PDA

View Full Version : Not complaining really...but why?

Irish Pride
06-19-2010, 12:03 AM
This seems like a double standard...and I'm not sure. I've heard criticisms of past administrations aren't allowed, yet criticisms of current administrations are allowed.

I posted the SAME picture as another person only mine had an actual factual statistic on it and it was deleted. Would it have been deleted without the statistic? I even included who it came from and the source because I often see people asking others were they got their information. One picture below outright BASHES our current leader, and yet it stays up. I'm very curious as to why and hope my picture can stay up in this thread so others can see my confusion.

As a side note: I'm really not an Obama supporter, but when I saw the other pictured that I based/copied mine off of, I had to laugh and post basically the SAME thing about Bush, yet mine was deleted. I figured mine would surely stay up as his has been up for quite awhile.

My picture:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d16/layinlows10/geico2.jpg

Other pictures that are posted as signatures and on another thread:

http://richardcochrane.hypocrisy.com/files/2009/06/obama-geico.jpg

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Misleader.jpg

flo
06-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Naturally, I'm just speaking for myself here...most forums lean one way or the other politically. It's obvious that the great majority of posters here are republicans/conservatives or, simply, not liberals. With the media, academia, Hollywood, most cable news programs, the standard news programs, PBS, NPR, newspapers, periodicals, etc. (well, you get my drift) - all having a defininite progressive/liberal bias - it is calm in the storm of that bias to have a place to post with like-minded people.

My head explodes when I see more GWB bashing, particularly when the current CiC is spending billions - no, make that TRILLIONS - for a health care program that the majority of Americans DON'T WANT. GWB spent more than I liked, no doubt about that. But much of his spending was to fund the wars we entered into after being attacked and having 3,000 of our fellow citizens murdered.

NateR
06-19-2010, 12:33 AM
This seems like a double standard...and I'm not sure. I've heard criticisms of past administrations aren't allowed, yet criticisms of current administrations are allowed.

I posted the SAME picture as another person only mine had an actual factual statistic on it and it was deleted. Would it have been deleted without the statistic? I even included who it came from and the source because I often see people asking others were they got their information. One picture below outright BASHES our current leader, and yet it stays up. I'm very curious as to why and hope my picture can stay up in this thread so others can see my confusion.

As a side note: I'm really not an Obama supporter, but when I saw the other pictured that I based/copied mine off of, I had to laugh and post basically the SAME thing about Bush, yet mine was deleted. I figured mine would surely stay up as his has been up for quite awhile.

My picture:

While your sig did include a statistic, you made a logical fallacy by assuming it was all George Bush's fault. Totally ignoring the fact that our Congress, who determines the nation's budget, has been controlled by Democrats (of which Barack Obama was a part of) since 2006.

Anyways, we had to listen to 8 years of idiotic Bush-bashing and there is no reason to tolerate that kind of stupidity anymore.

However, I wasn't planning to let Preach's sigline stand. But since he has been on the forums as long as he has, and is a friend of mine, I was going to give him the opportunity to change the signature himself. You didn't get that courtesy, since I was on my way to work when I spotted your signature and I just woke up a couple of hours ago, after working all night.

Besides, I have a serious pet peeve about non-Americans criticizing our government.

Irish Pride
06-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Naturally, I'm just speaking for myself here...most forums lean one way or the other politically. It's obvious that the great majority of posters here are republicans/conservatives or, simply, not liberals. With the media, academia, Hollywood, most cable news programs, the standard news programs, PBS, NPR, newspapers, periodicals, etc. (well, you get my drift) - all having a defininite progressive/liberal bias - it is calm in the storm of that bias to have a place to post with like-minded people.

My head explodes when I see more GWB bashing, particularly when the current CiC is spending billions - no, make that TRILLIONS - for a health care program that the majority of Americans DON'T WANT. GWB spent more than I liked, no doubt about that. But much of his spending was to fund the wars we entered into after being attacked and having 3,000 of our fellow citizens murdered.

I totally understand this, but Iím confused of the forums rules. I thought the rules were not to criticize Presidents. If it is a rule that you can criticize President Obama and/or Democrats, but you canít criticize a Republican president and/or President Bush, then post that. But a forum rule was made before Obama took office, and now that rule is not being followed so Iím confused as to what the rule actual is. Like I stated above, Iím not an Obama supporter. I feel there are many things where he is dropping the ball, but I am confused as to the lack of consistency. I have no problem with people critiquing, calling out, or voicing their frustrations of their leaders. That is what the other person is doing that has the geico banner and that is what I am doing. There is little difference besides the statistical information. So where is the line drawn? What is the clear AND consistent forum rule?

NateR
06-19-2010, 12:35 AM

Yeah, pointing fingers at Bush for our current national debt is absolutely ridiculous and just smacks of desperation by Liberals in trying to defend this current Obamanation of a President.

Irish Pride
06-19-2010, 12:37 AM
While your sig did include a statistic, you made a logical fallacy by assuming it was all George Bush's fault. Totally ignoring the fact that our Congress, who determines the nation's budget, has been controlled by Democrats (of which Barack Obama was a part of) since 2006.

Anyways, we had to listen to 8 years of idiotic Bush-bashing and there is no reason to tolerate that kind of stupidity anymore.

However, I wasn't planning to let Preach's sigline stand. But since he has been on the forums as long as he has, and is a friend of mine, I was going to give him the opportunity to change the signature himself. You didn't get that courtesy, since I was on my way to work when I spotted your signature and I just woke up a couple of hours ago, after working all night.

Besides, I have a serious pet peeve about non-Americans criticizing our government.

Thank you for your response and explanation. I truly do appreciate it. I can understand why, now, that you did that with Preach. I have no problem with him either as an added lil information.

Also, my name might make it unclear but I am American. Born and raised and both parents and grandparents American.

J.B.
06-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Hey, I was the one who posted that "Misleader" picture! :happydancing:

Bonnie
06-19-2010, 03:57 AM
Hey, I was the one who posted that "Misleader" picture! :happydancing:

So you admit you're one of the ones confusing poor Irish Pride. :tongue0011:

:laugh:

I don't think anyone answered Irish Pride's ?. What is the current official forum rule regarding posts on presidents? :unsure-1:

J.B.
06-19-2010, 04:26 AM
Not that it is pertinent to the point of the thread....

But does anybody else notice how the Geico spoof about Bush just isn't snappy or funny? The Obama one is more quick and to the point and simply lets you fill in the blank with your own perspective while still delivering the joke by sticking to the premise of how the Geico catch-phrase is delivered. When people shoop stuff, the idea is to be funny. As soon as people start trying to bog down the comedy end with too much rhetoric, it ceases to be funny and simply becomes grandstanding. There are plenty of well done and hilarious Bush photo-shop jobs, so it goes both ways, I was just referring to this one in particular.

Tyburn
06-20-2010, 03:12 PM

My picture:

Because 1) this forum is Republican, and George Bush was a Republican President

2) because George Bush did the right thing in bailing out the banks...he made mistakes, but that wasnt one of them.

3) because the best criticism about America comes from Americans...dont know if you are one or not.

Criticism is always allowed...constructive criticism I think against any President or leader has always been allowed. Just, dont mention the war :ninja::laugh: thats not really allowed...or at least...I'm not allowed to talk about that :unsure-1:

Preach
06-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Well look at the attention I'm getting lol.......... To be honest I was not trying to make a political statement I just found that picture funny.. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone not my intention. But you do have to agree Obama likes to spend money...... I have removed the sig although it pains me lol... On a side note if at anytime I offend someone just pm me I will take care of the situation

Bonnie
06-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Well look at the attention I'm getting lol.......... To be honest I was not trying to make a political statement I just found that picture funny.. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone not my intention. But you do have to agree Obama likes to spend money...... I have removed the sig although it pains me lol... On a side note if at anytime I offend someone just pm me I will take care of the situation

Preach I tried to pm you, but it said your box was full. :Whistle:

Those politicians do love to spend our money, don't they. I know what mom would tell him, "Do you think money grows on trees?".

Tyburn
06-21-2010, 05:44 PM
But you do have to agree Obama likes to spend money......

He likes to spend money on the Palestinians

He likes to make money from the American Populas

Those are just hearty facts...im sure you could argue other Presidents havent managed bugits any better...but I dont care about that since they arent the one on the Throne right now (sorry...I meant Oval Office :ashamed: )

Neezar
06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
He likes to spend money on the Palestinians

He likes to make money from the American Populas

Those are just hearty facts...im sure you could argue other Presidents havent managed bugits any better...but I dont care about that since they arent the one on the Throne right now (sorry...I meant Oval Office :ashamed: )

Right now......

:laugh: Exactly.

Neezar
06-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Are you married?

If you are having an argument/disagreement with you wife do you discuss the present issue or are you one to keep rehashing the past and never solving the here and now?

Tyburn
06-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Right now......

:laugh: Exactly.

:laugh: Me thinks that if Barack Obama had been presented with the same Congressional Offer as George Washington....You'd have a 300 year Monarchy right now :ninja:

Hopefully thats not something he can rectify with a...I dont know...Health Reform of something. You can just imagine it "These are dire times, America and Americans need leadership...And I shall humbly oblige...I shall take my place in History" and somewhere on Capital Hill the Coronation anthem "Zadock The Priest" rings out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omMndHP4tp4 Worth a listen as to why, and the music obviously.

:unsure: maybe I shouldnt be writing that and giving him ideas :scared0011:

Tyburn
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Something else funny...IF George Washington HAD said yes...you do realize that he would have become George The First of America....and the King on the Throne of England who he claimed independance from...well he was called King George also :laugh:

I have absolutely no doubt that George Washington would have made a fine Monarch...but I think he was right in saying no...not just because of the selfless act...but because the whole point of the Liberation wasnt just to gain independance...it was actually an Anti-Monarchy ideology if you look into it. They didnt think they could run the country better, they wanted a complete revolution in terms of the ideal of Government

It would have been an ideological step backwards.

Personally I have no problem with a Monarchy...but under the present leadership, I'm quite glad America doesnt own one :laugh: Monarchy is fine if you support the person aswell as the office...but when you get someone into it you dont like...well...your only way out is to...:ninja: remove them :ninja: