PDA

View Full Version : 2009 CRASH

CAVEMAN
02-25-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't agree with everything GB says, but he does have a point here.....

Where does the madness stop? See link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEe0Ai6lTM

CAVEMAN
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
WOW......crickets........no replies:laugh:

Crisco
02-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Can't view youtube at work. What happened?

CAVEMAN
02-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Basically, Glenn Beck reviews just how much money the Federal Reserve has printed up in the last few months and how it is devaluing our money. But yet some how we are going to get this economy going again......

If you get a chance after work, you should watch the vid.

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Basically, Glenn Beck reviews just how much money the Federal Reserve has printed up in the last few months and how it is devaluing our money. But yet some how we are going to get this economy going again......

If you get a chance after work, you should watch the vid.Is this the "Hockey Stick" segment he did with the scissor lift?

Crisco
02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
This country is F-d no matter what happens or who is President. The economy will have to adapt and fix itself in the end. The best we can hope for is no terrorist attacks.

VCURamFan
02-25-2009, 08:03 PM
The economy was doing a fine job of self-correcting & adjusting until a) The federal housing "fix" hit; and b) the government starting trying to "help".

See, the beauty of a capitalist system is that it takes care of itself. Yes, there will be recessions, but they don't turn into depressions unless someone does something to exacerbate the situation.

In the 1930s it was a combo of a natural recession, the dust bowl & the lack of able bodied men (since so many of them had died in WWI).

Now it's a combo of a natural recession, Fannie May, & the Stimulus Bill.

NateR
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM

If you get a chance after work, you should watch the vid.

I watched this video a couple of weeks ago and talked about this in another thread:

Back to the hyperinflation, when Germany started printing money out of control, prices skyrocketed to unbelievable levels almost overnight.

This is a 50 Mark note, which could buy 25 loaves of bread in 1920 (equivalent to our dollar, bread is about $2 a loaf right now).
http://www.romanbritain.freeserve.co.uk/hyperinflation_files/image007.jpg

This is a 5,000,000,000 Mark note (that's 5 billion). In November 1923, you would have needed 40 of these to buy a single loaf of bread (equivalent to $90 billion for one loaf of bread).
http://www.romanbritain.freeserve.co.uk/hyperinflation_files/image011.jpg

Within hours, you would have needed 80 of these to buy half a loaf of bread. That's how quickly it can all fall apart.

There were many factors that played into the collapse of the German economy, but the basic premise is sound: If you print too much worthless money, eventually ALL of your money becomes worthless.

But it's not all bad, you can always use the worthless bills for wallpaper like this German in 1923:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104%2C_Inflation%2C_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen. jpg/250px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104%2C_Inflation%2C_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen. jpg

And the street sweepers will have plenty of work to do, like this Hungarian whose country suffered from hyperinflation in 1946.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Inflació_utan_1946.jpg

CAVEMAN
02-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Is this the "Hockey Stick" segment he did with the scissor lift?

Yes!

CAVEMAN
02-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I watched this video a couple of weeks ago and talked about this in another thread:

But it's not all bad, you can always use the worthless bills for wallpaper like this German in 1923:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104%2C_Inflation%2C_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen. jpg/250px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-00104%2C_Inflation%2C_Tapezieren_mit_Geldscheinen. jpg

And the street sweepers will have plenty of work to do, like this Hungarian whose country suffered from hyperinflation in 1946.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0e/Inflació_utan_1946.jpg

I did not catch that one! Scary, isn't it?

NateR
02-25-2009, 10:05 PM
I did not catch that one! Scary, isn't it?

What's really scary is reading some of the comments on that YouTube video. Some people just have no clue whatsoever how the monetary system works. If your money is not backed up by something real, like gold or silver, then the only thing giving it value is the "good name" of the government that is printing it.

President Obama has already spent 36 billion dollars for every day he's been in office (likely the most fiscally irresponsible act in US history). How long is our "good name" as a nation going to last?

People don't think it can happen in America, but that kind of attitude is what guarantees that it WILL happen.

Tyburn
02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
It might stabalize the econony, but IMHO its a BIG risk...if it goes wrong, then you get the hyper inflation

mindue...your country already suffers from paper overload...whose clever idea was it to print dollar bills!! Thats what coinage is for...soooo when I visited the US...I came back with a BROKEN wallet because the seams had burst with me trying to cram in a stupid ammount of notes :angry:

:laugh:

CAVEMAN
02-25-2009, 11:01 PM
What's really scary is reading some of the comments on that YouTube video. Some people just have no clue whatsoever how the monetary system works. If your money is not backed up by something real, like gold or silver, then the only thing giving it value is the "good name" of the government that is printing it.

President Obama has already spent 36 billion dollars for every day he's been in office (likely the most fiscally irresponsible act in US history). How long is our "good name" as a nation going to last?

People don't think it can happen in America, but that kind of attitude is what guarantees that it WILL happen.

Yes and on top of that, we have become so dependent on foreign goods that it will be a matter of time before the rest of the world tell us "your money is no longer good here". THAT or they'll triple or quadruple the price of anything we buy.

I heard that Obama says he would like to cut the deficit in half by 2013.....I would like to hear how he is going to do it!

NateR
02-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I heard that Obama says he would like to cut the deficit in half by 2013.....I would like to hear how he is going to do it!

Raise taxes of course. However, I don't think Obama is a "tax and spend" liberal. He's a "spend, then tax" liberal. :laugh:

CAVEMAN
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Raise taxes of course. However, I don't think Obama is a "tax and spend" liberal. He's a "spend, then tax" liberal. :laugh:

:laugh: You hit the nail on the head! I don't want to be "dooms day" type person, but doesn't it make you want to start stock piling food, guns, ammo, the whole bit?

That or start praying the LORD will no longer tarry!