PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with an iPhone 4??

lyndsey823
07-15-2010, 06:58 AM
I just got mine today after waiting a month, ugh. So I was super excited to start using it, the apple store online said all I had to do was plug it into iTunes and it would automatically activate my cell account to the new phone from my 3G. Well everything transfered over but it still hasn't activated it. I'm still using the 3G. Am I doing something wrong, missing something here? I am so frustrated and if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it before this phone ends up in the trash :punch:

County Mike
07-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Sorry I can't help. My buddy got one the day it was released. He stood in line with the rest of the nerds. I have Verizon so I'm thinking about the Droid Incredible.

logrus
07-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I just got mine today after waiting a month, ugh. So I was super excited to start using it, the apple store online said all I had to do was plug it into iTunes and it would automatically activate my cell account to the new phone from my 3G. Well everything transfered over but it still hasn't activated it. I'm still using the 3G. Am I doing something wrong, missing something here? I am so frustrated and if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it before this phone ends up in the trash :punch:

Send me the 3G when you get ti working, best bet is to call the place or stop in to a store and they should be able to do it.

Sorry I can't help. My buddy got one the day it was released. He stood in line with the rest of the nerds. I have Verizon so I'm thinking about the Droid Incredible.

Verizon loved to triple charge me every month or charge me for services I didnt have or were free. Every mont I had to sit at the desk and go over the bill and high light all the charges I shouldnt have been charged...

Sad cause I am a fan of teh Droids.

lyndsey823
07-16-2010, 12:57 AM

Yeah I ordered it the first day it went on presale, and so did my cousin. He got his a day early and I got mine yesterday, lol. I would never, ever stand in line to get a phone, come on people. I've heard lots of good things about the Droids, but I have never actually seen one lol.

lyndsey823
07-16-2010, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=logrus;125633]Send me the 3G when you get ti working, best bet is to call the place or stop in to a store and they should be able to do it.

The 3G is cracked because for the first time in the 2 years I've had it, I dropped it on Monday. It's not bad just annoyed me so much!

Yeah the lady at the AT&T store was ZERO help, so I came home and was on the phone for an hour to get the thing activated. Haven't had much time to mess with it. It's basically my 3G with silver sides and now I can take video. We'll see though.

Neezar
07-16-2010, 03:00 AM

Everyone at work is getting the Droid and lovin' it.

philips4
07-16-2010, 04:09 AM

I've had the Droid since it came out and I LOVE it!! My friend has the incredible and likes it too! No problems so far, you will enjoy!

County Mike
07-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I lost my golf GPS on the course yesterday. Now I guess I'll HAVE to buy the droid and download the golf GPS app.

Neezar
07-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I lost my golf GPS on the course yesterday. Now I guess I'll HAVE to buy the droid and download the golf GPS app.
How convenient. :Whistle:

logrus
07-16-2010, 03:21 PM
I left my golf GPS on the course yesterday. Now I guess I'll HAVE to buy the droid and download the golf GPS app.

fixed it...

Miss Foxy
07-16-2010, 03:50 PM
No I sure don't.. I stick to blackberry.. I had some ghetto flip phone for a few months after breaking 3 blackberrys within 12 months?!! I am really rough with my phones..:sad: I am not a fan of Apple products.. I don't even have an ipod I have a zune and a sony mp3..

County Mike
07-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Really did lose it accidenatlly. Was coming up the 18th hole and went to check my distance, only to realize my GPS was no longer in the cup holder. We went back several holes checking anywhere I might have set it down or where it might have fallen out of the cart but no luck.

On a side note: The Droid application does so much more than the unit I lost.

Neezar
07-16-2010, 05:25 PM
Really did lose it accidenatlly. Was coming up the 18th hole and went to check my distance, only to realize my GPS was no longer in the cup holder. We went back several holes checking anywhere I might have set it down or where it might have fallen out of the cart but no luck.

On a side note: The Droid application does so much more than the unit I lost.

Of course! Of course! It would be crazy not to get the Droid since you have to get a new one anyway!

County Mike
07-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Of course! Of course! It would be crazy not to get the Droid since you have to get a new one anyway!

Exactly. I can't afford NOT to get one.

Bonnie
07-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Lyndsey, I just saw on our local news about the iP4--people losing their calls 'cause the antenna is built into the band/rim of the phone where people tend to hold it so it blocks the signal. I think they said Apple is giving out a cover that snaps into place; that's supposed to help with this problem.

I saw yesterday where Whoopi Goldberg said she got so frustrated with it she threw hers out the car. I guess she should have waited another day to hear about this cover. Now she doesn't have a phone. :laugh:

I bet she's really ticked off now. :laugh:

lyndsey823
07-17-2010, 08:13 AM
Lyndsey, I just saw on our local news about the iP4--people losing their calls 'cause the antenna is built into the band/rim of the phone where people tend to hold it so it blocks the signal. I think they said Apple is giving out a cover that snaps into place; that's supposed to help with this problem.

I saw yesterday where Whoopi Goldberg said she got so frustrated with it she threw hers out the car. I guess she should have waited another day to hear about this cover. Now she doesn't have a phone. :laugh:

I bet she's really ticked off now. :laugh:

yeah i've heard about all the problems people have been having with them. but other than it not activating it has been fine. basically it's the 3G or 3GS with silver sides, lol. i like the video and the picture quality is really nice. it's super sensitive though so if i graze the send button on accident it will send a text mid sentence. lol but that is probably more my fault.

so far not exactly impressed. i really don't see what the hype was all about. i was overdue for an upgrade anyway and figured i would stay with what i knew lol. but i am excited about getting the free cover though, i like free stuff.

now someone just needs to get one so i can video chat with them. that was one of their big selling points of it, but no one i know has one!! lol useless to me :)

County Mike
07-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Went in to get the Droid Incredible - ordered the Droid X instead. (Both are backordered and have to be ordered, can't just walk out with it). The X has a bigger screen and an HDMI output. SWEET! Probably be a week or two before I get it though.

County Mike
07-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Haha. The golf course just called me. Someone found my GPS and turned it in.

Oh well. The Droid has already been ordered. :)

philips4
07-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Went in to get the Droid Incredible - ordered the Droid X instead. (Both are backordered and have to be ordered, can't just walk out with it). The X has a bigger screen and an HDMI output. SWEET! Probably be a week or two before I get it though.

Now I have Droid envy.... I have the original, don't get me wrong, I LOVE it...but a new shiny one?! Ahhhh :rolleyes:

Bonnie
07-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Now I have Droid envy.... I have the original, don't get me wrong, I LOVE it...but a new shiny one?! Ahhhh :rolleyes:

Just take it to the golf course and lose it....just hide it better than Mike did. :laugh:

lyndsey823
07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
the more i use this phone, the more i realize it is just like my 3G. just with a better screen and i can take video now, so i really don't see what the fuss was about. i've had to restore the settings twice, and the customer service at apple just sucks. oh well, good thing i only paid the $199 for it.

logrus
07-18-2010, 11:18 PM
the more i use this phone, the more i realize it is just like my 3G. just with a better screen and i can take video now, so i really don't see what the fuss was about. i've had to restore the settings twice, and the customer service at apple just sucks. oh well, good thing i only paid the $199 for it.

Yeah I heard from a bunch of people about fixing things made by Apple, its like they refuse to acknowledge their product went bad...