PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my son

Twinsmama
02-24-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry to bother you guys with this but I need as many prayers right now as I can get. It's a real long story but my son was playing on a roll bar (for a truck) that was in my yard. My husband just took it out and was about to move it so the kids wouldn't play on it because we were worried it would tip over. anyway it did and my son has a fractured skull right above his hairline. So we've been shuffled from drs to hospital to home. apparently there are no pediatric neuro drs in a few counties around here so they just sent us home as a wait and see. They did a cat scan and it showed a depressed fracture (said the radiologist). They sent us to ER so they could transport him to another county by ambulance or trauma hawk. when we got to the ER they didn't seem that concerned and are the ones that told us about no pediatric neuro drs. the ER had it listed as occipital fracture on his discharge papers. Their primary dr said if it was depressed that would mean surgury. He is only 4 and I'm totally freaking out. I'm feeling so guilty because I walked away for about 30 seconds and heard my daughter yelling so I ran over there to find him on the ground holding his head. I feel like I let my baby get hurt. I'm hoping to get some more info today from the cat scan report but the first appt i could get to see a neuro surgeon is monday !!! please pray that he will be okay......

Crisco
02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry to bother you guys with this but I need as many prayers right now as I can get. It's a real long story but my son was playing on a roll bar (for a truck) that was in my yard. My husband just took it out and was about to move it so the kids wouldn't play on it because we were worried it would tip over. anyway it did and my son has a fractured skull right above his hairline. So we've been shuffled from drs to hospital to home. apparently there are no pediatric neuro drs in a few counties around here so they just sent us home as a wait and see. They did a cat scan and it showed a depressed fracture (said the radiologist). They sent us to ER so they could transport him to another county by ambulance or trauma hawk. when we got to the ER they didn't seem that concerned and are the ones that told us about no pediatric neuro drs. the ER had it listed as occipital fracture on his discharge papers. Their primary dr said if it was depressed that would mean surgury. He is only 4 and I'm totally freaking out. I'm feeling so guilty because I walked away for about 30 seconds and heard my daughter yelling so I ran over there to find him on the ground holding his head. I feel like I let my baby get hurt. I'm hoping to get some more info today from the cat scan report but the first appt i could get to see a neuro surgeon is monday !!! please pray that he will be okay......

I'm at work but I pray right now for you sister. Just try your best to stay calm and be strong twins. God bless and please keep us informed.

Bonnie
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
You're in my prayers! Like, Crisco, said, stay strong!

God Bless!

CAVEMAN
02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
I will definitley keep you and your son in my prayers! Keep us posted

Black Mamba
02-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh no, :sad: I hope everything works out for the better and stay strong too. You are definitely in my prayers.

bradwright
02-24-2009, 09:30 PM
i will pray for you and your son,,good luck.

Twinsmama
02-24-2009, 09:35 PM
It is a depression of 5mm. Their primary dr said that is a lot but I can't get into the neuro surgeon until Monday. so she has me all worried now because she expressed that even though the ER sent us home she thinks that is a big depression. She did say there was no bleeding on his brain.

dawner1969
02-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Oh honey, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. You all have our prayers.

I'm obviously no expert, but I'd say the fact that there is no bleeding is very good news.

Hugs
dawn

Chuck
02-24-2009, 10:14 PM
you got it sister. Call me if you need anything.

rearnakedchoke
02-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I will say some prayers and remember, it is never a bother to folks on here ...

Llamafighter
02-25-2009, 03:01 PM
You and your son are in my prayer. I agree that the fact that there is no bleeding is VERY positive. Just remember that accidents happen and not to be to hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know).
God bless you both!

Primadawn
02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
You're in my prayers, love. Hang in there--and don't beat yourself up--you can't have your eye on them every second. Praying he gets the care he needs.

Tyburn
02-25-2009, 09:07 PM
We will be ceaselessly in prayer over this :sad:

Chuck
02-27-2009, 03:08 AM
How's your son doing today????

Twinsmama
02-27-2009, 04:02 AM
He seems fine. His head doesn't even seem to be bothering him much. I finally got the dr to agree to come in on friday to meet with us at 1pm so I should know more tomorrow. I'm hoping they don't have to do surgery but I'm game for whatever will keep him safe. It's so weird that he seems fine but the drs are so worried about it. i'll let you guys know something as soon as I get home tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

(Chuck you don't fool me you were just hoping I was coming to Tampa!:Whistle: )

Chuck
02-27-2009, 04:09 AM
He seems fine. His head doesn't even seem to be bothering him much. I finally got the dr to agree to come in on friday to meet with us at 1pm so I should know more tomorrow. I'm hoping they don't have to do surgery but I'm game for whatever will keep him safe. It's so weird that he seems fine but the drs are so worried about it. i'll let you guys know something as soon as I get home tomorrow. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

(Chuck you don't fool me you were just hoping I was coming to Tampa!:Whistle: )

Maybe :D We're headed to Daytona for Bike Week Saturday and we'll be back next weekend on Friday and Saturday. Why don't you head up and meet us???

Mac
02-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Just Finished Praying . Please keep us updated on this, and dont beat yourself up . Kids do these things , its not you or your husbands fault , just make sure that little guy gets the best of everything.

Twinsmama
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. We talked to a pediatric neurosurgeon that gave us some good news. He says that Wyatt is the luckiest little boy he knows. The skull is fractured from the middle of the back of his head to the edge of the skull a little under his ear. Part of the skull was pushed in and it is actually overlapping some. He said there is some artery that runs under the skull right there and the dr just couldn't explain why it wasn't even nicked. He said that his eardrum is also fine. He can not do anything for the next 3 months that could hurt his head again. No bikes, scooters 4 wheelers or even recess at school. He is not happy about that but it could have been so much worse. The dr says he can try and tell us how lucky we are but we wouldn't even understand. He said the injury Wyatt had is usually a fatal injury and he just kept shaking his head and saying he just couldn't understand it himself. He said if that artery would have been nicked we wouldn't have been able to make it to the hospital with him. I feel like the luckiest person alive today. We definately have so much to be thankful for. When we got back in the car from the dr my husband looked at me and said "We need to go to church". that may not sound weird but i've been trying to get him to commit to going to church for a while and I am just excited that he saw this could only be explained as a miracle from god. Now we are on our way to get a Wii for the kids so that they stay indoors for a while. My kids have never seen a video game so this is going to be a fun weekend for them. Thanks again to all of you!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

Bonnie
02-28-2009, 07:25 PM
That is fantastic news!

So they don't need to do anything to fix the depression and overlap? :unsure-1:

bradwright
02-28-2009, 10:13 PM
hey thats great news,,just not sure the wii is the best choice in this situation,,Xbox or ps3 might be better,,ive seen kids in action playing wii and it can get pretty wild some times,,

Bonnie
03-01-2009, 12:18 AM
hey thats great news,,just not sure the wii is the best choice in this situation,,Xbox or ps3 might be better,,ive seen kids in action playing wii and it can get pretty wild some times,,

Yeah, that is true. Just watch him, "mama", make sure he doesn't move around too much with the Wii. It can get pretty physical depending on what you're playing.

Take care and God Bless!

CAVEMAN
03-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Great news! I know I'm getting in on the tail end of the this, I was not on this weekend. I just prayed for you and your son this morning! Now I will give OUR LORD thanks for the good news.

angelb
03-09-2009, 05:17 AM
That is wonderful news about your son Praise God! As a mum of two toddlers i can imagine how hard it was for you.

Its amazing how God uses these difficult situations to bring back people back closer to him. I am glad your husband has decided he want to go back to church.

God bless you all.

Miss Foxy
03-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Good news!!! Embrace your son and family your very blessed with this outcome!! xoxo

Twinsmama
03-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I know I could go on and on talking about how lucky we are. My son can't do anything even almost dangerous for the next 2 1/2 months. Ever time we even walk out side I make him put on a helmet. It's a sparring helmet I got from the local tae kwon do teacher. he doesn't mind wearing it. He knows that if he doesn't we aren't going outside and there is no negotiating!! He's only 4 so I don't think he understands how lucky he is to be alive to wear a helmet! The bad thing is that he feels fine and wants to run or ride his bike. You would never know he has a broken skull if I didn't tell you. The exact words of the dr were "Kids freaking bounce". Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers.

CAVEMAN
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
I know I could go on and on talking about how lucky we are. My son can't do anything even almost dangerous for the next 2 1/2 months. Ever time we even walk out side I make him put on a helmet. It's a sparring helmet I got from the local tae kwon do teacher. he doesn't mind wearing it. He knows that if he doesn't we aren't going outside and there is no negotiating!! He's only 4 so I don't think he understands how lucky he is to be alive to wear a helmet! The bad thing is that he feels fine and wants to run or ride his bike. You would never know he has a broken skull if I didn't tell you. The exact words of the dr were "Kids freaking bounce". Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers.

This morning I prayed for a protective hedge around him for the next few months.:) The helmet is a good idea!

Twinsmama
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Just wanted to update you guys on how well my son is doing. We just got an Xray last week and the Drs said they couldn't see any obvious breaks in the skull. That means that it has healed like they hoped and realigned itself so that it isn't overlapping anymore. The Xray doesn't show as much detail as the cat scan did but they assured me that he is fine. They didn't want to do a Cat Scan because of the radiation and said they would only do it if the xray looked suspicious. Since the Xray looked good he is able to go back to normal. He can ride his bike, go out in the boat and even go mudding!! He is a happy little boy. He can not wait to go out in the mud in his daddy's truck. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers while we were going through all of this.
Tracy

Crisco
05-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Just wanted to update you guys on how well my son is doing. We just got an Xray last week and the Drs said they couldn't see any obvious breaks in the skull. That means that it has healed like they hoped and realigned itself so that it isn't overlapping anymore. The Xray doesn't show as much detail as the cat scan did but they assured me that he is fine. They didn't want to do a Cat Scan because of the radiation and said they would only do it if the xray looked suspicious. Since the Xray looked good he is able to go back to normal. He can ride his bike, go out in the boat and even go mudding!! He is a happy little boy. He can not wait to go out in the mud in his daddy's truck. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers while we were going through all of this.
Tracy

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Miss Foxy
05-11-2009, 07:00 PM
:wink: Glad to hear this!

CAVEMAN
05-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Tracy

Good News!!!!!!:happydancing: