PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shamrock formally announces his retirement

J.B.
06-27-2010, 04:08 AM
He's in the cage now on Strikeforce saying it's time to move on.

A lot of people don't like the guy, but he was definitely one of the greatest of all time. He deserves a place in the UFC Hall of Fame.

KevinD
06-27-2010, 05:04 AM

A lot of people don't like the guy, but he was definitely one of the greatest of all time. He deserves a place in the UFC Hall of Fame.

sounds like he is just dodging a fight with Ken..lol

Llamafighter
06-27-2010, 05:28 AM

HE was very critical of the UFC, there is no way they'll put him in. they would probably remove Ken now if they could.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 05:32 AM

You really think so????????? :huh:

J.B.
HE was very critical of the UFC, there is no way they'll put him in. they would probably remove Ken now if they could.

He was undefeated in the UFC and the first MW champion.

If he is not in, it hurts the integrity of the UFC HOF.

J.B.
You really think so????????? :huh:

Absolutely 100%

He did a lot for the sport.

Chuck
06-27-2010, 05:37 AM
Absolutely 100%

He did a lot for the sport.

For MMA? Yes.... For the UFC? Not enough to be in the HOF imo.......

J.B.
06-27-2010, 05:43 AM
For MMA? Yes.... For the UFC? Not enough to be in the HOF imo.......

The UFC and MMA are not oil and water.

How does Dan Severn get in but NOT Frank Shamrock?

Chuck
06-27-2010, 05:59 AM
The UFC and MMA are not oil and water.

How does Dan Severn get in but NOT Frank Shamrock?

True... but there is still a difference... take the recently dethroned Last Emporer.... he certainly belongs in an MMA HOF... but sure as hell not the UFC's right? Same with Shamrock IMO... he's done a lot for MMA... but not enough for the UFC to be in the HOF...

And Severn??? It's the mustache brother!!! Sheesh your dumb!!! :tongue0011:

J.B.
06-27-2010, 06:03 AM
True... but there is still a difference... take the recently dethroned Last Emporer.... he certainly belongs in an MMA HOF... but sure as hell not the UFC's right? Same with Shamrock IMO... he's done a lot for MMA... but not enough for the UFC to be in the HOF...

And Severn??? It's the mustache brother!!! Sheesh your dumb!!! :tongue0011:

Fedor has never fought in the UFC, ever, but that didn't stop Zuffa from buying up the rights to the PRIDE video vault, did it?

Your point when it comes to Fedor is valid, but it also raises the point of why we need an MMA HOF and NOT a UFC HOF. A lot of sports legues do not control their own HOF's for that very reason, such as Basketball and Hockey.

As for Frank, he was undefeated in the UFC and the first MW champion, yet Severn gets in because of his mustache? Okay then...:rolleyes::laugh:

Chuck
06-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Fedor has never fought in the UFC, ever, but that didn't stop Zuffa from buying up the rights to the PRIDE video vault, did it?

Your point when it comes to Fedor is valid, but it also raises the point of why we need an MMA HOF and NOT a UFC HOF. A lot of sports legues do not control their own HOF's for that very reason, such as Basketball and Hockey.

As for Frank, he was undefeated in the UFC and the first MW champion, yet Severn gets in because of his mustache? Okay then...:rolleyes::laugh:

Agreed we DO need an MMA HOF but until then all we have is the UFC... and I don't think Frank is a candidate... but HOF is about as convoluted at times as P4P so one man's entry is another mans disgrace... it's always been that way. I'm sure you and I could name 10 guys in ANY sport that belong in the HOF and aren't and 10 more who are in and shouldn't be.

That's just the way it is I guess...

I'm off to bed bro... it's always a pleasure posting with you!

Rev
06-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Frank was one of my favs. I have watched him everywhere he fought. I always wanted to see him fight in the UFC again Frank vs Rich would have been fun.

A true Pioneer.