PDA

View Full Version : My View on WEC

Tyburn
06-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Soooo several upsets...and the rest were full of low blows...how does Kamal Shalorus get a draw with Jamie Varner when he fouled thrice, had ajust one point deducted and two restarts...oh...I know, a Mixture of Josh Rosenthal (who participated in another restart and absentmindedly forgot to deduct a point in the Renan Barao match) and the fact Cecil Peoples had the final score of 28-28 WTF

ohhh...and Amy...qudos for you over Horodecki...who was warned once for clutching the fence...then a second time...then a third time...and then got warned about blows to the back of his opponents head...not a point deduction in sight.

Does the WEC not care about the letter of the law OR fighter safety.

Furious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqQI2SdkqBs

TexasRN
06-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Soooo several upsets...and the rest were full of low blows...how does Kamal Shalorus get a draw with Jamie Varner when he fouled thrice, had ajust one point deducted and two restarts...oh...I know, a Mixture of Josh Rosenthal (who participated in another restart and absentmindedly forgot to deduct a point in the Renan Barao match) and the fact Cecil Peoples had the final score of 28-28 WTF

ohhh...and Amy...qudos for you over Horodecki...who was warned once for clutching the fence...then a second time...then a third time...and then got warned about blows to the back of his opponents head...not a point deduction in sight.

Does the WEC not care about the letter of the law OR fighter safety.

Furious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqQI2SdkqBs

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me about Horodecki. He's scum. I won't watch him fight anymore because I don't want to contribue to his paycheck.

~Amy

Rev
06-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Dude you sure say "um" alot.
lol
just putting that out there

J.B.
06-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Blame the refs and the judges for that stuff, not the WEC.

It's definitely unfortunate, but it's always gonna happen to some degree because of the human element to judging and reffing.

suntereo
06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
officials have nothing to do with WEC or any other fight organization - you should know better:wink:

kamal got VERY LUCKY! i was happy for him, being a fan but man that made no sense to me or him judging by his reaction.

Horedecki was being warned of the rules not accused of breaking them. didnt look like he was actually grabbing the fence to me.

and "thrice" means 3 right. Your english is funny:tongue0011:

Tyburn
06-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Blame the refs and the judges for that stuff, not the WEC.

It's definitely unfortunate, but it's always gonna happen to some degree because of the human element to judging and reffing.

I'm not questioning the Judges so much in this event...this is the fact that Zuffa dont actually seem to have a rule on deduction of points...each Ref seems to do it differently, heck Rosenthal seems to do it differently in different matches. He stopped Renan barao first time, no point deduction, he warned Shalorus first time, stopped and deducted a point for the second time, and just stopped him the third time.

its one way or the other.

same with illegal strikes...they oughta issue a warning, then a point deduction...then if it happens a third time a disqualification.

They are too lapse on the rules, and some fighters are taking advantage...and they actually DONT care about fighter safety because they dont penalize fighters who make mistakes across the board.

I am getting sick of pointing the SAME problem...and somehow noone else seems to think this is a problem?!? its alarming the rate of low blows are INCREASING!! what is Zuffa as a whole doing about it...because im NOT hearing this occuring in Bellator or Strikeforce so much...interesting that isnt it!

I'd hate to have to cause a scene...but if the next UFC hasnt improved it will be time for a Rant video, forwarded to all unsundry...and I do have the majority of the Zuffa roster on my facebook and myspace :laugh::laugh:

J.B.
06-21-2010, 11:37 PM
officials have nothing to do with WEC or any other fight organization - you should know better:wink:

That's not entirely true.

Zuffa has some pull with the Commissions about certain stuff and if they really didn't want a certain guy on the card, they could make it happen. Case in point, Big John McCarthy, and that really sucks because Big John is pretty much the best in the business.

On the flipside, they can't cry about every little missed call. They have to work WITH the commissions weather they like them or not, and it's bad for those business relationships for the UFC to start bashing the commissions TOO much.

J.B.
06-21-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm not questioning the Judges so much in this event...this is the fact that Zuffa dont actually seem to have a rule on deduction of points...each Ref seems to do it differently, heck Rosenthal seems to do it differently in different matches. He stopped Renan barao first time, no point deduction, he warned Shalorus first time, stopped and deducted a point for the second time, and just stopped him the third time.

its one way or the other.

same with illegal strikes...they oughta issue a warning, then a point deduction...then if it happens a third time a disqualification.

They are too lapse on the rules, and some fighters are taking advantage...and they actually DONT care about fighter safety because they dont penalize fighters who make mistakes across the board.

I am getting sick of pointing the SAME problem...and somehow noone else seems to think this is a problem?!? its alarming the rate of low blows are INCREASING!! what is Zuffa as a whole doing about it...because im NOT hearing this occuring in Bellator or Strikeforce so much...interesting that isnt it!

I'd hate to have to cause a scene...but if the next UFC hasnt improved it will be time for a Rant video, forwarded to all unsundry...and I do have the majority of the Zuffa roster on my facebook and myspace :laugh::laugh:

Zuffa is not the one mandating the rules.

I watched your video, and in a 10 point must system on a 3 round fight, you cannot just start taking points away from guys for relatively minor and unintentional mistakes unless it's absolutely called for. I didn't see the Varner fight, but if he got kicked 3 times in the balls, yeah that is definitely worthy of deducting a point, but not 3 points.

Grabbing the fence is one thing, because you KNOW that is what you are doing. However, if you are working a guy over with leg kicks and you slip, that is completely different. If I am blasting a guy in his face and he turns away while I am throwing wild punches, I shouldn't get penalized for rabbit punches, ala Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir.

When you are only dealing with 3 or 5 round fights, points are very crucial, and it's important to only take them away for serious infractions.

suntereo
06-22-2010, 01:31 AM
That's not entirely true.

Zuffa has some pull with the Commissions about certain stuff and if they really didn't want a certain guy on the card, they could make it happen. Case in point, Big John McCarthy, and that really sucks because Big John is pretty much the best in the business.

On the flipside, they can't cry about every little missed call. They have to work WITH the commissions weather they like them or not, and it's bad for those business relationships for the UFC to start bashing the commissions TOO much.

good points