PDA

View Full Version : UFC 117 Forum Gathering

VCURamFan
07-23-2010, 09:40 PM
OK, so according to the "Who's Going" thread, we've got a fair number of forumites attending the fights:

Atomdanger
lc87
lyndsey823 (maybe)
huan (& friends)
Mark
philips4
Silverback (I think)
Boomer (even though he's not officially weighed in, I'm assuming that since Matt's fighting & the world hasn't ended, Boomer will also be there :laugh:)
Mark brought up the idea of a meet-up over the weekend, which I think is a great idea. We can go a few different routes: lock in everyone's schedule before hand & set up a pre-party time, or else just say "everyone meet outside after the fights & let's get drinks!". What say ye?

TexasRN
07-23-2010, 09:44 PM
I can't go so I vote no to everything. :laugh:

Not really, I hope everyone has a great time. I can't wait to see the pictures and read the Tales.

~Amy

VCURamFan
07-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I can't go so I vote no to everything. :laugh:

Not really, I hope everyone has a great time. I can't wait to see the pictures and read the Tales.

~Amy
Agreed. I'll take lots & lots of awesome photos! :happydancing:

. . . and then wait 6 months to upload them :frantics: :ninja:

J.B.
07-23-2010, 10:42 PM
It sucks for me, because I REALLY want to go, and it's not a very far trip to oak-town, but working as DJ doesn't leave me very many open weekends, and even when I have one, I am usually trying to book it so I can make more money.

I don't think I even broke 20 concerts or major sporting events in 2009, and this year it's under 10, which is a pretty pathetic year for me. :sad:

VCURamFan
07-23-2010, 10:51 PM
It sucks for me, because I REALLY want to go, and it's not a very far trip to oak-town, but working as DJ doesn't leave me very many open weekends, and even when I have one, I am usually trying to book it so I can make more money.

I don't think I even broke 20 concerts or major sporting events in 2009, and this year it's under 10, which is a pretty pathetic year for me. :sad:
Sorry, man. When huan said he was coming, I was hoping you' pull a Marty McFly & just hold his bumper through the desert!

Llamafighter
07-23-2010, 10:57 PM
OK, so according to the "Who's Going" thread, we've got a fair number of forumites attending the fights:

Atomdanger
lc87
lyndsey823 (maybe)
huan (& friends)
Mark
philips4
Silverback (I think)
Boomer (even though he's not officially weighed in, I'm assuming that since Matt's fighting & the world hasn't ended, Boomer will also be there :laugh:)
Mark brought up the idea of a meet-up over the weekend, which I think is a great idea. We can go a few different routes: lock in everyone's schedule before hand & set up a pre-party time, or else just say "everyone meet outside after the fights & let's get drinks!". What say ye?

you should probably add yourself to the list...:laugh:

J.B.
07-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Sorry, man. When huan said he was coming, I was hoping you' pull a Marty McFly & just hold his bumper through the desert!

We would end up back in 1955 with who I picture Buzzard looking like...

http://www.shadsandcliff.com/doc6.jpg

VCURamFan
07-24-2010, 02:36 AM
We would end up back in 1955 with who I picture Buzzard looking like...

http://www.shadsandcliff.com/doc6.jpg
:happy0198:

VCURamFan
07-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Soooooooo . . . no one wants to hang out? :blink:

MattHughesRocks
07-28-2010, 05:11 PM
You'll see me at some point in time :)

VCURamFan
07-28-2010, 05:13 PM
You'll see me at some point in time :)
Cool! :happydancing:

Jeff Crow
07-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I was going to go but I waited too long to get a good deal on a plane ticket. On top of that I haven't even looked at ticket prices yet although they are much more worth the money than the plane ticket. Unless you have a great ticket and no way to get there of course...then it's not worth much:laugh:

VCURamFan
07-28-2010, 07:18 PM
I was going to go but I waited too long to get a good deal on a plane ticket. On top of that I haven't even looked at ticket prices yet although they are much more worth the money than the plane ticket. Unless you have a great ticket and no way to get there of course...then it's not worth much:laugh:
Yeah, I didn't find out I was going until last week & round-trip airfare ist costing me about $630. :frantics:

huan
07-29-2010, 05:14 AM
I'm in

Silverback
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
You going to pick a spot or we can decide when everyone gets out there?

MattHughesRocks
07-29-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm working on it.Seems not too many people ( ok so I havent found a single one:laugh:) GO to Oakland for anything other then to leave :unsure-1:

You going to pick a spot or we can decide when everyone gets out there?

VCURamFan
07-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm working on it.Seems not too many people ( ok so I havent found a single one:laugh:) GO to Oakland for anything other then to leave :unsure-1:
Hahahaha.

Just be aware that Boomer likes Karaoke! :happydancing:

TexasRN
07-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Hahahaha.

Oh, she knows.

~Amy

MattHughesRocks
07-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Oaktown and karaoke...I doubt it :laugh:

Hahahaha.

VCURamFan
07-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Oaktown and karaoke...I doubt it :laugh:
OK, well maybe it'll just be a very select portion of karaoke.

Think Rock Band: Ganstuh Thug Edition. :happydancing:

MattHughesRocks
07-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I happened to drive through Oakland today on the way to a friends house....saw this :w00t:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/skysrock/Rio%20Vista/RioVista070.jpg

Bonnie
07-30-2010, 06:29 AM
It doesn't look very big for a UFC event. :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
07-30-2010, 06:34 AM
It holds almost 20,000.

Bonnie
07-30-2010, 06:41 AM
It holds almost 20,000.

This card has Matt and Anderson on it.... Don't these events normally have double that or more attend? :unsure-1:

MattHughesRocks
07-30-2010, 06:48 AM
No, this is the average size of this type of venue. They don't even come that much bigger, at least very few are, and I'm talking about in the country not just the by area.
Sheesh, what do you want girl?:laugh:

This card has Matt and Anderson on it.... Don't these events normally have double that or more attend? :unsure-1:

Bonnie
07-30-2010, 06:56 AM
No, this is the average size of this type of venue. They don't even come that much bigger, at least very few are, and I'm talking about in the country not just the by area.
Sheesh, what do you want girl?:laugh:

Sorry. :ashamed:

:laugh:

Hey, Michelle, be sure and wave to us when the camera pans to ya. You'll be on the big jumbotron too! I'm gonna put you on dvd. :laugh:

MattHughesRocks
07-30-2010, 03:27 PM
If someone said I had to be on TV if I went, I wouldn't go. Needless to say, I won't be doing anything to be on it.

Sorry. :ashamed:

:laugh:

Hey, Michelle, be sure and wave to us when the camera pans to ya. You'll be on the big jumbotron too! I'm gonna put you on dvd. :laugh:

VCURamFan
08-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm sitting in section 228, Row 10, seat 26. Feel free to come find me if any of you wanna face-to-face. I figure we're all stuck in the same building for about 6hrs anyhow!