PDA

View Full Version : Preacher plans 9/11 Quran burnings

Spiritwalker
07-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Going to be interesting to see the views on this and the public reactions.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/07/29/ricks.burn.koran.cnn?hpt=T2

Play The Man
08-01-2010, 11:16 AM
The preacher is not being helpful or smart. It would be better to read some of the indefensible passages from the Koran. Sanchez, as always, is poorly informed. He doesn't seem to be aware that Bibles are confiscated and destroyed in many Muslim countries every single day. In addition, Christians are murdered for simply printing Bibles, as was the case just a couple years ago, in Turkey, when 3 Christians were murdered at a Christian printing press.

NateR
08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
This preacher is not acting in a very intelligent manner and he is the exact type of Christian that Liberal news organizations, like CNN, love to spotlight as a "representative" of all Christians.

I love how the reporters tries to qualify himself as a follower of the "prince of peace" at the very end of the interview. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Anyways, this is the kind of thing that the media loves to blow out of proportion. Back in 2002, in Alamogordo, NM, they had a local church sponsoring a bonfire that was intended to help the members of that church eliminate anything in their life that they thought was an idol interfering with their worship of GOD. One guy decided to bring a bunch of Harry Potter books to the bonfire and suddenly the news is spreading all over the world (literally, since I had friends in England who saw reports of it on their local news) of a "Harry Potter Book Burning in Alamogordo, NM."

I was living in Alamogordo at the time and I knew several people who went to this book burning. They said it was never intended to be any kind of statement against Harry Potter books; but one guy was allowed to hijack the entire event for his personal agenda and, of course, the media took that angle and ran with it regardless of whether it represented the truth or not.

Although I do remember a group of local witches protesting outside the church and one guy made the statement that, if this church could burn Harry Potter books, then they should be allowed to burn the church. Of course, that shows just how "open minded" those Wiccans are. They were talking about responding to an act of free speech with a criminal act of arson. :rolleyes:

Tyburn
08-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Its disgraceful.

All that will do is make them even more defient in their beliefs.

I personally think that they should hold a Big service of remembrance in all the local Cathedrals and culminate in a large Stree procession from the Cathedral to the site of the WTC...they could make it eccumenical for any denomination....do you realize there are I think at least SEVEN Cathedrals within whats classified as Manhatten :huh:

There is Saint Patricks Cathedral, and Old Saint Patricks Cathedral, which I think are Roman Catholic. There is The Cathedral Church of Saint John The Divine, Saint Thomas Fifth Avenue, Saint Sava (Russian Orthodox) and Grace Church of the Episcopalians

What they really want to do is actually get as many in the city as possible to join in, and bring New York to a complete standstill whilst they all process from however far away they have come (within the city obviously) They should process on the roads, and the police should shut the roads one by one as the pass by. If I was them...I wouldnt be singing or chanting...I would walk in complete silence....and I would do it ON the day, even, especially if not a Sunday...I would do it around the time as well...make that City stop in its tracks, in morning rush hour, to contemplate the tenth anniversary of such a foul attack, the likes of which have never been witnessed on the earth before (at least not in that manner)

That would have an impact. You know, if they could arrange for other Churches perhaps to arrive by busses in a park at the top of the penninsular and to walk from their, all the better. You would ideally want it so that there were so many people, the site would be packed, and the roads around the centre would have to remain closed for the entire service simply because the people could not fit into the site

But they wont, they wont do anything like that in reality. I think the best you can hope for is a Service in Washington National, which Obama is likely to ruin in some way :sad:

logrus
08-01-2010, 11:55 PM
This preacher is not acting in a very intelligent manner and he is the exact type of Christian that Liberal news organizations, like CNN, love to spotlight as a "representative" of all Christians.

I love how the reporters tries to qualify himself as a follower of the "prince of peace" at the very end of the interview. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Anyways, this is the kind of thing that the media loves to blow out of proportion. Back in 2002, in Alamogordo, NM, they had a local church sponsoring a bonfire that was intended to help the members of that church eliminate anything in their life that they thought was an idol interfering with their worship of GOD. One guy decided to bring a bunch of Harry Potter books to the bonfire and suddenly the news is spreading all over the world (literally, since I had friends in England who saw reports of it on their local news) of a "Harry Potter Book Burning in Alamogordo, NM."

I was living in Alamogordo at the time and I knew several people who went to this book burning. They said it was never intended to be any kind of statement against Harry Potter books; but one guy was allowed to hijack the entire event for his personal agenda and, of course, the media took that angle and ran with it regardless of whether it represented the truth or not.

Although I do remember a group of local witches protesting outside the church and one guy made the statement that, if this church could burn Harry Potter books, then they should be allowed to burn the church. Of course, that shows just how "open minded" those Wiccans are. They were talking about responding to an act of free speech with a criminal act of arson. :rolleyes:

I heard this on Fox NEws, I thought they were anti liberal.

Besides Nate you Christians are always bullying us Catholics around.. :tongue0011: