PDA

View Full Version : "He's kind of boring"--Rampage on Machida

Hughes_GOAT
02-25-2009, 03:41 AM
http://urdirt.com/2009/02/24/pot-shot-hes-kind-of-boring-rampage-on-machida/

“Lyoto is a weird fighter,” Jackson said. “He’s kind of boring. I think that style works for him, the way he makes people run after him. I mean, he’s good, he’s undefeated, but he’s boring. If I was the promoter of a show I wouldn’t have guys like that fighting on my show.”

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 04:51 AM

“Lyoto is a weird fighter,” Jackson said. “He’s kind of boring. I think that style works for him, the way he makes people run after him. I mean, he’s good, he’s undefeated, but he’s boring. If I was the promoter of a show I wouldn’t have guys like that fighting on my show.”

That's what fear sounds like. :laugh:

Hughes_GOAT
02-25-2009, 04:53 AM
i have a different definition of boring, Rampage....LOL

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 04:57 AM
i have a different definition of boring, Rampage....LOL

Ditto!

billwilliams70
02-25-2009, 05:20 AM

Rampage is right though, when it all boils down to it.

If Machida were 14-0 with 14 KOs, Dana White would be all over his jock, but that's not the case because he's an unorthodox fighter.

Rampage is conducting a little damage control. I'm sure he reads/hears stuff regarding Machida being more deserving of a title shot than he, so he's trying to downplay it.

Just my two lincolns.

Later.

KENTUCKYREDBONE
02-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Since it works for him I'd say he's earned his spot! Thankfully it ain't Rampage's call!

County Mike
02-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Rampage is right. He wins. His method is effective. Except for his last fight, he's been boring.

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I actually find his style pretty exciting to watch. He makes good fighters look careless. I think he's fully transitioned into the octagon and I think we're going to see more of his fights looking like the Silva fight.

rockdawg21
02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Rampage is right. He wins. His method is effective. Except for his last fight, he's been boring.
I agree, it was nice to see him show some offense instead of running. If he were to fight like that always, I'd be all for it.

billwilliams70
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree, it was nice to see him show some offense instead of running. If he were to fight like that always, I'd be all for it.
I thought it was funny the way the ref acted after the horn sounded. He didn't even know that Thiago Silva was out.

Later.

cds
02-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I think Machida is the only MMA fighter in the UFC that can match or even exceed Anderson Silva's natural ability.

After the Silva fight, I think people are starting to realize this. He is so talented that he makes other world class MMA fighters look like amateurs....the only other person Ive seen do this is Anderson.....and yes I know they are both in different weight classes....For now!

Lyoto vs Anderson....now that would be a crazy fight.

Jason 16
02-25-2009, 11:34 PM
I think Machida is the only MMA fighter in the UFC that can match or even exceed Anderson Silva's natural ability.

After the Silva fight, I think people are starting to realize this. He is so talented that he makes other world class MMA fighters look like amateurs....the only other person Ive seen do this is Anderson.....and yes I know they are both in different weight classes....For now!

I say lyoto might have a better ground game and could be stronger

Hughes_GOAT
02-25-2009, 11:49 PM

well, they train together and are best friends. Silva has already said that 205 is Lyoto's division and he'll stay at 185.

bj44
02-26-2009, 12:54 AM
the only machida fight that was boring was the nakamura fight. Ive been entertained by all his other ones

edit- Thae david heath fight was kind boring too

Spiritwalker
02-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Lyoto is crazy fun to watch in my book. His foot work is incredible. Few wasted shots.

His style can easily be defined as "boring" and "running" to those not in the know.

Lyoto is a purest that makes it work. When 'Page and Lyoto meet (and it's bound to happen), I bet 'Page shoots in and works a ground game.. Which will be even worse.

I would love to see Chuck and Lyoto go at it. That would be a technical fight!!

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 02:06 AM
Lyoto is crazy fun to watch in my book. His foot work is incredible. Few wasted shots.

His style can easily be defined as "boring" and "running" to those not in the know.

Lyoto is a purest that makes it work. When 'Page and Lyoto meet (and it's bound to happen), I bet 'Page shoots in and works a ground game.. Which will be even worse.

I would love to see Chuck and Lyoto go at it. That would be a technical fight!!
YES!! his footwork is incredible!! Pagewon't be able to hang. I think the UFC knows he'll be the 205 champ and is just hoping to build the nest for him to be a popular one.
BJ44 I totally agree with your comments too!

rearnakedchoke
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
the only machida fight that was boring was the nakamura fight. Ive been entertained by all his other ones

edit- Thae david heath fight was kind boring too

i thought the hoger fight was boring too and the first 2 rounds of the tito fight .. sure he is boring, but he gets the job done .... if he can't be the champ being bored, sure it sucks for people who hate watching him, but the way he is fighting gets the job done

TheConcretekid
02-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Its all mind games, Lyoto (of whom I am not a huge fan) has found a game plan that works. Rampage is trying to get into his head and get him off his game. He's trying to get Lyoto to think:
"Boring!? I'll show him boring! I just had a 1st round KO! I have knock out power! If/when I fight Rampage I'm going to stand toe to toe with him and show him how boring I can be!"
In which case Rampage goes all Rampage-like and breaks his face.

County Mike
02-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Its all mind games, Lyoto (of whom I am not a huge fan) has found a game plan that works. Rampage is trying to get into his head and get him off his game. He's trying to get Lyoto to think:
"Boring!? I'll show him boring! I just had a 1st round KO! I have knock out power! If/when I fight Rampage I'm going to stand toe to toe with him and show him how boring I can be!"
In which case Rampage goes all Rampage-like and breaks his face.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

lc87
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Machida doesn't have a real quality win to put him into title contention though. His biggest win in the ufc was tito. And in my books that's not very high anymore

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Machida doesn't have a real quality win to put him into title contention though. His biggest win in the ufc was tito. And in my books that's not very high anymore

I think the number of wins (and lack of losses) holds it's own. As Koschek proved for us anyone can be a threat in the UFC.

cds
02-26-2009, 05:24 PM

:blink: :blink: ......what are you smoking, and whatever it is Ill take 10.

Quality wins.....you do realize that Thiago Silva was a wrecking machine(the guy was an animal).

Machida knocked out Franklin in the second round......no one has done that except for Silva.

lc87
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
I guess that's true but if he hasn't faced top competition he should need one big win first. Maybe forrest or franklin or verra even just a win over someone top tier.

Hughes_GOAT
02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Anderson got a title shot after beating Leben...1 fight LOL. Machida will get his shot, they can only deny him for so long. then he'll beat whoever has the title....Page, Sugar, Shogun, etc.

cds
02-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Anderson got a title shot after beating Leben...1 fight LOL. Machida will get his shot, they can only deny him for so long. then he'll beat whoever has the title....Page, Sugar, Shogun, etc.

Here Here...... As long as Machida keeps his head on straight, I dont really see anyone in LHW that is going to give him any major problems....the guy was born to fight!

Poetry in motion I tell ya. .....and ya I sound like a bias fan, but I tell ya when I watch him fight, some of the stuff he does just gives me goose bumps....like I just watched a movie fight scene that was choreographed and rehearsed.....yet the guy just comes up with it on the fly, and against world class fighters.

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Here Here...... As long as Machida keeps his head on straight, I dont really see anyone in LHW that is going to give him any major problems....the guy was born to fight!

Poetry in motion I tell ya. .....and ya I sound like a bias fan, but I tell ya when I watch him fight, some of the stuff he does just gives me goose bumps....like I just watched a movie fight scene that was choreographed and rehearsed.....yet the guy just comes up with it on the fly, and against world class fighters.

:rockon:

Llamafighter
02-26-2009, 07:36 PM

:sign0011: