PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre, Retirement?

J.B.
08-04-2010, 03:05 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4ow2Juu7nMo/TCTjtsoF9kI/AAAAAAAAWlM/4vJJsk7FaX8/s1600/vikings_BrettFavre.jpg

Discuss...

again.... :laugh:

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 03:07 AM
I hope the media whore makes up his mind, I'd like to see him retire and sink into seclusion so I never have to see his face anymore...I loathe him

VCURamFan
08-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Holy thread resurr - o, wait, this is a new one? :blink:

J.B.
08-04-2010, 03:37 AM
I hope the media whore makes up his mind, I'd like to see him retire and sink into seclusion so I never have to see his face anymore...I loathe him

Jeez man...I'm a Cardinals fan 4 life, but I'm also a Bears fan who grew up in Chicago watching him shred us and even I don't hate the guy that much... :laugh:

J.B.
08-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Holy thread resurr - o, wait, this is a new one? :blink:

:laugh:

Yup...it's the 3rd annual Favre Retirement Thread

For those who DON'T know...the news today is that he is NOT playing next season...

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 03:46 AM
Jeez man...I'm a Cardinals fan 4 life, but I'm also a Bears fan who grew up in Chicago watching him shred us and even I don't hate the guy that much... :laugh:I never hated him until the last few offseasons, I actually liked watching him play even though he was a Packer...I liked his playing style, but I am soooo sick of this indecisive BS every offseason....He's become a diva and it irritates and I want him to go away so ESPN will actually have to find some other news to report

J.B.
08-04-2010, 03:51 AM
I never hated him until the last few offseasons, I actually liked watching him play even though he was a Packer...I liked his playing style, but I am soooo sick of this indecisive BS every offseason....He's become a diva and it irritates and I want him to go away so ESPN will actually have to find some other news to report

I totally agree with you on the fact that he has been irritating the last few seasons. (and irritating to see on those wrangler commercials)

Let me ask you this though, because it's an interesting question...

Who has been worse... Lebron James or Brett Favre?

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 04:01 AM
I totally agree with you on the fact that he has been irritating the last few seasons. (and irritating to see on those wrangler commercials)

Let me ask you this though, because it's an interesting question...

Who has been worse... Lebron James or Brett Favre?
This year? LBJ....Overall? Favre

J.B.
08-04-2010, 04:07 AM
This year? LBJ....Overall? Favre

I agree...

What Brett has done is much worse than LeBron...

I will give Favre a slight benefit of the doubt in wanting to see how his ankle surgery played out, but if he decides to come back after the training camps and preseason is over, or if he rides in on a white horse during the Vikings bye-week in week 4, I hope the media slams him good.

LeBron has taken it on the chin, and yes he made a couple arrogant moves, but Favre could have told the Vikings a while back and actually given them a chance to secure a good QB...like Donovan McNabb. LeBron didn't really owe that to the Cavs organization after 7 years IMO.

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 04:09 AM
I agree...

What Brett has done is much worse than LeBron...

I will give Favre a slight benefit of the doubt in wanting to see how his ankle surgery played out, but if he decides to come back after the training camps and preseason is over, or if he rides in on a white horse during the Vikings bye-week in week 4, I hope the media slams him good.

LeBron has taken it on the chin, and yes he made a couple arrogant moves, but Favre could have told the Vikings a while back and actually given them a chance to secure a good QB...like Donovan McNabb.this year with the ankle hasn't bothered me as much, but the last few years where he drags it out until the last minute is just complete bogus...Lebron put on a media charade this summer which irritated me and I probably wont' find myself rooting for him as much anymore, but throughout the last several years, his media-whoreness pales in comparison to Favre

J.B.
08-04-2010, 04:34 AM
this year with the ankle hasn't bothered me as much, but the last few years where he drags it out until the last minute is just complete bogus...Lebron put on a media charade this summer which irritated me and I probably wont' find myself rooting for him as much anymore, but throughout the last several years, his media-whoreness pales in comparison to Favre

I think Favre still dragged it out longer than he had too, and I'm also still not convinced that he is "officially" retired.

"media-whoreness" just has me LOL :laugh:

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 04:37 AM
I think Favre still dragged it out longer than he had too, and I'm also still not convinced that he is "officially" retired.

"media-whoreness" just has me LOL :laugh:He did drag it out too long, but it could have been much worse...I'm not convinced he's done, I don't trust a word out of his mouth regarding retirement...Honestly, I don't think he trusts a word out of his own mouth either...His indecisiveness is bordering on mental disorder

J.B.
08-04-2010, 04:56 AM
He did drag it out too long, but it could have been much worse...I'm not convinced he's done, I don't trust a word out of his mouth regarding retirement...Honestly, I don't think he trusts a word out of his own mouth either...His indecisiveness is bordering on mental disorder

Nahh bro... the guy just wants to play! :)

We never want to get old, and a I'm sure a part of him believes he can STILL do it... hell, he ALMOST did!!! :laugh:

It's gotta be tough for guys in that position. As the saying goes... "we all know how to make a grand entrance, but only few know how to leave on time." :wink:

flo
08-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Haters!

:)

I LOVE Brett and hope Minnesota talks him into staying another year. He was just about the only reason I watched football last year.

J.B.
08-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Haters!

I LOVE Brett and hope Minnesota talks him into staying another year. He was just about the only reason I watched football last year.

Nobody be hating on da Fav-Ra.......

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/38000/Brett-Favre-Rock-Star-38411.jpg

rearnakedchoke
08-04-2010, 03:58 PM
he ain't gonna retire ... he is gonna take the $20 mill they are throwing at him ..

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh brother.. Here we go AGAIN.. Another attention whore.. I swear! :laugh:

Bonnie
08-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Nahh bro... the guy just wants to play! :)

We never want to get old, and a I'm sure a part of him believes he can STILL do it... hell, he ALMOST did!!! :laugh:

It's gotta be tough for guys in that position. As the saying goes... "we all know how to make a grand entrance, but only few know how to leave on time." :wink:

I want him to play at least one more season, JB, and win it this time....then he can retire. I know the odds are against him, but never say never! :laugh:

Miss Foxy
08-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Haters!

Sorry Flo :sad:

Bonnie
08-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Sorry Flo :sad:

Just pretend he's a "saint" :angel:, Foxy, and come and join me and flo. :laugh:

J.B.
08-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I want him to play at least one more season, JB, and win it this time....then he can retire. I know the odds are against him, but never say never! :laugh:

Like the OP said...those 20 ints aren't gonna throw themselves. :)

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Like the OP said...those 20 ints aren't gonna throw themselves. :)especially the big one when it matters most in the NFC championship game:laugh:

Now they are saying he will play if healthy and no decision has been made yet....OMFG make up your mind you D-bag

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 07:05 PM
You know what, I hope he does come back...I want to see him go out the same way as Joe Theismann...If you don't know who he is...Go to youtube, search: Joe Theismann, watch the first video, look away if squimish

J.B.
08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
especially the big one when it matters most in the NFC championship game:laugh:

Now they are saying he will play if healthy and no decision has been made yet....OMFG make up your mind you D-bag

Stump your friends with this one....

Brett Favre's last pass with the Vikings, Jets, and Packers were ALL interceptions.

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
This is from former all-pro Safety Rodney Harrison. It's nice to see someone in the sports media call it like they see it instead of kissing his arse all the time like ESPN does...they have got to be the biggest brown-nosers I've ever seen

Speaking on the Dan Patrick Show, the current NBC studio analyst implied Favre had no class and that he teases everyone with retirement flip-flops because he craves the attention of the media.

"You get to a point at 40 years old that you know exactly what you want to do — if you want to play football or not. And that's why I've been critical of this guy. Because it's so unfair to your teammates, it's unfair to your coaches, it's unfair to the city, the organization that you keep leaving people hung out to dry like that.

I've never understood Brett Favre(notes). I just think he loves the media attention. At 40 years old, you know if you want to grind through an 18-week season.

If I was a teammate of his, I'd probably be a little ticked off he's not in training camp."

Blade
08-04-2010, 07:38 PM
http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/favresterger.html

'When rumors of Brett Favre's possible third retirement began to spread through the airwaves and interwebs on Tuesday morning, much of the sporting public reacted with a roll of the eyes and a "here we go again" resolve.

Let's just say the story has taken an unexpected turn.

Deadspin.com -- a sports gossip blog that created national headlines in the past -- posted an item last night promising a salacious (and gross) story about Favre would break in the very near future. Though Deadspin is not thought of as a paragon of journalistic virtue (ask Buzz Bissinger about that one), the item seemed a bit irresponsible. It was a vague, oblique tease.

This morning, Deadspin revealed the details, and the story was a home run for the site.

Apparently, Jenn Sterger -- who became an Internet sports sensation several years ago after wearing a bikini and a cowboy hat to a Florida State football game -- played Deadspin editors voicemail messages she received from Favre while working as an in-game scoreboard hostess for the Jets.

Sterger also kept some incriminating cell phone pictures that Favre allegedly sent her of his penis.

According to the rather NSFW report:

"Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. " '

J.B.
08-04-2010, 07:59 PM
"Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his dick. Brett Favre's dick. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's masturbating while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. " '

Ohhh....make it stop....my sides hurt....:laugh:

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 08:03 PM
http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/favresterger.html

'When rumors of Brett Favre's possible third retirement began to spread through the airwaves and interwebs on Tuesday morning, much of the sporting public reacted with a roll of the eyes and a "here we go again" resolve.

Let's just say the story has taken an unexpected turn.

Deadspin.com -- a sports gossip blog that created national headlines in the past -- posted an item last night promising a salacious (and gross) story about Favre would break in the very near future. Though Deadspin is not thought of as a paragon of journalistic virtue (ask Buzz Bissinger about that one), the item seemed a bit irresponsible. It was a vague, oblique tease.

This morning, Deadspin revealed the details, and the story was a home run for the site.

Apparently, Jenn Sterger -- who became an Internet sports sensation several years ago after wearing a bikini and a cowboy hat to a Florida State football game -- played Deadspin editors voicemail messages she received from Favre while working as an in-game scoreboard hostess for the Jets.

Sterger also kept some incriminating cell phone pictures that Favre allegedly sent her of his penis.

According to the rather NSFW report:

This is just a joke right?

J.B.
08-04-2010, 08:06 PM
This is just a joke right?

Thats what I am thinking....or at least hoping....I am almost afraid to check ESPN for fear of the picture message being on the front page...

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 08:07 PM
ESPN for fear of the picture message being on the front page...with John Madden salivating and doing cartwheels

Bonnie
08-04-2010, 08:10 PM
If he did do that, I guess he can join the sleezoid club with all the rest of those upstanding cheating superstar athletes, huh. And why has she come out with this now? Does she think "flirt-texting" with a married man isn't cheating? That it doesn't make her any more of a skank! :blink: "Plus, I didn't think it was good idea to start an affair with their star player...." So, if the circumstances had been a little different, she would have had an affair with a married man? Puhleeze! :rolleyes:

If this happened, makes me sad for his wife and family. It'd be painful enough finding out this information in a private way, but to hear about it and see it splashed in public. It's sad when it's the wife and kids who have to pay for the sins...

J.B.
08-04-2010, 08:15 PM
If he did do that, I guess he can join the sleezoid club with all the rest of those upstanding cheating superstar athletes, huh. And why has she come out with this now? Does she think "flirt-texting" with a married man isn't cheating? That it doesn't make her any more of a skank! :blink: "Plus, I didn't think it was good idea to start an affair with their star player...." So, if the circumstances had been a little different, she would have had an affair with a married man? Puhleeze! :rolleyes:

If this happened, makes me sad for his wife and family. It'd be painful enough finding out this information in a private way, but to hear about it and see it splashed in public. It's sad when it's the wife and kids who have to pay for the sins...

I'm not sold on that story just yet...

but as for Brett and football....I finally mustered up the courage to go to ESPN.com and they are reporting that IF he is healthy, Brett WILL play....(I can't believe it, lol)

Bonnie
08-04-2010, 08:16 PM

Stump your friends with this one....

Brett Favre's last pass with the Vikings, Jets, and Packers were ALL interceptions.

:angry:

JB, don't be a meanie! :tongue0011:

Even if it is true! :cry:

You know what, I hope he does come back...I want to see him go out the same way as Joe Theismann...If you don't know who he is...Go to youtube, search: Joe Theismann, watch the first video, look away if squimish

That's not something I would wish on anyone, Derek, not even all those cheating scumbags. That was horrible! :cry: How could you wish that on anyone. :sad:

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 08:20 PM
:angry:

JB, don't be a meanie! :tongue0011:

Even if it is true! :wink:

That's not something I would wish on anyone, Derek, not even all those cheating scumbags. That was horrible! :cry: How could you wish that on anyone. :sad:
i was kind of joking...But if it had to happen to someone, better him than someone like Kurt Warner who actually treats his teammates, organization, and the league with respect

J.B.
08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
i was kind of joking...But if it had to happen to someone, better him than someone like Kurt Warner who actually treats his teammates, organization, and the league with respect

It's still to soon for me to talk about Kurt.... :cry:

But he is gonna be on Dancing with the Stars! :laugh: :happydancing:

Leinart was on the radio yesterday when the news on Favre broke and he basically just laughed and shrugged his shoulders. It was funny, because Matt gave more reaction to Kurt being on DWTS than he did to what is possibly the best QB ever leaving the NFL, and Favre was supposedly his favorite player growing up. That tells you a lot about how much people LOVE Kurt Warner.

matthughesfan21
08-04-2010, 08:44 PM
It's still to soon for me to talk about Kurt.... :cry:.I'll miss him, but he actually knows how to bow out gracefully and he is 10x the man that Brett Favre is

flo
08-04-2010, 09:23 PM
JB, that picture is HOT!!!

flo
08-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Just pretend he's a "saint" :angel:, Foxy, and come and join me and flo. :laugh:

Word! :wink:

flo
08-04-2010, 09:27 PM

You're kidding, right?

flo
08-04-2010, 09:29 PM

You're "kind of" joking? How exactly did he disrespect his teammates, organization and the league?

flo
08-04-2010, 09:43 PM
I'll miss him, but he actually knows how to bow out gracefully and he is 10x the man that Brett Favre is

He gave Minnesota a great season last year. His ratings are awesome, especially considering he didn't get a lot of protection from his front line. WTH should he "bow out gracefully" when he is a proven winner and has a great work ethic?
http://www.mortgageloancalculating.com/passer_ratings.html
You hate the guy for some reason. Whatever. You're really judgemental to say Kurt is 10x the man Brett is.

Bonnie
08-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm not sold on that story just yet...

but as for Brett and football....I finally mustered up the courage to go to ESPN.com and they are reporting that IF he is healthy, Brett WILL play....(I can't believe it, lol)

:happydancing:

Bonnie
08-04-2010, 10:13 PM
He gave Minnesota a great season last year. His ratings are awesome, especially considering he didn't get a lot of protection from his front line. WTH should he "bow out gracefully" when he is a proven winner and has a great work ethic?
http://www.mortgageloancalculating.com/passer_ratings.html
You hate the guy for some reason. Whatever. You're really judgemental to say Kurt is 10x the man Brett is.

Yeah!

I understand if the other players are upset if he's not in training camp with them; but if the owner, manager, coach and team are that unhappy with him (his tactics), can't they just force him out or pay him and not play him? :unsure-1:

I hope he's healthy and takes them all the way to the SB and wins! :)

flo
08-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah!

I understand if the other players are upset if he's not in training camp with them; but if the owner, manager, coach and team are that unhappy with him (his tactics), can't they just force him out or pay him and not play him? :unsure-1:

I hope he's healthy and takes them all the way to the SB and wins! :)

Me too, Bonnie! :w00t:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 12:57 AM
You're "kind of" joking? How exactly did he disrespect his teammates, organization and the league?

Well, it is disrespectful to skip out on training camps. The other guys on the team work hard during this time of the year and for a guy to just walk on the field like he does it can create some tension in the locker room, but people tend to get over it pretty quick when he starts winning games. If I am not mistaken, Favre has his own locker room too. Again, it's not the end of the world, but it can definitely create team issues.

The biggest problem in what he is doing is quite simply the fact that he holds the team, and to some degree the league, hostage while he plays these games. I'm sure the Vikings would like to have known 6 months ago if he wasn't planning on coming back. There is also a money issue in this. By sending out signals that he might retire, it now forces the Vikings to try and lure him into playing by throwing more money at him. There is no cap this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if Favre gets closer to 20 million dollars to play this season instead of the 13 million he was on tap to make.

flo
08-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I hear what you're saying, JB, and they are good points. As to training camp, he *did* just have surgery a little over two months ago.

You're right, the Vikings (and league) would have been happier had he said he'd play 6 months ago but I think it was true indecision on his part - never disrespect for the team, teammates or league (although some could interpret it as such).

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:16 AM
I hear what you're saying, JB, and they are good points. As to training camp, he *did* just have surgery a little over two months ago.

You're right, the Vikings (and league) would have been happier had he said he'd play 6 months ago but I think it was true indecision on his part - never disrespect for the team, teammates or league (although some could interpret it as such).

Oh I know...the surgery did play a part in it this season, and I don't think Brett is out to intentionally create a bad situation for his team or league, but I also think he knows full well if he is able to play or not and he drags this out to avoid camp and maybe even to make a little more money. I honestly wouldn't even blame him on the money end either, he is definitely worth more than Sam Bradford or Matthew Stafford and he should get paid more. He brings a lot of revenue to any team he plays on.

Bonnie
08-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Oh I know...the surgery did play a part in it this season, and I don't think Brett is out to intentionally create a bad situation for his team or league, but I also think he knows full well if he is able to play or not and he drags this out to avoid camp and maybe even to make a little more money. I honestly wouldn't even blame him on the money end either, he is definitely worth more than Sam Bradford or Matthew Stafford and he should get paid more. He brings a lot of revenue to any team he plays on.

I agree with you about what his delaying can cause/create, but you know what, he sure did good last season. Maybe he shouldn't mess with a good thing. :laugh:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 02:38 AM
I agree with you about what his delaying can cause/create, but you know what, he sure did good last season. Maybe he shouldn't mess with a good thing. :laugh:

I think he's just old and doesn't want to do it anymore. They should just say screw it and accept that he's not gonna come to camp.

The crappy part of that is that even though he is an amazingly talented QB, you still need to get acclimated to running the plays and working with your teammates. The off-season can create rust for even the best of players, and he is no spring chicken.

In my honest opinion, I think he plays this year and that's it.

Even if he makes it through the season without any serious injuries, I can't imagine him doing this AGAIN next year, but I guess with Favre you never really know.

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 03:02 AM
You're "kind of" joking? How exactly did he disrespect his teammates, organization and the league?dragging this out every off-season until well of training camp starts is showing that you believe you are more important than the team, and you are so awesome that the organization should put future plans on hold to wait to see what you are going to do...That's disrespectful in my opinion

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 03:04 AM

You're right, the Vikings (and league) would have been happier had he said he'd play 6 months ago but I think it was true indecision on his part - never disrespect for the team, teammates or league (although some could interpret it as such).If this was the first team he has behaved like this in the off-season, I would pass it off as true indecision, but this has been 4 straight years of it now, and at some point you have to think there was more to it than just indecision

Bonnie
08-05-2010, 03:23 AM
dragging this out every off-season until well of training camp starts is showing that you believe you are more important than the team, and you are so awesome that the organization should put future plans on hold to wait to see what you are going to do...That's disrespectful in my opinion

Do we know if he's gotten medical clearance from his surgery? Flo said it's just been two months; maybe he's still healing. :unsure-1:

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Do we know if he's gotten medical clearance from his surgery? Flo said it's just been two months; maybe he's still healing. :unsure-1:

what about the past 3 years when his season has been over in January and he still is dragging it on in August?

Bonnie
08-05-2010, 05:24 AM
what about the past 3 years when his season has been over in January and he still is dragging it on in August?

Maybe that's why Green Bay wanted a new guy. :unsure-1:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Maybe that's why Green Bay wanted a new guy. :unsure-1:

No...not at all...

They would have GLADLY dealt with Favre skipping out on camps for a few years if he was their only option.

They had Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings and they had a LOT of confidence in him, and rightfully so because Rodgers is a damn good QB.

Favre had decided to retire in March of 2008 but by August he had changed his mind and wanted to come back to the Packers, who still had him under contract. The Packers wanted him to just stay retired because they wanted to move forward with Rodgers and they didn't want to have to trade Favre to the Vikings because they are division rivals (Favre had a unique stipulation that basically allowed him to void any trade). They also didn't want to release him because then they got nothing in return, so after an ugly exchange between Favre and the Packers front office they eventually worked out a trade with the Jets for the 08-09 season and Favre agreed.

flo
08-05-2010, 06:35 AM
dragging this out every off-season until well of training camp starts is showing that you believe you are more important than the team, and you are so awesome that the organization should put future plans on hold to wait to see what you are going to do...That's disrespectful in my opinion
Fair enough.

It's just hard to see anyone hating on Brett.

Right, Bonnie?

:ninja:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 06:50 AM

You gotta remember, MHF21 is a Bears fan.

Bashing Brett Favre is as Chicago as eating a Polish Sausage and watching the Cubs lose.

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 06:51 AM
Fair enough.

Right, Bonnie?

:ninja:If we had a Brett talk several years ago, i wouldn't be hating...When someone just does stuff to get attention it's irritating, a year or two ago during his annual retirement stuff, he called a press conference to announce that he still hadn't made up his mind yet...Geesh, what a media-whore...I can't even watch espn anymore because its either favre or a-rod reaching his 600 HR milestone even though its tainted because he's a cheater(but that's a different thread)

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 06:55 AM
No...not at all...

They would have GLADLY dealt with Favre skipping out on camps for a few years if he was their only option.

They had Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings and they had a LOT of confidence in him, and rightfully so because Rodgers is a damn good QB.

Favre had decided to retire in March of 2008 but by August he had changed his mind and wanted to come back to the Packers, who still had him under contract. The Packers wanted him to just stay retired because they wanted to move forward with Rodgers and they didn't want to have to trade Favre to the Vikings because they are division rivals (Favre had a unique stipulation that basically allowed him to void any trade). They also didn't want to release him because then they got nothing in return, so after an ugly exchange between Favre and the Packers front office they eventually worked out a trade with the Jets for the 08-09 season and Favre agreed.GB made the right choice also, Rodgers was ready to go and GB couldn't afford to keep sitting around well into training camp waiting to see what Brett would do...Rodgers has played better in the 2 years than Favre as well(Favre had great stats last season 33 tds, 7 int's...rodgers had 30 tds, 7 int's.....but the year before Favre was average at best and Rodgers exceled)

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 06:57 AM

Bashing Brett Favre is as Chicago as eating a Polish Sausage and watching the Cubs lose.

:laugh:I'm not a diehard Bears fan, I get irritated around October-January because all I see on chicago stations is bears shyte even though the Blackhawks are the best team in the city......also, remember I told you I didn't hate Brett when he was still in GB, if my hatred of him had anything to do with me being a fan of da bears, it doesn't make sense to only start hating him once he leaves Lambeau

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 06:58 AM

:laugh:Thanks, you made me hungry now, and the Cubs didn't lose today:laugh: it's been over a week since I could say that :cry:

J.B.
08-05-2010, 06:59 AM
I'm not a diehard Bears fan, I get irritated around October-January because all I see on chicago stations is bears shyte even though the Blackhawks are the best team in the city......also, remember I told you I didn't hate Brett when he was still in GB, if my hatred of him had anything to do with me being a fan of da bears, it doesn't make sense to only start hating him once he leaves Lambeau

I was just giving ya crap, lol

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:00 AM
GB made the right choice also, Rodgers was ready to go and GB couldn't afford to keep sitting around well into training camp waiting to see what Brett would do...Rodgers has played better in the 2 years than Favre as well(Favre had great stats last season 33 tds, 7 int's...rodgers had 30 tds, 7 int's.....but the year before Favre was average at best and Rodgers exceled)

I agree, Rodgers is the man and they were smart to hand him the reigns when they did.

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 07:08 AM
I was just giving ya crap, lol
haha, I am interested to see how the Bears are next season, interested to see how Peppers will perform....The O-line needed the most help, Cutler was running for his life last year, but they didn't fix the line reallly at all

I'd prefer it just be October 7th now and I can watch the real Chicago team again

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 07:09 AM
I agree, Rodgers is the man and they were smart to hand him the reigns when they did.He'll win them a super bowl if they give him the right pieces

flo
08-05-2010, 07:15 AM

Heh, I didn't think about that, JB.

No hard feelings, MHF21? I enjoy a good argument...

especially if I can win it

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:20 AM
He'll win them a super bowl if they give him the right pieces

That Cardinals/Packers game was epic in last season's playoffs.

They are definitely gonna be a contender for quite some time with Rodgers.

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
Heh, I didn't think about that, JB.

No hard feelings, MHF21? I enjoy a good argument...

especially if I can win it
of course not, there's really no winners or losers though, we aren't arguing talent or anything like that, just opinions on his interactions with media and his indecisiveness....None of us know what really goes through his head except Brett, so it's all just opinion with no way to prove a winner or loser in a debate lol.....If he retires, a wish him happy, quiet retirement hopefully way way out of the media spotlight, I wouldn't mind seeing him get into coaching a few years down the road though...If he decides to come back, he'll more than likely have another great year especially with the talent around him, but he'll more than likely come up slightly short.

If he does come back, that's fine...I just don't want this same process to go on next summer...If he returns, make up your mind in february or march and give the Vikings time to plan for their future before the draft

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 07:30 AM
That Cardinals/Packers game was epic in last season's playoffs.

They are definitely gonna be a contender for quite some time with Rodgers.don't mention the Cardinals, I'm seriously really starting to miss Kurt, I'm going to have to go to youtube now...I've been a huge Warner fan since I was a kid, I rooted for the Rams also just because of him, the Rams held training camp at WIU in Macomb when he was on the team, my dad is an alum there(I go there now, but not back then of course) and its only an hour away, so we would go to training camp every year...I got his autograph several times, he signed his book for me also...I also have a signed photo of me and him when I was about 11 or 12, great memories

He's an awesome guy also, very down to earth, Faulk would only sign autographs a couple days out of all of training camp, he would walk by the line of fans with a towel over his head ignoring everyone...Kurt would sign every single autograph for both practices, he would even head out to practice early and sign as well...he really appreciated the fans and he was very friendly...I look forward to seeing his HOF induction in the futre....I'd also like to see him do analyst work possibly, I think he would make a great coach as well one day

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:33 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him get into coaching a few years down the road though...

Historically, players that have as much natural talent as Brett are not the best coaches on a pro-level. They sometimes have problems when they have to deal with players just aren't as gifted as they were when they played.

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Historically, players that have as much natural talent as Brett are not the best coaches on a pro-level. They sometimes have problems when they have to deal with players just aren't as gifted as they were when they played.
true, but you always see the videos of him throwing with high school and college aged kids, so I figured the possibility was there

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:39 AM
true, but you always see the videos of him throwing with high school and college aged kids, so I figured the possibility was there

Oh, it totally could be, but kids are different and you have different level of expectation at that level. When it comes to the pros, coaches expect a lot more out of their guys and it can be hard if the guy you are coaching just doesn't have the "It" factor like you did.

matthughesfan21
08-05-2010, 07:44 AM
Oh, it totally could be, but kids are different and you have different level of expectation at that level. When it comes to the pros, coaches expect a lot more out of their guys and it can be hard if the guy you are coaching just doesn't have the "It" factor like you did.i meant start coaching high school or college and if he liked it and was good, maybe then he could progress to the pros, shouldn't get fast tracked straight to the NFL, coaching isn't an easy thing to do, he would need experience first

J.B.
08-05-2010, 07:53 AM
i meant start coaching high school or college and if he liked it and was good, maybe then he could progress to the pros, shouldn't get fast tracked straight to the NFL, coaching isn't an easy thing to do, he would need experience first

Yeah, that is one route to take, but he has been in the league for 19 years. If he really were to want to be a pro coach, I would think he would probably start off as a QB coach for a pro team and then work into being an assistant, then ultimately a head coach.

rockdawg21
08-17-2010, 09:20 PM
UPDATE

Favre just landed in Minnesota. He's playing.

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819d2d99/article/favre-lands-in-minnesota-expected-to-rejoin-vikings

Miss Foxy
08-17-2010, 09:52 PM
UPDATE

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d819d2d99/article/favre-lands-in-minnesota-expected-to-rejoin-vikings

Good news for Bonnie and Flo... :) However......:wacko: lol..

logrus
08-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Geez,

J.B.
08-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Geez,

http://firsthour.net/screenshots/mutant-league-football/mutant-league-football-robber-interception.png

flo
08-17-2010, 11:03 PM
UPDATE

Woohoo! Football will be good this year!

:happydancing:

C'mon Miss Foxy, jump on the Brett bandwagon!

Bonnie
08-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Good news for Bonnie and Flo... :)

:happy:

Bonnie
08-18-2010, 12:24 AM
http://firsthour.net/screenshots/mutant-league-football/mutant-league-football-robber-interception.png

Now, JB, don't be that way. :laugh:

What did you post? I just see a "x". Was it that cute kitten that's smilin' real pretty? :laugh:

J.B.
08-18-2010, 03:25 AM
Now, JB, don't be that way. :laugh:

What did you post? I just see a "x". Was it that cute kitten that's smilin' real pretty? :laugh:

It's a picture from an old video game that just says "Interception"....:laugh:

You really can't see it? :unsure-1:

Because I can see it fine, and I even cleared my cache....:ninja:

flo
08-18-2010, 05:49 AM
I can't see it either, Bonnie, I think JB's trying to pull a fast one...

:wink:

Bonnie
08-18-2010, 05:54 AM
I can't see it either, Bonnie, I think JB's trying to pull a fast one...

:wink:

Oh, good flo, I thought maybe something was wrong with my computer. :laugh:

J.B.
08-18-2010, 06:07 AM
LOL....a "fast one"...in a Favre-Thread....that's rich....:laugh:

I am serious... I don't know why you can't see it, but I will post another picture....(which I hope you can see):wink:

http://www.lugaluda.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/brett-favre.jpg

I got that picture from Marty McFly and he confirmed that it's a picture from Favre's retirement speech after the Vikings go 9-7 this year and miss the playoffs after he throws another pick at the last second. :laugh:

Bonnie
08-18-2010, 06:28 AM

I am serious... I don't know why you can't see it, but I will post another picture....(which I hope you can see):wink:

I got that picture from Marty McFly and he confirmed that it's a picture from Favre's retirement speech after the Vikings go 9-7 this year and miss the playoffs after he throws another pick at the last second. :laugh:

Nope, can't see it, can you flo?

Just kidding! :laugh:

I can see this one, JB, although I could have done without the "commentary". But go ahead, get it all out of your system before the season starts. :laugh:

J.B.
08-18-2010, 06:40 AM
I can see this one, JB, although I could have done without the "commentary". But go ahead, get it all out of your system before the season starts. :laugh:

The commentary is what drives the picture! :laugh:

Okay, let's be serious....now that we know Favre is back....How many games will the Vikings win?

I say 10 or under....but that's just me and I could totally be wrong.

matthughesfan21
08-18-2010, 05:35 PM
The commentary is what drives the picture! :laugh:

Okay, let's be serious....now that we know Favre is back....How many games will the Vikings win?

I say 10 or under....but that's just me and I could totally be wrong.11 but lose when it matters most(NFC Championship)

flo
08-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Nope, I can't see it either, Bonnie...

:cool:

flo
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM
But go ahead, get it all out of your system before the season starts. :laugh:

tee hee

logrus
08-18-2010, 07:02 PM

Ha, in Madden they did go 9-7 and didnt make the playoffs, I bet my late interception with the Pack had something to do with it.

J.B.
08-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Okay, Bonnie and Flo...

I have a serious bone to pick with your boy Brett...

Yesterday during practice, Percy Harvin collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital.

Reports are that Brad Childress was going to call off practice but Favre insisted they run a little longer, and Childress gave in.

That is beyond comprehension to me. First of all, the Coach is supposed to be in charge. Second, Brett should have shown more respect to Percy and not insisted that they keep practicing just because he decided to come to training camp 3 weeks late.

Favre, I am disappoint. :wacko:

Bonnie
08-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Okay, Bonnie and Flo...

I have a serious bone to pick with your boy Brett...

Yesterday during practice, Percy Harvin collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital.

Reports are that Brad Childress was going to call off practice but Favre insisted they run a little longer, and Childress gave in.

That is beyond comprehension to me. First of all, the Coach is supposed to be in charge. Second, Brett should have shown more respect to Percy and not insisted that they keep practicing just because he decided to come to training camp 3 weeks late.

Favre, I am disappoint. :wacko:

Oh, that's terrible about Harvin; do we know what happened--heat stroke? :unsure-1:

I can't argue with that, JB. The coach should be the one in charge. So why isn't he? Why are they letting Brett come to camp 3 weeks late? Why have they let him get away with this on again/off again crap. Because I do admit, it's crap and not fair to his team.

Maybe it's a case of them reporting something (slanting) in a way to make Brett look bad, JB. You think? :unsure: I hope that's the case and Brett wasn't so unfeeling and disrespectful to his downed team mate.

J.B.
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh, that's terrible about Harvin; do we know what happened--heat stroke? :unsure-1:

I can't argue with that, JB. The coach should be the one in charge. So why isn't he? Why are they letting Brett come to camp 3 weeks late? Why have they let him get away with this on again/off again crap. Because I do admit, it's crap and not fair to his team.

Maybe it's a case of them reporting something (slanting) in a way to make Brett look bad, JB. You think? :unsure: I hope that's the case and Brett wasn't so unfeeling and disrespectful to his downed team mate.

Heat stroke would be the first logical guess, but actually Harvin has issues with severe migraines, and I mean BAD. I wouldn't be surprised if the migraines are the downfall of his football career. He is supposedly doing better today, so I will be praying for him.

I'm not too sure it's a case of slanted reporting, because its actually coming from a few different sources close to the team that players are starting lose respect for Childress over all the special exceptions given to Favre. We could see a locker room disaster in Minnesota this season...:unsure-1:

At the same time, I doubt Brett MEANT it as a slight to Percy, but he should know better.

J.B.
08-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh, before I have to run out, I want to answer one last question of yours that I overlooked Bonnie...

Why isn't Childress calling the shots?

Because Favre is the one throwing the ball. :laugh:

Brett doesn't respect Childress or his offensive strategies, we saw that last season, and fans don't buy "Brad Childress" jerseys...