with someone defending a woman, which Roger didnt do, and I have no problem with someone defending themselves, which Roger didnt do.

But I do have a problem with someone breaking the law in order to claim vengence.

Two wrongs dont make a right. Niether does it do much to promote the sport, or those people who idolize him, or his claim to be devoutly Christian.

I'm gonna expect a public explaination from him over this, and pretty sharpish, otherwise I dont see how I can support him anymore. I thought he was dumb for saying what he did about the UFC that got him thrown out...I didnt think he was actually the stupid type to get involved in street fights and the likes. Thats just so wrong.

VCURamFan
08-05-2010, 12:12 AM
What can you say? Sometimes, karma's a bitch.

Other times, it's Roger Huerta!! :happydancing:

County Mike
08-05-2010, 12:15 AM

+1

Vizion
08-05-2010, 12:18 AM
He wasnt there to defend the woman, and it looked like he was the one challenging the vigilante.
Exactly....clearly the guy hit her and was moving away from her when Roger stepped in to claim his 15 minutes of fame.

It's amazing how many people condone his unlawful action :rolleyes:

Mac
08-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Huge respect to Roger. Any self respecting man should have done the same thing.

Blade
08-05-2010, 12:24 AM

I have no problem with someone defending a woman, which Roger didnt do, and I have no problem with someone defending themselves, which Roger didnt do.

But I do have a problem with someone breaking the law in order to claim vengence.

Two wrongs dont make a right. Niether does it do much to promote the sport, or those people who idolize him, or his claim to be devoutly Christian.

I'm gonna expect a public explaination from him over this, and pretty sharpish, otherwise I dont see how I can support him anymore. I thought he was dumb for saying what he did about the UFC that got him thrown out...I didnt think he was actually the stupid type to get involved in street fights and the likes. Thats just so wrong.

How would you feel if some juiced up meathead cheapshotted your budgie over the back of the head and ate him!!!! :unsure:

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:36 AM
How would you feel if some juiced up meathead cheapshotted your budgie over the back of the head and ate him!!!! :unsure:

They would die a horrible death in an industrial compactor.

:)

But what significance was the woman to Roger? and...was she killed???

:rolleyes:

Blade
08-05-2010, 12:39 AM
They would die a horrible death in an industrial compactor.

But what significance was the woman to Roger? and...was she killed???

lol Love your answer Dave, that made me laugh :w00t: And I doubt he even knew her but it's called moral outrage.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:48 AM
lol Love your answer Dave, that made me laugh :w00t: And I doubt he even knew her but it's called moral outrage.

:laugh: do you mean Righteous Anger :huh:

oh...and I do have access to an industrial compactor, and I have been trained to use it. (you just bung it in, close the door, and flip the switch ahahahahahahaha)

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Huge respect to Roger. Any self respecting man should have done the same thing with a shot gun.

Was that what you were thinking...even if you didnt type it :laugh:

Blade
08-05-2010, 12:52 AM
:laugh: do you mean Righteous Anger :huh:

oh...and I do have access to an industrial compactor, and I have been trained to use it. (you just bung it in, close the door, and flip the switch ahahahahahahaha)

Yeah that kinda thing. And jeez I'll remember that the next time I feel like winding you up lol :lookaround:

Llamafighter
08-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Huge respect to Roger. Any self respecting man should have done the same thing.

:cool:

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Yeah that kinda thing. And jeez I'll remember that the next time I feel like winding you up lol :lookaround:

dont worry blade, I have bigger fish to fry :tongue0011:

Blade
08-05-2010, 12:58 AM
dont worry blade, I have bigger fish to fry :tongue0011:

How dare you sir :cry: lol

Miss Foxy
08-05-2010, 01:11 AM

LMAO!!! :laugh:I seriously just scared my co-worker I was that loud!!

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 01:12 AM
LMAO!!! :laugh:I seriously just scared my co-worker I was that loud!!

:angry:

Miss Foxy
08-05-2010, 01:13 AM
:angry: Im just ruffling your feathers!!:unsure-1:

Miss Foxy
08-05-2010, 01:16 AM
Exactly....clearly the guy hit her and was moving away from her when Roger stepped in to claim his 15 minutes of fame.

Why is it that anyone with good looks gets low blows like this? My golly!!:wacko:

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Im just ruffling your feathers!!:unsure-1:

:laugh::rolleyes::laugh::rolleyes::laugh:

Primadawn
08-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I was already a Huerta fan, but this sure didn't hurt.

And for the detractors...I see what you're saying...but sometimes the "right" thing to do...and the "legal" thing to do...just aren't the same thing!

Vizion
08-05-2010, 01:36 AM
I was already a Huerta fan, but this sure didn't hurt.

And for the detractors...I see what you're saying...but sometimes the "right" thing to do...and the "legal" thing to do...just aren't the same thing! What was RIGHT about his actions?

Were they legal? No.

Were they necessary? No.

Who's life did he save? N/A

What favors did he do anyone in his action? N/A

How was his life endangered by the offender? N/A

So that leaves me to wonder, what exactly did he think he was doing?

What was the correct form of action? Wait for the police to arrive. Let them do THEIR JOB. Roger Huerta at the very most should have attempted to restrain him, but clearly, with his shirt taken off he was itching for revenge that wasn't his to take.

County Mike
08-05-2010, 01:40 AM
What was RIGHT about his actions?

Were they legal? No.

Were they necessary? No.

What was the correct form of action? Wait for the police to arrive. Let them do THEIR JOB. Roger Huerta at the very most should have attempted to restrain him, but clearly, with his shirt taken off he was itching for revenge that wasn't his to take.

He didn't save her from further harm. What he did was dish out some immediate JUSTICE. Many of us, who see criminals go unpunished far too often, can appreciate that. Pretty simple really.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 01:46 AM
He didn't save her from further harm. What he did was dish out some immediate JUSTICE. Many of us, who see criminals go unpunished far too often, can appreciate that. Pretty simple really.Oh ok...so you're saying the offender was unpunished...well, yea makes sense, the police hadn't ARRIVED yet :rolleyes:

I'm sure with the video taped evidence taken plus a multitude of eyewitnesses the offender would have been convicted for his crime.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:06 AM
It really is hilarious to see people bashing Roger for beating up a guy who just knocked out a girl.

Llamafighter
08-05-2010, 02:10 AM

Were they legal? No.

Were they necessary? No.

would the police have really made the d-bag understand that he had done something wrong?
The guy obviously did not know right from wrong and enjoyed getting his point across by inflicting physical harm, so it looks like Roger was just translating for him.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:13 AM

Were they legal? No.

Were they necessary? No.

Didn't you see the guy squaring up with Roger?

When you know you are in a situation where you may get in a fight, it's always best to take off your shirt. Shirts just get ripped or pulled over your eyes and give the enemy something to hold on to.

As for doing anybody a favor...I think he did society a favor. It's too bad he didn't beat him some more.

It's so funny when people get on a high horse about "the law" but lose sight of the reality right before their eyes. The guy was a scumbag and he deserved it. Roger did a GOOD thing.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:18 AM
would the police have really made the d-bag understand that he had done something wrong? So you are suggesting that Roger made him "feel sorry"? Puh-leese :laugh: Don't do the cops or the judicial system any favors...they don't need our help. This was an open and shut case.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:20 AM
Didn't you see the guy squaring up with Roger?

When you know you are in a situation where you may get in a fight, it's always best to take off your shirt. Shirts just get ripped or pulled over your eyes and give the enemy something to hold on to. The guy was squaring up for a fight that Roger must have started at that point.

I admit the guy was in the wrong, but as Dave pointed out, two wrongs don't make a right.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:26 AM
The guy was squaring up for a fight that Roger must have started at that point.

I admit the guy was in the wrong, but as Dave pointed out, two wrongs don't make a right.

What makes you think Roger started it? How do you KNOW that?

The guy had no problem blasting a girl like that, why wouldn't he try to fight a guy who was approaching him immediately after that happened?

Saying "two wrongs don't make a right" is about as generic of a response as it could possibly get. It's clear as day. The guy was a scumbag who got what he deserved. I am seriously shocked that ANYBODY would criticize Roger for this.

Also, for you to say he was out for 15 minutes of fame is ridiculous. The guy has fought in the UFC and been in movies. He doesn't need to pick fights in the street to get attention. :rolleyes:

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 02:30 AM

This. How could anybody possibly bash Roger for what he did? A guy hits a woman, he deserves to have his ass kicked. Good for Roger.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:32 AM
So you are suggesting that Roger made him "feel sorry"? Puh-leese :laugh: Don't do the cops or the judicial system any favors...they don't need our help. This was an open and shut case.

I bet the guy was drunk, and by the looks of him after Roger beat him down, I am willing to bet he was sorry when he woke up the next day.

How can you say the cops don't need our help? The cops only exist because of the general public helping them out.

I also love how you say he should have "restrained" him...:rolleyes:

As if that guy was gonna let that happen without a fight...

Roger DID do the cops a favor, because that douchebag wasn't able to run away after getting beat down.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Dana White agrees with Roger's decision:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ufc-president-dana-white-roger-huerta-street-fight-parking-lot-brawl-video-statement/

UFC Prez on Street Fight -- The Other Guy 'Deserved' It

8/4/2010 1:55 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

UFC President Dana White thinks the guy who got his face rearranged by MMA fighter Roger Huerta in a bloody street brawl deserved "to be knocked the f*ck out" -- because it ain't right to hit a lady.

Dana tells TMZ, "In no way do I condone street fighting, but when a guy puts his hands on a woman he deserves to be knocked the f*ck out. Good for Roger."

As TMZ first reported, Huerta beat the crap out of some dude in Austin, Texas last weekend during a street brawl -- after the guy appeared to sucker punch some girl in the back of the head.

Roger Huerta - Street FightSo far no arrests have been made.

MattHughesRocks
08-05-2010, 02:33 AM
I think some of us are thinking about what's "right" and some, such as myself, are thinking about the legalities of it all.I don't think anyone here thinks that it's ok for some dude to go and clock some chick.

flo
08-05-2010, 02:35 AM

Post of the month!

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Dana White agrees with Roger's decision:

http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/04/ufc-president-dana-white-roger-huerta-street-fight-parking-lot-brawl-video-statement/

I think 99.9% of men in America agree with Roger.

If he gets an assault beef you can bet that the UFC will send the best lawyers in and rip the prosecution a new rectum.

I'm glad Dana came out and backed Roger.

flo
08-05-2010, 02:38 AM
He didn't save her from further harm. What he did was dish out some immediate JUSTICE. Many of us, who see criminals go unpunished far too often, can appreciate that. Pretty simple really.

There goes Mike, making sense again.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:38 AM
What makes you think Roger started it? How do you KNOW that? He followed him, looking fit to be tied and in all likelihood provoked the guy into a fight.

Saying "two wrongs don't make a right" is about as generic of a response as it could possibly get. It's clear as day. The guy was a scumbag who got what he deserved. I am seriously shocked that ANYBODY would criticize Roger for this. My God loves that "scumbag" too. And no "two wrongs don't make a right" is perfectly suited for this occasion. Again, there exists zero evidence to demonstrate that Roger was defending the girl, acting a hero role, or abiding by the law. Then say his actions were righteouss.

Let the police to their job. If Roger was sticking up for her during a scuffle I'd be all in favor of it...but he wasn't, he was being cavalier and we have laws against taking the law into your own hands.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:39 AM
I think some of us are thinking about what's "right" and some, such as myself, are thinking about the legalities of it all.I don't think anyone here thinks that it's ok for some dude to go and clock some chick.

Of course. I doubt anybody around here thinks that it was okay to punch a girl...

but...

SCREW the legalities...If I see something like that happen, all that crap goes out the window, and if I think the guy can kick my ass, then I'm grabbing the nearest blunt object and smashing it over his skull.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 02:40 AM
Too bad, just think of what Roger would have done to Chris Brown.

Vizion

If he gets an assault beef you can bet that the UFC will send the best lawyers in and rip the prosecution a new rectum.

I'm glad Dana came out and backed Roger.You cite Dana's opinion in the matter as if it really even matters. Dana is not the law, nor is he above the law.

Roger neither, FYI :laugh:

rockdawg21
Of course. I doubt anybody around here thinks that it was okay to punch a girl...

but...

SCREW the legalities...If I see something like that happen, all that crap goes out the window, and if I think the guy can kick my ass, then I'm grabbing the nearest blunt object and smashing it over his skull.
EXACTLY!

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:42 AM
He followed him, looking fit to be tied and in all likelihood provoked the guy into a fight.

My God loves that "scumbag" too. And no "two wrongs don't make a right" is perfectly suited for this occasion. Again, there exists zero evidence to demonstrate that Roger was defending the girl, acting a hero role, or abiding by the law. Then say his actions were righteouss.

Let the police to their job. If Roger was sticking up for her during a scuffle I'd be all in favor of it...but he wasn't, he was being cavalier and we have laws against taking the law into your own hands.

What does God loving him have to with this?

God also teaches us lessons, does he not?

You don't KNOW that Roger picked a fight, you are assuming that to fit into your overly harsh criticism.

and YES, that guy is a SCUMBAG

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:43 AM
SCREW the legalities...If I see something like that happen, all that crap goes out the window, and if I think the guy can kick my ass, then I'm grabbing the nearest blunt object and smashing it over his skull.Then prepare to suffer the consequences you would deserve for breaking the law. Are you OK with that when they throw your a$$ in the slammer?? Think about it. Is it worth it? You could be charged with a felony, lose your job, never be hired for a job again...all because you stepped in AFTER THE FACT to play Charles Bronson.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:44 AM
You cite Dana's opinion in the matter as if it really even matters. Dana is not the law, nor is he above the law.

Roger neither, FYI :laugh:

Money talks my friend...

If Dana sends the UFC lawyers to represent him, Roger will walk so fast it will make your head spin.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:48 AM
Then prepare to suffer the consequences you would deserve for breaking the law. Are you OK with that when they throw your a$$ in the slammer?? Think about it. Is it worth it? You could be charged with a felony, lose your job, never be hired for a job again...all because you stepped in AFTER THE FACT to play Charles Bronson.

I'm sorry, but sometimes you gotta have a set of balls.

Anybody who stands by and does nothing in that situation is weak in my opinion.

Thats part of the problem in this world...too many people just stand by and do nothing.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:48 AM
What does God loving him have to with this? Because your opinion means nothing, while God' WORD means everything. And Matthew said “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother". And Samuel also says "May you be blessed for your good judgment and for keeping me from bloodshed this day and from avenging myself with my own hands".

God also teaches us lessons, does he not? God did not send Roger to be his avenging angel here.

You don't KNOW that Roger picked a fight, you are assuming that to fit into your overly harsh criticism. You are presuming he didn't then? When in fact, he walked away from Roger, whilst Roger walked toward him. Maybe it was the guy defending himself, in fact.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 02:51 AM
God did not send Roger to be his avenging angel here.
Maybe He did, maybe He didn't. God commanded people in the Bible. Maybe he did just that here, you don't know that. At least, Roger may have been there for a reason, and a good reason at that.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm sorry, but sometimes you gotta have a set of balls.

Anybody who stands by and does nothing in that situation is weak in my opinion.

Thats part of the problem in this world...too many people just stand by and do nothing.
I'd agree....IF Roger was sticking up for the girl DURING her beating. But I again, I digress to the law...let the hand of the law meet out its justice.

Roger is no hero to me, not saying he's a bad guy, or even meant anything bad, but he is no hero as he served only to instigate more problems.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:52 AM
Maybe He did, maybe He didn't. God commanded people in the Bible. Maybe he did just that here, you don't know that. That's what you want to believe :laugh: One thing is for certain, He did allow Roger to beat him up. That doesn't mean He condoned it. Why would God contradict His own Word?

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 02:53 AM
If I am the attorney here is what I would point out....

That girl could have been about to stab girl puncher's sister. Or rob his mother. Or...well we just don't know.

And neither does Bad guy Roger who enters the scene and begins to perform an interrogation to locate the said girl puncher. Indicating that he clearly didn't see the offense and doesn't really know the circumstances.

Then you see Bad guy Roger confront said girl puncher. You see girl puncher attempt to run away. The fight happens on down the road a bit so apparently Bad guy Roger pursues his victim even though you hear a person stating that girl puncher is the one who jumps on Bad Guy Roger. It was obviously self defense as Bad Guy Roger was chasing girl puncher.

the "puncher" walks up from behind while the girl is clearly just standing there lol, how on earth would you say the girl was about to stab somebody?

Roger saw it, was just standing out of the frame.

County Mike
08-05-2010, 02:53 AM
Oh ok...so you're saying the offender was unpunished...well, yea makes sense, the police hadn't ARRIVED yet :rolleyes:

I'm sure with the video taped evidence taken plus a multitude of eyewitnesses the offender would have been convicted for his crime.

If you're really SURE about that, you obviously haven't paid much attention to our legal system. Most likely, he would have received a "slap on the wrist" punishment. I'm much more satisfied with the Huerta beatdown. Even if the dude doesn't get anything additional from the law.

I get the impression that you're either full of crap (pretending to be all high and mighty) or you the biggest sissy I've ever heard of. No self-respecting person could be honestly outraged that the dude got a beatdown for what he did. Instant justice is the best justice.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Because your opinion means nothing, while God' WORD means everything. And Matthew said “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother". And Samuel also says "May you be blessed for your good judgment and for keeping me from bloodshed this day and from avenging myself with my own hands".

You are presuming he didn't then? When in fact, he walked away from Roger, whilst Roger walked toward him. Maybe it was the guy defending himself, in fact.

Your opinion doesn't mean anything either, but guess what? It's a discussion forum where people share OPINIONS.

It's kinda silly for you to assume that you know what God's plan is. I never said God DID send Roger, I just said that God teaches us lessons and that very well could have been the case here. You don't know and neither do I.

Okay, I'm about done with this one...it's obvious what most people think here.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:56 AM
I'd agree....IF Roger was sticking up for the girl DURING her beating. But I again, I digress to the law...let the hand of the law meet out its justice.

Roger is no hero to me, not saying he's a bad guy, or even meant anything bad, but he is no hero as he served only to instigate more problems.

Semantics....

You just don't get it brother. It's all good. :wink:

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 02:56 AM
1. If you watch a guy hit a girl in the face and do nothing, you're a bitch.
2. For Roger to get in ANY trouble, the guy would also get in trouble for hitting that girl.
3. What jury in Texas is going to prosecute a guy for punching a guy that just KOed a girl?
4. I am completely confused by some people, maybe its how I was raised, but if I see a girl get hit by a man I go into complete instinct mode and attack.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:00 AM

Bingo

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 03:00 AM

Were they legal? No.

Were they necessary? No.

I feel sorry for any women in your life (If you're a guy).
If somebody punched your mom/sister/wife you would stand there?
Call 911? Wow....

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:01 AM
If you're really SURE about that, you obviously haven't paid much attention to our legal system. Most likely, he would have received a "slap on the wrist" punishment. I'm much more satisfied with the Huerta beatdown. Even if the dude doesn't get anything additional from the law. Who knows what justice he would have received, you have only assumptions at this point.

I get the impression that you're either full of crap (pretending to be all high and mighty) or you the biggest sissy I've ever heard of. No self-respecting person could be honestly outraged that the dude got a beatdown for what he did. Instant justice is the best justice. What that punk did to that girl made me angry as you. But adding fuel to the fire and USURPING the law is not at all the answer.

I like instant justice too...but, that isn't the case here. If we allowed for vigilantism like this as a standard we would invite anarchy to the streets.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:02 AM
I feel sorry for any women in your life (If you're a guy).
If somebody punched your mom/sister/wife you would stand there?
Call 911? Wow.... There is a difference between someone's own kin and a stranger and no I wouldn't stand there so keep your pity to yourself.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 03:04 AM
"A righteous man who falters before the wicked is like a murky spring and a polluted well." - Proverbs 25:26

"Rescue the weak and needy, deliver them from the hand of the wicked." - Psalm 82:4

I'd say this describes Roger very well:
"It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them." - Isaiah 19:20

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:04 AM
Semantics....

You just don't get it brother. It's all good. :wink:It's not about semantics JB, you clearly are missing the whole point.

Where is your scripture by the way? :Whistle:

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 03:06 AM
There is a difference between someone's own kin and a stranger and no I wouldn't stand there so keep your pity to yourself.
You keep throwing God into the equation here, so if we're ALL family of God and one of those members are harmed, is it not your duty to defend that person from evil?

Just as I typed:
"A righteous man who falters before the wicked is like a murky spring and a polluted well." - Proverbs 25:26

"Rescue the weak and needy, deliver them from the hand of the wicked." - Psalm 82:4

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:07 AM
"A righteous man who falters before the wicked is like a murky spring and a polluted well." - Proverbs 25:26 It's about semantics man :laugh:

"Rescue the weak and needy, deliver them from the hand of the wicked." - Psalm 82:4 WHO DID HE RESCUE?

"It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them." - Isaiah 19:20:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You take one word from a verse, "savior" and apply to Roger :rolleyes:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:07 AM
There is a difference between someone's own kin and a stranger and no I wouldn't stand there so keep your pity to yourself.

Yes, there is a difference, and if it's any consolation, I don't think you would just stand there.

I think you would probably rage like any other guy.

Still, just because it's a stranger don't mean it should be ignored. A guy should never hit a woman, and anybody who is bold enough to do that in public absolutely deserves to have somebody come up and beat the snot out of him. I don't care if it's after the fact or not. It's not like it happened and Roger beat him up a week later, it had JUST happened.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 03:08 AM
It's about semantics man :laugh:

WHO DID HE RESCUE?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You take one word from a verse, "savior" and apply to Roger :rolleyes:
I'm convinced, you just want to argue. :laugh:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:11 AM
It's not about semantics JB, you clearly are missing the whole point.

Where is your scripture by the way? :Whistle:

Why do I need to post scripture?

Your point is weak and nobody agrees with it. When you say it would have only been acceptable had the guy STILL been beating the girl up IS semantics. It all happened in the matter of a couple minutes and emotions were clearly running high.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:13 AM
I'm convinced, you just want to argue. :laugh:
I stand my ground, let it be known :laugh:

I also understand where you are all coming from, and in reality, I'm not sure I wouldn't do the same thing he did. Just know that there is a slippery slope there and often times problems are exacerbated out of impulse.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:19 AM
I also understand where you are all coming from, and in reality, I'm not sure I wouldn't do the same thing he did. Just know that there is a slippery slope there and often times problems are exacerbated out of impulse.

I think we all know that, and yeah it can definitely create more problems, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do... know what I'm sayin?

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Why do I need to post scripture?

Your point is weak and nobody agrees with it. When you say it would have only been acceptable had the guy STILL been beating the girl up IS semantics. It all happened in the matter of a couple minutes and emotions were clearly running high.

What nobody agrees with, is that the law should be followed, period. That is why it is wise to check your impulse and rage at the door before you act. Anyone who calls you a bitch for that is the bitch for that :laugh:

And scripture verses make a better case for an argument than anyone's opinion. When Christians proclaim righteousness was done then I ask they proof-text me said righteousness.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:22 AM
I think we all know that, and yeah it can definitely create more problems, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do... know what I'm sayin?

:)Yea. I still think he was wrong, but I'm sure he meant well in his actions.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:28 AM
What nobody agrees with, is that the law should be followed, period. That is why it is wise to check your impulse and rage at the door before you act. Anyone who calls you a bitch for that is the bitch for that :laugh:

And scripture verses make a better case for an argument than anyone's opinion. When Christians proclaim righteousness was done then I ask they proof-text me said righteousness.

No, what people don't agree with is you criticizing Roger for beating up a guy who just sucker punched and knocked out a girl in the street.

You just said yourself that you don't know if you wouldn't do the same thing Roger did. Rather than dangling the law over everybody's head, why not just accept the fact that the guy got what he deserved and move on?

Scripture may make a case better, but it's also open to a wide amount of interpretation and thus it also has opinions attached. My Bible is 5 feet away from me, but I don't feel the need to open it every time I make a point.

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 03:36 AM

Oh? So you would protect your own wife but not some person you didn't know?
That's pathetic.

Primadawn
08-05-2010, 03:37 AM
I wonder if this whole conversation would be any different if this video was of Matt Hughes doing the exact same thing...

I'm a betting gal...and I'm betting people will SAY it wouldn't...but I bet it would...

Not trying to start anything...just something that popped into my head as I was reading these posts.

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 03:38 AM
I wonder if this whole conversation would be any different if this video was of Matt Hughes doing the exact same thing...

I'm a betting gal...and I'm betting people will SAY it wouldn't...but I bet it would...

Not trying to start anything...just something that popped into my head as I was reading these posts.

Interesting point, I stand pretty firm on anybody who abuses women and children.

If you punch a lady in front of me, you're getting punched, period.
If two dudes fight at the bar, whatever.

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 03:43 AM

lol, you're a riot.
But seriously, a coward.

Your logic is basically the "Mind your own business" thinking.
the "don't get involved" thinking.

Its lame, its weak, and its sad you're defending it.
Hopefully your wife/sister/mother is never attacked with a group of guys standing around just watching.
Then you would be screaming, why didn't somebody do something?

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
I don't think we need to stone Vizion here...

I disagree with his criticism of Roger, but I understand the point he is trying to make.

bradwright
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
The guy sucker punches a girl from behind and knocks her out....Roger comes along and kicks the guy's ass....sorry,but i just dont see where the problem is here.

adamt
08-05-2010, 03:51 AM

with all due respect....

i highly doubt matt would be out at 2 in the morning in that kind of atmosphere, and by that kind of atmosphere i mean in front of a bar with a bunch of drunks in the name of "fun"

this event obviously didn't occur with a bunch of family men who had to be up at six or seven oclock the next morning

i bet nothing happens to roger for fear of public backlash

i bet roger is back in the ufc in six months with alot more fans

i bet if matt did this instead of gaining respect like roger did, he would lose respect, for a.)being in that situation b.) i think matt would not have had to get physical with the guy, because matt is scarier and more recognizable than roger, and matt i think would have made the guy feel like two inches tall before he put the beat down on him, and matt would have waited for the guy to give him a legal reason before beating him down and then we wouldn't be discussing this

i also bet there is something to this story we don't know, like the girl was really a guy, or that isn't roger, or something

adamt
08-05-2010, 03:57 AM
I don't think we need to stone Vizion here...

I disagree with his criticism of Roger, but I understand the point he is trying to make.

i do too, but it is hard not to cheer for roger, though as a christian i don't want to

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 03:59 AM
with all due respect....

i highly doubt matt would be out at 2 in the morning in that kind of atmosphere, and by that kind of atmosphere i mean in front of a bar with a bunch of drunks in the name of "fun"

this event obviously didn't occur with a bunch of family men who had to be up at six or seven oclock the next morning

i bet nothing happens to roger for fear of public backlash

i bet roger is back in the ufc in six months with alot more fans

i bet if matt did this instead of gaining respect like roger did, he would lose respect, for a.)being in that situation b.) i think matt would not have had to get physical with the guy, because matt is scarier and more recognizable than roger, and matt i think would have made the guy feel like two inches tall before he put the beat down on him, and matt would have waited for the guy to give him a legal reason before beating him down and then we wouldn't be discussing this

i also bet there is something to this story we don't know, like the girl was really a guy, or that isn't roger, or something
LOL, are you sure?

In Matt's own autobiography:

“I looked over and Chuck Liddell was with his back against the wall, knocking people out that were trying to go after him.

“Then I looked over and there’s Tito directly past me, taking his coat off, going after Lee Murray, and Lee Murray’s backing up the alley taking his jacket off.

“Both their jackets come off, and Tito throws a left hook at Lee Murray and misses, and right as he missed, Lee Murray counters with, like, a five-punch combo, landed right on the chin, and knocked Tito out. OUT.

“Tito fell face-first down to the ground, and then Lee Murray stomped him on the face a couple of times with his boots.

“Then Tony Fryklund and I grabbed Lee and pushed Lee and said ‘Get out of here!’ And Lee said ‘I’m sorry, I’ll see you later,’ and took off. And Tony Fryklund helped Tito to his feet.

“Then these English Bobbies showed up and they were threatening to spray the entire crowd with huge canisters of mace. ‘You think you’ve got problems now?’ I said. ‘You spray this entire group of fighters with mace and we’ll all be in a heap of trouble.’

“So I talked the police out of doing that. And then Tony and I got a cab and we headed back here.”

“That’s insane, Pat.” I said.

“Long story short, Matt: I’m ready to get on that plane, pronto.”

Granted, this doesn't say "I was at a bar at 2am" but it sure sounds that way!

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

Other times, it's Roger Huerta!!

+1

+2

VCURamFan
08-05-2010, 04:00 AM
Here's my opinion. It may have already been said by someone else, but I'm too lazy to read this whole thread post by post, so deal with it! :laugh:

I fully support Roger's reaction. The fact that he quickly and decisively acted to protect another human being (gender irrelevant) who was not in a position to protect themselves is heroic.

But I don't think anyone here would argue otherwise. The contention is whether or not he took things too far once he committed himself to action. Again, in a "street justice" type situation, I fully support what Roger did. Problem is that we're not in a street justice situation. There were other options available to him. He could have taken the guy down & submitted him. He could have just run the guy to exhaustion. He could have leg kicked him to the point he couldn't run anymore. He could have made a citizen's arrest. There were multiple legal paths available to him.

Morally, I have no qualms with what he did. However, I wish he had been a little wiser legally.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:01 AM

Unlawful doesn't always mean it's wrong.

And if you think that this beat down gives him his 15 minutes of fame.. you need to watch more MMA.. or at least male models.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:03 AM

I seriously doubt that he will lose a lot of sleep over that one.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Here's my opinion. It may have already been said by someone else, but I'm too lazy to read this whole thread post by post, so deal with it! :laugh:

I fully support Roger's reaction. The fact that he quickly and decisively acted to protect another human being (gender irrelevant) who was not in a position to protect themselves is heroic.

But I don't think anyone here would argue otherwise. The contention is whether or not he took things too far once he committed himself to action. Again, in a "street justice" type situation, I fully support what Roger did. Problem is that we're not in a street justice situation. There were other options available to him. He could have taken the guy down & submitted him. He could have just run the guy to exhaustion. He could have leg kicked him to the point he couldn't run anymore. He could have made a citizen's arrest. There were multiple legal paths available to him.

Morally, I have no qualms with what he did. However, I wish he had been a little wiser legally.

Leg kicks? Submitted him? :laugh:

Those things don't really work in a street fight. I mean, sure, he could have ripped his arm off or choked him out, but thats just as illegal as punching and kicking.

I know he could have made a citizens arrest or detained the guy, but it's not like that guy would have just let him do it without a fight. That guy was the one who was in a violent fit and ready to fight, Roger just reacted. Plus, once the guy was ready to fight Roger, I doubt the guy was gonna back off, so even if Roger had just walked away it's likely that the guy would have attacked him too....(clearly that guy had no idea who he was messing with)

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:13 AM

Pretty much EVERYTHING... at least he didn't sucker punch him like the guy did to the girl.

Were they legal? No.

Some of the best acts committed in the history of the world have been illegal

Were they necessary? No.

In my mind.. nope.. but it should have happened

Maybe later.. doen the road .. the next girl that this bozo was going to hit.. anytime the jerk thinks twice.. that means that he did the right thing.

The guy he beat down.. received a favor. It was gift wrapped and called "Lesson #1"

Never was.

Looked like Roger was pissed off at seeing the crap.. and called the moron out on it.. what we don't know is exactly what happened off camera.. I personally could care less who said what between the two of them.

Roger did the right thing.

Country Breakfast
08-05-2010, 04:14 AM
lol, you're a riot.
But seriously, a coward.

Hopefully your wife/sister/mother is never attacked with a group of guys standing around just watching.

:sign0011:

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Then prepare to suffer the consequences you would deserve for breaking the law. Are you OK with that when they throw your a$$ in the slammer?? Think about it. Is it worth it? You could be charged with a felony, lose your job, never be hired for a job again...all because you stepped in AFTER THE FACT to play Charles Bronson.

Question for you then.

A guy sees someone get shot 3 times.. and the shooter is running out of a building.. the guy has a gun in his hand.. shoots the shooter 3 times in the back of the head. Should the guy be charged?

Depending on your answer.. I will give you more details. I am curious as to where your thoughts are.

Paul Kersey was the character that Bronson played.. so you really meant Paul Kersey right?

logrus
08-05-2010, 04:24 AM
lol, you're a riot.
But seriously, a coward.

:party0019:

adamt
08-05-2010, 04:25 AM
LOL, are you sure?

In Matt's own autobiography:

Granted, this doesn't say "I was at a bar at 2am" but it sure sounds that way!

no it sounds like a ufc after party when matt was alot younger, and for the record i wasn't a fan then, i didn't even know about it then

but like i said matt would prolly use his head and talk the police out of it instead of fighting, and i notice he didn't get in a fight with lee

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:26 AM

And you know this how?? Is it that hard to believe? God is one SCARY being. And I hear He moves in mysterious ways.

logrus
08-05-2010, 04:31 AM
And you know this how?? Is it that hard to believe? God is one SCARY being. And I hear He moves in mysterious ways.

Punching a girl in the back of the head sounds like the work of the Devil...

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:36 AM
Your logic is basically the "Mind your own business" thinking. the "don't get involved" thinking. Nice try, but that's NOT what I said at all. Go back and actually read my posts. You are reading things into it.

Go back, re-read, return, repost.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:37 AM
And you know this how?? Is it that hard to believe? God is one SCARY being. And I hear He moves in mysterious ways. Because Roger is no angel :laugh:

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:40 AM
I like instant justice too...but, that isn't the case here. If we allowed for vigilantism like this as a standard we would invite anarchy to the streets.

Or we would have people not punching a girl in the back of the head.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:41 AM
Question for you then.

A guy sees someone get shot 3 times.. and the shooter is running out of a building.. the guy has a gun in his hand.. shoots the shooter 3 times in the back of the head. Should the guy be charged?

Depending on your answer.. I will give you more details. I am curious as to where your thoughts are. You are baiting me into an argument, are you not? :laugh:

Paul Kersey was the character that Bronson played.. so you really meant Paul Kersey right?
Thank you for the enlightening correction on the Charles Bronson character, it was very necessary to sell my point.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:45 AM
Or we would have people not punching a girl in the back of the head.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. Context my friend, context. For one you are calling Roger a righteous man, simply because he started fighting someone for no justifiable reason other than to seek vengeance which the Lord claims His own, yes?

Then you are saying Roger is somehow shepherding the victim through the valley of darkness because she is lost...meh....not really. She got punched in the head.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:48 AM
Because Roger is no angel :laugh:

If Roger did that to my wife/kid.. someone I care about.. I would call him an angel. Take him to dinner to thank him and even buy the band-aids for his knuckles. But that's as far as it could go on the first date.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:49 AM
You are baiting me into an argument, are you not? :laugh:

No. Not at argument. Just trying to define where your lines are.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Pretty much EVERYTHING... at least he didn't sucker punch him like the guy did to the girl.
Yea, at least :laugh:

Some of the best acts committed in the history of the world have been illegal Nice try. Before you deify him know that he broke a JUST law. Not an unjust one by starting a fight with an offender who had already written his ticket to jail.

In my mind.. nope.. but it should have happened Well your mind doesn't count here, what the law says counts here.

Maybe later.. doen the road .. the next girl that this bozo was going to hit.. anytime the jerk thinks twice.. that means that he did the right thing. Umm...sure, that probably will make him think twice for next time :wink:

The guy he beat down.. received a favor. It was gift wrapped and called "Lesson #1" He may have deserved it, but that's not how it is supposed to work.

Looked like Roger was pissed off at seeing the crap.. and called the moron out on it.. what we don't know is exactly what happened off camera The jury is still out...it appears Roger went after him on the tape. It was an unfortunate thing that happened to all parties.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:53 AM
Context my friend, context. For one you are calling Roger a righteous man, simply because he started fighting someone for no justifiable reason other than to seek vengeance which the Lord claims His own, yes?

The Lord claims us all as His own.

I call Roger righteous because.. out of ALL the people there. He was the only one to even do anything. Even SAY anything... That deserves to be rewarded.

Then you are saying Roger is somehow shepherding the victim through the valley of darkness because she is lost...meh....not really. She got punched in the head.

No I am saying that Roger struck down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Hey Pulp Fiction was a great movie.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:54 AM
No. Not at argument. Just trying to define where your lines are.An argument indeed. An argument I'd love to have with you indeed. But it is way past my bedtime and so I'll check back with you tomorrow :)

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:59 AM
Yea, at least :laugh:

Nice try. Before you deify him know that he broke a JUST law. Not an unjust one by starting a fight with an offender who had already written his ticket to jail.

No matter what the law says..you show that tape to a jury.. no conviction on Roger..

And IF that were the results of a trial.. would you have a problem with that?

Well your mind doesn't count here, what the law says counts here.

Here?? As in this forum? Seems like you are the onlyone that thinks there was a problem with Roger's actions.. so maybe it's YOUR mind that doesn't count here..

Again.. sure.. Roger broke the law.. and GOOD FOR HIM.. Not jury would convict.

Umm...sure, that probably will make him think twice for next time :wink:

The goofball.. yeah it would. You ever been beat down for being a tool? I have. Was a valuable lesson.

He may have deserved it, but that's not how it is supposed to work.

This is not a perfect world

The jury is still out...it appears Roger went after him on the tape. It was an unfortunate thing that happened to all parties.

Girl went home with at least a headache.. Guy went home hurting.. and knowing that he got STOMPED.. Face to Face.. Prolly learned that next time it could be worse.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 05:00 AM
The jury is still out...it appears Roger went after him on the tape. It was an unfortunate thing that happened to all parties.

Actually, the tape shows the scumbag head off to the left of the camera shot as Roger is confronting him and then when both men are back in the camera they have their shirts off and are squaring up. The scumbag then takes a swing at another man when Roger rushes at him.

That guy WANTED to fight and he started it when he hit that girl.

What Roger did was justified.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Actually, the tape shows the scumbag head off to the left of the camera shot as Roger is confronting him and then when both men are back in the camera they have their shirts off and are squaring up. The scumbag then takes a swing at another man when Roger rushes at him.

What Roger did was justified.

justified??? maybe.. maybe not.. the RIGHT thing to do.. Ohhhh yes.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 05:07 AM
justified??? maybe.. maybe not.. the RIGHT thing to do.. Ohhhh yes.

I hear ya, but I do think it was justified.

You can't do that to a girl in a huge crowd of people and expect you are just going to walk away. Obviously when Roger confronted the guy he wanted to fight because he took off his shirt and squared up with him. Was Roger to expect that at that point the guy was going to just drop it, or sit there and wait for the cops to come arrest him? Pretty doubtful in my opinion. So, yes I would say he was justified in fighting the guy and subsequently beating the snot out of him until he was incapacitated and could cause no further harm to anybody. In fact, I would classify that as a textbook case of justification. :laugh:

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 05:43 AM
This thread is really starting to make me agree with George Carlin who said:
"We are undergoing a pussification of our entire society."
pussification(noun): the state in which a society becomes less and less tough.

Seriously, how the f___ could one say Roger is wrong for beating up a woman beater and still call their self a man?

Vizion
08-05-2010, 05:54 AM
No matter what the law says..you show that tape to a jury.. no conviction on Roger..

And IF that were the results of a trial.. would you have a problem with that? I doubt this would ever reach a jury trial for Roger. If it turns out he did assault the guy, and the guy was injured, which is what it looks like he may be charged with a first degree misdemeanor assault charge - and get probation.

Here?? As in this forum? Seems like you are the onlyone that thinks there was a problem with Roger's actions.. so maybe it's YOUR mind that doesn't count here.. No, you misunderstand. Your mind counts for nothing, as does mine. The law counts here. It must be that way.

The goofball.. yeah it would. You ever been beat down for being a tool? I have. Was a valuable lesson. No I haven't. And I think its all relative anyway.

This is not a perfect world An invalid excuse to break the law.

Girl went home with at least a headache.. Guy went home hurting.. and knowing that he got STOMPED.. Face to Face.. Prolly learned that next time it could be worse. I hope you are right that he learned, but its still not a valid excuse for the attack.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 05:58 AM
This thread is really starting to make me agree with George Carlin who said:

pussification(noun): the state in which a society becomes less and less tough.

Seriously, how the f___ could one say Roger is wrong for beating up a woman beater and still call their self a man?
"Their self"? :laugh:

Well, being the insult is directed at me, I'll respond. Oh wait, already did but you clearly don't get it.

Last I checked the police didn't ask for Roger's help. The assault occured, the police were on the way, the man was going to be handled by the law. Insert Roger :punch:

Well, OK, but he's still accountable to that same law, is he not?

J.B.
08-05-2010, 06:04 AM
The law counts here. It must be that way.

The law also permits abortion, so just saying "it's the law" doesn't always hold up. Cases need context.

Of course we need laws and we expect people to follow them, but cases still need context, and in this context Roger was simply doing what any good civilian should do in confronting somebody who just violently assaulted a woman.

Were people just supposed to expect that the scumbag would hang around and wait for the cops to come?

Primadawn
08-05-2010, 06:14 AM
Just to clarify, I'm not saying at all that I think Matt would have done the same thing--no, I don't think he would have been in that situation and the text from his book that was posted--was from his younger days, so not a good example--whomever posted that...I'm not quoting or going back to look...I'm too sleeeepy....

I was just totally letting my mind wander...wondering if someone found a video of him doing the same thing...even say, at high noon outside a mall or something...

We don't have to keep that part of this convo going though..like I said...just my tired mind wandering...

Vizion
08-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Were people just supposed to expect that the scumbag would hang around and wait for the cops to come? With context comes choice too. He had a choice in how he approached "scumbag". He chose to fight fire with fire...he probably will get off fine anyway, but he still crossed the line if he did start a fight with the guy.

That line may be blurry too, whoever his judge is could dismiss it. If the guy is injured he may be culpable for damages and could face up to 2 years which I doubt and disagree with.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 06:22 AM
"Their self"? :laugh:
Yes, this can be used after a singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine "himself" or the definite feminine "herself" although it should be one word and "themselves", but you get the idea.

Well, being the insult is directed at me, I'll respond. Oh wait, already did but you clearly don't get it.

Last I checked the police didn't ask for Roger's help. The assault occured, the police were on the way, the man was going to be handled by the law. Insert Roger :punch:

Well, OK, but he's still accountable to that same law, is he not?
I get it, I just don't agree. Guy KOs woman, guy deserves to get KOed. If I were the lawmaker, I'd say cut off his balls, but we have to be caring and compassionate to jackass women beaters in this country.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Were people just supposed to expect that the scumbag would hang around and wait for the cops to come?I know, it sucks...there are other options. Citizens arrest. Follow him, get his plates, I'm sure there were people there who knew him. He would have been found.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 06:26 AM
Yes, this can be used after a singular antecedent in place of the definite masculine "himself" or the definite feminine "herself" although it should be one word and "themselves", but you get the idea. Did you Google search that? :laugh:

I get it, I just don't agree. Guy KOs woman, guy deserves to get KOed. If I were the lawmaker, I'd say cut off his balls, but we have to be caring and compassionate to jackass women beaters in this country. He may deserve it, yes. But if he acted OUTSIDE the law and should be as culpable as anyone else for doing so.

What is the testimony of the eyewitnesses here?

J.B.
08-05-2010, 06:31 AM
With context comes choice too. He had a choice in how he approached "scumbag". He chose to fight fire with fire...he probably will get off fine anyway, but he still crossed the line if he did start a fight with the guy.

That line may be blurry too, whoever his judge is could dismiss it. If the guy is injured he may be culpable for damages and could face up to 2 years which I doubt and disagree with.

In my opinion, and from being around in similar situations, I think Roger's choice was either do nothing or fight.

That guy wasn't going to be peacefully detained by anybody who wasn't holding a gun. Also, once Roger had chose to confront him, which was the right thing to do rather than nothing at all, it's pretty clear that the guy was only going to fight at that point. He took off his shirt and squared up.

I understand that Roger may or may not have to deal with legal consequences from the situation, however my point this whole time has been that it doesn't matter. When you talk about "choices" you should remember that it was the scumbag who CHOSE to sucker punch that girl in front of huge crowd of people. What happened to him is a natural human reaction to HIS choice to act like a scumbag, and he totally deserved what he got.

AND....

If that random toughguy KNEW that was "Roger Huerta" he was squaring up with he deserved it even more. :laugh:

Vizion
08-05-2010, 06:40 AM
I understand that Roger may or may not have to deal with legal consequences from the situation, however my point this whole time has been that it doesn't matter.
It does matter. He did no good by fighting him. He saved no one. He did not save the girl, he is not a hero, he acted on impulse and broke the law. He was foolish, but angry and anger does not justify his foolheartedness.

No good other than to satisfy a vendetta that belonged to the law. In doing so he may have signed himself up for legal trouble. I wish him the best.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 06:53 AM
It does matter. He did no good by fighting him. He saved no one. He did not save the girl, he is not a hero, he acted on impulse and broke the law. He was foolish, but angry and anger does not justify his foolheartedness.

No good other than to satisfy a vendetta that belonged to the law. In doing so he may have signed himself up for legal trouble. I wish him the best.

You are free to think that way for the sake of arguing, but you already admitted that you may react the exact same way.

This thread is almost 20 pages now, and it can be summed up in one sentence....

Some douchebag sucker punched a girl so he rightfully got his ass kicked by an ex-UFC fighter who just happened to be standing there.

/thread

logrus
08-05-2010, 07:03 AM
You are free to think that way for the sake of arguing, but you already admitted that you may react the exact same way.

This thread is almost 20 pages now, and it can be summed up in one sentence....

Some douchebag sucker punched a girl so he rightfully got his ass kicked by an ex-UFC fighter who just happened to be standing there.

/thread

Winners in this thread, JB and Roger.

Losers in this thread Viz and that dude who sucker punched a chick..

Chuck
08-05-2010, 07:07 AM

I guess you need to chalk me up as one of the .1% amigo... :wink:

You don't KNOW that Roger picked a fight, you are assuming that to fit into your overly harsh criticism.
To be fair brother... everybody who is defending Roger is making assumptions of their own. We really know nothing of the facts... just assumptions made based of a poorly shot video....

If you make assumptions based on a few seconds of poorly shot video and no facts... you're an idiot. ;-)

"It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them." - Isaiah 19:20
That's a HUGE perversion of Scripture brother.....

No jury would convict...
Oh that's just not true bro and you know it.... ever heard of OJ Simpson??? Jury's have been known to do some pretty unpredictable things...

We don't know that JB.... I doubt he would have taken off running if he wanted to fight...

So my thoughts before y'all start the flaming process....

I've never understood this double standard that men hitting men is ok but men hitting women is wrong. I think they're both wrong.. What Roger did is completely understandable but that doesn't make it right.

We just don't know enough about what happened to be putting one person on a pedastal and damning the other straight to hell.

Guy sucker punches girl is bad....
Roger stomping on limp guys head is celebrated????
WTF???

I know in emotional arguments like this one most people don't want to be bothered with actual FACTS but in this case we have a very few...

Dude hit's girl.... Fact. We're not sure why or what happened before but... who cares right??

Girl was NOT knocked out...Fact. I know it's easier to satisfy the lust for blood and vengeance but she stood up 6 seconds after she was hit....

Roger was NOT defending anybody... Fact. He simply reacted to what he saw. I'm not saying it was the right or wrong reaction but he wasn't defending anybody no matter how you try to twist it.

Roger DID instigate a fight and stomp on the head of a limp/unconscious/unresponsive person. Fact.

I'm not defending the guy who hit the lady nor am I disagreeing with what Roger did (besides the head stomp... that was cheap...) I just don't think there are enough facts out there for ANYBODY to start praising or condemning any of what's on that video.....

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 07:20 AM
If you make assumptions based on a few seconds of poorly shot video and no facts... you're an idiot. ;-)

Had nothing to do with the video, in ANY situation,
if you watched a guy hit a lady, and do nothing, you're a bitch, period.
Very black and white.

I can think of NO situations where is it ok to hit a woman.
If she has a gun, I guess and you somehow do a ninja snatch gun and punch.
Fine. Aside from that..... none.
She punches you first? Oh well, walk away.
She talks crap? deal with it.

ufcfan2
08-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Very black and white.

This.
The video was badly taken,and u don't know honestly if it was Huerta doin the stomp? If u rewatch there was another guy whos tatooed/shirtless near the guy when everyone was picking his sorry butt up.
Again I think the story is old news know but since it involves an ex-UFC fighter and TMZ who likes to be the gossip rag are involved.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:43 AM
(besides the head stomp... that was cheap...) I just don't think there are enough facts out there for ANYBODY to start praising or condemning any of what's on that video.....

I'm not gonna flame you bro. Not at all.

In fact, I will somewhat agree with you on the headstomp, however it's a judgment call when you are in that situation. If I am in a street-fight, I want to be sure that I'm not gonna get attacked when I walk away if I knock a guy down on the ground. It's not like Roger kept stomping his head either. It was one stomp, to be fair.

I was once in a situation once where my friend June got approached by a VERY drunk guy who was offering to "help" him because the drunk thought that June had been robbed. When June told him that he had not been robbed and he didn't need his help, the guy got violent and bum-rushed him. As the guy came at him, June just shoved the guy and he fell on his ass. Well, June isn't much of a fighter, and like an idiot he turned his back and started to walk away and this guy came up behind him and started wailing on him. I was standing about 100 feet away with my girlfriend and by the time we realized there was a scuffle and ran over there, the guy had already taken off and got in a car. I realize it's an unrelated story, but it's an example of why you want to make sure you can't get bum-rushed when you turn your back to walk away. June took a damn good beating, all in the matter of 1 minute and then the guy was gone. Never to be caught or brought to justice or at least take any good licks from somebody who actually knows how to fight back. It's a damn shame, but what goes around comes around.

We don't know that JB.... I doubt he would have taken off running if he wanted to fight...

He probably took off running because he didn't want to get his ass kicked once he realized he messed up bad.

You are right that we don't know ALL the facts, but we do know that the guy came up and sucker punched a girl in a HUGE crowd of people. Anybody who does that has to have a reasonable understanding of the fact that they will probably get their ass kicked. Would you agree?

Dude hit's girl.... Fact. We're not sure why or what happened before but... who cares right??

It's gonna have to be a pretty extreme scenario for there to be ANY justification for what that guy did to that girl, and c'mon brother, let's be realistic here...we know that's not gonna turn out to be the case. I highly doubt it will it come out that the girl did something so bad that she warranted a sucker punch in the back of the head from a guy who is at least twice her size.

Just because people like to watch "Jersey Shore" doesn't mean that punching girls is acceptable. This is just proof of what we already knew. You hit a woman in public, you are likely gonna get your ass kicked.

Like I said to Viz...this thread is hilarious...20 pages in 12 hours and it can be summed up in one sentence! :laugh:

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 07:43 AM
From Live Video.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k142/brr9q/MISC/stomp-capture-0.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k142/brr9q/MISC/stomp-capture-4.jpg

Kind of looks like somebody with a shirt on stomping dude...
Maybe the stomp wasn't Roger?

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 07:46 AM

In fact, I will somewhat agree with you on the headstomp, however it's a judgment call when you are in that situation. If I am in a street-fight, I want to be sure that I'm not gonna get attacked when I walk away if I knock a guy down on the ground. It's not like Roger kept stomping his head either. It was one stomp, to be fair.

Well said...
*If* I am going to get into an altercation on the streets with somebody,
it will continue until you're asleep or the police make us stop.

No way I am risking getting stabbed in the back, attacked again, etc...

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:54 AM
This is hilarious, Roger has become a sort of a folk-hero on other sites...

People are finding news stories about other scumbags doing scumbag things and pleading for Roger to go beat them up! :laugh:

Chuck
08-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Very black and white.

We've gone round on here about this before and I know we don't agree... I'm cool with that bro. We agree on some things and not others... I have nothing but love for ya either way.

I personally can think of many situations where it would be ok to hit a woman... ok... perhaps not "many" but I can think of some. I just don't think the presence of a vagina gives somebody a "free ticket" to do whatever they want.

For example... wife and I are in a bar.... lady cracks my wife with a beer bottle... I'd probably hit her. I'm not sure since that's never happened.. but sitting here typing.... I think I would.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:56 AM
There is also a thread on sherdog right now that offers this information...

Ok, just spoke (actually texted) a friend of my sister. Lets call him Mike, he works for the austin pd, and asked him about the Huerta situation and even linked him the video.
He told me someone emailed the video to the austin pd website earlier today and the boys over there had a good laugh.
He said when they found the guy, the paramedics took him to the hospital, and asked him what happened. he said he didnt remember. they then told him the girl he hit was pressing charges ect then read him his rights.
thats when he said someone whooped his ass. but wasn't interested in pressing charges.
austin pd is currently NOT looking for Huertas arrest.
they know who he is, but they dont care.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/update-huerta-situation-anonymous-police-officer-1299869/

Obviously it cannot be confirmed, but nonetheless I figured I would share it.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:58 AM
We've gone round on here about this before and I know we don't agree... I'm cool with that bro. We agree on some things and not others... I have nothing but love for ya either way.

I personally can think of many situations where it would be ok to hit a woman... ok... perhaps not "many" but I can think of some. I just don't think the presence of a vagina gives somebody a "free ticket" to do whatever they want.

For example... wife and I are in a bar.... lady cracks my wife with a beer bottle... I'd probably hit her. I'm not sure since that's never happened.. but sitting here typing.... I think I would.

You are right, but it's gotta be an extreme situation like that.

I just highly doubt that is the case here. The girl appeared to be just standing there and he came up from behind her.

Chuck
08-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Well I didn't think YOU would but you can never be too sure about that Atom guy!!! :tongue0011:

In fact, I will somewhat agree with you on the headstomp, however it's a judgment call when you are in that situation.
Agreed.

If I am in a street-fight, I want to be sure that I'm not gonna get attacked when I walk away if I knock a guy down on the ground. It's not like Roger kept stomping his head either. It was one stomp, to be fair.
I guess... but a swift kick in the nuts would accomplish the same thing and be less damaging...

He probably took off running because he didn't want to get his ass kicked once he realized he messed up bad.
True.. but that would support my theory that he didn't want to fight. :D :D

You are right that we don't know ALL the facts, but we do know that the guy came up and sucker punched a girl in a HUGE crowd of people. Anybody who does that has to have a reasonable understanding of the fact that they will probably get their ass kicked. Would you agree?
I totally agree. But that's where things just don't add up to me... Like you said 99.9% of men would do what Roger did... but they didn't. :blink: HUGE crowd watching and really only Roger and a few others did anything. It just makes me think there is more to his story than we know.

Just because people like to watch "Jersey Shore" doesn't mean that punching girls is acceptable. This is just proof of what we already knew. You hit a woman in public, you are likely gonna get your ass kicked.
True. But like I said above.. if this was just a huge dude sucker punching a woman I would have expected EVERYBODY to jump on that dude and kick his butt. That fact that they didn't makes me curious about what we don't know.

I'm pooped bro. Have to be up in 5 hours to go tubing with my kids and the youth group from church. Have a great night JB! (You too Atom! :laugh:)

J.B.
08-05-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm pooped bro. Have to be up in 5 hours to go tubing with my kids and the youth group from church. Have a great night JB! (You too Atom! :laugh:)

You make a good point about only a couple people getting involved. Although, I said 99.9% of men would agree with what Roger did. That doesn't mean they would all have the balls to actually confront the guy who did it. Some people are just scared to fight, or scared to get involved, or just don't care, but in a crowd of people there will always be a group of guys that just snap when they see something like that. As is evident in this case, lol...

Have a good night brother! :)

warriorlion
08-05-2010, 09:42 AM
only thing i saw that Roger did wrong was stomp on the guy when he was down, punk deserved it but thats too far roger

atomdanger
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Looks like the MMA world thinks he did right.

The MMA community was abuzz with the TMZ video of Roger Huerta serving up justice on the streets of Texas. Our own Kid Nate looks at the legal consequences in another post. This one is all about Huerta's cheering section:

Joe Rogan: I'm down with Roger Huerta. Karma is a bitch, and so are you if you sucker punch a chick. @rogerhuerta

PunkASS (Tapout): OMG goto TMZ and see Roger Huerta KO'd the **** outof a guy hit just KO'd some Girl! Street Justice! Awesome!

Josh Barnett: "Just to be clear to anyone who has asked I support Roger Huerta 100%. The guy Roger put the boots to earned it.

Bruce Buffer: Congrats to Roger Huerta 4 being a man n taking care of business after seeing a man KO a woman in Austin, TX n then KO'g the A-Hole! Solid!

Joe Lauzon: Just watched... guy had it coming. RT @Erk_The_Jerk: what'd you think of the Roger Huerta video, assuming you've seen it?

Mike DiSabato (Agent and MMA Elite owner): Good for u @rogerhuerta

Jason McDonald: Props to Huerta!

Dana White: "In no way do I condone street fighting, but when a guy puts his hands on a woman he deserves to be knocked the f*ck out. Good for Roger."

County Mike
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
What nobody agrees with, is that the law should be followed, period.

You are correct. I do NOT believe the law should always be followed. Sometimes, the law is wrong. I will do what I believe is right and suffer the consequences if need be. That's how I live with myself. That's how I sleep at night.

Sorry about calling you a sissy though. That was uncalled for.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
sometimes the "right" thing to do...and the "legal" thing to do...just aren't the same thing!

that is an extremely dangerous philosophy.

GOD says you are to follow the law unless it contrivenes his. He says what is right and wrong. So in Roger Huertas case, did both wrong, and broke the law.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
You are correct. I do NOT believe the law should always be followed. Sometimes, the law is wrong. I will do what I believe is right and suffer the consequences if need be. That's how I live with myself. That's how I sleep at night.

Sorry about calling you a sissy though. That was uncalled for.

Do you believe you should always been given your rights?

What do you think grants you your rights if not The Law???

You cant have your cake and eat it. If you follow the Law, you are honoured with your rights, if you break the law, you dont deserve the law to provide you with rights. Citizens follow the law, thats what distinquishes them from Criminals, who are outside the law, and technically speaking, NOT Citizens.

So dont you DARE go complaining about how long the Government takes to give you a gun liscene, if you arent prepared to follow the law, because its Citizens that have the right to bear arms, NOT criminals.

The ONLY time you should break the law is if it directly contravenes GODs Law, because GOD supercedes the National and International basis for Laws....until then, to break the law IS to contrevene GODs law because the default setting of that is to follow the law of the land.

County Mike
08-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Do you believe you should always been given your rights?

What do you think grants you your rights if not The Law???

You cant have your cake and eat it. If you follow the Law, you are honoured with your rights, if you break the law, you dont deserve the law to provide you with rights. Citizens follow the law, thats what distinquishes them from Criminals, who are outside the law, and technically speaking, NOT Citizens.

So dont you DARE go complaining about how long the Government takes to give you a gun liscene, if you arent prepared to follow the law, because its Citizens that have the right to bear arms, NOT criminals.

The ONLY time you should break the law is if it directly contravenes GODs Law, because GOD supercedes the National and International basis for Laws....until then, to break the law IS to contrevene GODs law because the default setting of that is to follow the law of the land.

Blah blah blah. As for complaining about how long it took to get my gun license, that was another example of the law not being followed. The LAW says they have 30 days to approve or deny. They took 4 months. Yes I complained on here because I believe it's an injustice to withhold the rights of the citizens.

Don't you DARE tell me what I dare to do. I will speak and act on my beliefs whether you agree with them or not. I expect you to do the same.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 01:02 PM

Ridiculous.

You are wrong to suggest that Mike is a criminal for what he said, or to comment on his gun license.

There are gray areas in the law, it's not as black and white as you think, and it's a much different culture here in America. Laws get changed everyday, and they are created by the people and for the people. MOST people aren't gonna take issue with Roger coming to stand up for that girl, and thats the REAL law of the land. You might not like what Roger did, but your view on this one will always be in the minority. People don't like guys who beat up women, and that guy got what he had coming.

Chuck
08-05-2010, 01:07 PM
GOD says you are to follow the law unless it contrivenes his.

The ONLY time you should break the law is if it directly contravenes GODs Law,

I don't know want to derail this fine thread but could you direct me to where it says that in the Bible? I hear Christians say that often but I've never actually found that in Scripture...

I don't disagree with you btw.... I just don't know where that is in the Bible. :huh:

You're welcome to PM me if it'll save the thread some Dave-Ku.. :D

Buc Nasty
08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3051/2004thepunisher001.jpg

Terrible I know but I'm being naughty at work! :laugh:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3051/2004thepunisher001.jpg

Terrible I know but I'm being naughty at work! :laugh:

The quality makes it even funnier.

I love it :laugh:

Llamafighter
08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
So you are suggesting that Roger made him "feel sorry"? Puh-leese :laugh: Don't do the cops or the judicial system any favors...they don't need our help. This was an open and shut case.

No, but he made him feel punished.:laugh:

This was an open and shut case
made obvious by the fact no arrests have been made. thanks!:rolleyes:

Silverback
08-05-2010, 01:14 PM

The guy got what he needed, and for that matter I hope he gets alot more. To hit a woman like that takes a very big man, that guy needed a mud hole stomped in his butt, then stomped dry. what a man. I can only hope Roger dont get in any trouble over this.:punch::punch::punch:

Vizion
08-05-2010, 01:29 PM
made obvious by the fact no arrests have been made. thanks!:rolleyes:Are you sure about that? Where did you source that?

Chuck
08-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Ok so I've been thinking about this a little more this morning and I have a question for the Christians on here..

How do Rogers actions line up with Scripture? I know from an emotional (flesh) standpoint it's what most of you say you would do or would want to do. I know that most of you have stated it's what you feel was the right thing to do but the Bible teaches us that what we "feel" like is what we're really at war with. Throughout scripture we're challenged to go against what we feel, to war with our flesh and follow a higher calling.

This verse in Romans 12:2 comes to mind... "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Often times (not always) the behavior of what "most people" would do seems to contradicts Scripture.

So where do things like "street justice" and vigilance line up with what the Bible teaches us? As society continues to decay it's obvious that at some point believers will have to break man's law to follow God's but how do we decide when it's ok to do that?

NateR
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok so I've been thinking about this a little more this morning and I have a question for the Christians on here..

How do Rogers actions line up with Scripture? I know from an emotional (flesh) standpoint it's what most of you say you would do or would want to do. I know that most of you have stated it's what you feel was the right thing to do but the Bible teaches us that what we "feel" like is what we're really at war with. Throughout scripture we're challenged to go against what we feel, to war with our flesh and follow a higher calling.

This verse in Romans 12:2 comes to mind... "Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Often times (not always) the behavior of what "most people" would do seems to contradicts Scripture.

So where do things like "street justice" and vigilance line up with what the Bible teaches us? As society continues to decay it's obvious that at some point believers will have to break man's law to follow God's but how do we decide when it's ok to do that?

I think the "right thing" to do in this situation would have been to simply restrain the girl-puncher long enough for the police to arrive. If that requires you to beat him unconscious, then so be it. However, when I see Roger kicking the guy in the face when he is already down, then I think that he may have let his emotions get control of him and taken it too far. But, of course, alcohol was most likely involved on both sides of this, so that's to be expected.

The "Christian thing to do" would be to not be out at 2 AM with a bunch of drunks in the first place.

rockdawg21
08-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm lovin' all the comments in support of Roger from other big names in the MMA community:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/5/1606219/mma-community-pro-roger-huerta-pro
The MMA community was abuzz with the TMZ video (http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/4/1605226/roger-huerta-engages-in-a-street) of Roger Huerta serving up justice on the streets of Texas. Our own Kid Nate looks at the legal consequences in another post. This one is all about Huerta's cheering section:

Joe Rogan: I'm down with Roger Huerta. Karma is a bitch, and so are you if you sucker punch a chick. @rogerhuerta (http://twitter.com/rogerhuerta)

PunkASS (Tapout): OMG goto TMZ and see Roger Huerta KO'd the **** outof a guy hit just KO'd some Girl! Street Justice! Awesome!

Josh Barnett: "Just to be clear to anyone who has asked I support Roger Huerta 100%. The guy Roger put the boots to earned it.

Bruce Buffer: Congrats to Roger Huerta 4 being a man n taking care of business after seeing a man KO a woman in Austin, TX n then KO'g the A-Hole! Solid!

Joe Lauzon: Just watched... guy had it coming. RT @Erk_The_Jerk (http://twitter.com/Erk_The_Jerk): what'd you think of the Roger Huerta video, assuming you've seen it?

Mike DiSabato (Agent and MMA Elite owner): Good for u @rogerhuerta (http://twitter.com/rogerhuerta)

Jason McDonald: Props to Huerta!

Dana White: "In no way do I condone street fighting, but when a guy puts his hands on a woman he deserves to be knocked the f*ck out. Good for Roger."

J.B.
08-05-2010, 01:53 PM

It's an interesting question, but I honestly feel that it goes back to the question, what is REALLY the law? Is it ALWAYS whats written on a piece of paper in Washington? Or is it a common understanding? Isn't the idea of certain common understandings inherently how we as a society, and also as Christians, determine what is "right" and "wrong"?

Obviously, there are going to be situations where we all make mistakes, and we all do it all the time, but ultimately it's only the Lord who will judge us for what is in our hearts and the choices we make in life. This was a crappy situation for everyone involved, and it is a sad part of reality in today's world, but I don't condemn Roger for his actions.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:03 PM

So where do things like "street justice" and vigilance line up with what the Bible teaches us? As society continues to decay it's obvious that at some point believers will have to break man's law to follow God's but how do we decide when it's ok to do that?:applause::applause::applause::applause::appl ause::applause:
The problem is so many Christians want to resort to the what the world calls good, versus what God calls good. Its much easier to advocate for the wrong thing to do.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm lovin' all the comments in support of Roger from other big names in the MMA community:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/5/1606219/mma-community-pro-roger-huerta-pro

LOL @ Bruce Buffer! :laugh:

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
The quality makes it even funnier.Your comment makes it even funnier :laugh:

Vizion
08-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Very black and white.

She talks crap? deal with it. You like calling other men bitch don't you? It makes you feel like a bad-a$$, or something :laugh:

And for the record, I agree something should always be done. Always. Just not always in the form of violence...is that ok, or would that still just make me a bitch? :laugh:

BamaGrits84
08-05-2010, 02:28 PM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:
The problem is so many Christians want to resort to the what the world calls good, versus what God calls good. Its much easier to advocate for the wrong thing to do.

What happened to Shechem when he raped Dinah? Genesis 34. I'm just saying...

The problem is that our courts systems have seriously failed us and the likelyhood of this jerk getting more than a slap on the wrist is slim. So should we take justice into our own hands when the justice system fails us? Or do we lay down and let people continue to mistreat us and get away with it?

adamt
08-05-2010, 02:29 PM
I think the "right thing" to do in this situation would have been to simply restrain the girl-puncher long enough for the police to arrive. If that requires you to beat him unconscious, then so be it. However, when I see Roger kicking the guy in the face when he is already down, then I think that he may have let his emotions get control of him and taken it too far. But, of course, alcohol was most likely involved on both sides of this, so that's to be expected.

The "Christian thing to do" would be to not be out at 2 AM with a bunch of drunks in the first place.

this

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause:

It's also easy to pass judgment, that don't mean it's always right or wrong.

Of course as Christians we strive to do right in the eyes of the Lord, but we also have to live in this world and constantly make choices. I don't see a bunch of Christians advocating abortion, which is legal, or gay-marriage which is on it's way to becoming legal. Nobody is perfect, but I don't think that standing up to a bully is always advocating the wrong thing to do in the eyes of the Lord or the eyes of society. It's a sad situation sometimes, but I believe that man's actions warranted a confrontation.

Llamafighter
08-05-2010, 02:32 PM
did anyone else notice that when Roger and the dude (ironically sporting a "wife beater") square off, there is a dude that tries to sucker punch the girl-puncher?

BamaGrits84
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
did anyone else notice that when Roger and the dude (ironically sporting a "wife beater") square off, there is a dude that tries to sucker punch the girl-puncher?

I did. Someone else took a swing at the guy first it appears. The woman beater clearly engages Roger. He moves off the screen but you can see him kind of bow up. It's not like he just took of running. He did that once he realize there were multiple guys after him - not just Roger.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:42 PM

Yup... total whiff...:laugh:

Maybe it was somebody with the girl? :unsure-1:

That guy is lucky that's all he got...that's the kind of stuff that can get a person killed.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 02:47 PM
that is an extremely dangerous philosophy.

GOD says you are to follow the law unless it contrivenes his. He says what is right and wrong. So in Roger Huertas case, did both wrong, and broke the law.

Not according to the Bible I have.

County Mike
08-05-2010, 03:02 PM
The problem is that our courts systems have seriously failed us and the likelyhood of this jerk getting more than a slap on the wrist is slim. So should we take justice into our own hands when the justice system fails us? Or do we lay down and let people continue to mistreat us and get away with it?

Exactly. At some point, you have to say enough is enough and take matters into your own hands. You can only see so much injustice before you feel compelled to do something about it. Otherwise, you will remain a victim for life.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
What happened to Shechem when he raped Dinah? Genesis 34. I'm just saying...

The problem is that our courts systems have seriously failed us and the likelyhood of this jerk getting more than a slap on the wrist is slim. So should we take justice into our own hands when the justice system fails us? Or do we lay down and let people continue to mistreat us and get away with it?Evenstill, if we allow vigilantism we open up a can of worms. Its easy to say "Go Roger!" "Got what he deserved!", is it so easy to legislate this, to allow for this? If we start letting people go down that road, what next? It's slippery.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Nobody is perfect, but I don't think that standing up to a bully is always advocating the wrong thing to do in the eyes of the Lord or the eyes of society. It's a sad situation sometimes, but I believe that man's actions warranted a confrontation. And like the scripture verse I posted said, you go and confront with words, not violence. Roger did not wish to do the Christian thing here, and disciple the man, admonish his action. He wished to see him like you do, as a scumbag who's life (at that time) was worth nothing short of a beating.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Exactly. At some point, you have to say enough is enough and take matters into your own hands. You can only see so much injustice before you feel compelled to do something about it. Otherwise, you will remain a victim for life. Hmmm...was her life being threatend Mike?

County Mike
08-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Hmmm...was her life being threatend Mike?

She was attacked. Nothing wrong with fighting back (even if the immediate threat is over). Nothing wrong with fighting back on behalf of someone who can not.

We can argue for years. I won't change my mind and you won't change yours. You can say he was wrong a million times and give a million reasons. I still applaud what he did and I like to think I'd do the same.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 03:30 PM
And like the scripture verse I posted said, you go and confront with words, not violence. Roger did not wish to do the Christian thing here, and disciple the man, admonish his action. He wished to see him like you do, as a scumbag who's life (at that time) was worth nothing short of a beating.

There is a time when action needs to be taken.

You can't have it both ways brother. You can't say they should have detained the guy until the police arrived to do their job and expect that confronting the man with words was going to be sufficient. From what we see on the video, it was that man who first committed a very violent and deplorable act on that woman and clearly the only way he was going to be detained at the time was through force. In a perfect world, we would be able to pull out our Bibles and preach to every single person and they would always listen, but that's not the world we live in. It's sad that it has to be that way, but that's just how it is.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 03:55 PM
She was attacked. Nothing wrong with fighting back (even if the immediate threat is over). Nothing wrong with fighting back on behalf of someone who can not.

We can argue for years. I won't change my mind and you won't change yours. You can say he was wrong a million times and give a million reasons. I still applaud what he did and I like to think I'd do the same.Its just a poor excuse to enact revenge for something that angered you, and has nothing to do with protecting an innocent life.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:00 PM
There is a time when action needs to be taken.

You can't have it both ways brother. You can't say they should have detained the guy until the police arrived to do their job and expect that confronting the man with words was going to be sufficient. From what we see on the video, it was that man who first committed a very violent and deplorable act on that woman and clearly the only way he was going to be detained at the time was through force. In a perfect world, we would be able to pull out our Bibles and preach to every single person and they would always listen, but that's not the world we live in. It's sad that it has to be that way, but that's just how it is. It appears from the video that Roger was just looking for payback. He took the law that is above him into his own hands...a slippery slope.

The guy who got beat deserved it, of that we can agree. But to hail Roger as some hero because of his unecessary actions is pretty off. After watching the video, the only one who acted rightly was the guy who tried (and eventually gave up trying) to stop Roger from fighting.

We go around in circles like this all day JB, neither one of us know when to quit do we :laugh:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
It appears from the video that Roger was just looking for payback. He took the law that is above him into his own hands...a slippery slope.

The guy who got beat deserved it, of that we can agree. But to hail Roger as some hero because of his unecessary actions is pretty off. After watching the video, the only one who acted rightly was the guy who tried (and eventually gave up trying) to stop Roger from fighting.

We go around in circles like this all day JB, neither one of us know when to quit do we :laugh:

I don't mind an interesting conversation/debate. That's what forums are all about. :)

However, the crux of this disagreement is really about how our law should be viewed. The system is very subjective and each individual case needs context. Our laws and judicial system is NOT black and white. It's why the ONLY perfect judge is the Lord.

I am not saying we need to legalize "vigilantism", but I also don't think his actions were unreasonable in the circumstances. You and I can only speculate on what is truly in his heart. You seem to think it was about a sense of revenge, but I tend to think it was more of gut reaction to stand up to that guy and say "Hey, what you did was WRONG and I'm not gonna stand for it". One of the most irritating things is when people stand by and do nothing when low-lifes perpetrate horrendous acts.

Does it make Roger a larger than life hero? No, but to me, and many others, it was a commendable thing to take a stand and put that guy in his place.

BamaGrits84
08-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Evenstill, if we allow vigilantism we open up a can of worms. Its easy to say "Go Roger!" "Got what he deserved!", is it so easy to legislate this, to allow for this? If we start letting people go down that road, what next? It's slippery.

You are right that it's a slippery slope.

One thing I've thought about is why didn't one of the men with this girl do something? Mayeb they did and we just couldn't tell. Did Roger act because no one else did or just because he knew he could kick the guys butt? I think the guy deserved it regardless of who did it. But I kind of think that if this girls brother or husband had reacted like Roger did people would see it as more justified. I'm not saying I do, I'm saying some may. Would you be more lax on him if it was his sister that he defended?

I've tried to put myself in this girl's position but it's hard to seeing as how I would be anywhere at 2am except a bed unless something was wrong with my kids.

My huband once had 3 guys jump on him. He had been drinking and popped off at the mouth (this was after a fight so he was pumped already) to some guys. I wasn't there but my best friend was. When she walked out of the store and saw my husband on the ground with 3 guys going at him she reacted - she knocked the hell out of the biggest one. Well the guy turned around looked at her and said "You just hit me b*. You wanna act like a man you can get beat like one." And punched her in the face. A cop pulled up and the guys bolted. When I found out I immediately wanted revenge. Not because my huband got his butt kicked - you don't leave your house after drinking. That's a stupid idea period. And if you can't hardly walk you really shouldn't pick a fight. But to think some jerk hit my friend regardless of why really pissed me off. Do you think she deserved to be hit? She was acting in defense of another person.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 04:35 PM

But to the degree of helping someone in distress.. should be done for everyone.

Depending on your answer.. I will give you more details. I am curious as to where your thoughts are.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 04:59 PM
The system is very subjective and each individual case needs context. Our laws and judicial system is NOT black and white. And I think they are in most cases. Lucky for Roger, this incident was in Texas where they probably see his actions along the grayer lines.

BamaGrits84
08-05-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/tmz-misleads-everyone-roger-huerta-streetfight-video

I can't get this to open. If one of yall can post it please.

Spiritwalker
08-05-2010, 05:05 PM
And I think they are in most cases. Lucky for Roger, this incident was in Texas where they probably see his actions along the grayer lines.

In many other areas also.

J.B.
08-05-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.cagepotato.com/tmz-misleads-everyone-roger-huerta-streetfight-video

I can't get this to open. If one of yall can post it please.

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/sites/default/files/NOTHUERTA.jpg

(Unless Huerta had plastic surgery recently, this isn't him, which means he may not be the guy who TMZ says 'can be seen finishing his attack on the other man ... who is sprawled out on the street.'")

MMA journalists are accused all the time of being "TMZ-like" reporters -- sensationalistic rumor-mongers who report on stories devoid of any real facts. Calling a reporter that is just as bad as saying "you have no integrity and have no right to be in your chosen profession."

Rarely does the match that lit the flame of a story we helped fan into a blazing, fast-spreading inferno get traced back to the source of that most detested disparaging monicker, but when it does, although it isn't surprising considering the source, it makes you look long and hard at your own journalistic practices.

Earlier today, TMZ "broke" a story about an alleged street fight former UFC star Roger Huerta was involved in last week in Texas. The gossip site released a video that began with a woman being sucker punched by a man, who is soon confronted by the Bellator lightweight, as pointed out in the crisp freeze frame below:

After a brief panned out shot of a shirtless Huerta squaring off against and then chasing down the fleeing perpetrator we get a few glimpses of the chaotic scene, including shots of frantic screaming women and cars darting through the crowd. Moments later, the video, which then gets suspiciously grainy, focuses from afar on a shirtless man, presumably Huerta, who seems to stomp on someone who is lying motionless on the ground.

When the camera closes in on the scene, an irate man with long hair is being held back from jumping on the guy on the ground. A shirtless man, who was previously standing just outside the frame who is clearly NOT Roger Huerta begins yelling at him. When police sirens can be heard in the distance, he seemingly tries to step in to let his buddy know it's time to exit the scene, post haste, which they do soon after.

The question is, if Roger was the guy they say knocked this piece of trash out, where did he go? He's nowhere to be found when the camera pans around the scene.

Even more odd is the fact that when you compare the profile of the shirtless man with the freeze frame of the stomper, it's a near perfect match right down to his hairstyle.

Here's a digitally enhanced (to improve clarity) version. The photo on the left is a screen capture we grabbed from the video. The one on the right is a still frame used by TMZ which appears to have been altered to add a tribal tattoo to match the one that adorns Huerta's left shoulder. He also seems to be wearing an unbuttoned long sleeved shirt that is flowing back behind him.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3161/tmzstompgraphic.jpg

I find it amazing that TMZ, who also have a daily television show and undoubtedly have access to far superior video editing equipment than my Macbook Pro, were unable to clean up the video quality of the stomp allegedly administered by Huerta, yet they pulled these clean screen captures from the beginning of the video to perhaps misleadingly make readers believe it was Roger who put his foot down on the guy's head, when it is unclear exactly who is the assaulter in the video.

At first, I figured that they rather purposely didn't write anything that pointed to Huerta as being the guy who used PRIDE rules on the street, leaving the assumption up to the readers by means of the power of suggestion, but after re-reading the post, I realized they didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt I originally afforded them.

Here's the text from the story, which is pretty cut and dry and leaves little to the imagination:

27-year-old Huerta -- who was once featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated -- was in front of a bar in Austin around 2 AM on Saturday morning ... when some other people began fighting. Roger was near the scuffle ... when he saw one of the men involved punch a female who was standing near the ruckus.

Once Huerta sees the woman collapse to the ground -- he instantly tries to confront the attacker saying, "You just punched a f**kin' girl."

Moments later, Huerta takes off his shirt ... slams his hat to the ground ... and rushes after the man.

Chaos ensues and people scramble after the fighters, blocking the camera -- but seconds later ... a shirtless Huerta can be seen finishing his attack on the other man ... who is sprawled out on the street.

People rush in to aid the bloody man on the ground -- who eventually gets off the pavement -- as Huerta walks away from the battle ground.

Austin PD tells TMZ that officers were called to the scene -- but so far, no arrests have been made.

Huerta's manager tells us, "I have not spoken to Roger yet about this incident, but I can say that it's in his nature to be very protective of women."

In their defense, although they seem to love any story about a UFC fighter, I'm not sure TMZ would know Huerta from Clay Guida, but claiming that Roger was the perpetrator of the assault when it isn't clear that it was him at all is beyond irresponsible.

It's not like it would have taken much research to figure out what he looks like and to compare photos to stills from the video to see that it very well could have been one of the other shirtless guys in the crowd. I also find it vey odd that not one other person of the hundred or so that were there that night have tweeted, blogged or written a single Facebook status update referring to the former UFC fighter who kicked some woman abuser's ass last week. How did nobody see what happened?

I think the icing on the cake was the drunken onlooker who informed the cameraman that "the guy who kicked the other guy's ass is a UFC fighter," yet he didn't know what Huerta's name was when asked and given that he was beside the guy who shot the video, he didn't even see the ass-kicking up close.

He's likely going by the fact that he saw Roger in the early stages of a fight before the **** hit the fan and when the guy Huerta was about to throw down with is laid out on his back, it must have been the "UFC fighter" who did it.

I guess we'll wait and see what TMZ have to say about the situation and if an apology to Huerta is forthcoming if it is proven that this truly is a case of mistaken identity. Maybe we can all learn something from their mistake.

I guess sometimes these things happen when you pay the general public for your news stories.

here ya go...

If TMZ shooped that pic...wow...

Even if Roger wasn't the one who actually beat the guy down, he still did the right thing by standing up to the guy.

Gotta see how this all pans out...

Neezar
08-05-2010, 05:36 PM
I hope it wasn't Roger. I don't care about the girl puncher but I don't want the one dishing it out to be a professional fighter.

On a side note, I watched that video again and the girl isn't just standing there minding her own biz. It looks as if she was running up to that group. Maybe from someone (girl puncher probaly) already.

(So who knows what she had just did. Maybe she slapped his baby momma. :laugh:)

Miss Foxy
08-05-2010, 05:49 PM
lol, you're a riot.
But seriously, a coward.

:wub:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I hope it wasn't Roger. I don't care about the girl puncher but I don't want the one dishing it out to be a professional fighter.

On a side note, I watched that video again and the girl isn't just standing there minding her own biz. It looks as if she was running up to that group. Maybe from someone (girl puncher probaly) already.

(So who knows what she had just did. Maybe she slapped his baby momma. :laugh:)

I don't really care much about it being a pro-fighter. They are gonna react like any other human in a situation like that.

Either way, there is no doubt that something provoked the guy to hit the girl, but it still has no justification unless it was something completely extreme. Slapping his baby momma wouldn't be enough for me...:laugh:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 05:50 PM
This thread is totally epic...25 pages in under 24 hours... :laugh:

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
1 )The LAW says they have 30 days to approve or deny. They took 4 months. Yes I complained on here because I believe it's an injustice to withhold the rights of the citizens.

2) Don't you DARE tell me what I dare to do. I will speak and act on my beliefs whether you agree with them or not. I expect you to do the same.

1) if you dont have regard for the law, why should they? and frankly put, why shouldnt they withhold your rights if you dont obey the law?

This is the problem, its all very well for you to act on your opinions, and to follow or not follow the law as you see fit. but when an insitution doesnt follow the law, its an outrage??? You see how people like you have no grounds for complaining when someone else breaks the law, because by your own admission its something you can dismiss or not depending on your opinion...Beliefs, is a nice word, but in the context of how your using it...its just your opinion, lets not over dramatise.

2) There you go again...case in point. "dont you dare tell me".....so I'm not permitted to tell you...but YOU can "speak and act on" your own....and..."I expect you to do the same"

I just have, what part of that passed you by? You may not like what I have to say...but I can dare challenge you, just like you can dare challenge me.

Vizion
08-05-2010, 05:59 PM
:wub: Its funny you heart this guy when he missed the mark by at least 10 miles :laugh:

Vizion
08-05-2010, 06:02 PM
This thread is totally epic...25 pages in under 24 hours... :laugh:JB, I think once you get your mind set on something if Jesus Christ Himself corrected even He'd be wrong.

25 pages of an Epic thread = a lot of people who have better things to do having wasted a lot of valuable time over nothing really, and you will disagree on that too, I predict :wink:

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 06:02 PM

Its not his place to deliver Justice. Thats even more simple really.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 06:05 PM
What makes you think Roger started it? How do you KNOW that?

The guy had no problem blasting a girl like that, why wouldn't he try to fight a guy who was approaching him immediately after that happened?

Saying "two wrongs don't make a right" is about as generic of a response as it could possibly get. It's clear as day. The guy was a scumbag who got what he deserved. I am seriously shocked that ANYBODY would criticize Roger for this.

No he didnt get what he deserved. Infact, now he is a victim of a professional fighter who has miss used his skills in an arena he shouldnt have entered into.

FAR from justice...what you know have is a guy who should have been done for assult, assulted himself and a victim of that.

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 06:08 PM

I'm glad Dana came out and backed Roger.

Roger Huerta doesnt even work in the UFC anymore. Thats why Dana White doesnt care...its not one of HIS employees :rolleyes:

Tyburn
08-05-2010, 06:10 PM

but...

or the nearest shot gun maybe??? after all...just defending yourself arent you.

that "crap" is called CIVILIZATION, those "legalities" are very important when your President wants your guns...but not so when YOU want to committ some kinda crime.