PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rev
06-27-2010, 03:53 AM
Fedor who?!?!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 03:55 AM
What does that mean, Fedor lost? :unsure-1:

KevinD
06-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Fedor who?!?!

:wink::wink:

KevinD
06-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Fedor who?!?!

You know Dana is smiling tonight....lol

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 03:59 AM
Fedor who?!?!

You're ridiculous.
1 legitimate loss???
Silva got caught , GSP got caught, Matt got caught.
Love what?? He's a good sport, doesn;t talk ****, very religious.
HOORAY HE LOST!!!
you're ridiculous.

logrus
06-27-2010, 04:00 AM
You're ridiculous.
1 legitimate loss???
HOORAY HE LOST!!!
you're ridiculous.

wow your pissed lol.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Fedor is only Human you know. He is a great sport and a great fighter. I am glad he lost but I hope it builds fire in him to prove that he was the best for a very long time. Please come to the UFC and fire your managers.

rearnakedchoke
06-27-2010, 04:02 AM
You're ridiculous.
1 legitimate loss???
HOORAY HE LOST!!!
you're ridiculous.

i agree completely ... most of the bitches in the ufc would have left, not given a post fight speech and sobbed all the way out .... and fedor says now i am paraphrasing "if one doesn't fall, he can't stand up" ... i gained more respect for him tonite ...

war fedor ...

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:02 AM
He jumped right into Werdum's guard and got caught. That's how it goes.

It's not like this changes anything in terms of his place in the sport. He's has already established himself as a legend and if he gets a rematch he will still probably considered the favorite or given at least a 50/50 shot at winning.

The people who thought Fedor was unbeatable, or think any fighter is unbeatable for that matter, are delusional fanboys.

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:05 AM
You know Dana is smiling tonight....lol

Why?

Because he's gonna come out tomorrow and say how Fedor sucks or he was exposed, or they don't want him in the UFC?

The same Dana who forced Tapout to pull their sponsorship with Fedor just a few days ago?

:rolleyes:

KevinD
06-27-2010, 04:07 AM
Why?

Because he's gonna come out tomorrow and say how Fedor sucks or he was exposed, or they don't want him in the UFC?

The same Dana who forced Tapout to pull their sponsorship with Fedor just a few days ago?

relax.....yes dana will talk smack about this. You might not like, but you will hear it.

MattHughesRocks
Tell em' Mark! FEDOR freakin' RULES AS ALWAYS :punch:

You're ridiculous.
1 legitimate loss???
HOORAY HE LOST!!!
you're ridiculous.

logrus

It's not like this changes anything in terms of his place in the sport. He's has already established himself as a legend and if he gets a rematch he will still probably considered the favorite or given at least a 50/50 shot at winning.

The people who thought Fedor was unbeatable, or think any fighter is unbeatable for that matter, are delusional fanboys.

Thats most if not all of his fans though. lol

I like Fedor, very humble when he beat Bret, very humble when he lost to Werdum.

huan
06-27-2010, 04:08 AM
I saw Fedor tap Werdum's leg once... *shrug* Still was a major mistake to just dive head first into the guard like that.

logrus
06-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Why?

Maybe when he starts smiling someone can remind Dana that Wedum was once in the UFC and he cut him...

bj44
06-27-2010, 04:09 AM
fedor lost because hes to good lol... who else would jump into werdums guard like that if he just let him up he would of knocked him out but he wanted to prove a point like he did with nog...

Winner of Brock Vs Carwin gets his number one ranking

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:10 AM
You're ridiculous.
1 legitimate loss???
HOORAY HE LOST!!!
you're ridiculous.

I don't like it when people play on the downfall of others for ridiculous reasons, but as sports fans it happens all the time.

When somebody is considered the best, there are always going to be people who want to see them lose or fail simply for that reason. Sometimes people have other reasons, but mostly it's just the arrogance of fans who want to be the ones to predict an upset, or fanboys who are miffed because their favorite fighter lost to the guy.

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:11 AM
wow your pissed lol.
Yes I am

One thing would be if a fighter was an arrogant, cocky, dude, but Fedor is really good for MMA and he got caught, plain and simple.
He didn't run out crying afterwards and he congratulated his better.
I knew there'd be folks on here celebrating, but I really wanna know why? did you really wanna see him lose that bad?

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:12 AM
Maybe when he starts smiling someone can remind Dana that Wedum was once in the UFC and he cut him...

Dana will say, "see Fedor lost to a guy who couldn't even make it in the UFC"

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:13 AM
relax.....yes dana will talk smack about this. You might not like, but you will hear it.

If Dana leaves it alone I'd have 100% more respect for him.

bj44
06-27-2010, 04:14 AM

if couldnt even make it means beating Gonzaga and Vera then losing to JDS in a fight he weighed 260 ponds in cus he didnt take him seriously then yes Dana has a point

rearnakedchoke
06-27-2010, 04:14 AM
dana is still gonna say he wants fedor ... guaranteed ... he wanted fedor to win tonite ...

Rev
06-27-2010, 04:15 AM
:cry:You need to to slow your role and stop crying. "durrrr, your rediculous, durrr."
I know he is a legend, I dont care.
I know he is respectfull, I dont care.
I know those guys got caught, and you know what, I still dont care!!!!!!
All I know is, the unbeatable Fedor just got beat.
BTW, another thing I dont care about, if you think I am rediculous.:wink:
I am glad he got beat, so what. If you are glad some fighter gets beat does that make you,"rediculous"? KNOW!!!
just because I dont cheer for your team you wanna call me names? well it really hurt my feelings and I aint gonna be able to sleep tonight.:sad::rolleyes:

You can stay mad if you want but, no hard feelings from this end.

BTW Fedor lost!!! and

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KevinD
06-27-2010, 04:16 AM
Yes I am

One thing would be if a fighter was an arrogant, cocky, dude, but Fedor is really good for MMA and he got caught, plain and simple.
I knew there'd be folks on here celebrating, but I really wanna know why? did you really wanna see him lose that bad?

I think Fedor the man, person and fighter is very likable. The hype machine created by M1 Global, Strikeforce and Showtime makes me want to see him lose.
So tonight, I am happy he lost to Verdum.

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:17 AM

I don't put enough stock in the things Dana says to really care anymore. Anybody who is still riding the Dana White train has been bamboozled.

KevinD
06-27-2010, 04:20 AM
If Dana leaves it alone I'd have 100% more respect for him.

It wont happen because every interview Dana does, the interviewer is going to ask him about this fight. Dana being Dana, will open up the smack.

KevinD
06-27-2010, 04:21 AM
I don't put enough stock in the things Dana says to really care anymore. Anybody who is still riding the Dana White train has been bamboozled.

whether you take stock or not, is irrelevant. Dana will spew and continue to pump his brand, the UFC. Its his nature.

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:25 AM
:cry:You need to to slow your role and stop crying. "durrrr, your rediculous, durrr."
I am glad he got beat, so what. If you are glad some fighter gets beat does that make you,"rediculous"? KNOW!!!
just because I dont cheer for your team you wanna call me names? well it really hurt my feelings and I aint gonna be able to sleep tonight.:sad::rolleyes:

BTW Fedor lost!!! and

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is that reveling in a person's downfall for no reason other than "you want to see them lose" is just dumb. Fedor is always been cool and very humble, yet people still want to see him fail. That's absolutely ridiculous.

This is another reason I like Floyd Mayweather. People ignore all the good stuff he does and they still just preyed on his downfall when he was trying to sell the "Pretty Boy" image. So he basically says "screw you morons" and started bringing a lot of hype to his fights, and the morons that sit around talking s**t end up sending Floyd their money. Over and over, and over again.

You can't win with stupid fight fans. History has proven that. Down the road, when the haters are still worrying about the next guy to hate on, the true fans of the sports know who the best are, and that's what ultimately shines through in the end.

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:25 AM

BTW Fedor lost!!! and

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I typed in "rediculous" into dictionary.com and :scared0011: nuttin' came up, slick!
listen Rev, you don't start a thread like that and not expect a response. you are an antagonist. you're happy right now because people are unhappy.
I don't like to see fighters, that I've learned a lot from, lose.

I hope you don't have any "hard feelings" towards me :scared0011:

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:27 AM
It wont happen because every interview Dana does, the interviewer is going to ask him about this fight. Dana being Dana, will open up the smack.

I know it won't happen but I can hope:)
Who else can Fedor fight in Strikeforce?
Antonio Silva?
Maybe more people will fight him now that he's been beaten.

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 04:28 AM

Thanks JB for telling what happened. :) I was beginning to wonder if this was the "SPOILERS" thread or not. :rolleyes:

J.B.
whether you take stock or not, is irrelevant. Dana will spew and continue to pump his brand, the UFC. Its his nature.

How is it irrelevant to this discussion?

If you are suggesting that Dana doesn't care what I personally think, it's not really a big surprise. He doesn't care what you think either.

We are still discussing it on a message board, and for that matter, I actually do think that Dana and the UFC care what we think to some degree considering they are paying people to post and promote the UFC on some major MMA message boards.

bj44
I know it won't happen but I can hope:)
Who else can Fedor fight in Strikeforce?
Antonio Silva?
Maybe more people will fight him now that he's been beaten.

His next fight will prob be against silva for the next title shot or a rematch with Rogers

Chuck
06-27-2010, 04:29 AM
This is TRUE.

BTW Fedor lost!!! and

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is FUNNY!

I think Fedor the man, person and fighter is very likable. The hype machine created by M1 Global, Strikeforce and Showtime makes me want to see him lose.
So tonight, I am happy he lost to Verdum.
This is EXACTLY how I feel. :)

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:29 AM
His next fight will prob be against silva for the next title shot or a rematch with Rogers

That's what I was thinking.

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:31 AM
This is TRUE.

This is FUNNY!

This is EXACTLY how I feel. :)

you suck too...
Jerome Bettis was purely the product of a strong offensive line!!!:punch:

Rev
06-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Yes I am

you wanna know why I want to see him get beat? Ok, Just had to ask.
I am glad he lost becasue he refused to fight the best in the world.(UFC)
yet people still worshipped him. I wanted him to get beat because of his hype and it would make things more interesting in the MMA picture. I wanted to see him get beat so his management might relax and let him fight in the UFC now. but the main reason is, I am an MMA fan and, like everyone else, I have certain things that I want to happen, and as long as his people thought he was unbeatable, they wouldnt happen. You dont have to agree with me, thats cool.But if you stop and think about it, you will realize that what I am saying makes sense.

I like the guy as a person, yes he is humble, I will be rooting for him again one day. but tonight the hype just got beat by a guy who lost his last UFC fight, yes I know that doesnt make him bad, but it makes the UFC look good. You guys can hate all you want but I am a fan of the UFC and am glad to see them look good.

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 04:36 AM
Should I light some candles in here and put on some violin music for you guys?

:laugh:

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:37 AM
yet people still worshipped him. I wanted him to get beat because of his hype and it would make things more interesting in the MMA picture. I wanted to see him get beat so his management might relax and let him fight in the UFC now. but the main reason is, I am an MMA fan and, like everyone else, I have certain things that I want to happen, and as long as his people thought he was unbeatable, they wouldnt happen. You dont have to agree with me, thats cool.But if you stop and think about it, you will realize that what I am saying makes sense.

I like the guy as a person, yes he is humble, I will be rooting for him again one day. but tonight the hype just got beat by a guy who lost his last UFC fight, yes I know that doesnt make him bad, but it makes the UFC look good. You guys can hate all you want but I am a fan of the UFC and am glad to see them look good.

So you take pride in admitting that you wanted him to lose simply because he couldn't reach an agreement with the UFC? That's business.

Fedor has every right to not want to be dictated to by the UFC. I watch fights for the FIGHTERS, not because Dana White says UFC is the best.

Rev
06-27-2010, 04:38 AM
LOL, this is great! You think I am happy because others are unhappy. I am an antagonist. I type to fast to spell things right. I used to wet my bed as a baby. yeah yeah yeah. You are looking waaaaay to deep into this dude. If you are really upset, I am honestly sorry. I would only upset a few forum members on purpose. But I am still glad he lost.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 04:39 AM
you suck too...
Jerome Bettis was purely the product of a strong offensive line!!!:punch:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo21/namag82/OhHellNoCat.jpg

MattHughesRocks
06-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Yes! And hurry! :w00t:

Should I light some candles in here and put on some violin music for you guys?

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 04:40 AM

I had no idea the UFC was struggling in the MMA community...
well then by all means CONGRATS!!

logrus
06-27-2010, 04:41 AM

ehh, he was only 2/2 beat Vera and Gabe back to back. 2 people Dana got warm for lol.

As we talked bout earlier, there are a lot more guys with worse records lol.

Llamafighter
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo21/namag82/OhHellNoCat.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I know where to hurt you!

rockdawg21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnAjjD0f9Mk

Not sure if it's been posted, but here you go.

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 04:42 AM
Yes! And hurry! :w00t:

Quick, Michelle, get some liquor for these guys. Something to mellooowww them. :laugh:

Rev
06-27-2010, 04:42 AM
So you take pride in admitting that you wanted him to lose simply because he couldn't reach an agreement with the UFC? That's business.

Fedor has every right to not want to be dictated to by the UFC. I watch fights for the FIGHTERS, not because Dana White says UFC is the best.
Congrats on watching for the fighters dude.
I watch because I love it for the sport, the fighters, the competition, and on and on. Dana has never called me and told me anything. I was a bigger fan of Pride than the UFC way back when. I could care less what Dana says, the UFC is the best because they have the best fighters. they didnt always, but they do now.

I love how you are trying to make me look evil with the whole "you take pride in admitting" blah blah blah. NICE:wink:

Chuck
06-27-2010, 04:45 AM
yet people still worshipped him.
Agreed.

I don't blame Fedor for all the hype and hysteria the nut hugging worshippers create. That's not his fault.

BUT... for the last several years he has chosen to avoid the best fighters in the world and feed on the scraps from other organizations or fighters who are well past their prime. For that I have no respect.

I HATE the Diaz brothers with a passion. To be honest they disgust me... BUT I do respect them as fighters. Why??? Because they're fighters... I think they'd fight their own mom for $5 if somebody paid them to.

I think Fedor's passion for this sport left a long time ago... I know his fans care about him being the best ever but I don't think he ever did. IF he did, he would be in the UFC... one way or the other.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 04:46 AM

Or since that he lost he might get a Title fight with Overeem.

bj44
06-27-2010, 04:50 AM
ehh, he was only 2/2 beat Vera and Gabe back to back. 2 people Dana got warm for lol.

As we talked bout earlier, there are a lot more guys with worse records lol.

yeah and his two losses were arlovski who fedor knocked out and dos santos when werdum came in weighing 20 pounds more then he usually does... Werdum isnt the best but hes a good hw

Rev
06-27-2010, 04:50 AM
He was undefeated for years, he should get a rematch NOW. I am still glad he lost but lets be honest, nobody has ever had a run like his and if Strikeforce had any sense they would hype this up bigger than anything they have ever done. I hope they dont and the UFC gets him but if it was me, thats what I would do.

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Congrats on watching for the fighters dude.
I watch because I love it for the sport, the fighters, the competition, and on and on. Dana has never called me and told me anything. I was a bigger fan of Pride than the UFC way back when. I could care less what Dana says, the UFC is the best because they have the best fighters. they didnt always, but they do now.

I love how you are trying to make me look evil with the whole "you take pride in admitting" blah blah blah. NICE:wink:

I don't think you are evil, I just think your logic is ridiculous.

You are openly cheering against somebody because of a business deal gone bad. You are entitled to that opinion. :rolleyes:

As for having the best fighters, sure the UFC has a lot of great talent, but the sport is bigger than the just the UFC and lot of the best fighters can't seem to work with the UFC, and that reason almost always seems to be Dana White. The UFC may have the best overall roster, but thats because they have the most money in the industry. It doesn't mean that there are not fighters out there who couldn't come in and win in the UFC. So you can say the UFC is the best until you are blue in the face, but there are still guys out there people want to see fight who are not in the UFC. Fedor is the perfect example.

Congrats on watching it for the company, dude.

MattHughesRocks
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Good job! Can you get me the Santos fight? :punch:

Chuck
06-27-2010, 04:53 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I know where to hurt you!

Go for my nuts next time bro... it wouldn't hurt as bad!!! :laugh::laugh:

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 04:53 AM
Already posted, check the thread: http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5521&page=2

:)

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 04:54 AM
Lets change the roles a little bit. Did you love to see Matt Serra get beat by Hughes. I loved watching it but most Serra fans were upset. Same thing with Trigg. The point is this. We are all fans of fighters, football teams, race care drivers and such for certain reasons. Most Nascar fans loved seeing Jeff Gordon wreck into a wall. Does that mean they hate him? No. It means that most fans don't like seeing the same guy win over and over again. Unless you're a fan. Why do you think people started talking crap about Matt Hughes when he was tearing up the WW division. Same thing. One thing I don;t like is hearing us down each other for our opinions. I made that same mistake in the Christian section and I am very sorry for that. We are supposed to be mature and every once in a while we blow up at one another. I must admit though it makes for great reading. Truth is we have all done it and we are all to scared to practice what we preach.

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 04:56 AM
Lets change the roles a little bit. Did you love to see Matt Serra get beat by Hughes. I loved watching it but most Serra fans were upset. Same thing with Trigg. The point is this. We are all fans of fighters, football teams, race care drivers and such for certain reasons. Most Nascar fans loved seeing Jeff Gordon wreck into a wall. Does that mean they hate him? No. It means that most fans don't like seeing the same guy win over and over again. Unless you're a fan. Why do you think people started talking crap about Matt Hughes when he was tearing up the WW division. Same thing. One thing I don;t like is hearing us down each other for our opinions. I made that same mistake in the Christian section and I am very sorry for that. We are supposed to be mature and every once in a while we blow up at one another. I must admit though it makes for great reading. Truth is we have all done it and we are all to scared to practice what we preach.
This post sucks. :fighting0092: :laugh:

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:56 AM

Matt Serra spent like 3 years doing nothing but talking crap...and we are Matt Hughes fans.

How many Werdum fans are on the forum tonight? :laugh:

Also, anybody who watches NASCAR and cheers for a wreck deserves to have their ass kicked.

Rev
06-27-2010, 04:59 AM
Slow down now Donald, you are making sense and thats not cool. lol
I also love now how you are only focusing on one of my reasons and saying that because of that my logic is ridiculous. LOL Awesome.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:01 AM
Matt Serra spent like 3 years doing nothing but talking crap...and we are Matt Hughes fans.

How many Werdum fans are on the forum tonight? :laugh:

Also, anybody who watches NASCAR and cheers for a wreck deserves to have their ass kicked.

you could have stopped at that and been correct.

JK I watch it sometimes.

flo
06-27-2010, 05:02 AM

Ditto.

IIRC there were several who laughed at the match-up. I'm sorry he lost, he's a paragon and I really wanted to see him remain undeafted until he hung up his gloves.

WAR FEDOR!

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Dana's Twitter ":D"
that prick:)

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:03 AM
I don't think you are evil, I just think your logic is ridiculous.

You are openly cheering against somebody because of a business deal gone bad. You are entitled to that opinion. :rolleyes:

As for having the best fighters, sure the UFC has a lot of great talent, but the sport is bigger than the just the UFC and lot of the best fighters can't seem to work with the UFC, and that reason almost always seems to be Dana White. The UFC may have the best overall roster, but thats because they have the most money in the industry. It doesn't mean that there are not fighters out there who couldn't come in and win in the UFC. So you can say the UFC is the best until you are blue in the face, but there are still guys out there people want to see fight who are not in the UFC. Fedor is the perfect example.

Congrats on watching it for the company, dude.

How about this. I think Cung Le could beat Anderson Silva. I bet I just ticked a nutt hugger off somewhere.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 05:04 AM

Well why else would you watch a bunch of grown men drive in a circle over, and over, and over, and over, and over.......:blink:

Yeah... I dig the wrecks! And watching the pit crews!

flo
06-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Down the road, when the haters are still worrying about the next guy to hate on, the true fans of the sports know who the best are, and that's what ultimately shines through in the end.

Hear, hear.

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 05:05 AM
Also, anybody who watches NASCAR deserves to have their ass kicked.
Fixed :laugh:

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:05 AM
How about this. I think Cung Le could beat Anderson Silva. I bet I just ticked a nutt hugger off somewhere.
Um, ok:huh:

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:06 AM

Not likely, they would probably just laugh.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:07 AM
Slow down now Donald, you are making sense and thats not cool. lol
I also love now how you are only focusing on one of my reasons and saying that because of that my logic is ridiculous. LOL Awesome.

No Mr. rev. I am not just talking about you lol. Finally I make since. Maybe I am getting somewhere. lol. I actually agree with you a bit. I think people get way too mad too often. Heck if we lived a little closer to each other I would take yall to Denny's for some breakfast. Or in my case since I am a Nascar watching Redneck. The Waffle House.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:08 AM
Um, ok:huh:

That's funny. I am only kidding. I would like to see them fight though. I think Cung is the only one who can pull off crazier kicks than A.S

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 05:09 AM
No Mr. rev. I am not just talking about you lol. Finally I make since. Maybe I am getting somewhere. lol. I actually agree with you a bit. I think people get way too mad too often. Heck if we lived a little closer to each other I would take yall to Denny's for some breakfast. Or in my case since I am a Nascar watching Redneck. The Waffle House.
I figured you'd choose the Main Street Diner.

Bonnie

Yeah, RockD, thanks for posting that and what Michelle asked... :laugh:

J.B.
Well why else would you watch a bunch of grown men drive in a circle over, and over, and over, and over, and over.......:blink:

Yeah... I dig the wrecks! And watching the pit crews!

That's horrible man.

I don't even watch NASCAR, but that's messed up.

Go watch the wreck that killed Dale Earnhardt, it wasn't even as crazy as some of the stuff we see happen a lot in NASCAR. I don't know how anybody would find that entertaining.

Rev

I think Hendo can beat him. I dont care if I ticked off one of those hugging people that you speak of.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:10 AM
I know bro. I was messin around.lol

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:11 AM
I figured you'd choose the Main Street Diner.

How you know about the Main Street Diner lol. That's Cottagevilles Best right there.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:12 AM
J.B I know we are all Fans of Matt Hughes but I was just saying. It's the same exact thing.

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 05:12 AM
How you know about the Main Street Diner lol. That's Cottagevilles Best right there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cottageville%2C+south+carolina%2C+diner&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Gotta love the power of the Internet!

flo
06-27-2010, 05:13 AM

Thanks for posting it. Dayum.

Well, at least it was good to see Big John.

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 05:14 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=cottageville%2C+south+carolina%2C+diner&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

That's not the Santos fight. :sad:

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:17 AM
That's horrible man.

Go watch the wreck that killed Dale Earnhardt, it wasn't even as crazy as some of the stuff we see happen a lot in NASCAR. I don't know how anybody would find that entertaining.

well if you was raised up around race cars you would be hooked too. It's like your Music. It's something you love. We love watching wrecks but hate it when someone gets hurt or even killed. Earnhardt was my favorite but he caused his self to get in that wreck by blocking so Michale Waltrip could win his first race and Little E would finish second. So we don't like watching people get hurt but we like seeing wrecks. Yeah sort of like watching a fighter get Knocked out but not hurt. See it's the same thing. If you're a fan of something you're going to have your own opinion and nothing we say or do can prove otherwise. lol

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:18 AM

I didn't even know you could google this little place lol. It's actually called little Piggys Bar-B-Que now. lol.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:20 AM
what did Dana's twitter say?

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 05:20 AM
I didn't even know you could google this little place lol. It's actually called little Piggys Bar-B-Que now. lol.
Google is incredible, you can actually use it to dig deep within a site to find locked files. I use it to dig dirt on my competition.

Say you want to find coupons on JCPenney's website. You can type:

site:jcpenney.com coupons and it will search ONLY jcpenney.com for the word "coupons". Google is amazing.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Google is incredible, you can actually use it to dig deep within a site to find locked files. I use it to dig dirt on my competition.

site:jcpenney.com coupons and it will search ONLY jcpenney.com for the word "coupons". Google is amazing.

I use Google a lot but seriously I didn't know you could find much out about Cottageville.

MattHughesRocks
06-27-2010, 05:25 AM
Cute.Now get me the Santo fight or give me my hat back and get outta here!

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:26 AM
J.B I know we are all Fans of Matt Hughes but I was just saying. It's the same exact thing.

No it's not.

It would be the same thing if this were the Fabricio Werdum forum and we were all Werdum fans, or if Fedor GAVE you and all the other haters a legitimate reason not to like him, but he hasn't really done that. I understand we are all fans of this guy and not that guy, and that is absolutely fine. However, when fans say stupid crap like "I was happy to see that guy lose" it just sounds trashy. Have we all done it? Yeah we have, but it's different when it's somebody who revels in the hype and goes out of their way to put themselves out there. Fedor has been nothing but classy his whole career. Does that mean you have to like the guy? Not at all, but it's silly for fans to cheer against him just because they want to see him lose.

Like I said, hate on Floyd Mayweather because he acts cocky, at least he gives people a reason to in that respect. But if you say "I want Floyd to lose just because he is undefeated", then that is stupid.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 05:28 AM
That's horrible man.

I didn't find that one entertaining at all... he just hit the wall. :huh:

The really entertaining ones have flips and spins and fire.... lots of fire!! Those are cool! :wink:

rockdawg21
06-27-2010, 05:29 AM
No it's not.

It would be the same thing if this were the Fabricio Werdum forum and we were all Werdum fans, or if Fedor GAVE you and all the other haters a legitimate reason not to like him, but he hasn't really done that. I understand we are all fans of this guy and not that guy, and that is absolutely fine. However, when fans say stupid crap like "I was happy to see that guy lose" it just sounds trashy. Have we all done it? Yeah we have, but it's different when it's somebody who revels in the hype and goes out of their way to put themselves out there. Fedor has been nothing but classy his whole career. Does that mean you have to like the guy? Not at all, but it's silly for fans to cheer against him just because they want to see him lose.

Like I said, hate on Floyd Mayweather because he acts cocky, at least he gives people a reason to in that respect. But if you say "I want Floyd to lose just because he is undefeated", then that is stupid.
Agreed, I'm an admitted hater of Floyd. I absolutely despise his attitude, but I don't want him to lose just because he's undefeated.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:31 AM
No it's not.

It may be stupid but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I just started liking Fedor and the only real reason I wanted him to lose is so he can come back a better fighter. Look what happened the last time he lost. He went 10 years without losing. The man will come back and I believe he earned fans tonight by being the classy guy that he is.

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 05:32 AM
Rev, please for the love of (take your pick), tell these guys you were just really really "happy Werdum won". :rolleyes:

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Rev, please for the love of (take your pick), tell these guys you were just really really "happy Werdum won". :rolleyes:

lol. now that's funny.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:35 AM
No it's not.

I dont think that was what any one said.
Dude, you have your opinion and thats cool, but if I think that Fedor avoiding the UFC fighters(among other reasons I listed but you seem to forget) is a reason to want him to get beat, thats my opinion. If I dont like him because i dont like the fact that his brother has a jacked up tattoo, thats my opinion. If I dont like him because he cant spell ridiculous, thats my opinion.

sender
06-27-2010, 05:38 AM
maaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn!!!!

I didnt see it but MANNNNNNN how crazy is this!

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:38 AM

It was all a joke!!! I am Crying right now because my hero Fedor lost!!!
He is so humble,:cry:, he dont talk trash,:cry:, he always calls his mom on mother's day. lol

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:39 AM
It may be stupid but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I just started liking Fedor and the only real reason I wanted him to lose is so he can come back a better fighter. Look what happened the last time he lost. He went 10 years without losing. The man will come back and I believe he earned fans tonight by being the classy guy that he is.

Nobody considers the loss to TK a legit loss. The fight game isn't like other sports where context can be built almost solely around numbers. Individual fights that are widely considered to be flawed do not hold up on paper over time.

Losing doesn't always make a fighter come back better. That's just what we say to make them feel better about losing. Will Fedor come back? Yes he will. Will he come back better? Not likely. He is still gonna be Fedor. It's not like he's gonna get a whole new bag of tricks after getting caught. That don't mean that he can't come out and beat the dog-snot out of Werdum, because it very well could happen, but it won't be because he turned into some new version of himself after losing. Guys get on a run, then they lose, then they come back and everybody thinks they are BACK and BETTER THAN EVER, but then they get a couple fights down the road and we realize they are really just the same fighter they always were.

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 05:41 AM
what did Dana's twitter say?

just
:D
a colon and a capital D

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:41 AM
I dont think that was what any one said.
Dude, you have your opinion and thats cool, but if I think that Fedor avoiding the UFC fighters(among other reasons I listed but you seem to forget) is a reason to want him to get beat, thats my opinion. If I dont like him because i dont like the fact that his brother has a jacked up tattoo, thats my opinion. If I dont like him because he cant spell ridiculous, thats my opinion.

You can have your opinion, I already acknowledged that.

I was talking to Donald in that post and responding to HIS points, not yours.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:43 AM
Nobody considers the loss to TK a legit loss. The fight game isn't like other sports where context can be built almost solely around numbers. Individual fights that are widely considered to be flawed do not hold up on paper over time.

Losing doesn't always make a fighter come back better. That's just what we say to make them feel better about losing. Will Fedor come back? Yes he will. Will he come back better? Not likely. He is still gonna be Fedor. It's not like he's gonna get a whole new bag of tricks after getting caught. That don't mean that he can't come out and beat the dog-snot out of Werdum, because it very well could happen, but it won't be because he turned into some new version of himself after losing. Guys get on a run, then they lose, then they come back and everybody thinks they are BACK and BETTER THAN EVER, but then they get a couple fights down the road and we realize they are really just the same fighter they always were.

Well said, Werdum would win this fight maybe 1 out of 20 times.imo
Fedor is still one of the best fighters in the world, he just got caught and was shown to be HUMAN. and donald, That first one doesnt count, go watch it and you will see it was a NC

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:46 AM
You can have your opinion, I already acknowledged that.

I was talking to Donald in that post and responding to HIS points, not yours.

Look dude, you need to start posting some "lol" or ":laugh:" cause I am laying down some serious, well ok not so serious, humor. the spelling stuff the mother's day stuff. Dang dude!!! why you wanna stay mad?:punch:

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:47 AM
He is so humble,:cry:, he dont talk trash,:cry:, he always calls his mom on mother's day. lol

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!

Nobody cares if you want to root against Fedor, but without a decent reason it just sounds like your drinking a big ol bottle of

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1415/810113569_f3d2439e29.jpg

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Look dude, you need to start posting some "lol" or ":laugh:" cause I am laying down some serious, well ok not so serious, humor. the spelling stuff the mother's day stuff. Dang dude!!! why you wanna stay mad?:punch:

If you think I'm mad you must not read many of my posts. :laugh:

I am not mad, worked up, pissed off, or any of the above. I simply have point that I am making and that is all. It's fine to root for or against whoever you want, but when the person is a total class act most people are going to think it's silly.

When I referenced rooting against undefeated fighters it was in response to Donald saying that people get tired of seeing a person win all the time.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:50 AM
Nobody cares if you want to root against Fedor, but without a decent reason it just sounds like your drinking a big ol bottle of

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1415/810113569_f3d2439e29.jpglol, who says we have to have any reason? I root against LSU because, I dont know why, and thats ok.lol America, what a country!!!

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 05:54 AM

lol. now that's funny.

:winking0071:

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE!!!

That's what I was going for... :laugh:

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:54 AM
I have to get to bed, I am preaching in 8 hours. I still have to get a shower, shave my head, send Fedor a HA HA HA e-mail, fix my spell-check and write an "I'm sorry" note to NateR for upsetting so many people on the forum. lol
good night all and God bless.

Rev
06-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Is nobody gonna tell me good night!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:scared0015::cry:

Bonnie
06-27-2010, 06:00 AM

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. :laugh:

Goodnight, Rev. :)

J.B.
06-27-2010, 06:02 AM
lol, who says we have to have any reason? I root against LSU because, I dont know why, and thats ok.lol America, what a country!!!

Team sports and rivalries within them are completely different. You are essentially talking about a logo and a set of colors. However, it doesn't make it any less dumb to use that logic. I am a die hard White Sox fan, but I only cheer for the Cubs to lose when they are playing the White Sox. I know thats not how most fans are, but then again I am not like most sports fans, and I enjoy calling out the ridiculous comments I see and hear on a daily basis. I don't have to hate the Cubs to cheer to for the White Sox, and I don't have to hope that Jeff Gordon crashes into a wall at 200 mph because I like some other NASCAR driver (to reference Don's earlier example).

Fighters are individuals who compete in a very brutal, and sometimes deadly, sport for our entertainment. Individuals have personalities that we all either like or dislike, and there are really very few who accomplish as much as Fedor has and still manage to remain as humble and gracious as he has been. Does it mean you have to like him? Not at all, and yes America is a hell of a country. :)

Rev
06-27-2010, 06:04 AM
GOOD NIGHT J.B.!!!! lol

J.B.
06-27-2010, 06:18 AM
GOOD NIGHT J.B.!!!! lol

Good night man, I wasn't ignoring you saying you were off to bed, I was actually playing Xbox with Logrus :laugh:

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 06:32 AM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1415/810113569_f3d2439e29.jpg

Isn't that supposed to be Gatorade.

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 06:33 AM

It's a little late but Good Night Rev.

J.B.
06-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Isn't that supposed to be Gatorade.

It's a special blend that Haters like to drink :laugh:

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 06:38 AM
Well said, Werdum would win this fight maybe 1 out of 20 times.imo
Fedor is still one of the best fighters in the world, he just got caught and was shown to be HUMAN. and donald, That first one doesnt count, go watch it and you will see it was a NC

I hear that all the time. That it wasn't really a loss. Well tell the loss column that. I can bet he was fired up and trained his butt off because of that loss though. All in all I do see your point J.B about how it could hurt a fighter as well. I know a way to stop it. Let everyone win like in T Ball. There can be no losers. Just messing with ya. You guys are awesome. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Great Forum and even a better bunch of Guys and a bunch of fine Women lol

donaldbreland
06-27-2010, 06:40 AM
It's a special blend that Haters like to drink :laugh:

You're absolutely right J.B. Mine does say Haterade. Dang. Well Man take care and hope you have a great rest of the night. It's getting a little late lol.

ufcfan2
06-27-2010, 06:48 AM
I had to get up and see the results of the Fedor/Werdum fight and I was surprised,but yet I kindof felt it was bound to happen...I think this will actually be good for Fedor to get that pressure of invincibility off his back..Hopefully he will polish up his BJJ some and work on a few other stuff and come back better...
Gratz to Werdum I kindof like the guy and glad he was the one to beat Fedor. Now will wait for Dana just to rub this in everyones face :)

cheachea
06-27-2010, 07:41 AM
I really respect Fedor for the way he conducted himself after the fight. He was very gracious in defeat.

J.B.
06-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I hear that all the time. That it wasn't really a loss. Well tell the loss column that. I can bet he was fired up and trained his butt off because of that loss though. All in all I do see your point J.B about how it could hurt a fighter as well. I know a way to stop it. Let everyone win like in T Ball. There can be no losers. Just messing with ya. You guys are awesome. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Great Forum and even a better bunch of Guys and a bunch of fine Women lol

Losing is never a good thing no matter how it happens or how you break it down, but when you are only talking about one single fight that was that much of a fluke it's easy to see why the MMA community generally accepts that Fedor has only lost one time in a legit fight, that obviously being to Werdum.

Fedor went out there and he made a very dangerous gamble by jumping right into Werdum's guard and he paid the price for it. There is nobody to blame for that but Fedor. When fighters lose fights, their stock goes down, and that equals less money, so even though Fedor is completely fine in terms of legacy and marketability, he still suffers a little bit from this.

However, let me just add that I do see the positive side in Fedor losing this fight. Fabricio Werdum just secured a lot of new opportunities for himself by winning this fight, and the upside for Fabricio is much greater than the downside is for Fedor. So I am actually very happy for Werdum and can't wait to see him fight again.

With that being said, it's also sad to see Fedor lose by making such a silly mistake so early in the fight. I enjoy seeing the legends of the sport be successful, and I still think Fedor could beat Werdum in a rematch.

Blade
06-27-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm gutted Fedor lost. I don't like Werdum but I wouldn't call his win a fluke, years of learning and training have gone into a slick sub like that, but it was a bad case of sloppiness on Fedor's part. He cost himself that fight.

cubsfan47
06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
So how do you folks feel about the other fights?:huh:

There were other fights weren't there?:wink:

J.B.
06-27-2010, 01:21 PM
So how do you folks feel about the other fights?:huh:

There were other fights weren't there?:wink:

The best part of the whole card was Gus Johnson calling the HP Pavillion at San Jose the "Shank Tark"...

Other than that it was really all about Fedor...

Thompson vs Healy was a decent fight. I actually thought Healy was gonna find a way to eek out a decision there until Thompson got his back.

The Cyborg fight was ridiculously uncompetitive and and Jan Finney looked like she just had a run in with Ike Turner when the ref finally mercifully stopped the fight a whole round later than she should have.

Cung Le vs Scott Smith was a bit more exiting to some degree, but what did it really prove? What happens now? Do we wait another year for Cung Le to fight again? Or do they give Smith the pointless rubber match? Either way, not too much comes of this. Cung Le is 38 and not fully committed to MMA in my opinion. Though he is fun to watch.

County Mike
06-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I was sad to see Fedor lose. It was cool having a fighter with the "unbeatable" aura, even though it's, of course, not true.

I also like his respectful talk after the fight. He didn't pull a Bret Rogers and say something stupid like "Next time I'ma let my hands go and knock him out". He just said, "We'll analyze the fight, see where I made mistake and fix it."

Tyburn
06-27-2010, 02:22 PM
:cry: Poor Fedor :cry:

flo
06-27-2010, 05:42 PM

Bonnie, ROFLMAO!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Neezar
06-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Agreed.

I don't blame Fedor for all the hype and hysteria the nut hugging worshippers create. That's not his fault.

BUT... for the last several years he has chosen to avoid the best fighters in the world and feed on the scraps from other organizations or fighters who are well past their prime. For that I have no respect.

:scared0015:

Geez! That is harsh. Imagine if someone told you that about yourself. Look at the choices you have made in your life and where you are at. How could anyone have respect for you? You could have made such better choices for you and your family. But you didn't......

Neezar
06-27-2010, 07:00 PM
No it's not.

Exactly! Rooting for you favorite fighter is a total different thing as actually hoping to see someone lose just for the sake of them losing. Usually anyone with that attitude has their own sad little life. Misery (or failures) love company.

:angry:

Tyburn
06-27-2010, 07:42 PM

Geez! That is harsh. Imagine if someone told you that about yourself. Look at the choices you have made in your life and where you are at. How could anyone have respect for you? You could have made such better choices for you and your family. But you didn't......

Plus...I dont know how much "choice" Fedor really has had in who he fights. I wonder how much of an influence the management team have over him.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 07:52 PM

Taking the 'ol Fedor loss a little personal are you Denise??? Don't be sad... they'll feed him another sub par opponent in no time and you'll be happy again. :wink:

Neezar
06-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Taking the 'ol Fedor loss a little personal are you Denise??? Don't be sad... they'll feed him another sub par opponent in no time and you'll be happy again. :wink:

No, Fedor's loss has nothing to do with me. And I am not sad because of Fedor's loss. I am sad because people can actually wish harm to another fellow man and his FAMILY and think that is okay.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
No, Fedor's loss has nothing to do with me. And I am not sad because of Fedor's loss. I am sad because people can actually wish harm to another fellow man and his FAMILY and think that is okay.

And where exactly did you see that happening??????????:blink:

Neezar
06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
And where exactly did you see that happening??????????:blink:

Taking a loss harms a man's career and his family, doesn't have to come in the physical sense. So wishing a man to lose or reveling in his bad fortune is exactly what I have seen happening here and what I am referring to.

Tyburn
06-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Taking a loss harms a man's career and his family, doesn't have to come in the physical sense. So wishing a man to lose or reveling in his bad fortune is exactly what I have seen happening here and what I am referring to.

I support you on this one Denise. Its mean to wish ill on other people, you know that people can be so mean, saying fighters shouldnt fight any more, or fighters have essentially been ducking opponents...some of these fighters have families, and this is their livelihood.

If they stop fighting, they might not be able to look after their families, if they fail to win, they might get less money then they expected...Chucks response alone points to how this fact just isnt recognised by people.

Here is a man, who has done no smack talking, has not been bragging about his training, fights for people who will grant him the freedom he requires to do other sporting activites that keep him happy. He has quite a devistating loss to be fair...and everyone is suddenly pointing and laughing at him.

Its dispikable :angry:

Chuck
06-27-2010, 08:52 PM

I understand.... but since you quoted me specifically I thought perhaps you saw that in my post.

I mean you did take a pretty innocuous comment of mine about Fedors choice of opponents and spin it into a pretty personal comment towards me... I guess I was just misunderstanding you... :wink:

Yes I agree... a fighter losing a fight could potentially hurt his career and family however celebrating the outcome of that fight has no bearing whatsoever on the actual fight.

Fedor losing a fight impacts his family. True.
Cheering if he loses a fight does not. His winning or losing has nothing to do with my cheering.

Every time we celebrate one of Matt's victories aren't we in fact celebrating his opponents loss?

Did you cheer when Serra lost? Trigg? Gracie? I know I sure did!!! But I certainly don't think my cheering the outcome of a fight hurts anybody or their family... a stretch that big belongs on The Incredibles!

Chuck
06-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I support you on this one Denise. Its mean to wish ill on other people, you know that people can be so mean, saying fighters shouldnt fight any more, or fighters have essentially been ducking opponents...some of these fighters have families, and this is their livelihood.

If they stop fighting, they might not be able to look after their families, if they fail to win, they might get less money then they expected...Chucks response alone points to how this fact just isnt recognised by people.

Here is a man, who has done no smack talking, has not been bragging about his training, fights for people who will grant him the freedom he requires to do other sporting activites that keep him happy. He has quite a devistating loss to be fair...and everyone is suddenly pointing and laughing at him.

Its dispikable :angry:

Cue the violin music..............

What happens when Jens wins a fight? Do you shed a tear for his opponent? Send them a check to help them with their bills?

Try to interject just a little logic into all of your emotion... it would help your posts to carry a little more validity.

Neezar
06-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I understand.... but since you quoted me specifically I thought perhaps you saw that in my post.

I mean you did take a pretty innocuous comment of mine about Fedors choice of opponents and spin it into a pretty personal comment towards me... I guess I was just misunderstanding you... :wink:

Yes I agree... a fighter losing a fight could potentially hurt his career and family however celebrating the outcome of that fight has no bearing whatsoever on the actual fight.

Fedor losing a fight impacts his family. True.
Cheering if he loses a fight does not. His winning or losing has nothing to do with my cheering.

Every time we celebrate one of Matt's victories aren't we in fact celebrating his opponents loss?

Did you cheer when Serra lost? Trigg? Gracie? I know I sure did!!! But I certainly don't think my cheering the outcome of a fight hurts anybody or their family... a stretch that big belongs on The Incredibles!

Hoping/cheering for your favorite fighter to win isn't the same thing as being happy someone lost. If you can't see that already then I don't see any point in detailing it out. No point in me saying anything else actually. What is already here says it all.

:wink:

Carry on, Brother Chuck and Reverend Lovin-it!

J.B.
06-27-2010, 11:15 PM

Hang on a sec brother...

You say he has been avoiding the best in the world for "several years" :laugh:

What Heavyweight Division have you been watching? The UFC HW division has only looked decent in the last couple years, and that ain't saying much. When PRIDE folded, and Fedor had an opportunity to cash in on the success he had, he chose to do so. Good for him. He had already been competing for years and was like 28-0 (or 1 loss, however you look at it). Almost everybody who tries to call out Fedor on the competition he has fought over the last 3 years are generally lacking context or fail to properly analyze the time line. Heck, when he fought Arlovski, AA was still ranked in the top 3, and Tim Silvia was still top 10 when he fought Fedor. People are just miffed because they wanted to see Fedor fight Brock or Randy and it couldn't come to terms because of a business deal.

Not every fighter should have to bow down before Zuffa to be recognized for their accomplishments in this sport, and fighters who don't agree to certain contracts or want to win the negotiating battle as much as they want to win the fight should not be judged negatively. It's called business, and when there is this much money involved, anybody who doesn't make what they feel are the best decisions for themselves at the time are just selling themselves short.

Tyburn
06-27-2010, 11:42 PM
What happens when Jens wins a fight? Do you shed a tear for his opponent?

I usually get incontact and make friends with them online whether Jens beats them or not. :wink:

Examples would be Cub Swanson, Javier Vazquez, Joe Lauzon, Leonard Garcia...those were very responsive, although it went the shape of the pear with Cub Swanson. Urijah Faber is much to busy to talk to me. I tried, but he was monosyllabic and wasnt interested in discourse so I respected him and left him to it. Josh Grispi is suspect...coz after talking to him for a bit, his management got incontact with me to say it wasnt him LOL

You should just hush now Chuck, I think we've seen your true colours, the fact you dont seem to understand the distinction Denise is making says it all :laugh:

J.B.
06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Cung Le was pretty excited about his victory last night...

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/09_SMITH_vs_LE_P1Y1206.jpg

bj44
06-28-2010, 12:49 AM
atleast fedor got subbed by the submission champion of the world this year and not a guy who loses to Roy nelson is grappling matches like Lesnar :laugh:

just trying to spice things up but seriously getting caught one time doesnt effect your legacy dramatically... Well see if Fedor continues his dominance after this hiccup like GSP did after Serra

Tyburn
06-28-2010, 12:56 AM
Cung Le was pretty excited about his victory last night...

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/09_SMITH_vs_LE_P1Y1206.jpg

I just discovered Cung Le deleted me coz he didnt like my Pandorum Review :angry: it wasnt even a bad review of him :unsure-1: He takes things way to personally I think :unsure-1: I still predicted he would win though, and am still glad he has...the issue is totally his boggle and not mine. :rolleyes:

J.B.
06-28-2010, 01:13 AM
After seeing these pictures, I think it was obvious that Werdum baited Fedor in by pretending to be rocked...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7942/werdumcatchesfedor.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9835/werdumtrapsfedor.jpg

NateR
06-28-2010, 01:47 AM
Fedor who?!?!

:sign0003:

Llamafighter
06-28-2010, 02:18 AM
:sign0003:

:sign0011:

Chuck
06-28-2010, 02:58 AM
I usually get incontact and make friends with them online whether Jens beats them or not. :wink:

Examples would be Cub Swanson, Javier Vazquez, Joe Lauzon, Leonard Garcia...those were very responsive, although it went the shape of the pear with Cub Swanson. Urijah Faber is much to busy to talk to me. I tried, but he was monosyllabic and wasnt interested in discourse so I respected him and left him to it. Josh Grispi is suspect...coz after talking to him for a bit, his management got incontact with me to say it wasnt him LOL

You should just hush now Chuck, I think we've seen your true colours, the fact you dont seem to understand the distinction Denise is making says it all :laugh:

Not agreeing with Denise's point of view and not understanding it are two different things Dave. Try to keep up :wink:

Are you trying to tell me that you've never been glad when a fighter has lost???

Neezar
06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
After seeing these pictures, I think it was obvious that Werdum baited Fedor in by pretending to be rocked...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7942/werdumcatchesfedor.jpg

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9835/werdumtrapsfedor.jpg

That is horrible! :angry:

But oh so funny!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

J.B.
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lijxup.jpg

VCURamFan
06-28-2010, 04:39 PM
JB, you always come up with the funniest post-fight pics & gifs. :happy0198:

J.B.
06-28-2010, 05:26 PM
JB, you always come up with the funniest post-fight pics & gifs. :happy0198:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6790/12813copy.jpg

VCURamFan
06-28-2010, 06:44 PM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6790/12813copy.jpg
:happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing: BEST EVER!!!! :happydancing: :happydancing: :happydancing:

Max
06-29-2010, 04:21 AM
If I remember correctly, one of the main reasons that Fedor did not come to the UFC is because the UFC had it in his contract that until he lost inside the octagon the contract never ended. With that being said, am I happy Fedor lost, no, in a sport where every fighter gets beat he was the exception. On top of that he was just a overall nice guy. I do hope that Fedor comes back and shows that he is still the best HW in the world.

Rev
06-29-2010, 03:53 PM
WOW, you guys are still going on about this?
Look, the "Fedor who" comment was a quote from Dana from a couple years back when the whole Fedor vs Randy thing started. I dint know so many people would cry about it. My Bad.:rolleyes:
Wishing harm on him? What? He tapped out to a triangle choke and got up and walked away. What harm? You guys are trying to make it sound like I want him to be beaten to a pulp.
You can go back and look a past post, I like Fedor. He isnt one of my favorites but I like and respect him. that being said, I am still Glad he lost. Get mad, cry, curse, scream, and hollar all you want.
I want LSU to get beat beacuse it makes Bama look good. I wanted Fedor to get beat by someone who was dropped by the UFC because it makes the UFC look good, plain and simple. I know that you all think that only "noobs" think the UFC is the best, whatever, I have been doing this since 1994 just like most of you have. I just happen to like the UFC and want the best for them. I like some fighters more than I like the UFC and if they leave then I would hope they dominate wherever they go(Matt, Rich, BJ, and a few more). You guys sure did scare off the ones who wanted Fedor to get beat, they wanted to hang out and agree but once you guys started blasting, they ran like roaches when the lights come on. LOL

Lets be realistic, he is gonna fight him again and destroy him. only a couple people in the industry have a good shot at beating him, not catching him, beating him. Werdum caught him, I think we all know that Fedor 19 times out of 20 would beat Werdum. Fedor will come back and get back to his winning ways and I hope come to the UFC, and I will be fine with that. Brock and Carwin are the only 2 people that I can think of in the UFC that I hope would beat Fedor.

J.B.
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
I wanted Fedor to get beat by someone who was dropped by the UFC because it makes the UFC look good, plain and simple.

In the interest of fairness, Werdum wasn't really dropped. He wanted more money or he wanted to go to Strikeforce to fight Fedor. Dana actually wanted to keep Werdum, and Arlovski too.

Tyburn
06-29-2010, 05:57 PM
In the interest of fairness, Werdum wasn't really dropped. He wanted more money or he wanted to go to Strikeforce to fight Fedor. Dana actually wanted to keep Werdum, and Arlovski too.

Yeah...far from looking good...the UFC look shyte because they threw away/couldnt keep hold of, the man who beat him :laugh:

J.B.
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah...far from looking good...the UFC look shyte because they threw away/couldnt keep hold of, the man who beat him :laugh:

Exactly, but that's only to those of us who are in the know and follow the sport day in and day out.

Most people will see it just like Rev said he saw it, and that is as some guy who failed in the UFC coming in and beating Fedor.

Max
06-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I just happen to like the UFC and want the best for them.

I find this line of thinking funny, why does making the UFC look good even matter? What should matter is what makes the sport look good. What would have been good for the UFC was if Fedor came over to the UFC. Him getting beat outside of the UFC does not make the UFC look good or bad. All it shows is that there are top level fighters outside of the UFC. If anything this is good for Strikeforce, now Strikeforce can talk about how good their HW div is. Before it was Fedor and everyone else, now that Fedor lost it brings him down to everyone else's level and allows Strikforce to make a few more interesting fights.

Rev
06-30-2010, 02:09 AM
OR, people are gonna say, "Fedor got beat by the guy that lost in the UFC, I guess Dana was right, the UFC really does have the best fighters."
Split it how you want, but this makes Saturday night even bigger for the UFC. Not because of the true #1 HW spot, but because "most pepole" are gonna look at it that way. We all know that "most people" are what pays the bills for the UFC. Soooo, the UFC looks good to "most people"= win for UFC.

Max
06-30-2010, 05:29 AM
OR, people are gonna say, "Fedor got beat by the guy that lost in the UFC, I guess Dana was right, the UFC really does have the best fighters."
Split it how you want, but this makes Saturday night even bigger for the UFC. Not because of the true #1 HW spot, but because "most pepole" are gonna look at it that way. We all know that "most people" are what pays the bills for the UFC. Soooo, the UFC looks good to "most people"= win for UFC.

If by most people you mean the UFC fan who knows knowing about MMA then I have to disagree. Those people really had no idea who Fedor was, all they knew of him was that they saw him kill Sylvia and some black dude. So Fedor's loss really does not matter to them because they didnt know who he was.

Neezar
06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
WOW, you guys are still going on about this?
Look, the "Fedor who" comment was a quote from Dana from a couple years back when the whole Fedor vs Randy thing started. I dint know so many people would cry about it. My Bad.:rolleyes:
Wishing harm on him? What? He tapped out to a triangle choke and got up and walked away. What harm? You guys are trying to make it sound like I want him to be beaten to a pulp.

Can you honestly say that you believe that this loss did not harm him, his career, and his family?

VCURamFan
06-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Can you honestly say that you believe that this loss did not harm him, his career, and his family?
I think he meant physical harm, D. :laugh:

Rev
06-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Um, he make 750k off this 69 second fight. No, I dont think this hurt his family. Any loss can hurt a career, and the only thing hurt on Fedor was his feelings because he knows he should have destroyed this guy.

Neezar
07-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Um, he make 750k off this 69 second fight. No, I dont think this hurt his family. Any loss can hurt a career, and the only thing hurt on Fedor was his feelings because he knows he should have destroyed this guy.

I am really liking your new nickname: Reverend Lovin It. Please don't make me change it to Reverend Downplaya.

Rev
07-02-2010, 03:39 AM
I am really liking your new nickname: Reverend Lovin It. Please don't make me change it to Reverend Downplaya.

uh, Ok?:blink::huh:
I'm lost.